Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I have and so do lots others. Does not hurt to be included. When done right TDM is great. It can be very skill full and tactical. Recent games trying to emulate COD have made a balls of it with random spawns and chaotic map designs. At its best it's about holding down key areas and working as a team. That's impossible with the map designs, overcrowded maps and random spawns. Call of duty is gone the same way.

Fair point, can't argue with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Is there a Boards clan or anything for Hardline? Enjoying the multiplayer so far and think some proper squad work would make it even better. I'm on PS4 if anyone wants to add: Shreddedloops.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Game on PC with keyboard & mouse for true no auto aim!

I wish man the last time a played a game on a keyboard was on the commodore amiga lol
    I'm absolutely brutal on a pc any game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Some small changes coming up:

xtmzmhe.png

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

will the BF username thread be updated to hardline players? im seriously lacking people who play hardline to play with. at best its my cousin and his friend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

MarkY91 wrote: »
    will the BF username thread be updated to hardline players? im seriously lacking people who play hardline to play with. at best its my cousin and his friend.

The names remain the same on all platforms regardless of game, but splitting them by game would be messy and quite a bit of work.

Edit: I should expand upon this, instead of making myself look a bit lazy.

I think it's reasonable base assumption that most players will continue playing each installment of the franchise. A thread per platform (BF has 5 after), would be a time sink, and could generate a large number of threads with little actual discussion value. And many would have duplicates, as accounts move onto the new consoles. Hardline is something of an exception since it isn't exactly setting the world on fire. But despite that, a thread per platform overall is sufficient I believe.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Some small changes coming up:

xtmzmhe.png

Source

Having played this online for a number of days now, I really think they need to patch more than they have listed here. To me it seems that SMGS in general seem slightly over powered. You rarely win a 1 on 1 against the MPX, P90 or K10. It is the rate of fire more than the damage per bullet that kills you. Most of the maps lend themselves to indoor or CQB and this is where the SMG will rule.

Areas I would like to see looked at are:

1) Mechanic - MPX, P90, K10 reduce the rate of fire or damage per bullet
    2) Enforcer - heavy guns need to be looked at. While they do big damage at 43 per bullet, their rate of fire is so slow and the kick like a mule making them very difficult to use. I would like to see the damage dropped slightly and the control-ability increased to make them a viable weapon.
    3) TTK - This needs to be adjusted, it is to high at the moment
    4) Respawning on a squad player should give you 2.5/3 seconds of invulnerability before you can be killed. This will give you time to look at the mini map and work out what way you are facing etc. At the moment the amount of times I spawn on a squad member to be killed instantly... very annoying.
    5) Recoil - some guns need to have their recoil altered, some kicking way to much and others don't kick at all.
    6) Make a training ground so you can practice and test guns. Helicopters are hard to fly in BF so you need a place to practice before getting into the game.
    7) When buying scopes, you should be able to view through the optic before you buy it, some of them are poor.

I know some of you will disagree with everything there, but some areas need to be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

logik wrote: »
    Having played this online for a number of days now, I really think they need to patch more than they have listed here. To me it seems that SMGS in general seem slightly over powered. You rarely win a 1 on 1 against the MPX, P90 or K10. It is the rate of fire more than the damage per bullet that kills you. Most of the maps lend themselves to indoor or CQB and this is where the SMG will rule.

Areas I would like to see looked at are:

1) Mechanic - MPX, P90, K10 reduce the rate of fire or damage per bullet
    2) Enforcer - heavy guns need to be looked at. While they do big damage at 43 per bullet, their rate of fire is so slow and the kick like a mule making them very difficult to use. I would like to see the damage dropped slightly and the control-ability increased to make them a viable weapon.
    3) TTK - This needs to be adjusted, it is to high at the moment
    4) Respawning on a squad player should give you 2.5/3 seconds of invulnerability before you can be killed. This will give you time to look at the mini map and work out what way you are facing etc. At the moment the amount of times I spawn on a squad member to be killed instantly... very annoying.
    5) Recoil - some guns need to have their recoil altered, some kicking way to much and others don't kick at all.
    6) Make a training ground so you can practice and test guns. Helicopters are hard to fly in BF so you need a place to practice before getting into the game.
    7) When buying scopes, you should be able to view through the optic before you buy it, some of them are poor.

I know some of you will disagree with everything there, but some areas need to be looked at.
    Fully agree with all apart from number 4. It just shouldn't let you spawn if you're about to get instakilled, invulnerability just ****s over the other guy in the gunfight way too much to be viable in a spawn on squad situation.

AdamD wrote: »
    Fully agree with all apart from number 4. It just shouldn't let you spawn if you're about to get instakilled, invulnerability just ****s over the other guy in the gunfight way too much to be viable in a spawn on squad situation.

Yeah I know, and it is the reason I suppose they have never made the change. It was the same in BF3 and BF4. How I would see it working would be, for the 2.5/3 seconds, you cannot be hurt but you also cannot fire. Once the 3 seconds passes, you can be hurt and also you can fire your weapon again.

That way, neither side gets an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I'd rather they implement the same system BF4 put in where you can't spawn on a team mate who's in combat.

• Advertisement

They also need to reduce the amount of kills to obtain licences to use the guns with both factions. 1250 kills per weapon is very high.

It should be dropped to 350 per weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

logik wrote: »
    They also need to reduce the amount of kills to obtain licences to use the guns with both factions. 1250 kills per weapon is very high.

It should be dropped to 350 per weapon.

Not a hope & I think 1250 is the right amount. Far less weapons in hardline than in BF4 so youre going to spend more time on each gun. This will also force players to vary what guns they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Can't believe there is a thread on weapon balance and no one mentioned the M16!

Dominates at all ranges.

Least the SmGs are awful from distance so balanced somewhat.

Playing Riptide last night I died 10 times, 9 to M16.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

The M16 is part of much larger issue - the lack of balance between carbines and assault rifles in general.
    If you're a cop operator and you're not using an M16A3 then you're putting yourself at a big disadvantage.
    That's why you get killed by it a lot, operator being the most popular class.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

mozattack wrote: »
    Can't believe there is a thread on weapon balance and no one mentioned the M16!

Dominates at all ranges.

Least the SmGs are awful from distance so balanced somewhat.

Playing Riptide last night I died 10 times, 9 to M16.

What you have just described is pretty much how an M16 SHOULD work :D

Big M16 fan, and was actually pretty annoyed how in BF4 it felt pretty weak, with short barreled rifles and carbines operating much better over distance then the M16.

Somewhat happy it's relevant in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

TheDoc wrote: »
    What you have just described is pretty much how an M16 SHOULD work :D

Yes, but not in an arcade shooter. At the moment there are weapons there is simply no point using because they are useless. That's an issue.

Double XP is now active until Monday 30th March as part of Battlefest :D

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/news/view/battlefest-hits-battlefield-hardline/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yes, but not in an arcade shooter. At the moment there are weapons there is simply no point using because they are useless. That's an issue.

An issue in most FPS games.

Have to say suprised how weapon balance is such an issue on release. It's not like your balancing multiple variables like an RTS or MMO, it should be straight forward. Weapon categories have specific strengths.

I'll never forget in like the Bad Company series things like Shotguns with certain shells becoming one shot sniper rifles where you could hit people a mile away, or with LMG's being total bull**** in BF3 for a while.

It's pretty slack that weapons arn't properly balanced.

I've a personal preference for rifles and kit, and finding out my preference is **** balance wise, is frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Bf4 got it right after a while. Each weapon more or less is viable. Trying to get mastery on all of them is a slog though!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Wasn't enjoying this the last few days but its clicked with me now . A big part of me not getting on with it was the nutty unbattlefield pace , its fairly full on . And by the way if you haven't played Team Deathmatch yet ....don't . Its absolutely shocking , spawns are all over the shop , it almost feels more like a game of Free For All than Team Deathmatch .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Any Xbox 1 hardcore players on here? looking for some squad play.

Any Xbox 1 hardcore players on here? looking for some squad play.

Welcome to join myself and my 2 brothers. We play most evenings. Our game mode is Blood Money, we don't tend to play any other game modes. What is your gamer tag?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Fallonious IRL You probably played against me as that's all I play on it now too. I do be on most evening too

Is there a Boards clan from Xbox One on Hardline? I think Miskyboy is also on Xbox One. There would be enough of us to create 2 squads at least in a server?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Dudes, riddle me this.

I got Hardline via the PSN store on ps4. I bought it the day before release and thought it was just the standard edition, although 70e seemed a lot. There was no mention of bonuses for preordering when I bought it.

Logged into PS the other day and I had a message from PlayStation saying "your Hardline preorder Versatility Pack is available in game under Battlepacks"

Went to game and no such battlepacks. U don't care too much but if it includes a new gun I am all ears

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Seems there is some weekend 200% or 100% thing going on with XP. I didn't notice myself earning anything extra though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hotwire seems to be the mode they want you to play 1/12 with 15k points is normal.

If KD is your thing dont play to win on hotwire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

My experience of hotwire so far is constantly winning with 1-0, 2-0 etc. how are you managing to die 12 times in that mode..?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Team deathmatches spawning in horrendous.

So in my death count.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    My experience of hotwire so far is constantly winning with 1-0, 2-0 etc. how are you managing to die 12 times in that mode..?

I'm guessing you were playing against someone like me :P

Dunno about negative, I normally go 19/1 or something stupid on there, easy kills :P

Advertisement