Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dbit wrote: »
    Did you say Battlefront ? Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap !

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=827737950646183

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Needs more maps.

Current maps aint an improvement on BF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Anyone have a clue how to fix this:

I'm having a very annoying issue with BFH. I get this stutter / freeze issue after I play for a day.
    On first download the game will run fine. After I shutdown my system and go to play again the next day, it stutters until I completely uninstall the game, re-download and install again, This happens every single time I shut down.

Here's a video of my gameplay during stutter time: https://youtu.be/H3ZFeGtAKfM [youtu.be]

Things I have tried for fixing:
    1: Complete uninstall / redownload and reinstall - fixes until shutdown
    2: Reinstall all addons from __Installer folder one by one - no difference.
    3: Uninstall PB and install from web site - no difference.
    4: Lower gfx to it's lowest - no difference (and shouldn't anyway as it plays fine on fresh install with normal gfx settings)
    5: Copy game files from fresh install. Replace installed files when it goes crap again. - No difference.
    6: Recreated BFH files in users/profile folder. - no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as downloading 30gb files every time I want to play is a bit much :P

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

I had a stuttering issue with BFH before. I was (like an idiot) recording my gameplay to the same ssd drive that I was running the game from (C). Once I set it to saving the recordings to a different drive, I was ok again.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

whats you specs, Noxin? any other games acting up?

• Advertisement

The Red wrote: »
    I had a stuttering issue with BFH before. I was (like an idiot) recording my gameplay to the same ssd drive that I was running the game from (C). Once I set it to saving the recordings to a different drive, I was ok again.

Only recorded for the sake of showing the problem. Don't usually.
    whats you specs, Noxin? any other games acting up?

No other games act up. BF4 works fine on multiplayer. BFH works fine on single player.
    Specs:
    ASRock Z77 Extreme6 mobo
    Core i5-3570K
    GTX 670 (not OC) (desperately need an upgrade)
    Samsung SSD 830
    16 jigglebits Corsair Vengeance ram
    Win 8.1 64x

Like I said, on first install it'll work perfect. Can play that way all day. But once I stop and shutdown the system, it goes like the video again which to me makes no sense.
    I've checked the install files and only one new file creates on first launch, and it is just an empty text file.
    The settings folder creates too in my docs but even resetting these doesn't help.
    Once I uninstall the game (and it has to be an uninstall. Deleting the game files and copying an exact replica of said files before launching first time) doesn't help.

If the origin client would let me keep the installer it wouldn't be so bad, but even that doesn't happen anymore even with the option checked in settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

go here: C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings
    Open PROF_SAVE_profile with notepad++ (can download for free)
    Change the following variables:
    GstInput.MouseSensitivity 0.050000 ;1st one is the normal mouse sens. USE whatever you like, or keep it the way it is.
    These three however I edited and it solved many problems for me.
    GstInput.Scheme0Sensitivity 0.000000 GstInput.Scheme1Sensitivity 0.000000 GstInput.Scheme2Sensitivity 0.000000
    Always make a Back up or remember the original values folks!

Try that, the micro stutter may be a known mouse issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Strangely enough, doing exactly what you were doing is the only way I can get Shadowplay to record WITHOUT shuttering :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Try that, the micro stutter may be a known mouse issue.

These options aren't in BFH PROFSAVE_profile. I added them but it didn't make any difference.

Also worth noting that when I launched the game, it deleted them from the file..

==edit==

So I did a performance overlay graph and as you can see from the screenshot, I have a constant spike every second or so. Getting weirder. Dunno why it would happen.

rsCRK8v.jpg

• Advertisement

Gone through most of that already. Little more info:

One thing I've noticed from the screenshots linked below:

In-game multiplayer resource monitor: http://i.imgur.com/qE9yqTd.jpg [i.imgur.com]

Clearly shows the spikes in all their glory.

Windows resource monitor at the same time: http://i.imgur.com/vRJwbFX.png [i.imgur.com]

For comparison, screens of single player where I have no problems:

In game: http://i.imgur.com/LHNYAeJ.jpg [i.imgur.com]

Windows Resource: http://i.imgur.com/tKQlhc8.png [i.imgur.com]

What are those two top temp files? (waaay too much alliteration there)
    They only appear with BFH.

The muliplayer has some insane writing for such a small time-frame. It's spikes as per the graph are fairly consistent with my in game spikes.

Thats fcuked up

System does a lot of things and its certainly doing something in your BFH MP.

http://serverfault.com/questions/419048/system-process-pid-4-constantly-accessing-the-hard-disk

program mentioned there may help you narrow it down. Do you have a custom page file set by any chance?

Thats fcuked up

System does a lot of things and its certainly doing something in your BFH MP.

http://serverfault.com/questions/419048/system-process-pid-4-constantly-accessing-the-hard-disk

program mentioned there may help you narrow it down. Do you have a custom page file set by any chance?

You sir are a gent. Never heard of that program and it has indeed narrowed it down to the infamous punkbuster. The system file had a spike every so often from punkbuster that would disappear almost as soon as it appeared.
    I jumped into a punkbuster-disabled server HERE and the game ran smooth as butter.

Now I just need to figure out how to fix it. Already tried updating / uninstalling / reinstalling punkbuster with no success.

Currently running some tests but need to download the game again. That's about 120Gb on this game alone in the past 5 days. :\

Run PB as ADMIN

Run PB as ADMIN

Everything runs as admin on my system. :)

Still working on other tests that I'll know the results of later today.
    Bit of advice for anyone who wants to mess about with punkbuster. Don't do the web install. You'll get kicked from every server if you do. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Any xbox one clans ? Especially for the more casual gamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Smoggy wrote: »
    Any xbox one clans ? Especially for the more casual gamer.

Ye have contacted one or two others on here feel free to add me on most eves , Bliss IRL. Im only just trying to begin to ramp up a casual playing squad .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Lads over at IRL Gaming have a social group and are big into Battlefield in general

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Noxin wrote: »
    You sir are a gent. Never heard of that program and it has indeed narrowed it down to the infamous punkbuster. The system file had a spike every so often from punkbuster that would disappear almost as soon as it appeared.
    I jumped into a punkbuster-disabled server HERE and the game ran smooth as butter.

Are you running any overlays? Try disabling origin in game for example.

Also, another classic stutter fix in BF games is to disable upnp on your router especially for people with older routers that don't support upnp very well. It could be a firewall problem as well so try to bypass or disable that temporarily if you can

Also disable antivirus temporarily

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sold this for 45 in CEX, not a bad game but after the first weekend I never once felt like playing it. Seemed like a good call to get rid of it while its worth something

• Advertisement

Should have posted an update here, I've just been very busy.

While monitoring my cpu, it appeared that Raptr was spiking every so slightly with punkbuster. As long as I exit Raptr before starting BFH, it runs fine for me. I had tried disabling any overlays within Raptr but it didn't help so I just exit it completely now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

It seems the Battlefield formula is starting to go the way of Call of Duty for me in that there are only so many iterations one can endure before finally hitting that personal brick wall. Happened with Black Ops 2 for me - just couldn't bring myself to buy anymore. Enjoyed BF3 and BF4 but Hardline is wearing thin on me. Of course it's not the games fault - it's just that I've been here, done that, wore the t-shirt before kind of thing. I guess Battlefront will be "my Black Ops 2" - we'll have to see. It could very well be the last Dice/Visceral game I purchase for quite some time. Unless, of course, they go back to WW2 and bump the player count up to 128.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

PedroBear wrote: »
    It seems the Battlefield formula is starting to go the way of Call of Duty for me in that there are only so many iterations one can endure before finally hitting that personal brick wall. Happened with Black Ops 2 for me - just couldn't bring myself to buy anymore. Enjoyed BF3 and BF4 but Hardline is wearing thin on me. Of course it's not the games fault - it's just that I've been here, done that, wore the t-shirt before kind of thing. I guess Battlefront will be "my Black Ops 2" - we'll have to see. It could very well be the last Dice/Visceral game I purchase for quite some time. Unless, of course, they go back to WW2 and bump the player count up to 128.

I agree definitely an owness on pushing the cod players to BF with hardline.

I wish that they would go back to WWII and impress with next gen jerry wiping.

Noxin wrote: »
    Should have posted an update here, I've just been very busy.

While monitoring my cpu, it appeared that Raptr was spiking every so slightly with punkbuster. As long as I exit Raptr before starting BFH, it runs fine for me. I had tried disabling any overlays within Raptr but it didn't help so I just exit it completely now.

Ahhhhh Raptr.. my god that was a nightmare for me too. Same issues. I should have recognized the symptoms when you said it but I kinda assumed you were using Shadowplay for some reason. Hope it all worked out.

Ahhhhh Raptr.. my god that was a nightmare for me too. Same issues. I should have recognized the symptoms when you said it but I kinda assumed you were using Shadowplay for some reason. Hope it all worked out.

Yup I do use Shadowplay. Dunno why I still have Raptr installed. Need to remember to remove it later :o

Finally unlocked the Gray Hat Syndicate yesterday. That's some grind. Still have to actually get the coins though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

2XP is now active.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

Origin have Hardline listed at 25 Euro!! :O

Just didn't sell by the looks of it.

Should have been BF4 DLC.

PedroBear wrote: »

Should have been BF4 DLC.

father-ted-careful-now.jpg

father-ted-careful-now.jpg

He's right. It's not in the same stratosphere as bad company 2 or bf3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Netcode on the PS4 version is shocking. Possibly worse than BF4.

Advertisement