Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options
  • 27-05-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Might just leave this here for any new info regarding the new SWAT BF game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

BophjO4IUAAYFc6.png:large

BopecLhCMAEG_wy.png:large

Baton beatings! pow pow pow

BopaMPDCQAA9lbK.png:large

BopcDT4CUAEdrVe.png:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Hmmmm....

I am veeerrryyy excited about this one...

the close quarter tactical style impression I get from this, sounds like my preferred direction for a spin off game.

I cant wait!

cops-e802ebde.pngcriminals-0d307da2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

More here on it :

http://www.goodgamebro.com/2014/05/27/battlefield-hardline-modes-classes-details-leak/

Nope, won't be getting my monies straight away....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

• Advertisement

I'm not so sceptical, but how thick are they putting the code of this stuff into Battlelog already if they want to keep a surprise for E3?

Surely they knew the BetterBLog lads would be pulling apart the code for their add-on update?

http://www.koenv.com/blog/2014/5/battlefield-hardline

They are not slow with this stuff it seems, with the whole secret hints for the phantom trainee series stuff. I reckon they're planned marketing techniques.

They are dealing with very capable fans who can find this stuff so they are appealing to them I bet. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cat picture

hC6D5958F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Visceral Games

Not known for their amazing PC or multiplayer games. Dead Space series, Dead Space 1 from my experience had some issues with Vsync and mouse sensitivity, other Dead Space games by other accounts were not as optimized/tailored as the PC community would have hoped for.

I think it'll be the Frostbite engine and assets, as it's a Battlefield game and I dont think that Dead Space 2 or 3 have user controlled vehicles. So will you be stuck with the same tick rate and other issues that come with Frostbite. Will it be Frostbite 3.75^3? Who knows!

Lets be honest. EA gave the Battlefield IP to a developer that hasn't made a decent multiplayer game. I'll be holding out until some "honest" reviews surface after it's launch

Gahhhh i dont mind, ill be getting this straight away.. and Battlefront.. I wont be getting any other games around the time and I really only ever play BF3, 4 and Insurgency atm so I reckon it will be for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO2dEm4q6UA

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (0_0) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can wait a little easier for E3 now.. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Here's a gameplay promo that got leaked. Not sure how long it will be up:

Looks quite entertaining actually.

Edit: Video was taken down very quickly haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Battlefield: PayDay (but, we are the good guys!)

Buggy, server problems for the first week, plenty of DLC to 'enhance the experience', and ultimately forgotten about by a storm of "Make Bad Company 3!" comments from the community.

Next, please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I dunno, I find it hard to be interested in this after the screw up with BF4. The BF4 netcode in particular is only being really changed now and yet the last few DLCs will be out over the next 3 months. People got stung badly with BF4 so I reckon that a lot of people won't be so quick to pick this up and fatten the wallets of the guys in EA who continue to sacrifice gameplay for extra profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I haven't bought a shooter in years but that looks fantastic.

Im hoping that there wont be a repeat in this instance... perhaps I am being naive but I would love to see this as a larger, more impressive version of Insurgency where people actually use tactics and run N gun isnt a viable technique. I know its madness but I am hopeful that Visceral are going to be so intent on making a good impression, that they really push to make this as finished as possible out of the gate...

Judging by the vid though... looks like players are blindly running into firefights and unloading weapons into the air, at roofs, at trucks and in the general vicinity of where enemies might possible be...

That Battlefield Feel...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Aaaaaand it's gone.

hqdefault.jpg

Lol, once you see it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Looks fun but doesn't look like a battlefield game to me. battlefield is about all out war not bank heists and cash grabs! will give it a try and most likely like it but it just won't be battlefield.

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Looks fun but doesn't look like a battlefield game to me. battlefield is about all out war not bank heists and cash grabs! will give it a try and most likely like it but it just won't be battlefield.

I'll wait til I see reviews and all the bugs are ironed out, dunno if it will be my cup of tea though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

My only worry is if DICE still can't create a working game on their own engine what hope do a new studio have.
    I really enjoyed payday, I hope there's some stealth aspects to this aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Killinator

My only worry is if DICE still can't create a working game on their own engine what hope do a new studio have.
    I really enjoyed payday, I hope there's some stealth aspects to this aswell

It says at the start in collaboration with Dice, so maybe there's hope.

Advertisement