Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hotwire is brilliant, my favourite mode by far. The satisfaction when you take down a car full of people is unreal, either on foot or hanging out the window of a pursing/escaping car being driven by a teammate.

Also deadly that stingers in this game, when you find them, are absolutely lethal, taking down helicopters with a single hit.

I was afraid that the game would be too much like BF4 with a new cops and robbers skin - and it is in Conquest to a large extent, but game modes like Hotwire really set it apart as it's own game.

I was skeptical even when I bought it for €40, but I already feel it's money well spent.

Will give the single player a go at some stage as well, thought the SP in BF4 was pretty okay if unremarkable, the whole cops and robbers thing could be a nice take especially from a new developer who have previously only developed single player games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Holy **** one of the vans plays Judas Priest!!!!!!!!!!

GREATEST.GAME.EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Holy **** one of the vans plays Judas Priest!!!!!!!!!!

GREATEST.GAME.EVER.

Here's the tracklist, you can skip to the next song by pressing circle (ps4) :)

The Clash – This is Radio Clash
    Judas Priest – The Ripper
    KRS-One – Sound of da Police
    Public Enemy – Welcome to the Terrordome
    Ted Nugent – Stranglehold
    Until the Ribbon Breaks – A taste of silver
    Jamie N Commons – Karma
    DJ Shadow – I Gotta Rok
    As I Lay Dying – Departed
    Transplants – Madness
    The Stooges – Down on the Street
    Run The Jewels – Oh My Darling Don’t Cry
    Death Grips – Hacker
    Death From Above 1979 – Always On
    Dan The Automator – Lyrics To Go
    Killing Joke – The Death & Resurrection Show
    Ratking feat. Wavy Spice – Puerto Rican Judo
    UZ – Trap **** V17

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I just couldn't get into Hotwire game mode. It feels like driving endlessly in circles.

I only played 3-4 rounds of it. Is there anything I missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

DarkJager wrote: »
    Here's the tracklist, you can skip to the next song by pressing circle (ps4) :)

Judas Priest – The Ripper
    The Clash – This is Radio Clash
    KRS-One – Sound of da Police
    Public Enemy – Welcome to the Terrordome
    Ted Nugent – Stranglehold
    Until the Ribbon Breaks – A taste of silver
    Jamie N Commons – Karma
    DJ Shadow – I Gotta Rok
    As I Lay Dying – Departed
    Transplants – Madness
    The Stooges – Down on the Street
    Run The Jewels – Oh My Darling Don’t Cry
    Death Grips – Hacker
    Death From Above 1979 – Always On
    Dan The Automator – Lyrics To Go
    Killing Joke – The Death & Resurrection Show
    Ratking feat. Wavy Spice – Puerto Rican Judo
    UZ – Trap **** V17

That looks pretty good to me.

If i'd known the priest were in HL I'd have pre-ordered

• Advertisement

I just couldn't get into Hotwire game mode. It feels like driving endlessly in circles.

I only played 3-4 rounds of it. Is there anything I missed.

What platform are you playing on? I always thought that 360 and PS3 versions of Battlefield were totally stupid, large empty maps due to just 24 players (designed to be a 64 player game). Could imagine hotwire being dull on those platforms.

It's definitely not endless driving around otherwise, anything but. It's total mayhem, and it's brilliant. I drive if I get the chance but most of the time I'm hanging out the window shooting at guys on foot, enemy cars in pursuit, helicopters, and so on. Never a dull moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If i'd known the priest were in HL I'd have pre-ordered

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Thoughts on the game lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Thoughts on the game lads?

Really enjoying it so far, just about 60 hours played (and another 40 from the beta), and it's still going strong.

Good points:
    The faster pace is really enjoyable
    Blood Money, Heist and Hotwire are really fun game modes.
    Rescue and Crosshair are good if you have nine friends to play with - disaster in pub games though!
    It's very stable for me on PC and hit reg feels tight
    Map design is very good in general

Bad Points:
    Gun balance is pretty bad, first patch incoming shortly though
    There's a really annoying random flinch when taking fire, think it's a bug and will be removed, but it's pretty irritating.
    Some of the Conquest maps are just too small for 64 players

Personally I'd recommend it, especially if you enjoyed Close Quarters or Dragons Teeth DLC from previous battlefield games.

I also just finished unlocking my first syndicate assignment ! Got the mechanics FMG9, probably the easiest to do as repair and vehicle destroyed coins are pretty easy too come by.

Not too bothered by the Operator or Enforcer syndicate guns and won't be touching the Professional one until they change the camera coin requirements - I haven't even been able to get the Mac10 yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Gun balance is pretty bad, first patch incoming shortly though

Sure about that? :p

• Advertisement

Well they say shortly but they haven't announced a specific date yet. I wouldn't say it will be too long tho...

http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/26/upcoming-battlefield-hardline-patch-to-nerf-the-k10-buff-battle-rifles/

One major plus as well, compared to the BF4 launch, while somewhat less complicated of a game, it works pretty much as any game should out of the box.

One major plus as well, compared to the BF4 launch, while somewhat less complicated of a game, it works pretty much as any game should out of the box.

Except for the absurd weapon balance, which appears got little to no attention at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I'm hoping Visceral are a lot more on the ball about getting patches out quickly than dice were.
    We'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

AdamD wrote: »
    My experience of hotwire so far is constantly winning with 1-0, 2-0 etc. how are you managing to die 12 times in that mode..?

By driving the car and not camping a spot. **** all you can do vs HE nades, noticed most guys with 10-1 had 2k points but the gimps like me PTFO were at 15k and top of the board.

Went up 4 levels in 3 matches, KD ratio gone to **** tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Re Hotwire, yeah that it is brilliant if farming points is your thing.

I reckon those who love this game mode are generally those who play as medic in Battlefield games, i.e. love easy mode.

My ten year old lives Hotwire and I can see why he does as by being a passenger and going 0-5 he can rake in the points. These points are a drug to some and scuw their judgement somewhat. I excuse this for a ten year old, not the traditional BF player though.

To me it is a good addition, a game to play once a week for an hour but cannot see how it is so loved when it is just driving in circles, planting c4 traps or camping with rpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I might jump into this. I've been using Planetside 2 as my FPS game lately. It's good, but the lag at times becomes too much.
    Where are people buying? Are the extras on the digi delux / ultimate worth it? Is there unique weapons or is everything available through unlocks anyway? (Bar the premium version with ultimate obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,804 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

mozattack wrote: »

I reckon those who love this game mode are generally those who play as medic in Battlefield games, i.e. love easy mode.

My ten year old lives Hotwire and I can see why he does as by being a passenger and going 0-5 he can rake in the points. These points are a drug to some and scuw their judgement somewhat. I excuse this for a ten year old, not the traditional BF player though.

To me it is a good addition, a game to play once a week for an hour but cannot see how it is so loved when it is just driving in circles, planting c4 traps or camping with rpg

That's the key, people don't know how to play that mode and just walk around on foot waiting for a vehicle to drive past. The vehicles just go in big circles farming points.

It is meant to be a car chase, when people get into vehicles and chase each other it is great fun and there is no point farming as cars last no time.

But what happens is one group snipe, one group play tdm in the middle and one group drives around the outside in circles. if I get on a map with good players then it's all out action with car loads chasing each other around shooting out of Windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Absolutely loving this game

No, those who play medic will be generally worried about their KD, so playing Hotwire is a no no.

• Advertisement

No, those who play medic will be generally worried about their KD, so playing Hotwire is a no no.

To be honest lads those are real arsey posts.

People love it because it's incredible fun. The point of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

dreamers75 wrote: »
    By driving the car and not camping a spot. **** all you can do vs HE nades, noticed most guys with 10-1 had 2k points but the gimps like me PTFO were at 15k and top of the board.

Went up 4 levels in 3 matches, KD ratio gone to **** tho.

Still not getting it. I also drive the car and have only ever died 2 or 3 times in a game of hotwire..

I don't get that either. You obviously can't be driving the car all the time, so you spend a good portion of the game on foot or as a passenger shooting.

I never get strong K: D ratios on Hotwire but it's usually at least close to parity (not that I really care much).

I also find that people don't spam grenade launcher that much either in Hotwire, as the primary weapon in that class is crap for large open maps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hotwire provides more opportunities to throw c4 ridden cars & bikes at lads :) So that's me sorted haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

was really on the fence on this. Played singleplayer Friday and regretted buying it. Put on the MP this weekend and loving it.

Also Hotwire is brilliant. Got into a police car and Ted Nugent's Stranglehold started playing - Sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So I tried the 64 vs 64 Conquest last night for the first time, I usually play Blood Money. Due to the spawn points and the amount of players it just felt like a free for all or a TDM as opposed to the conquest mode in BF4 or BF4, the amount of snipers was insane, didn't enjoy it at all. I was spawning, running 10-15 metres and being hit by Snipers or vehicles. Rage inducing.

logik wrote: »
    So I tried the 32 v 32 Conquest last night for the first time, I usually play Blood Money.

Just to save confusion for others.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just to save confusion for others.

Lol, good man, Monday morning brain fart, more coffee is needed!!!

@MiskyBoyy... Level 142, unreal stuff!!! I think you have maxed out the amount of Hotwire gold stars you can get to.

logik wrote: »
    Lol, good man, Monday morning brain fart, more coffee is needed!!!

@MiskyBoyy... Level 142, unreal stuff!!! I think you have maxed out the amount of Hotwire gold stars you can get to.

Have had my morning joe already myself :D

Yeah, I got the game early and have been going ham ever since lol. Hotwire whoring all the way! Maxed out the sedan yesterday, just maxed out the coupe there now lol :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Have had my morning joe already myself :D

Yeah, I got the game early and have been going ham ever since lol. Hotwire whoring all the way! Maxed out the sedan yesterday, just maxed out the coupe there now lol :rolleyes:

Yeah, noticed that!, I added ya as a friend there. If you are on, might join you for a bit of craic.

Advertisement