Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Seems there was a price drop on Origin.

€39.99 standard / €46.66 dig deluxe / €95.98 ultimate

Spring sale I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

When I first bought this I just got standard, said to myself that there was no way I'd be interested in Premium or additional map packs.

Hotwire mode has proven me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Corvo

When I first bought this I just got standard, said to myself that there was no way I'd be interested in Premium or additional map packs.

Hotwire mode has proven me wrong.

Tried it the other night. Its very fun. Not something I thought I would be into.

It's extremely easy to rack up points however.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Corvo wrote: »
    Tried it the other night. Its very fun. Not something I thought I would be into.

It's extremely easy to rack up points however.

RPG nerf will hopefully bring it down a bit. Laughable constantly getting so many points for blowing up cap vehicles with 3-4 people in them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Double XP for premium members this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Double XP for premium members this weekend.

I think they need to come with new ways to entice people to buy premium :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I think they need to come with new ways to entice people to buy premium :D

There's certainly nothing at the moment to make it worth buying Premium. I'll pick it up when the first expansion pack is coming and some of the promised features should be in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Anyone getting slightly bored by this? I mean its stioll good fun but whenever I turn on my console & I see my list of games ready to play, I keep going to bf4. Just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm bored of it but I'm not a BF fan tbh so it was expected. It all just feels so structureless and random, for this style you probably need smaller numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Won't say I'm getting bored - Blood Money, Heist and Hotwire I find to be more fun than anything BF4 has to offer other than Conquest Large.

Played a bit of CTE recently, the new spring patch looks like it could be very good indeed, but the game feels incredibly slow after playing Hardline.

Once the spring patch drops I'll likely alternate between the two - BF4 for conquest, Hardline for everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Switching over to the CTE after playing Hardline I keep trying to jump through unbroken windows only to come to a complete halt. Tis one of the fun game mechanics of Hardline.

Nice one. Just unlocked the Wolf & Dino masks :)

They take up 1 of the gadget slots and you only get to use the Wolf mask as criminals, Dino mask as Cops.

They also don't cost anything to buy once you unlock them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Kinda bored if the game now. Went back to BF4 and it was amazing.

Hardline is just too fast, player speed is stupidly fast meaning it only promotes reckless running and gunning with high rpm weapons. Tiresome

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mozattack wrote: »
    Kinda bored if the game now. Went back to BF4 and it was amazing.

Hardline is just too fast, player speed is stupidly fast meaning it only promotes reckless running and gunning with high rpm weapons. Tiresome

My exact same experience. I just can't muster any interest in playing Hardline at all. Everything in BF4 was done better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I went back to bf4 last week and I love it. Ill probably play both and Hardline more when its patched. But yeah its made me appreciate BF4 even more. and I have 600 hours put into the game!

Well the battlefeast for BF4 is going to be great, I know we are all excited for it. But Hardline has been doing a good job of tiding me over until then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm still liking it. Would like some new maps soon though

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'm still liking it. Would like some new maps soon though

Have you been playing on Growhouse & The Block too?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

And here is me playing Bad Company 2. I cant stand BF4 mostly due to maps. I cant imagine I will enjoy Hardline. Still going to pick it up in few weeks time for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Single player just feels cheap.

Cant even bring myself to play it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Spear wrote: »
    My exact same experience. I just can't muster any interest in playing Hardline at all. Everything in BF4 was done better.

Hate to say it but I'm the same. Tried so hard to love this game but just can't enjoy it long term. Fun for an hour but the other bf games destroy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Have you been playing on Growhouse & The Block too?

Everything really. Mostly playing conquest large and heists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

lol, its funny, no matter what the game, whenever a sequel comes out, everyone moans about how things were better in the older game - the same game that everyone had spent the whole year giving out about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

lol, its funny, no matter what the game, whenever a sequel comes out, everyone moans about how things were better in the older game - the same game that everyone had spent the whole year giving out about.

True for some but not all. BF4 has been amazing for me most of the time, no compliants apart from when Naval Strike shipped, seriously didn't work on PS4 until patched.

Although playing Firestorm and seeing 4 of your squad on a mountain with the SRR is infuriating

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

I don't think it's the same. For example I have loved bf4 from the start and 3 just before that. This Hardline is very different. Very.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Call of Duty
    Infinity Ward, 2003 and modern warfare II for me was the tops , after MW2 COD went to **** . Personally im itching for a return to WWII with modern frame rates and hardware it would be a pleasure to return to that era.

I'd be another one of those who wasn't anything but positive about BF4. I didn't suffer the serious issues most seemed to have issue with, things like infamous netcode and the likes. There was some crashing issues around the first two days but I got that sorted out and didn't really have a problem. My BF4 love comes in cycles, usually when WoW activity dies down. I'm back the last few weeks loving it loads, playing with friends and eager for the new content.

Hardline is what it is, and that's fine, just not for me. There is only a couple of maps that are any use, and even fewer combinations with certain game modes and sizes. The game doesn't suffer from less weapons, but suffers because the weapons are so imbalanced.

I got it from a friend through EA, so for me there wasn't any immense financial investment so it's no big deal for me, I don't feel I need to love it or justify the spend. It's a decent shooter but doesn't do anything more then attempt to take some market share from CoD on consoles. It's a gentle filler for longterm BF fans until the like sof Battlefront arrives.

Although if I paid the full RRP for it, I'd probably go spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Did you say Battlefront ? Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

For me, I want to another tour of Nam again!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Here's EAs opinion on Hardline, the head of Visceral is out:

http://kotaku.com/big-management-shake-up-at-battlefield-hardline-develop-1696510049

Advertisement