Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

One/Two more sleeps (Depending how dedicated your are :D ) until the end!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

One and a half... Alarm clock is already set for Monday, 3:15 AM. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Jikashi wrote: »
    He did talk to Walter about the incident over which he left the police force, where he gave a second chance to a domestic abuser which resulted in the woman ending up dead.

He never said that's what made him leave. It was that incident that stopped him taking half measures, and we know from Hank that something happened in Philadelphia but nothing suggests they were one and the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭John Dodger

Dman001 wrote: »
    We still have to see how he manages to find a contact to purchase the gun too, now that Saul is out of the picture. My guess is Vaccum guy sets him up with someone, that's if Walt has direct contact to him.

We know how he gets the gun. That's already been shown.

We also know, from the last episode, that he is NOT in direct contact with the vacuum repair guy. What show have you been watching?

We never got an explanation as to what happened with Walt and GM at the end. While Walt is obviously seriously resentful and thinks he was screwed over, I have my doubts he was. Way back (season 2?) when he met Gretchen in the cafe, she seemed genuinely shocked that that was how he thought. She says that she came back from a break and he was gone (or something very similar). This implies that (i) they were an 'official' item (their relationship wasn't hidden) and (ii) he didn't leave because she had an affair with Elliot (surely she would then have known why he left?). So why did he leave? We don't know. Maybe they were dishonest/fraudulent/whatever in their business/science back then and that's why he left. Maybe he'll reveal this somehow and GM will be screwed. I've even seen it suggested that GM is actually a counterpart to Madrigal - a front for drug smuggling. I doubt we will get this level of time devoted to it next episode, if at all - only thing I could imagine would be a brief revelatory camera set up at the end - a la lily of the valley at the end of season 4.

The only thing we do know is that Walt was married to Skyler while he was still in GM.

I'd be very dissapointed if the reason he left GM is not revealed in the last episode. I have a feeling it could be pivotal.

• Advertisement

laugh wrote: »
    The opening scene of the last episode is Todd and Lydia in the sack? She is poisoned at some point? Having Lydia die is the kind of punishment the audience need to see Todd receive but only if she means more to him than at present (for greater effect she should also be pregnant.).

- Walt knows Pinkman is probably alive because of the quality of the Meth.
    - He knows Lydia is involved with the Nazis because the Meth is still making it's way to eastern Europe.
    - He will want to go out in a way that clears Skylar.

Walt already knew Lydia was involved with the nazis several episodes ago and it didn't bother him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Interesting article about what made the writers bring back Gretchen and Elliot again. Makes me think maybe we will see them next episode.

Also for those who don't use twitter

9v8j9s.png

They must have blown the whole budget on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The only thing we do know is that Walt was married to Skyler while he was still in GM.

I'd be very dissapointed if the reason he left GM is not revealed in the last episode. I have a feeling it could be pivotal.

I don't think he had met Skyler when he was in GM?

Came across a link the other day - can't remember where unfortunately! IIRC it was an interview associated with an earlier series with one of the writers. This gave the background to Walt's departure from GM which was entirely non-mysterious and which the writers didn't consider important enough to feature in an episode. It was simply that he didn't fit in with Gretchens family, who were very wealthy. This fits with what we know;
    1. Walt's inferiority complex.
    2. He left her at what seemed to be the first time he met her family.
    3. His description of her when he met her at the cafe as "a rich daddy's girl" or something similar.

I don't think he had met Skyler when he was in GM?

Came across a link the other day - can't remember where unfortunately! IIRC it was an interview associated with an earlier series with one of the writers. This gave the background to Walt's departure from GM which was entirely non-mysterious and which the writers didn't consider important enough to feature in an episode. It was simply that he didn't fit in with Gretchens family, who were very wealthy. This fits with what we know;
    1. Walt's inferiority complex.
    2. He left her at what seemed to be the first time he met her family.
    3. His description of her when he met her at the cafe as "a rich daddy's girl" or something similar.

If I'm not mistaken we see a flashback of Walt and Skyler moving into their house and he's still working for Grey Matter?

Also that was posted here and that's why he left Elliot not Grey Matter. Since he was already married to or at least living with Skyler while still part of the company I'd imagine his reasons for leaving Grey Matter wouldn't be the same as his reasons for breaking up with Gretchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

If I'm not mistaken we see a flashback of Walt and Skyler moving into their house and he's still working for Grey Matter?

Also that was posted here and that's why he left Elliot not Grey Matter. Since he was already married to or at least living with Skyler while still part of the company I'd imagine his reasons for leaving Grey Matter wouldn't be the same as his reasons for breaking up with Gretchen.

At the time of that flashback he was gone from GM and working in Sandia Laboratory. He met Skyler when working in Los Alamos, again after GM. (I checked the BB wiki lest you think I'm that obsessive about the show!). I'd have to rewatch the episodes in question to be sure but I think he left GM immediately after leaving Gretchen. Gretchen then hooked up with Elliott at an unspecified later time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

We know how he gets the gun. That's already been shown.

We also know, from the last episode, that he is NOT in direct contact with the vacuum repair guy. What show have you been watching?
    Pretty sure it's not customary to purchase weaponry in Diner bathrooms, what I meant was how did Walt come into contact with the guy he purchased the gun from. As a poster pointed out a few pages back, it was the same guy he purchased a handgun from a few seasons back. I also couldn't remember if it was specified that Walt had no definitive method to contact the Vacuum guy.

vitani wrote: »
    2 months, I'd say.

Holly was 18 months old when he went into hiding (according to the police officer who sent out her description). She was born about four months after the first episode. So 22 months would have passed between then and when he went into hiding - another two months brings us to his 52nd birthday, and it also fits with the fact that the vacuum guy seemed to have made two trips to Walt's cabin. We saw the second one there.

No, it's around 4 months.

Holly was 18mths when Walt went on the run and arrives back in ABQ in his 52nd birthday. Skyler was about 7mths pregnant at the start of BB.

Vacuum man made at least 3 trips to the cabin. The 1st to deliver Walt, then with the 1st batch of chemo, then with the glasses & 2nd batch of chemo (he said he'd watched a YouTube video to "get it right this time").

Dman001 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's not customary to purchase weaponry in Diner bathrooms, what I meant was how did Walt come into contact with the guy he purchased the gun from. As a poster pointed out a few pages back, it was the same guy he purchased a handgun from a few seasons back. I also couldn't remember if it was specified that Walt had no definitive method to contact the Vacuum guy.

Presumably as he'd done business with him before he still had his number or knew how to get in touch with him.

It was specified that Walt had no definitive method to contact the Vacuum guy.

ken wrote: »
    If the cops caught Walt I fully believe he would own up to everything including leading the cops to Hanks grave. He liked Hank.

Why would anyone need to tell the cops where Hank's body is buried? Do you think they are total imbeciles?

At the time of that flashback he was gone from GM and working in Sandia Laboratory. He met Skyler when working in Los Alamos, again after GM. (I checked the BB wiki lest you think I'm that obsessive about the show!). I'd have to rewatch the episodes in question to be sure but I think he left GM immediately after leaving Gretchen. Gretchen then hooked up with Elliott at an unspecified later time.

I stand corrected then. And I wouldn't have thought you were to know those details.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Interesting story about the meeting between Walt and Carol at the start of this season. I'm glad they changed it.
    In the season premiere this year, Episode 509.Walt comes out of the house from getting the ricin behind the switchplate and he sees the neighbor. Originally Walt wasn’t supposed to say anything. It was scripted that he walks out, she gasps, and then he turns around and sees her and drops the bag and he gets into the car and drives off.

That’s the way the scene played in the editor’s cut and Bryan Cranston’s director’s cut.

Vince got it, he said “Carol is so funny, and she’s got great timing. But let’s change it so that Walt comes out, she doesn’t say anything, she doesn’t even gasp, he just senses her there, he turns around and says “Hello Carol.”

That dialogue was not in the script. Bryan was the actor and the director so he improvised it on the set. Then Carol drops the bag and it goes to the main title.

Vince said, “We don’t need the drive-off at all. That would make people think we need to notice the car or the license plate. All we want her to do is drop the bag and we’re out.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2013/09/27/working-bad-breaking-bad-editor-kelley-dixon-on-winning-an-emmy-cutting-the-fly-and-networking-at-the-editing-console/3/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Well i loved it but i think i remember hearing RJ Mitte say that he and Jesse finally have a scene together this season. But that didn't happen so was i trippin'?

Edit : woops, just realised i posted here by mistake and should of been in the Finale thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

Well i loved it but i think i remember hearing RJ Mitte say that he and Jesse finally have a scene together this season. But that didn't happen so was i trippin'?

Dean Norris also said on Jimmy Kimmel that he was in the entire season which wasn't true. Maybe the Breaking Bad cast were deliberately spreading misinformation so as to keep the viewers guessing. Kind of shítty if they were because anyone can lie to keep the story under wraps. There's more of an art and classiness to being coy, though. Or maybe it was a deleted scene, I don't know.

Edit : woops, just realised i posted here by mistake and should of been in the Finale thread

He said he was bummed he didn't have a scene with him but maybe he still might...which to me meant he didn't get a scene but he didn't want to give a definite no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I have feck all other outlet to vent/release.

I finished Breaking Bad over the weekend, I thought it was great, particularly the last season.

In the penultimate I felt absolutely rattled when Todd killed Andrea, I don't think I've ever seen anything crueler in television in all my life. I have to admit I got a serious bout of the feels and I thought Todd ended up getting off lightly in the end. They should have a spin off where Jack's gang get killed in a different fashion in every episode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement