Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Is Jesse supposed to be drunk/on drugs at that dinner? It never made sense to me

Nope, He just feels really really awkward.

jesse-dinner.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KingFling

bellinter wrote: »
    Still fully behind Heisenberg strutting off into the sunset with Flynn's principal.

Carmen Molina is her name, caught my man having a sneaky wink at he during it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭ooter

Did anyone else think Todd's attire was very Walter white-esque when he met Lydia in the diner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Holsten wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how come all of America knows that Walter is Heisenberg the meth kingpin?!

What is the evidence? Was this clearly explained?! Like if he turns himself in.. what evidence is there to link him to anything at all?!

Very confused.

There were some papers blowing around Hank's drive but most of the Heisenberg files must be in his garage still, and Marie would know enough to point them in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

KingFling wrote: »
    Carmen Molina is her name, caught my man having a sneaky **** at he during it ;)

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Can someone explain to me how come all of America knows that Walter is Heisenberg the meth kingpin?!

What is the evidence? Was this clearly explained?! Like if he turns himself in.. what evidence is there to link him to anything at all?!

Very confused.

He pretty much admitted everything in the phone call at the end of episode 14 (actually exaggerated his crimes!). Maria would no doubt have told them everything by now as well.

I understand this.. but looking at it from a legal stand point.. there is pretty much zero evidence against him, if they were to have him in court for whatever crime, he would be acquitted.

How does this explain his face all over the news and in the news papers etc... Makes no sense to me at all.

They don't need much evidence to start a manhunt; gathering evidence to convict in court comes later; if they find the bodies of the DEA agents and so on.

There was a manhunt for Bin Laden the day of 9/11, don't think they had much time to gather evidence at that stage but enough to start a manhunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Slow burner this one, which isn't to bad as the intensity of last weeks episode left me with a tension headache!
    I do wish the final episode was going to be around 3 hours as I never wanted this show to end! I suppose while the story line is strong they wouldn't want it to go down the Dexter route and outstay it's welcome.
    Just thinking about the Grey Matter scene, and the two of them pissing off Walt! Would it be conceivable for Walt to buy stocks in the company, thus bringing it down when it became public that Heisenberg owned stock in the company?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Nope, He just feels really really awkward.

jesse-dinner.gif

Cheers. Very strange acting of awkward ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Well, if that wasn't bleak and at times intense I don't know what is. That said, I won't deny I felt they came on a little strong with the sympathy-o-meter, though more so for Walt, clearly.

So, the old paperclip handcuff escape routine for Jesse (bucket delivery felt like a nod to Silence of the Lambs) and then the awful punishment. Talk about putting the screws into the character. Skinhead Walt trying to cover all the angles, nice to see the hat again, mind. Scary scene for Skyler and Holly. At this stage she'd be pretty wise to police antics, but not the Nazis. Todd is just flat out cold. I wonder if that just puts a big target on his back, though.

Lies in the meth stats game. No surprises there. Tempting for Lydia. Charlie Rose, I'm down with that. More lies to protect the brand - nice link back to Walt's history. Game on, methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

If the cops caught Walt I fully believe he would own up to everything including leading the cops to Hanks grave. He liked Hank.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lies in the meth stats game. No surprises there. Tempting for Lydia. Charlie Rose, I'm down with that. More lies to protect the brand - nice link back to Walt's history. Game on, methinks.

What lies, Jesse cooked a 92% batch that was ready for shipping when he met Lydia, then a 96% batch that night

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Seifer wrote: »
    Even the writer's couldn't figure out how he actually opens the hatch so it was just; cut to Jesse running away.

I assume he used his feet. It's called a pullover in gymnastics, and little kids do them every day on the playground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Just to clear up 'Gray Matter' perception a little bit - Just re-watched the scene in 'peekaboo' when Gretchen and Walt are in the restaurant discussing why Walt lied to his family and told them Gretchen and Eliot were paying for his treatment. Walt accuses Gretchen (Eliot) of making millions off his research. Gretchen says 'that can't be the way you see it?!' She reminds him that he was the one who left her without explanation - not the other way around. "That's your excuse?" he asks. "I feel so sorry for you, Walt," Gretchen says. "F_ you," he replies. So Gretchen didn't spurn Walt he left her and walked away from the company. Yes it probably erks him that they went on to make a success of the company but it appears that Walt excluded himself for reasons unknown. So I don't think that bit of history equates to the greater hurt of murdering family, stealing millions and taking over your empire and by extension putting you on America's most wanted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Full theme song played at the end of the episode :

Dont think they ever used that in full before?

That sort of "lets extend the theme music before the credits" is usually saved for show finales, so musically they must be doing something really special in next week's last 60 seconds!

Apart from Walt's hair growing a couple of centimetres, nothing really happened in that episode.

Jesse got out of his cage and now he's back in his cage. Andrea is dead and the Nazis are threatening Brock whereas last week they were threatening both Andrea and Brock; not a big difference. Walt went to New Hampshire and now he's presumably coming back from New Hampshire. Flynn was shouting at Walt last week and he's shouting at him this week. All the main characters are back where they were a week ago.

Really nice episode, lots of tension like always.

Like some other people, I don't see Walt killing Gretchen or Elliott. What it would prove? It looked like he might want to outsmart them, show them how important he really is. Killing them with ricin (so they wouldn't even though he had any involvement) wouldn't accomplish that at all. I was open to the other idea that he might want to outsmart them and bring them down some other way (not killing them). But now I'm coming around to the idea that it was a trigger for Walt's return, nothing more.

Can't wait for the finale!

People have mentioned Walt's jaw dropping when the news story said that the meth was in Europe; it does look like he's talking to himself, as if he's working out the implications in his head.

The meth being in Europe tells him that Lydia's still involved, so I reckon the ricin is for Lydia, after he makes her tell him where the Nazis are.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

I've just been reminded of Huell in the room in by someone. I really hope the very last scene cuts to him still sitting in that room not knowing what the **** to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So after absolutely hating last weeks episode, they completely won me back. The finale is now 90% set up for me and I actually cannot wait to see how it goes.

What ? this isn't the Dexter forum

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20 Nice Botty

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Dont think they ever used that in full before?

That sort of "lets extend the theme music before the credits" is usually saved for show finales, so musically they must be doing something really special in next week's last 60 seconds!

Guessing it will be silence

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Really good episode, very much looking forward to the finale! I was a little bit disappointed that the "75 minute running time" seemed to just take into account a shitload of ads, but oh well!

I could see the Andrea death scene coming, but for a split second during it I thought it was going to end differently. When Todd was saying "Oh yeah, we have Jesse, he's right in that truck over there" for some reason I was convinced that they were going to lead her to his dead body. Then once it cut to Jesse that obviously wasn't the case, but just the way Todd said it made me think. Then again he is a creepy emotionless psycho.

Not sure what I make of the whole Grey Matter thing. On one hand I think it'd be a bit convoluted at this point to bring it in, but on the other the whole thing was never really resolved (why Walt left etc), and it doesn't make sense to bring it up and have it go nowhere either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I've just been reminded of Huell in the room in by someone. I really hope the very last scene cuts to him still sitting in that room not knowing what the **** to do!

Huell - "...Well I'm gonna give him another 20 minutes, but that's it!"

Actually, it would have been better if the escape scene went like this:

Jesse is running across the yard, the cctv camera is shown, he jumps on the fence and starts climbing, with Todd and the boys shouting from across the yard.

Then it cuts to Andrea's living room; her doorbell rings; we see a man's shape outside the glass and we assume it's Jesse. She opens the door and ta-dah ! It's Todd. Then they do the jesse-in-the-truck thing and Andrea-getting-shot to even more shocking effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

Was it ever mentioned exactly why Saul was disappearing? I'm sure he's got more than a few reasons to disappear at this point but I never heard it fully articulated. Has he got DEA heat on him? And if so, how? Maybe they connected him through Skylar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I was always #TeamWhite but the events of last episode have firmly changed my allegiances...now I'm definitely in the #TeamMILFPrincipal camp, I hope she wins in the end.

I don't want MILF Principal spin-off show, I need a MILF Principal spin-off show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Anything in the fact that Skylar is working for a taxi company part-time doing dispatch? Possible way for Walt to get to her and lead her to the money in the cabin?
    Long shot I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Not sure what I make of the whole Grey Matter thing. On one hand I think it'd be a bit convoluted at this point to bring it in, but on the other the whole thing was never really resolved (why Walt left etc), and it doesn't make sense to bring it up and have it go nowhere either.

My thinking is that the Grey Matter thing still bugs him, and he assoicates it with being a failure...pre heisenberg. By calling the Dea, he had given himself up...but seeing them annoyed him enough to prove them wrong on some level. My 2 cents anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hazys wrote: »
    I was always #TeamWhite but the events of last episode have firmly changed my allegiances...now I'm definitely in the #TeamMILFPrincipal camp, I hope she wins in the end.

I don't want MILF Principal spin-off show, I need a MILF Principal spin-off show.

Chick the the amazing ass who hands Walt Jnr the phone?

She was something else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

briany wrote: »
    Was it ever mentioned exactly why Saul was disappearing? I'm sure he's got more than a few reasons to disappear at this point but I never heard it fully articulated. Has he got DEA heat on him? And if so, how? Maybe they connected him through Skylar?

Was thinking maybe Huell spilled the beans and told everything, incriminating Saul. I mean two DEA agents are presumed dead and missing and the guy that was watching the door where Huell was would obviously have gone running to his superiors once he heard the news. "Gomie and Hank got this guy locked up here, ya might want to come check him out" scenario.

Advertisement