Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Lydia and Todd go dogging.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Honestly though, why would the Nazis want to get Walt, after like a year?

They have no idea he is coming for them (presuming they are on the hit list)

My logic behind it is.....

I remember reading somewhere Aaron Paul saying he would have a scene with Walt Jr before the end.

If true, than this must be in the next episode.

For it to happen, then either we need to see Jesse escape from the Nazis or Walt Jr kidnapped by the Nazis.

Why would they kidnap Walt Jr? because they want walt to cook for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Tombo2001 wrote: »

I remember reading somewhere Aaron Paul saying he would have a scene with Walt Jr before the end.

For it to happen, then either we need to see Jesse escape from the Nazis or Walt Jr kidnapped by the Nazis.

Do you have any idea where you read this? I have a very vague memory of Aaron Paul saying the exact opposite, that they never got a scene together. In a interview with GQ RJ Mitte said that he was 'bummed' that he didn't get a scene with Jesse but that they might get a scene together. However this was after filming had ended and the first four episodes of this half of the season had aired so it seemed more like him not wanting to necessarily confirm they didn't have a scene together but as good as saying they never do.

I would love a scene with them both but I can't see it happening unfortunately...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I am unsure what purpose Walt Jr and Jesse meeting would serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Walt rescues Jesse, but his family are next on his ''things to resolve before the end of the series'' list so he has Jesse in tow when he arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Posy wrote: »

We know that if it did happen, breakfast would be served :pac:

I cant wait to see how this unfolds, or wraps up next week.

I would never have guessed that most of this episode would be centred on isolation.

On a side note, I think I watched an interview with Gilligan where he said something about a Saul spin-off. I would like to think that it starts from the moment he left the basement of the vacuum cleaner repair shop.

Me too! Likely to be a prequel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Tombo2001 wrote: »

they dont need walt to cook,nazis were going to kill jessie after seeing tape,but because tod has a boner for lydia :D they said fck it,sorta like keep him as a pet,as money isnt an issue for them anymore.

Only other way would be if walt started bringing down meth empire from the top,like lets say poisoning Lydia,then tod gets angry ,goes to take walt jr/skyler as revenge ,thus more victims and brutal ending.

scamalert wrote: »
    if walt started bringing down meth empire from the top,like lets say poisoning Lydia,then tod gets angry ,goes to take walt jr/skyler as revenge ,thus more victims and brutal ending.

OOOOH. Lot to fit into one episode though. However, if they can fit so much into Ozymandias...

I just like the idea of seeing the two meet, interact, the two 'sons' so to spea want it to seem like it should happen, not like it happened for the sake of it. I can buy Walt having Jesse in tow if he somehow has to save the family except I can't see him purposely freeing Jesse (as I said before I think it will be a by product of confronting the Nazis) let alone taking him with him afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Maybe Walt dies saving jesse, then jesse is compelled to deliver walts money to Walt Jr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

I think they're keeping him alive because Todd doesn't actually know how to cook the high-percentage blue meth. He's just getting Jesse to do it, but not actually trying to learn how to make it himself.

Yeah don't know how smart Todd is. How long was Walt working with Gale? Gale had a PHD or something and still took time to learn it, Walt was cooking with Todd for a good while and Todd still hasn't picked it up. Jesse must be smart

Maybe Walt dies saving jesse, then jesse is compelled to deliver walts money to Walt Jr.

It's a bit over sentimental and I'd find it hard to believe if Walt Jr. took the money but I won't like, I do like this idea.
    Shout Dust wrote: »
    Yeah don't know how smart Todd is. How long was Walt working with Gale? Gale had a PHD or something and still took time to learn it, Walt was cooking with Todd for a good while and Todd still hasn't picked it up. Jesse must be smart

Walt always tried to get Jesse to apply himself and Jesse's mother made some comment saying she liked that Walt didn't give up on him. He obviously saw something others didn't. I've gotten to the point of hating Walt now and wanting it to end with Jesse killing him but it still makes me sad their relationship broke down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

It's a bit over sentimental and I'd find it hard to believe if Walt Jr. took the money but I won't like, I do like this idea.

Walt always tried to get Jesse to apply himself and Jesse's mother made some comment saying she liked that Walt didn't give up on him. He obviously saw something others didn't. I've gotten to the point of hating Walt now and wanting it to end with Jesse killing him but it still makes me sad their relationship broke down.

Isn't this kinda the whole point of BB. That Walt poisons everything he touches. It's why he has cancer, because he is a cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Reading a few posts back but where and when does Gretchen's father offer Walt a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

now that the shwartzs and madrigal are back in the picture can we return to the theory that this whole film is about german supremacy....

Sorry, I just can't let it go ...

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Isn't this kinda the whole point of BB. That Walt poisons everything he touches. It's why he has cancer, because he is a cancer.

Oh I know it is and the collapse was inevitable but it was a relationship I liked and it makes me sad how it's not there. I mean if they were still friends it would make no sense be bad writing but I'm a sentimental fool sometimes...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I am the same as you- I miss Walt and Jesse v The World (Hank)
    I'm very sad that their relationship has gone so horribly wrong. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Same
    I just watched a tribute video of the evolution of Heisenberg and half way through it showed him and Jeese high fiving and celebrating over getting 600K each..those were the days:o

I like this idea. With a bit of an epilogue of Jesse defending Walt when Walt Jr tries to deny it. Would actually be a great note to go out on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Maybe Walt dies saving jesse, then jesse is compelled to deliver walts money Breakfast to Walt Jr.

Fixed that

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My theory:

Todd is going to ice his uncle and the rest of the crew because of something they do or say about Lydia. You could kind of see he had a reaction when they were making jokes about he vagina.
    Then he will free Jessie, or want to go into business with him. Jessie will take him out for what he done to Brocks mom.

Walt appears after this as he was plotting to ice everybody.

Jessie walks away, Walt grabs his cash. Lydia grabs the blue that's been cooked.

Walt bring cash to wife and kids, Hanks purple loving wife ice's Walt.

Executive Producer
    Vince Gilligan

The End.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My theory:

You could kind of see he had a reaction when they were making jokes about he vagina.

he vagina does seem like an apt name for her alright.

Armelodie wrote: »
    now that the shwartzs and madrigal are back in the picture can we return to the theory that this whole film is about german supremacy....

Sorry, I just can't let it go ...

ve are cooking ze blue yah

Hopefully it will end in the bitch slapping that Jesse deserves for being the "crybaby rat bitch" that we all know he is.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My theory:

Todd is going to ice his uncle and the rest of the crew because of something they do or say about Lydia. You could kind of see he had a reaction erection when they were making jokes about he vagina.
    Then he will free Jessie, or want to go into business with him. Jessie will take him out for what he done to Brocks mom.

Walt appears after this as he was plotting to ice everybody.

Jessie walks away, Walt grabs his cash. Lydia grabs the blue that's been cooked.

Walt bring cash to wife and kids, Hanks purple loving wife ice's Walt.

Executive Producer
    Vince Gilligan

The End.

fixed.

purple loving. I'd re-phrase that if I were you

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hopefully it will end in the bitch slapping that Jesse deserves for being the "crybaby rat bitch" that we all know he is.

Constantly betrayed and manipulated by who he thought was his friend and mentor, who went to the extent of poisoning a child Jesse cared about in order to manipulate him.

"Crybaby rat bitch" is not the term I'd use for Jesse. Think about all Jesse has been through because of Walt. Beaten up by Tuco. Almost killed by Tuco. One of his best friends is killed because Walt pushed to take over rival drug dealers territory. Girlfriend died because of Walt (if he hadn't shown up she wouldn't have rolled over) and Walt let Jesse believe it was his own fault. Badly beaten up by Hank. Had to kill Gale to save Walt's life. Finally getting a sense of self-worth and pride by helping Mike and Gus until Walt poisons Brock to manipulate him to turning against Gus. Walt kills Mike who was becoming a better friend and mentor to Jesse. Walt takes all Jesse's money in an effort to manipulate him into continuing to cook with him.

Even after all that, Jesse still wasn't going to talk to the cops. It was only when he found out about the poisoning that made him do it.

Walt has thoroughly and completely ruined Jesse's life. But Jesse isn't a gangster. He isn't some mob guy. He was just a small-time wannabe who made a little bit of meth and tried to act a lot tougher than he was. He has no reason to keep quiet to the cops and not "rat". Not after everything Walt's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

In the final episode Walt will show Jesse what Ricin really does to little Brock! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Penn wrote: »
    Constantly betrayed and manipulated by who he thought was his friend and mentor, who went to the extent of poisoning a child Jesse cared about in order to manipulate him.

"Crybaby rat bitch" is not the term I'd use for Jesse. Think about all Jesse has been through because of Walt. Beaten up by Tuco. Almost killed by Tuco. One of his best friends is killed because Walt pushed to take over rival drug dealers territory. Girlfriend died because of Walt (if he hadn't shown up she wouldn't have rolled over) and Walt let Jesse believe it was his own fault. Badly beaten up by Hank. Had to kill Gale to save Walt's life. Finally getting a sense of self-worth and pride by helping Mike and Gus until Walt poisons Brock to manipulate him to turning against Gus. Walt kills Mike who was becoming a better friend and mentor to Jesse. Walt takes all Jesse's money in an effort to manipulate him into continuing to cook with him.

Even after all that, Jesse still wasn't going to talk to the cops. It was only when he found out about the poisoning that made him do it.

Walt has thoroughly and completely ruined Jesse's life. But Jesse isn't a gangster. He isn't some mob guy. He was just a small-time wannabe who made a little bit of meth and tried to act a lot tougher than he was. He has no reason to keep quiet to the cops and not "rat". Not after everything Walt's done.

You're making Walt out to be some sort of bad guy! #goteamwalt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well said Penn RE: Jesse

I have loads of sympathy for him, really hope he survives this, although I'd say he would rather be dead now after the Andrea incident.

Advertisement