Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Did anyone have this weeks episode ruin by Netflix? Netflix put a picture beside the episode title in their episode menu. This week they showed Skyler being held by a guy in a ski mask. I feared the worst, but thankfully it wasn't a huge spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Did anyone have this weeks episode ruin by Netflix menu? Netflix put a picture because the episode title in their episode menu. This week they showed Skyler being held by a guy in a ski mask. I feared the worst, but thankfully it wasn't a huge spoiler.

I couldn't view it on Chrome. Had to sign in via IE. Worked perfectly on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Did anyone have this weeks episode ruin by Netflix? Netflix put a picture beside the episode title in their episode menu. This week they showed Skyler being held by a guy in a ski mask. I feared the worst, but thankfully it wasn't a huge spoiler.

Yeah, I chose to watch it on Netflix this week and was well-pissed off. Netflix are f*cking notorious for doing that. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

Someone mentioned the "unseen Lewis" earlier. We saw him in the series before, when he called over to collect Walt Jr. Walt asked him if he wanted waffles or something like that. A minor detail. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Someone mentioned the "unseen Lewis" earlier. We saw him in the series before, when he called over to collect Walt Jr. Walt asked him if he wanted waffles or something like that. A minor detail. Carry on.
    2x04_-_Louis.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

And maybe Lewis was part of the Walt Jr crew when they tried to get someone to buy them beer, with two of them running away and leaving Junior to get taken downtown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I didn't notice that, but I did accidentally hover over the bar in episode 13 and saw an image of Todd with a gun in the desert. I spent the last part of the episode shouting at the screen for Hank to leave because I knew the Nazis would turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

May have been mentioned already, but why was Saul on the run as well? I don't remember anything happening in the previous episode that put him in the line of fire. Was it explained somewhere? Or was I just so numbed by Hank being offed that I missed that part.

Trying to work out how they're going to tie everything up. Anticipating a bloodbath in the next episode. When do Netflix release them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Japandamo wrote: »
    May have been mentioned already, but why was Saul on the run as well?

When do Netflix release them?

Because Walt was his client.

Netflix releases the episode roughly 12 hours after airing in the US.

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    Because Walt was his client.

Netflix releases the episode roughly 12 hours after airing in the US.

But Walt was going to disappear, and surely as a lawyer you don't get put away for having a dodgy client (insert your own joke about lawyers here)...unless it's the Nazis he was worried about, but why would they go after him? It doesn't make sense to me, but I'm open to the possibility that there's something glaringly obvious that I'm not thinking about...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

Japandamo wrote: »
    May have been mentioned already, but why was Saul on the run as well?

Saul's bodyguard was being kept in a safe house by one of Hank's DEA guys. He would of been still there when Hank and Gomez were killed and is bound to have dropped Saul right in it since then.

Saul's bodyguard was being kept in a safe house by one of Hank's DEA guys. He would of been still there when Hank and Gomez were killed and is bound to have dropped Saul right in it since then.

Aaaah, yes, I forgot about that. I guess I was just confused because he hadn't shown any sign of running in the previous episode.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

The last few eps have really p***ed me off. It's no longer entertaining, it's just tragic at this stage. Andrea getting killed was the final straw. Jesse (one of the few characters with some kind of moral core) having to suffer so much is also hard to watch. The way Todd and his scumbag friends are being glorified is sickening. I'll watch the last ep but I'll look a lot more fondly on the seasons 1-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Plus Saul has been extremely paranoid and in fear for his life for the last 2 seasons nearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Plus Saul has been extremely paranoid and in fear for his life for the last 2 seasons nearly.

Yeah, I think the rampaging killer Nazis might have been a fairly big motivating factor as well.

lukin wrote: »
    The last few eps have really p***ed me off. It's no longer entertaining, it's just tragic at this stage. Andrea getting killed was the final straw. Jesse (one of the few characters with some kind of moral core) having to suffer so much is also hard to watch. The way Todd and his scumbag friends are being glorified is sickening. I'll watch the last ep but I'll look a lot more fondly on the seasons 1-4.

I suppose the message is that when you start dealing drugs things are going to end up getting pretty serious and you're going to be dealing with some pretty unsavoury types. I didn't think Todd and co were being glorified really, I'll be quite happy to see them wiped out. I agree, though, it's tough watching Jesse suffer when he's the only one who hasn't really budged from his moral position from the beginning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

How are they being glorified?

The second part of season 5 has differed from earlier seasons in terms of dramatic effect but would be way out of kilter to have a happy disneyland ending to it. I doubt there will be a happy ending for anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The way Todd and his scumbag friends are being glorified is sickening.

They're being shown as scumbags. Just because they haven't got their comeuppance yet doesn't mean the show is glorifying them.

How are they being glorified?
    Well let's see; so far they are the only criminals from the collection of Saul, Walter, Jesse etc. to evade capture or puishment for their crimes (while continuing to kill, torture etc.).They also have a tidy 70 million quid for themselves. They seem to be doing pretty well for themselves wouldn't you agree?
    The second part of season 5 has differed from earlier seasons in terms of dramatic effect but would be way out of kilter to have a happy disneyland ending to it. I doubt there will be a happy ending for anyone

I don't expect a happy disneyland ending but I do expect some kind of balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Well let's see; so far they are the only criminals from the collection of Saul, Walter, Jesse etc. to evade capture or puishment for their crimes (while continuing to kill, torture etc.).They also have a tidy 70 milliion quid for themselves. Thye seem to be doing pretty well for themselves wouldn't you agree?

I don't expect a happy disneyland ending but I do expect some kind of balance.

I think u need to wait for the finale

they are about to get their comeuppance. its tv's worst kept secret

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    I think u need to wait for the finale

they are about to get their comeuppance. its tv's worst kept secret

I will have a bet with you that they won't.

But wasn't Gus Fring also being glorified until the end of the last season in that case...

I'd take that bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Think last week they had jack standing over hank with the gun, was well p. off with that after the cliff hanger the week before.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't day I've ever understood the mindset of people who consider that a show glorifies anybody or anything or that a show I itself is inherently racist or misogynist just because some of its characters are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well let's see; so far they are the only criminals from the collection of Saul, Walter, Jesse etc. to evade capture or puishment for their crimes (while continuing to kill, torture etc.).They also have a tidy 70 million quid for themselves. They seem to be doing pretty well for themselves wouldn't you agree?

Yes, but it's important to remember they've been in far far fewer episodes than Walt/Jesse/Saul. And they only got their 70million 2 episodes ago pretty much completely by luck. I mean, if that's your reasoning, then Gus was glorified for over two seasons. He dominated the meth business in the entire Southwest of the US, and severely damaged the Mexican Cartel while doing so, and bar Hank having suspicions about him (which no other cops did, and some were even friends with him) he would have completely gotten away with it...

...if not for the final episode of Season 4 where Walt won and killed him. Uncle Jack et al stole Walt's money and killed Hank. Walt is going after them, and being the final episode will almost definitely win. The only real question is how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I can't day I've ever understood the mindset of people who consider that a show glorifies anybody or anything or that a show I itself is inherently racist or misogynist just because some of its characters are.

I agree, such an absurd criticism :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

I've seen the same criticisms in literature as well. It boggles the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

ill take that bet

you think American tv is going to allow nazi meth dealers ride off into the sunset? lol, no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'll be very surprised if the Nazis get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

They will. And even if they didn't so what? Yes they deserve it but when in real life does everyone get what they deserve?

I don't see how they are being glorified? It's a fictional tv show, it would be be pretty boring if everyone was arrested or killed as soon as they did something you don't agree with. Sure Gus 'got away with it' for ages, as did Walt. The nazis haven't been in it for that long so obviously their story takes a while to develop.

Jesse is a murderer too don't forget so why should he get a happy ending? That's the beauty of breaking bad IMO, you can hate a character for some deeds but also sympathise with them. After everything walt has done I am still rooting for him to at least get his money back from the nazis before he dies. After the first half of season 5 I was hoping for Jesse to ride off into the sunset with his money but I think that ship has sailed now.

Advertisement