Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

"You're JUST a mum? Yes, I am a Mum! That makes me an alarm clock, cook, maid, waitress, teacher, nurse, handyman, security officer, photographer, counselor, chauffeur, event planner, personal assistant, ATM & I scare away the boogie man. I don't get holidays, sick pay or days off. I work through the DAY & NIGHT. I am on call 24/7 for the rest of my life. And that's just with my first job... BEING A MUM!! I may not be anything to you but I am everything to someone! Re-Post if your a PROUD MUM! :)"

Oh shut up. I didn't criticize your no doubt valiant efforts as a mother, so don't piss me off with stupid statuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

"You're JUST a mum? Yes, I am a Mum! That makes me an alarm clock, cook, maid, waitress, teacher, nurse, handyman, security officer, photographer, counselor, chauffeur, event planner, personal assistant, ATM & I scare away the boogie man. I don't get holidays, sick pay or days off. I work through the DAY & NIGHT. I am on call 24/7 for the rest of my life. And that's just with my first job... BEING A MUM!! I may not be anything to you but I am everything to someone! Re-Post if your a PROUD MUM! :)"

Oh shut up. I didn't criticize your no doubt valiant efforts as a mother, so don't piss me off with stupid statuses.

I saw something similar -

"Mother
    [muth-er noun]
    1. One person who does the work of twenty. For free.

(See also: 'masochist', 'loony', 'saint')
    "

Not my emphasis, that was the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Hello Friends ♥ IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL !!!!!!!!!!!! Watch out for your wall! Tell a friend! Hackers are now on Facebook and on the walls of your friends, they write insults under your name and you do not know about it!!.You will not see it, but your friends see that your name is written below the written insults. If you get something from me that is offensive, know that it was not me! Copy to your wall ~ re-posted off a friends wall xxxx

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hello Friends ♥ IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL !!!!!!!!!!!! Watch out for your wall! Tell a friend! Hackers are now on Facebook and on the walls of your friends, they write insults under your name and you do not know about it!!.You will not see it, but your friends see that your name is written below the written insults. If you get something from me that is offensive, know that it was not me! Copy to your wall ~ re-posted off a friends wall xxxx

What a perfect cover...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

That just sounds like someone who really wants to post insults on their friends' walls and pretend it wasn't them!

"You're a b*tch and really ugly and I hate your laugh and, jaysus, would you ever buy some deodorant?!"
    "Sorry, hun, that wasn't me, bloody hackers!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

"Tired but can't sleep...mind feels racey tonight!"

by a girl. Classy. The male equivalent would be "Tired but can't sleep...I have such a boner!"

The "sweet dreams" type responses (by multiple guys of course) are marginally more retarded again, in fairness.

I'll balance that with a good one: "If the TSA thinks your bottle of water might be explosives, then why do they just throw them all carelessly into a big bin together as the passengers file past? Is it some kind of explosive-neutralizing magic bin liner?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

by a girl. Classy. The male equivalent would be "Tired but can't sleep...I have such a boner!"

More than likely it's a post by a girl who tried to say 'my mind is racing' but is too stupid to know the difference.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    More than likely it's a post by a girl who tried to say 'my mind is racing' but is too stupid to know the difference.
    Accident on purpose is my reading. Dual interpretations is intentional. Know her well enough to know she carries on like that a lot really!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The "sweet dreams" type responses (by multiple guys of course) are marginally more retarded again, in fairness.

I wonder if the 'be a creep to a girl you've never met in public' strategy has ever worked for one bloke, ever.

A long time bugbear of mine is 'Like' pages trying to get some popularity by posting stuff to my wall. Stuff like 'How excited two bus drivers get when they pass each other on the road' posting "Hey guys! If you like this page you're gonna LOVE 'LOL @ Turbans!'l

Ugh. You're not famous now, you're not someone's who's observations we want shoved down our throats constantly. You're some guy who made a reasonably funny remark one time. Everyone who laughed isn't all of a sudden your 'fan'. Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

A great one popped up today

R.I.P (Your Name)........................If You Would Attend The Funeral Like This Status, If You Would Cry Or Miss Me Comment A Heart, If You Read This And Thought I Actually Died Put. Frownie Face Repost This And See How Many People Would Care

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

CMpunked wrote: »
    It's a warning against phishing for people who dont really know what phishing is - by someone who doesnt really know what it is.

The advice is kinda good tbh. It is a bit retarded alright - but as soon as you start trying to explain what is actually happening, technophobia will kick in for a lot of people, and they'll close their ears kinda. Actually better off just saying "do not press! Press - bad!" really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It's a warning against phishing for people who dont really know what phishing is - by someone who doesnt really know what it is.

The advice is kinda good tbh. It is a bit retarded alright - but as soon as you start trying to explain what is actually happening, technophobia will kick in for a lot of people, and they'll close their ears kinda. Actually better off just saying "do not press! Press - bad!" really.

Woops, posted the wrong one. :o
    The one i did have (and will now find again) was one that was similar to "Remember, Facebook has hackers, if you cant see this post, you have more than likely been hacked. Change your password"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a bloke i know just posted this:

'just finished cleaning the kitchen'

tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

He seems to know absolutely nothing about Thatcher beyond the usual (understandable) blind hatred towards her. He thinks "The Iron Lady" and "Downfall" are 'the exact same film' because they're about 'bad' people.

One of them was responsible for the mass murder of Jews, romani, homosexuals, disabled, Ethnic Poles, Soviet POWs, etcetera. I'm not sure breaking the power of the trade unions, waging the Falklands war and privatising industry etc is a valid comparison somehow.

Some other guy chimed in about the highlight of the film "is that she dies at the end...ONE HUNDRED TIMES:)". Despite the fact that she isn't dead. And his blind idiocy shows he has the intelligence of a teaspoon.

And then the original guy suggests "we must devote all of our time to creating a film that consists of margaret tatcher [sic] getting killed over and over again". To me, that sounds like a really crude propaganda piece that could be used by a repressive government. Sounds ironically Hitlerian.

Never mind the fact that we may be feeling the ultimate effects of Thatcher's de-regulation of the UK financial services sector. Not in any way relevant, no?
    Why are you even friends with these people?

No offence but talking about them in this way, you sound like a horrible, horrible friend:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭anndub

"HIT LIKE!!!! IF YOU ACCEPT ME FOR WHO I AM..... THEN PUT THIS AS YOUR STATUS TO SEE WHO YOUR TRUE FRIENDS ARE................."

469 friends and only 7 likes. Harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I just joined Facebook and this was one of my statuses.

What's on your mind? A hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Sindri wrote: »
    I just joined Facebook and this was one of my statuses.

What's on your mind? A hat.

hilarious! can I add you? :P

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    hilarious! can I add you? :P

Yeah defo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Someone on my friends list is constantly checking in 'At bed xxxxxxxxxxxxx' and tags her boyfriend too :eek:

newbee22 wrote: »
    Someone on my friends list is constantly checking in 'At bed xxxxxxxxxxxxx' and tags her boyfriend too :eek:

If that doesn't merit a Pics or GTFO response I dunno what does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

later10 wrote: »
    If that doesn't merit a Pics or GTFO response I dunno what does.

A kitten fighting an otter?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

newbee22 wrote: »

obviously not much happening in the bed if she's on Facebook ;)

A kitten fighting an otter?
    Why would anyone fight a kitty?

That doesn't call for pics. That calls for otters to take a good hard look at their rude boi behaviour, maybe some anger management.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

seen this recently (not on my Facebook).

you'd think they'd of invented an easier way...

http://i.imgur.com/kLf1p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Why would anyone fight a kitty?

That doesn't call for pics. That calls for otters to take a good hard look at their rude boi behaviour, maybe some anger management.

The kitten was the instigator due to deep-seated self esteem issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Why are you even friends with these people?

No offence but talking about them in this way, you sound like a horrible, horrible friend:confused:

Facebook friend, yes. Barely acquaintances IRL. Hid the guy from my news feed after that anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

This child will get an operation for free if they get 100,000 shares.....no it won't...fcuk off and die

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    This child will get an operation for free if they get 100,000 shares.....no it won't...fcuk off and die

Marry me?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement