Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,022 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Conversation attached. So much fail.
    So... whose posts in that conversation are the dumb ones, in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Ficheall wrote: »
    So... whose posts in that conversation are the dumb ones, in your opinion?

He seems to know absolutely nothing about Thatcher beyond the usual (understandable) blind hatred towards her. He thinks "The Iron Lady" and "Downfall" are 'the exact same film' because they're about 'bad' people.

One of them was responsible for the mass murder of Jews, romani, homosexuals, disabled, Ethnic Poles, Soviet POWs, etcetera. I'm not sure breaking the power of the trade unions, waging the Falklands war and privatising industry etc is a valid comparison somehow.

Some other guy chimed in about the highlight of the film "is that she dies at the end...ONE HUNDRED TIMES:)". Despite the fact that she isn't dead. And his blind idiocy shows he has the intelligence of a teaspoon.

And then the original guy suggests "we must devote all of our time to creating a film that consists of margaret tatcher [sic] getting killed over and over again". To me, that sounds like a really crude propaganda piece that could be used by a repressive government. Sounds ironically Hitlerian.

Never mind the fact that we may be feeling the ultimate effects of Thatcher's de-regulation of the UK financial services sector. Not in any way relevant, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

This thread hurts my soul :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

He seems to know absolutely nothing about Thatcher beyond the usual (understandable) blind hatred towards her. He thinks "The Iron Lady" and "Downfall" are 'the exact same film' because they're about 'bad' people.

One of them was responsible for the mass murder of Jews, romani, homosexuals, disabled, Ethnic Poles, Soviet POWs, etcetera. I'm not sure breaking the power of the trade unions, waging the Falklands war and privatising industry etc is a valid comparison somehow.

Some other guy chimed in about the highlight of the film "is that she dies at the end...ONE HUNDRED TIMES:)". Despite the fact that she isn't dead. And his blind idiocy shows he has the intelligence of a teaspoon.

And then the original guy suggests "we must devote all of our time to creating a film that consists of margaret tatcher [sic] getting killed over and over again". To me, that sounds like a really crude propaganda piece that could be used by a repressive government. Sounds ironically Hitlerian.

Never mind the fact that we may be feeling the ultimate effects of Thatcher's de-regulation of the UK financial services sector. Not in any way relevant, no?

I think you were taking those comments just a little bit too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

face1990 wrote: »
    One more, from the same person again, this time having the most vomit and cringe-inducing love-up with their significant other:
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2r3h5kj.jpg

I don't see the point in unfriending people like that! It's free entertainment.

I'm afraid there's only one thing for that, the man has clearly gone insane and must be put down like the sick puppy he is... if he is a friend of yours you should shoot him... then if neccesaey shoot her for good measure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

This person is in their mid twenties...

"if any1 of me frends on facebuk had dere birtday over d past few weeks nd i didnt say hapy b-day 2 dem, wel im sorry coz i just woznt on facebuk at all over d xmas holidays. hope yez all had gud days anyway!"

The nation breathes a sigh of relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

It must be great craic/fun/frustration (strike out which is not applicable) playing scrabble with these clowns?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Gophur wrote: »
    It must be great craic/fun/frustration (strike out which is not applicable) playing scrabble with these clowns?

I keep hoping for "kwyjibo" to turn up in one of these statuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Why Are Sum Pplz Profiles Weird Lukn?

Translation - Why are some people's profiles' weird looking?

Ye tried but failed ha yur lies will geh ye no wer love so ye mite as well giv up while yur behind :D

You tried but failed ha your lies will get you nowhere love so you might as well give up while your behind.

Is it just cooler to spell like that?

I really could have wrote this whole thread. Just me and the people I can't bring myself to de -friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Why Are Sum Pplz Profiles Weird Lukn?

Translation - Why are some people's profiles' weird looking?

Ye tried but failed ha yur lies will geh ye no wer love so ye mite as well giv up while yur behind :D

You tried but failed ha your lies will get you nowhere love so you might as well give up while your behind.

Is it just cooler to spell like that?

I really could have wrote this whole thread. Just me and the people I can't bring myself to de -friend.

I actually think it must be more difficult to spell like that sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

I actually think it must be more difficult to spell like that sometimes.
    Exactly what i was thinking. I couldn't type like that if i tried....

I wonder do they have their own rules for grammar...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Ugh... How did I go to school with these people?
    K: Definitely not emotionally stable enough for twilight... why are real men such fails in comparison :(

R: I know I watched them all over crimbo!!!! Human men such a let down like !!! :)
    K: I keep having to pause it cause im over-whelmed haha ... i need an Edward i feel i deserve one... Im on the third but i dunno if i'll make it through!!.... i need to come to galway i really really do x
    R: Oh kate well god love u for the 4th one ! I no I wud love a eddie 2 but galway has - 1000 eddies in galway anyway I can tell ya that !! X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I have curly hair today :)
    Like · · Share · Yesterday at 13:42 via BlackBerry

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

This person is in their mid twenties...

"if any1 of me frends on facebuk had dere birtday over d past few weeks nd i didnt say hapy b-day 2 dem, wel im sorry coz i just woznt on facebuk at all over d xmas holidays. hope yez all had gud days anyway!"

The nation breathes a sigh of relief.

Ok, have another update from this person today, they used the "What does your name say about you" app on facebook, with the following result:

"You are a great writer with great ideas, and you embrace new challenges. Being overly sensitive is your biggest weakness".

Freaky ****, so spot on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I have a relation who recently needed medical and facebook attention....

Poster "N hospial again, dis s boll0x"

Friend 1 "Ru alrit budz"

Friend 2 "Ya alrit man"

Friend 3 "Hey ******, wats wrong wit u??"

Poster "Yea il be grand boiz cheerz"

Girlfriend "OMG BABE???? WHATS WRNG!!!!!!!!

Poster "It K, il rng u l8r!

Girlfriend "So brav babi, luvs you xoxoxoxoxoxox"

Poster "I no,luv too xXXxXXx"

He had an ingrown fúcking toenail!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Friend 1 "Ru alrit budz"

Friend 2 "Ya alrit man"

Poor baby! U b brav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Another from that couple I posted earlier:
    You know when you're out with a couple who are getting a bit too intimate and making everyone else a bit uncomfortable? In this case 'everyone else' is the entirety of their friends and family.
    http://i39.tinypic.com/1445lon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Jesus this hurt to read....friends I have younger sister so came up in the side feed!
    Hannah :) ahh your ****in unreal :) your soo sound and funny and good looking :) we do be textin til like 4 in de mornin nowadays :) ahh yur really cool aswel and your a really good friend :) I didn't really talk to ya in lurgan but started after it :) me and the boys went round wi ya at the ploughing wit yu and yur mates for a bit at de end ;) killenarx sounds like Paris to the kip I live in haha :) your just completely Awsome :) hah UDW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Also I hate people checking in that they are IN BED or AT HOME or TESCOS :confused:

Worse is when they check in to "Bed" or "Going asleep now" and then add their boyfriend's name after! "XXXXX is IN BED with XXXXXX : )"

Do your 300+ friends and family really need to know that?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

face1990 wrote: »
    Another from that couple I posted earlier:
    You know when you're out with a couple who are getting a bit too intimate and making everyone else a bit uncomfortable? In this case 'everyone else' is the entirety of their friends and family.
    http://i39.tinypic.com/1445lon.jpg

Oh dear god!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

One of my fb friends just posted 17 statuses in the last 24 hours. All pointless. I'm thinking that a defriending is in order...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Friendships are special... So lets start a friendship ring... If you are my friend click the like button and then re-post... If I don't see your name, I'll understand xxx

Yes, because anyone who doesn't repost that crap isn't your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Oh my word....

Kimberley L: Is it true that a pregnant fish is called a twat
    Michael W: A pregnant gullible fish is called a gullible twat.
    Kimberley L: Learnt something new there then thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Also I hate people checking in that they are IN BED or AT HOME or TESCOS :confused:

Worse is when they check in to "Bed" or "Going asleep now" and then add their boyfriend's name after! "XXXXX is IN BED with XXXXXX : )"

Do your 300+ friends and family really need to know that?!!

Completely agree. Though, to be fair, when you see the kind of people who do this it is newsworthy that they've found someone who will breed with them.

Worse was a lad I know who gives occasional play-by-plays of nights out while he's on the pull...including checking into the taxi with 'a hot blonde' or whatever. Then talking about how sore/tired he is later. But then it's funny the nights he checks in somewhere and his lack of commentary implies that he doesn't pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Hate the check-ins at home or in bed. Who do you think cares??

Also, the lovey dovey statuses-implies to me something is a bit ropey in the relationship if you have to do a play by play on facebook. 'xxxxx<3baby'. Bleuuuugh.

A colleague had a full on domestic on hers the other day, was amazing to read-literally went into having daddy issues and everything. Then an hour later the boyfriend deleted all his side so it just looked like she was having an arguement with herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Im Sorry Im Not Perfect Im Sorry My Hair Does'nt Stay Daa Sme All Da Im Sorry Im Not A Barbie Doll Im Sorry I Dont Have Loneg Blonde Hair I Think You Should Buy A Barbie Daat Haas All Daaa ♥

no facebook gettin very boring these days gettin sick of it at this stage
    no facebook gettin very boring these days gettin sick of it at this stage

she does try bless her....

what annoys me more are the morons who put pics up and comment how crap they look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Friend 1 "Ru alrit budz"

Friend 2 "Ya alrit man"

Ah for ****s sake. He should try what I had to go in, what a pleb

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A friend of mine posted recently

"Poor granny a year dead already hard to believe!! Not be long till mass now!!"

Words fail me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

"Irelands last attempt to keep people from emigrating to Australia : showing Australia's deadliest animals on rte!"

That was the best Facebook joke I've seen. :D. Over 50 likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Friendships are special... So lets start a friendship ring... If you are my friend click the like button and then re-post... If I don't see your name, I'll understand xxx
    Aoifey! wrote: »
    Yes, because anyone who doesn't repost that crap isn't your friend.

A friendship ring? Sounds like a circle jerk to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement