Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

laterssssssss face****ersss ha me going liverpool in an hour enjoy ur weekend people :D cause i will haha :P

I'd rather be able to string a coherent sentence together than be going to a hole like Liverpool for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Facebook just seems to be the big bad brother to Bebo, same stuff just worse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Facebook just seems to be the big bad brother to Bebo, same stuff just worse

It's not facebook it's the people, i don't understand why people blame facebook for it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

batistuta9 wrote: »
    It's not facebook it's the people, i don't understand why people blame facebook for it

I think he just means facebook as an overview term. Like saying "Ireland is in debt". The land mass isn't, the people are.

Either way, yes, Facebook kinda sucks. Whoever invented like pages should have given the ability to remove them indefidently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Why the fúck do people try to talk to the dead on Facebook??!!
    Ok I know it's sad someone you know died, but every day there's a new post saying "Missing you today" or "Hope you're ok up there" or something stupid.
    It's so fukn irritating. I'm pretty sure the dead aren't spending all day on Facebook so you're just clogging up the news feed with shíte talk to someone who's not gonna answer you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dean09 wrote: »
    Ok I know it's sad someone you know died, but every day there's a new post saying "Missing you today" or "Hope you're ok up there" or something stupid.
    It's so fukn irritating. I'm pretty sure the dead aren't spending all day on Facebook so you're just clogging up the news feed with shíte talk to someone who's not gonna answer you.

Yep. Or the ones who talk to their children:

Xxxx is with their dad tonight. I love you so much xxxxx, you are the best son in the world

Or

Happy birthday to my little angel xxxxx, wait until you see your surprise when you get home from school

Your kids aren't on facebook, go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I delete people that put up notices of culls. It's the height of dickery.

Excellent idea.

Although I done it last week when I was considering disabling my boards.ie account, then realized I'd some really cool mates from boards.ie on facebook and kept 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Excellent idea.

Although I done it last week when I was considering disabling my boards.ie account, then realized I'd some really cool mates from boards.ie on facebook and kept 'em.

Why were you gonna delete your Boards account? Gettin bored of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

I couldnt agree more, a friend of mine died suddenly 2 years ago and recently there was like a memorial page created for her. I wasn't too happy about it and it annoyed me why someone would do it. However I then found out it was her little sister who made the page and thought well if it helps her cope with losing her sister then **** it at least it's doing some good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Laika1986 wrote: »
    I couldnt agree more, a friend of mine died suddenly 2 years ago and recently there was like a memorial page created for her. I wasn't too happy about it and it annoyed me why someone would do it. However I then found out it was her little sister who made the page and thought well if it helps her cope with losing her sister then **** it at least it's doing some good

I don't mind the memorial pages.

It's the people talking to people who've died through their status that gets to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

amdublin wrote: »
    I don't mind the memorial pages.

It's the people talking to people who've died through their status that gets to me.

Yeah i get ya but I get them kind of messages to the page the whole time!very annoying

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

And people making death and anniversary announcements. Facebook is not the place for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

merengueca wrote: »
    This is just a snapshot from her. I just think these boys are going to have one or two issues growing up.....(The kids are called Kai and Lex-Thien!!!! FFS)
    Do it just fine to show us single mothers . ... Kais headmaster said kai is his star pupil .And if he carries on he is goin right to the top . Mothers doin it for themselves oh yeh that's how this mother rolls !

<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'>HAPPY 12TH BIRTHDAY TO THE BESTEST BIG SON KAI,KAI..... love you... my son my best friend ... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'>lexi asleep wow before 8 cani believe now just gota get kai away from his I mac to come watch a film with me again , can't get him away from it !

<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'>Get ma lex into bed an me an ma big son r goin to watch a film snuggled in his bed ! With a hot hot vimto :eek:he's 12!!!!

<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'>my kai kai is soooo good just gets up gets himself ready and off he goes to north ces , even offered him the day off bcos he wasn't feelin 100 % but no he said I want to go to school . Feels so good knowing ur kids actually want to go and learn . And do well at school . Ya on the right path son ! And who says single parents can't bring up our kids properly ? Single parents rock !

</H6>

</H6>

</H6>

</H6>

According to Wikipedia, Kai (pronounced Keye, apparently) is a real name. He's fecked as soon as he watches Star Trek: DS9 though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kai_%28name%29
    In Northern Ireland, data indicated that "Kai" experienced a significant rise in popularity as a male give name from 2002 to 2003. It has become popular in the UK, with many children born in the mid to late 1990s given the name. While it is typically a male given name, in recent years it has become popular among females as well. [3]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

This isn't someone I'm friends with, but she is friends with a friend of mine. Came up on my news feed that Friend commented on Stranger's status for some reason. I can see the status and all the comments.

"yu dirty prostitute yu c the picture of ureself on facebook yu are scandilised to death yu aids infested tramp ....... yu may aswell go know cause il hit yu a wrap and then yu can scandalise yurself again yu red rotten yoke !!!!!"

I will now post the best (or worst) comments

Ru sicka jemma awredy hahah :)

its nawt jemma lol shes good tonite :) yeah savana hun :)

You tell um doll lol xxx

Haha claim the nerves hu u on bot..haha xxxx

Ino tell me abot it doll ders a gud few prostatutes an dis ting... Dey shud be ashamed ov demselfs da way dey get an xxx

a smell on this thinking shes the dude she reported me anal cause i told her she was a dirty yoke haaaaaa xxxxxxx

:confused:
    Dear lord

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

In fairness to that girl, I do often report anal when I see it on Facebook. There's a time and place and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

People who link sh1te songs all day long piss me off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

People who say they are bored like 5 times a day !!! Well get off facebook and do something ergh!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

The sad thing is that facebook makes me realise that these complete douchebags have always been around. Facebook just provides them a means to get into my living room.
    I deleted 70 friends last week. Made no announcements as such are just a cry for help which means i'm just like the retards i was deleting. Some of them wont be happy. If they ask me why i'm afraid i'll have to tell them the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

The sad thing is that facebook makes me realise that these complete douchebags have always been around. Facebook just provides them a means to get into my living room.
    I deleted 70 friends last week. Made no announcements as such are just a cry for help which means i'm just like the retards i was deleting. Some of them wont be happy. If they ask me why i'm afraid i'll have to tell them the truth

There's your problem no one has 70 friends, only add the people who are actually your friends

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

lamai wrote: »
    There's your problem no one has 70 friends, only add the people who are actually your friends

I do actually. In my time on this earth i've enjoyed the company of a lot of people many of whom i added/accepted requests on facebook.
    The problem is that i am from a small town where everyone is friends with everyone on facebook. Where i come from it is seen as almost odd not to accept those you were in school with/see out at xmas etc. I was home at xmas and saw the complete folly of this. So i started deleting

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

This isn't someone I'm friends with, but she is friends with a friend of mine. Came up on my news feed that Friend commented on Stranger's status for some reason. I can see the status and all the comments.

"yu dirty prostitute yu c the picture of ureself on facebook yu are scandilised to death yu aids infested tramp ....... yu may aswell go know cause il hit yu a wrap and then yu can scandalise yurself again yu red rotten yoke !!!!!"

I will now post the best (or worst) comments

Ru sicka jemma awredy hahah :)

its nawt jemma lol shes good tonite :) yeah savana hun :)

You tell um doll lol xxx

Haha claim the nerves hu u on bot..haha xxxx

Ino tell me abot it doll ders a gud few prostatutes an dis ting... Dey shud be ashamed ov demselfs da way dey get an xxx

a smell on this thinking shes the dude she reported me anal cause i told her she was a dirty yoke haaaaaa xxxxxxx

:confused:
    Dear lord

Wtf is this shit?! Is that even English :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

how long does it f*cking take to type 6 characters "and all", instead of "anal" gets me everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 33 flamboosh

I don't even know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

A post follows from a neighbour from home who i think is illiterate....possibly mental - as she posts up lists of medication she takes...however this classic came today (note how she begins with hi - like she's talking to just one person.....

hi me and granny took jake to adventure world he loved it esp the bob the builder ride and we cars. Then we went to top to toe and he got his first hair cut he sat brillant wee darling. photos to follow later. Hope its dry tom for the builders nite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

24 January at 23:39 ·

Scum 1, female....
    Hahah Your Gettin A Baten :) xxx

Scum 2,male.... Swear off hu u haha
    :)Xxx

Scum 1...... Yeaah Me Haha xxx

Scum 2.... Ha ha ha u ar varey foney u ar a foll i sware in me mums life tb u foll

I was just having a nose through friends of friends pages and the girl had written this gem on the guys page.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

falan wrote: »
    24 January at 23:39 ·

Scum 1, female....
    Hahah Your Gettin A Baten :) xxx

Scum 2,male.... Swear off hu u haha
    :)Xxx

Scum 1...... Yeaah Me Haha xxx

Scum 2.... Ha ha ha u ar varey foney u ar a foll i sware in me mums life tb u foll

I was just having a nose through friends of friends pages and the girl had written this gem on the guys page.

Foll? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Horse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

missbelle wrote: »
    Foll? :confused:

I took it to be fool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I took it to be fool?
    Would that make it a typo or that weird new english that I don't understand :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I took it to be fool?
    Would that make it a typo or that weird new english I don't understand :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement