Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the good single men gone too?

Options
12345679»

Comments

I find it odd how you consider a guy small, even though he's still much taller than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I find it odd how you consider a guy small, even though he's still much taller than you.

I know but find it awkward hugging someone who is same height or those a few inches taller than me, I'd rather his head be above mine anyways...weird I know! He still be short compared to other guys though!?I like to look up to my guy not to face him head on it gets a bit freaky. If he is cute and has what I want or like in a guy I'd give him a chance but I might not be totally happy unless he is a couple inches taller than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Honestly, you just haven't met the right guy. All these things on your list will be blown out of the water if you find someone who treats you well and have the banter with.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Larianne wrote: »
    Honestly, you just haven't met the right guy. All these things on your list will be blown out of the water if you find someone who treats you well and have the banter with.

True love for me is when you love somebody, not despite their faults, but because of them! It's part of the mix because it would be very boring if they didn't have some faults that we care about.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

"I tend to give off a friendly vibe for the most part but sometimes I might be not letting the guy approach me".

Sorry Snuggles, a bit confused by this as a friendly vibe usually means someone who's smiling and doesn't have a defensive posture and seems like good fun to be around. If you're like that then getting a guy shouldn't be an issue.

But maybe you should be more proactive, my girlfriend of 5 years actually chatted me up, I was so shocked and flattered by this that conversation for the whole night wasn't a problem as I was in a great mood because of that gesture.

Moral of the story, the early bird catches the worm, know what you want and go for it. There are still plenty of good single guys out there. Best of luck

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

engage with the opposite sex, whether they come on to you or otherwise, eventually all will be well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Yeah I agree with the last few posts, I think you're overthinking your 'list' a bit too much OP.

In theory I like tall men, dark hair, athletic, a bit rugged...in reality not a single guy I've had a significant relationship with has looked like that. I've dated a lot of short guys but I'm 5 '1, anything above 5' 5 is tall to me.

The more important stuff that I need in a partner...intellect, ambition, sense of fun and humour...doesn't need to go on a 'list' because it's going to be evident within the first few minutes of meeting and it's going to determine our compatibility. I simply wouldn't get on with someone who doesn't give a sh1t about what's going on in the world and can't laugh at themselves so it's not something that I need to consciously seek out.

Think about it, you wouldn't have too many mates if you went about befriending only the people who 'tick' a long list of boxes...most friendships happen organically. It's the same with relationships. Just talk to guys around you, if nothing else to make a new friend. If there's a spark there you never know what might happen.

beks101 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with the last few posts, I think you're overthinking your 'list' a bit too much OP.

In theory I like tall men, dark hair, athletic, a bit rugged...in reality not a single guy I've had a significant relationship with has looked like that. I've dated a lot of short guys but I'm 5 '1, anything above 5' 5 is tall to me.

The more important stuff that I need in a partner...intellect, ambition, sense of fun and humour...doesn't need to go on a 'list' because it's going to be evident within the first few minutes of meeting and it's going to determine our compatibility. I simply wouldn't get on with someone who doesn't give a sh1t about what's going on in the world and can't laugh at themselves so it's not something that I need to consciously seek out.

Think about it, you wouldn't have too many mates if you went about befriending only the people who 'tick' a long list of boxes...most friendships happen organically. It's the same with relationships. Just talk to guys around you, if nothing else to make a new friend. If there's a spark there you never know what might happen.

mmm I see what you mean. I'm fussy as to who I'd hang out with but I guess when it has come to friendship they developed naturally I guess that's how I need to approach things when it comes to men. I havent used a tick box list when it came to friends. Spark....usually means if I click with the guy, spark to me usually doesn't happen until I kiss the guy!?

stevejr wrote: »
    "I tend to give off a friendly vibe for the most part but sometimes I might be not letting the guy approach me".

Sorry Snuggles, a bit confused by this as a friendly vibe usually means someone who's smiling and doesn't have a defensive posture and seems like good fun to be around. If you're like that then getting a guy shouldn't be an issue.

Often act both. I could smile and be friendly yet have a defensive posture... Confuses men even more!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Often act both. I could smile and be friendly yet have a defensive posture... Confuses men even more!

You sound like me when I was younger.

Don't worry, it gets better. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Can any posters wishing to indulge in generalisations regarding women's choices of partner do so in AH or the Gentleman's Club.

As per the very first line of The Ladies Lounge charter:
    This forum is for the discussion of topics from a woman's point of view.
    We do welcome male input, but do bear in mind that this forum is firstly for the women of boards to have their say, from their point of view.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Don't know is about the rest of them but this good single man is in Belgium and hoping he will get back to Ireland for Christmas!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I think you'll find the OPs point was that none of the men she's meeting met the criteria she requires. I wouldn't take it personally.

Have had a spate of really unpleasant experiences with men that have never been matched or surpassed by experiences wuth women.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I think you'll find the OPs point was that none of the men she's meeting met the criteria she requires. I wouldn't take it personally.

In general (not solely romantically) have had a spate of really unpleasant experiences with men that have never been matched or surpassed by experiences with women - in terms of manners, respect, general behaviour - but that's the luck of the draw I guess. Can't tar any gender with the one brush really, can you?

General rule of thumb: Everyone is an a$$hole. All you can do about it is try to limit how much of an a$$hole you are yourself!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Zombie thread. Closed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement