Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the good single men gone too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

I haven't had many boyfriends and have dated a good few men who weren't boyfriends as such but I've never really been in a proper serious committed realtionship, I'm worried whne I do meet someone for that kind of thing I will screw it up and I be left on my own...I don't want that.

you wont do that op. Each relationship is different and you learn from it and you bring that onto your next relationship. When u meet the right person that you are in love with, you are going to make it want to work, and the lucky guy at the time will also be trying to make it work

You sound like a really nice person op, but dont put pressure on yourself to find someone, and then when u do find someone, dont put pressure on yourself for it to work out. All you can do is be yourself.
    x

I dislike this "where have all the good men gone" idea. There are plenty of single good guys out there, me for instance (shameless self-plug), but could it be a case that you are just too damn picky, OP? You rule guys out for being "too nice" - so you want a good man who isn't all that nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'd like a nice guy but not a goody too shoes....I didn't take it that you were being harsh dublingal80, I understand what you mean. It might sound like I am desperate but I actually am not. I'm not actively looking for a husband but just looking for someone to settle down with! I just feel everyone else is in relationships and I feel left out thats all. I know it can happen when one least expects it. I try to be myself and just go with the flow and not hope too much when I am out. Just have fun, but I'm just getting tired of it. I've been single 4 years so...I have a tendancy to put a lot of pressure on things and make a small thing into a big deal and tend not to be optimistic, I see all the bad things that might happen and never really see the good side of things when it comes to relationships. Boy have I learnt a lot in the last 6 years when it comes to men, I was a very shy innocent teenager, not time for men and didn't have much confidence with them, that has changed a bit since as I got older but still quiet innocent in a quirky sense. Thanks, for advice dublingal80!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

oh i completely get you op, i was exactly the same. Very very innocent as a teenager. I hadnt a clue when it came to men, and in total ive only had 3 relationships. I know it sucks when all your friends are with someone, it makes you want to have a boyfriend even more cos you get to see how happy they are and loved but, but when i was in that stage, the second i got a boyfriend, my best friend and her long term boyfriend broke up and she was then single for 4 years while i was seeing my ex. Then the second me and my ex broke up, she started seeing someone, then me and my ex got back together and she was single and now, finally for the first time in years, we both have a boyfriend..

It will happen when the time is right

PROMISE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭lfp

Jaysus - just read your list of turn offs and then scrolled up the page on this thread and read your list of desirable qualities in a man.

Combing those two lists (some aspects of which are the same - like - wants a tall man and not wanting a small guy) and you've pretty much excluded 90% of the guys I know who I'd consider to be "good lads"...

Also, depending on which situation/time of day/place in their life a person is they will probably tick a few of your negatives no matter what.

No dress sense - seriously!!! A friend of my wife years ago thought I was a great catch as my dress sense was so good - the truth is the complete opposite, it just happened that the nearest top, jeans and shoes in my room that evening combined well!!!!

Acts like a child - on some nights out I have been classified as a complete child - having fun, relaxing, whereas in reality I'm very serious and conservative, you would have dismissed me if you had met me on one of those nights out!

Overly religious - I'm not religious myself, but it's far from what i'd call a character flaw.

I love these ones:
    > Know it all
    > Gods gift
    > Full of oneself
    I agree they are not nice personality traits, but for many men to succed in life those type of traits are encourgaed. Equlally so, men who are not like that can very easily fall into another part of your list:
    >Not ambitious
    >No motivation
    >Not willing to travel too much of a home bird

Between all of your dislikes and then all of your "requirements" you are excluding an awful lot of nice/good guys!

Here's my list by the way:
    I must find her sexually attractive
    I must enjoy her company (this kinda covers intelligence, sense of humour, manner etc.)
    Loyal and honest.

No ones perfect or even 50% perfect.
    Pretty much every character flaw is a consequence of an admirable trait, no person has it all - ying and yang!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Miss OMMC

bluewolf wrote: »
    Jesus christ woman you're only 25! that's practically a baby in the grand scheme of things!
    relax :eek::eek:

Firstly, I do agree with this.

I also want to share my experience.

From the age of 22 to the age of 29 I was single. The first few years were by choice and the last 4 or 5 I just didn't meet anyone that I connected with enough to make it beyond a short term relationship.

Although meeting someone wasn't the be all and end all of my life, i did find it frustrating and somewhat worrying that most people around me were settled down with lovely partners but after years of dating I couldn't seem to find anyone I connected with.

Now I had a great single life. I travelled the world. I worked for a large company with a great social side. I was in college. I had hobbies and a nice circle of friends. Yet, after years, I was still single.

Then one day I met him. He worked with some poeple that I worked with and we got chatting and I knew instantly that there was something extra ordinary about him. After chatting and emailing for a while we organized a night out together and the rest is history. Roll on a few years and we now live together with our baby son and are extremely happy.

In my opinion it's all about timing. It'll happen when it happens and there's no point in getting stressed about it. There's nothing I could have done to make it happen for me any quicker. I do think that my experience with guys who weren't right for me made it easier to see all the great qualities in my partner now.

Over the single years, I could've stayed with guys I wasn't 100% happy with but I chose to trust my instincts and give the right man the chance to come along and I'm sooo glad that I did!

Just try to enjoy your life now and have faith that the right person is out there for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SamSamSammy

Weird, and not joking when I say.. you've described me to a tee :o

I'm 23 though so the younger man probably rules me out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

• Dirty hands
    • Baldy
    • Short height, needs to be taller than me not just an inch or two but at least more than 6 inches taller than me! I’ve nearly always fancied taller men!
    • Inconsiderate jokes
    • Bad breath
    • Horrible teeth
    • Smelly feet
    • Side burns
    • Without a doubt smoking stench
    • No dress sense
    • No common sense acts like a child
    • Know it all
    • Gods gift
    • Full of oneself
    • Splashes the cash
    • Boaster
    • Lies and makes up stories
    • Wears Jewellery
    • Overly religious
    • Not ambitious
    • No motivation
    • Not willing to travel too much of a home bird
    • Not house trained
    • Poor conversationalist
    • Control freak
    • Poor education/no job
    • Has kids (I know harsh…I just can’t be with someone who has gone through that already, I want to have kids with someone who hasn’t had one)
    • Has emotional baggage/too needy!

OP it's no surprise, you seem far too fussy, to the point where you're limiting any chance a man would have of filling your criteria (the above list is the OP's turn-offs). I tried to run through how far I'd get on that list and as I'm starting to lose my hair I can be counted out, I was clean for everything else though! Well I think I was :p

Truth is, me and my gf are very happy and together nearly 4 years - literally my only 'type' I had before I started going out with her was brunettes, and I preferred them if they had a fringe. That was it! From there I found out loads about my gf and things where we aren't compatible are perfectly fine, as it helps distinguish us and we can be our own people.

If you have a checklist, or subconsciously even, you'll never give people a chance - as has been said, best to switch off the criteria or red flags that go off in your head and don't go out actively looking for someone, just go out and have a good time with your mates. If I seen a girl that I could tell was sizing up potential 'talent' for much of the night I'd be terrified to approach her, whereas if she looks like she's enjoying herself and hasn't a care, she looks fun and I'd head over without any fears

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I know you posted it not entirely seriously but consider that any potential suitor who passes all those criteria (I got all the way to the second-last one before I failed, but I can guarantee I would not failed on many criteria that you didn't even think of) has an equally long list for what turns him off. On the infinitesmal chance that you passed his test as well, what are the chances you wouldn't be sick of one another within a month?

By all means avoid drug addicts, mythomaniacs and the clinically stupid but you really need to be less picky.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

God love ya OP cos that list you made is astonishing. You'll never find somebody to meet all those because gods knows whoever ya find will breech some of them in some way.

Fair play if ya do but it will be some search and unless you bring a checklist to every first date you'll constantly be let down when they aren't perfect after a month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There's lots of them out there. Lots and lots and lots of them, trouble is finding the good single man who you want to be with and who wants to be with you. Last time I found one I screwed it up so I wouldn't take any advice from me. :pac:

Somewhere on the interweb there are men asking the very same question.

Jaysus only saw the good list not the bad list, will ANY man meet that ffs??

Jaysus only saw the good list not the bad list, will ANY man meet that ffs??

The bad list somewhat says that none will.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Every so often this thread pops up and people say the same things every single time - stop worrying about finding a man, enjoy yourself, it'll happen when you least expect it - and people say these things because they're true.

If every time you go out, you're thinking, "Ooh, will I meet someone tonight?" etc., even if you don't think it or notice it, it is likely others will notice. If you just go out to have a good time, and you're having fun, you're automatically more attractive because you're not that girl going around latching herself on to every single man in a bid to 'find someone'.

Life isn't all about bagging a man, or 'a good catch'. If it happens, great, but it is so important to be happy on your own because if you aren't, you're not going to be happy in a relationship. You might think you are in the beginning, but all that is is placing your happiness on another person which is totally unfair and will only end in tears.

Try to stop focusing on finding a guy so much. I know this is a bit cheesy, but I tend to just go with the, 'If it's meant to be, it'll be' thing. You can't force these things, they just happen. Oh, and there are good guys everywhere, fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Having a checklist of something is just going to rule out a ton of people you may get on really well with if you dismiss them based on one turnoff. I can guarantee you theres tons of great guys who are asking where all the women who arent clingy or attention seeking psychos are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

OP what you describe is a tall handsome man with a good sense of humour and a string of positive personality traits. This sort of person will be in very high demand so you would need to be the female equivalent yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

While I think having a checklist like that is a little OTT and putting huge pressure on whoever does tick all the boxes to continue being 'perfect', I do think that once the OP meets someone that she does like and 'click with' properly, then the list won't even be an issue.

There are a few things on the list that I would have thought I wanted in a man. I have been mostly single (bar a couple of short term relationships) while all my close friends seemed to be in long term relationships. When I met my current boyfriend, any preconceptions I had about the type of guy I wanted kind of went out the window - I just wanted him. :D Not that he hasn't surpassed my expectations and being the most wonderful friend and partner since we met (he has!) but all the things you think might bug you, don't, if you are happy in your relationship. For example, I would have said that balding is a no-no (for some reason, I always picture Danny DeVito when I think of an example of a bald man!) but when my boyfriend stresses about his thinning crown, I just reassure him that I don't even notice or care, and it's the truth.

I hope I don't come across as patronising, but I think that though the OP does expect a high standard in a potential mate (and we all deserve that), that the real man she does fall for won't even need to tick all those boxes.

To answer your original question OP, I really don't know where to advise you to look. But I will say to take every opportunity. Go for that random after-work drink, go to that birthday party of the guy you don't really know that's on a school night and doesn't really suit. Because (cliché or not) it is when you least expect it that someone marvellous comes along.

Woah, epic post (and first in the Ladies' Loungs - be nice :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭colc1

Can't seem to find them anywhere these days! They are either taken, players, jokers or manchildren! Where are the good single men these days!? What gives? Can women just meet their dream man just like that anywhere unexpected and end up together, what are the odds?

I could reverse this question haha I dont know many guys who are players...in fact most of the lads I know have been single for years... One of the problems is they play the nice guy card every wkd... Women just hate this kind of guy, all the bolloxes are always in demand... Women tell me this too. I would say in Dublin 10 percent of the men are 'doing' all the women...seriously haha

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭colc1

senelra wrote: »
    I hope I don't come across as patronising, but I think that though the OP does expect a high standard in a potential mate (and we all deserve that), that the real man she does fall for won't even need to tick all those boxes.
    )

Unfortunately I think women in this country see high standards in purely superficial terms.... I look for high standards in a girl but in her behaviour...how good a human being she is and that kind of thing I go on dates with some girls and they seem to be so defensive assuming its all about sex...of course thats an issue but if I was going to have a relationship with her she'd have to be nice and I dont care if she's miss world its no use if she's a proper so-and-so...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sollar wrote: »
    OP what you describe is a tall handsome man with a good sense of humour and a string of positive personality traits. This sort of person will be in very high demand so you would need to be the female equivalent yourself.

Actually thats a really good point, a lot (not all) of women having a massive sense of entitlement as to why they "deserve" to have the perfect man yet not being the perfect woman themselves. I could list out stuff that I usually wouldnt go for in a woman, but I've gone against my own ideas of what I'd find attractive and met some really cool girls

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    a lot (not all) of women having a massive sense of entitlement as to why they "deserve" to have the perfect man yet not being the perfect woman themselves.

I blame the chickflicks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I generally stay away from threads like this but I have to say OP,if you intend sticking rigidly to yer lists then you are going to be single for a long time.Yes,we all have checklists for a potential mate however the potential of meeting someone that checks all these imaginary boxes is so miniscule that you are naive in the extreme.I have a couple of single friends that would tick alot of what you perceive to be perfect however they would fail your criteria in other areas.Im of the opinion that nobody should settle just for the sake of it but jebus,you really need to get some perspective,I do think part of it is because you are still relatively young and Id bet dollars to donuts that if you read this thread in 3 or 4 years you will cringe.Best of luck to you anyway!

Miss OMMC wrote: »
    Firstly, I do agree with this.

In my opinion it's all about timing. It'll happen when it happens and there's no point in getting stressed about it. There's nothing I could have done to make it happen for me any quicker. I do think that my experience with guys who weren't right for me made it easier to see all the great qualities in my partner now.

Over the single years, I could've stayed with guys I wasn't 100% happy with but I chose to trust my instincts and give the right man the chance to come along and I'm sooo glad that I did!

Just try to enjoy your life now and have faith that the right person is out there for you.

I very much agree with you, I wouldn't be with someone unless I were a 100% happy! But I wouldn't be just placing my happiness in someone elses hands. I can understand that, I am happy on my own but being with someone would make me happier.

I might not be the exact equivalent. I'm fairly average looking Irish girl. Some guys think I'm cute but I often don't believe them. I'm not stunning but not a hag either. Sense of humour can match that and some positive personality traits.
    Weird, and not joking when I say.. you've described me to a tee :o

I'm 23 though so the younger man probably rules me out! :D

Really lol. Interesting hope you didn't get my good and bad list mixed up? Well what ya know, I like younger men! ;)
    OP it's no surprise, you seem far too fussy, to the point where you're limiting any chance a man would have of filling your criteria (the above list is the OP's turn-offs). I tried to run through how far I'd get on that list and as I'm starting to lose my hair I can be counted out, I was clean for everything else though! Well I think I was :p

If you have a checklist, or subconsciously even, you'll never give people a chance - as has been said, best to switch off the criteria or red flags that go off in your head and don't go out actively looking for someone, just go out and have a good time with your mates. If I seen a girl that I could tell was sizing up potential 'talent' for much of the night I'd be terrified to approach her, whereas if she looks like she's enjoying herself and hasn't a care, she looks fun and I'd head over without any fears

I see where you are coming from. Thanks. I could bend that rule out a little if you cute! :p There are just some on the list I wouldn't change but some I could bend a little and not be bothered but seriously there are turn offs that if someone has more than just one turn off...they be a gonner!

I know you posted it not entirely seriously but consider that any potential suitor who passes all those criteria (I got all the way to the second-last one before I failed, but I can guarantee I would not failed on many criteria that you didn't even think of) has an equally long list for what turns him off. On the infinitesmal chance that you passed his test as well, what are the chances you wouldn't be sick of one another within a month?

By all means avoid drug addicts, mythomaniacs and the clinically stupid but you really need to be less picky.

Lol, its not necessarily a test that he needs to pass! If he got a sense of humour, decent, nice, genuine and a fairly good personality and reasonable looks I be happy! So what would I need to pass this guys test then??! Sick of each other I don't know...ya course would avoid those kind! Can't help having a high standard and being picky...wasn't like that when I were younger but have got picky over the years...can't help it!
    Tom10 wrote: »
    God love ya OP cos that list you made is astonishing. You'll never find somebody to meet all those because gods knows whoever ya find will breech some of them in some way.

Fair play if ya do but it will be some search and unless you bring a checklist to every first date you'll constantly be let down when they aren't perfect after a month.

If we click on the first date that would kind of matter to me if it didn't go well or that it turns out to platonic or not then that's fine.
    Novella wrote: »
    If every time you go out, you're thinking, "Ooh, will I meet someone tonight?" etc., even if you don't think it or notice it, it is likely others will notice. If you just go out to have a good time, and you're having fun, you're automatically more attractive because you're not that girl going around latching herself on to every single man in a bid to 'find someone'.

Life isn't all about bagging a man, or 'a good catch'. If it happens, great, but it is so important to be happy on your own because if you aren't, you're not going to be happy in a relationship. You might think you are in the beginning, but all that is is placing your happiness on another person which is totally unfair and will only end in tears.

Try to stop focusing on finding a guy so much. I know this is a bit cheesy, but I tend to just go with the, 'If it's meant to be, it'll be' thing. You can't force these things, they just happen. Oh, and there are good guys everywhere, fwiw.

Not necessarily true for me but thanks for your insight, I really don't go out thinking I'm going to meet someone. Weirdly enough, I get a weird sense or instinct on the day or night or something that I predict I might meet someone that day or night. I know its a weird hunch or feeling I get. I did the time I met my ex.

I recently wore the colour red on a night out and my friends seem to think I was looking to meet someone....I was just being festive! It wasn't true that I was looking to meet someone. I rather not think like that every time I go out. Its just that when I go out, I just see old lecherous, loud or attached men. No guys my age or close enough, very few out an about lately. I just wonder where are they all!?? I don't think for a second that a person could just make me happy, I know I need to be happy within myself beforehand. I'd like to be a 100% with the relationship not just for the sake of having one, I know that feeling it happend before. I had a relationship with someone just for the sake of it and it ended in tears so know that myself!

You'd be amazed, I like being on my own. Some people be taken aback 'cause of that. I enjoy being on my own in my own company but I like to be able to share with someone though.

Say the PMs finally started flooding in lol. No seriously looking for a man is like looking for a job...finding the right one! :D

I might not be the exact equivalent. I'm fairly average looking Irish girl. Some guys think I'm cute but I often don't believe them. I'm not stunning but not a hag either. Sense of humour can match that and some positive personality traits.

25 is still very young don't be in a panic. As someone else said here you could be looking back in a few years laughing at your list... sitting beside a someone who prob fails half of them, life's funny like that :D

Also if your 5ft 8in or 9in and looking for a man 6 inches taller you could be in trouble in this country!

25 is still very young don't be in a panic. As someone else said here you could be looking back in a few years laughing at your list... sitting beside a someone who prob fails half of them, life's funny like that :D

Also if your 5ft 8in or 9in and looking for a man 6 inches taller you could be in trouble in this country!

Lol, I'm not tall! I'm only like 4 ft 10"/4 ft 11" roughly 5 foot with shoes/heels! So a guy more than 5 ft 6 to 6 foot be about right me!;)

It could be a case of scaring people off too....being too much focused on the future when things have to happen slowly. my problem in the past has been i tend to view things into the future...i think its me being loyal...but others view it as "wanting to be married" you know that type of way!

And yes I read the good list and thought I tick every box waaahey, then read the bad list and think that no man will meet everything on that list!

I tend to look for the perfect girl too, but this yr I have come to conclusion that "my" perfect girl (the one I have in head) doesn't exist.
    A decent catch well good sense of humor (not offending), tall, handsom (above average looking but not drop dead gorgeous), loyal, honest, fun, educated, independent, confident, a provider, considerate, thoughtful, kind, loving and friendly person.

I would like to think I'd meet them.. the kind, thoughtful, caring etc etc. But the bad list is just amazing LOL......
    Dirty hands - no
    Baldy - no
    Short height, needs to be taller than me not just an inch or two but at least more than 6 inches taller than me! I’ve nearly always fancied taller men! - no
    Inconsiderate jokes - sense of humor - every one is different
    Bad breath - no
    Horrible teeth - no
    Smelly feet - no
    Side burns - no
    Without a doubt smoking stench - no
    No dress sense - depends how outsiders view it.....again everyone is different
    No common sense acts like a child - no
    Know it all - well, i do know a lot :D lol
    Gods gift - no
    Full of oneself - maybe, i duno
    Splashes the cash - probably a fail but not overly....i spend money...
    Boaster - no
    Lies and makes up stories - no
    Wears Jewellery - no
    Overly religious - no
    Not ambitious - probably a fail, i am happy as i am in life so...
    No motivation - as above
    Not willing to travel too much of a home bird - happy with life here tbh....
    Not house trained - no
    Poor conversationalist - no
    Control freak - no
    Poor education/no job - no
    Has kids (I know harsh…I just can’t be with someone who has gone through that already, I want to have kids with someone who hasn’t had one) - no
    Has emotional baggage/too needy! - no

I said no to a lot of them but even miss out....i honestly think no man will ever meet that WHOLE list.

Lol, I'm not tall! I'm only like 4 ft 10"/4 ft 11" roughly 5 foot with shoes/heels! So a guy more than 5 ft 6 to 6 foot be about right me!;)

lol, the struggle would be to find a man an inch or 2 taller then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Have to say that just because the OP is looking for someone doesn't mean that she' coming off as desperate. I mean I know I don't anyway. I mean I miss being in a relationship but in no way am I desperate for a man.

And I'm 26 btw. It doesn't matter to me what age I am, I'm not working against any biological clock (don't want children) and don't want to get married, all I know is I like being with someone, and am feeling a little lonely lately.

I'm surprised that I'm the first to say this but have you and snuggles considered the problem could be yourselves

Any man or woman who is angrily or bitterly dismissing the whole other gender as losers or bitches or C**ts and has had a string of bad experiences should take time out to look at themselves and how they are approaching their interactions with the opposite sex

yes there are bad eggs out there but there are also a lot of good eggs, you are both either having an incredible streak of bad luck or should look closer to home for why things are going wrong

• Advertisement

It could be a case of scaring people off too....being too much focused on the future when things have to happen slowly. my problem in the past has been i tend to view things into the future...i think its me being loyal...but others view it as "wanting to be married" you know that type of way!

And yes I read the good list and thought I tick every box waaahey, then read the bad list and think that no man will meet everything on that list!

I tend to look for the perfect girl too, but this yr I have come to conclusion that "my" perfect girl (the one I have in head) doesn't exist.

I would like to think I'd meet them.. the kind, thoughtful, caring etc etc. But the bad list is just amazing LOL......

I said no to a lot of them but even miss out....i honestly think no man will ever meet that WHOLE list.

Ya, I know the perfect person doesn't exist...but the right person does! Soulmate la la la!? Ya...ok. the bad list...well I could put up with a guy that has smelly feet, has side burns, smoker, no job and a few other things.

• Dirty hands I Wouldn't change this...if one has dirty hands well he is a gonner sorry! Seriously who would want to go with someone who has dirty hands!
    • Baldy Might bend rule if guy is cute
    • Short height, needs to be taller than me not just an inch or two but at least more than 6 inches taller than me! I’ve nearly always fancied taller men! I've always fancied men taller than me, its a bit awkward kissing and hugging someone too close to my height if a guy is below 5"5 like, been there done that wore the t-shirt, not very comfortable bashing heads and teeth no thank you very much!
    • Inconsiderate jokes If they offend me in such away that I get upset well then the guy is a gonner from the word go! If the jokes are funny and he has a good decent sense of humour thats fine!
    • Bad breath Wouldn't fancy kissing someone with bad breath but if he could sort it out I be ok with that if its like bo then well I don't know what would help him.
    • Horrible teeth If he got it sorted out I might bend the rule
    • Smelly feet Could put up with it
    • Side burns Same as above
    • Without a doubt smoking stench Could cope with a smoker, its just kissing a smoker is a bit of turn off!
    • No dress sense I could bend the rule a bit depending how the guy dresses, if he dresses like a geek/nerd/farmer I'm sorry....no! If he looks well and what he wears suits him and combination of what he wears is good than ya
    • No common sense acts like a child Now seriously the man would have to grow up don't want a manchild to look after that won't take responsibility for things! He needs to be sensible!
    • Know it all Intelligence and being brainy is one thing but being a know it all and a smart alex will get him know where with me!
    • Gods gift Speaks for itself
    • Full of oneself Same as above
    • Splashes the cash He can spend money like but not to be splashing on flashy things that is meaningless, I like material goods but labels and top brands and flashy cars/houses/clothese etc doesn't appeal to me!
    • Boaster Not willing to change this, if he boasts and thinks he is superior than other people and boasts about things, a show off is a right turn off for me and I don't like it
    • Lies and makes up stories I don't like liers and certainly don't like cheats!
    • Wears Jewellery I don't like the chave look! Unless the guy wears a watch then ya that's fine
    • Overly religious Not into that cult tripe! I go to mass but I'm not a strong devote catholic. I think its a bit fake of people who are a bit too much into it!
    • Not ambitious Well could cope with that
    • No motivation Bend the rule a little
    • Not willing to travel too much of a home bird I'm a home bird myself but I do like to travel and go on holidays and stuff and go abroad, find it annoying if guys don't like to do that! I don't mind if he is a home bird but if he could at least fly on a plane to the UK or something I think he hasn't come out of comfort zone of home!
    • Not house trained Go figures not every man is house trained...that can cook, clean, tidy, look after himself without being mammied, obviously have couple of habits they might always have
    • Poor conversationalist I need to be able to click with the person and they need to be open and honest so a shy coward or overly confident one liners by cocky men will not do it for me sorry!
    • Control freak Don't like to be bossed around
    • Poor education/no job If he had a decent education and got as far as leaving cert I be ok with it, even if he didn't get to college at least have tried to do it or do something. In this era, well a job is a job it doesn't matter what it is but if he hasn't one I be ok with it.
    • Has kids (I know harsh…I just can’t be with someone who has gone through that already, I want to have kids with someone who hasn’t had one) Now, If I fell in love with somone like this...I don't know don't think I'd want to spend the rest of my life with someone like him, if he had one kid I might give him a chance but if he has been married with kids and divorced makes me think he is damaged goods....
    • Has emotional baggage/too needy! I don't want a man who is too needy! I like my own space and like him to be independent for him to do his own thing and I do my own thing. I could put up with some level of emotional baggage once its not too serious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement