Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

F,
    I think I've already posted here about your immaturity. Well it's reared it head again hasn't it. You need to learn that not everything is about you, if someone else already has plans that just don't happen to include you, don't take it personally and get into a sulk because they won't cancel them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

I'm so, so happy for you but it hurts too. Everything happens for a reason though. I just have to stay positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

To self

It's time to relax, move on and be happy again. The past 18 months have been horrible, but, you know what ..they're behind you, so leave it all go and look to the future. There's an old saying "Don't look back, that's not the way you're going" and it's very fitting!

You are surrounded by so many good friends and family who have shown you so much love and support, and you have so much to be grateful for. Chin up and onwards and upwards! :)

To J

You're one in a million, thank you just for being you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear me,

During these awfully busy and stressful times dont forget to look after yourself.

- Look after your back
    - Get exercise, even if only a few times a week
    - Read your books. Join your local library.
    - Walk in nature
    - Sleep
    - Take deep breaths in through your nose, out through your mouth
    - When you think youre going to cut out from the stress, take 5 mins and close your eyes.

When I write these, they are actually free things to do!

Remember that these times will pass. You are extraordinary in how youve handled everything so far.

Take care you xx me xx

• Advertisement

Dear A , b,c and d,

A - we all know your married to the meanest man in Ireland but there is no need to be as mean with me. I remember sending you money when you were in college and you were glad of it as a broke student. Now you know I am on the dole and you cant give me as much as €10 for my birthday.

B, it time you told your wife where to go in regards to a few things. I have always steeped up in regards to buying presents for all your children's so the least you could do is give me a present for my birthday. Ps don't expect me to help you and her out in the next few months I am going to be suddenly busy. I am not becoming your free babysitting service.

C, how dare you have another go at me. I am not taking it from you any more. You might have forget that I know about certain things and you don't want z finding out. You could be decent and help me out but no you do nothing. Well I am just letting you know now that I won't be minding our parents in their old age. That's going to become your problem not mine. I hope you have plenty of money to pay their nursing home bills.

D, Please stop taking me for an idiot. Please stop lying to me and as for lecturing me a few months ago on meaness you should have a good look in the mirror at yourself. I know far more than you realise and it just a matter of time before you find this out. I am going to enjoy watching your reaction then. Unless you help me out I am just going to tell a few people about you and what you have done over the past few years. I am going to show you up and let you deal with the fall out after z finds out what you did for a.
    What you sow you reap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

It's that song, isn't it. "I don't want your body but I hate to think about you with somebody else. Our love has gone cold, you're intertwining your soul with somebody else.'

You occupy less head space. But you're always there, just below the surface. Walks home from work in the evenings. In bed at night.

I'm trying to reign it in, to do the right things, therapy, journalling, plans, so many plans. When does it get easier? What's the point of all this love and pain? I keep hearing my boss's voice in my head in moments of pure comedic interlude. "What's the ROI?" You'd probably laugh at that too.

You always said I'd sell sand to an Arab. You had such faith in me. I miss that. I wish I could sell my heart on moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Dear God or Big Man spinning the magic in the Sky;

Please let there be some drying in the Weather over the next couple of days! :D:o Bring a few Showers if needed but if the next 2 days could dry all the Clothes I have hanging out that would be brill! Like last Weekend I got stuff dried hanging out and when I asked before! :D:pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

You're right, I would prefer to go by myself, it would be less stressful. I wouldn't have to listen to you ruminating over minor nothingness that happened a lifetime ago. Instead I will have to be the referee all weekend and then, listen to you ruminating over every single thing that happened over the weekend for years to come, and it will be years because you can never let anything fucking go, no matter how miniscule it is. You're draining me.

Do you ever have such a horrible anxious feeling fluttering in your chest that it makes you breathless. I don't even know why I'm feeling this way. Well, there's literally 100 reasons why I'm feeling this way but the feeling seems to be preventing me from pinpointing the reason. Not being able to pinpoint the reason is making the feeling even worse.

Dear Z,

I saw your house up for sale on daft. I contacted a friend of mine after seeing it and asked them - guess who is selling their house and they said Z. I got the reply no way.
    My friend said to me a few other things then.

The truth is Z that you were left that house and money along with it. You were working and living in your family home for years both rent and mortgage free. You were just paying for the upkeep and the bills. You got money a few years ago and you spent some of this cash on doing up the house. I know that due to some family issues you could not work for a while but after this period you set up your own business with a few other people you know.

Now I see your house for sale on daft and your trying to sell now at the top of the housing market. Along with is your house is one of a large number in the same area.
    You must have a good reason or a few good reasons for selling this house.
    Do you know what I think - your selling the house as you need the money.
    Do you realise that when you sell the house your going to have to pay a capital gains tax bill of somewhere in the region of €50,000 to €60,000 depending on what you get for the house?

I saw all the mistakes you made over the past few years. Most people learn from their mistakes but you never did. The number of the same type of woman you kept going towards, got involved with and then ending up heartbroken when things did not work out.

You were given so many chances with an ex female friend who is a decent, kind, loyal woman and you decided that she was not good enough for you.

Instead you went on to meet a non national woman and within a few months this lady was pregnant with your baby. I saw photos of you and the baby and being honest you were the first white man I saw been happy with a very dark brown baby. Even now I can see no likeness between you and the child.

Do you know what else I have noticed Z that there are no recent photos of you, the baby and your baby mama together on fb?
    Did having a baby with a woman you barely knew push you and her together for a few months and then when reality kicked in your found out that you could not stay a couple?

Why are you selling your house? Are you selling it to move to another part of the country and to have spare cash? Are you selling it to give her a pay off?
    Are you selling the house to fund the move back to where she came from?

We both know you will put a positive spin on why your selling the house to people but you don't sell a family home in a nice area with good local schools unless you moving to a more exclusive area. I know you wont say to people I am moving as I need the cash.

Do you know what the best of the situation you are now in?

Your ex female friend saw your house for sale on daft. She was sorry to see that your selling the house and figured you need to sell it. She is glad that you turned her down in the past as she did not need to prop you and your lifestyle up with the money she has.
    She also found out that in time she will get a decent six figure inheritance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I kept wanting to call you about our day today. You would have come with us. You would have been so happy and proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Dear Z,

Instead you went on to meet a non national woman and within a few months this lady was pregnant with your baby. I saw photos of you and the baby and being honest you were the first white man I saw been happy with a very dark brown baby. Even now I can see no likeness between you and the child.

Are you selling the house to fund the move back to where she came from?

Dear you - I hope that anger has clouded your judgement. The racist comments diminish your argument big time.

Hey Biker chic,
    still thinking about you every day, but not as much anymore, time is a great healer for a broken heart.

I wonder, tante, do you ever think of me anymore at all, I'm still getting those little reminders every day,
    blue Hyundais are getting scarce though,
    looking over the Shannon at the hills above Killaloe,
    as

I press the plunger on the coffeepot in the morning,
    should I perhaps have cleaned the mould out of yours
    when Jack the lad slept in your house when you needed to get away.

Or when I see a bike in the mirror, approaching fast
    zipping fast on the motorway, I always give them space
    Just in case it might be you getting back to me or

Just someone else going somewhere fast, on a bike.

Hey you wouldn't have the RTEfm for the cvj you gave me for the OH car?

It's in the jeep now but cds are all busted.

Sometimes I stop and think, and ask myself was it all just a game, a game like yer granny's ma did a century ago??

Stay safe my friend, still thinking of you,
    that night we looked at the stars, at Orion's belt in February,
    perhaps next time you look at the plough you'll be reminded
    of the ploughjockey you left behind with loads of lonely furrows to turn,
    still thinking of you when I see Mars, it was close this summer, but alas no cigar.

C.
    It's six years tomorrow, it feels like yesterday. I miss you so much,and all the great laughs we had, and not a day goes by without me thinking of you. It has gotten easier, but when I'm alone, the tears come.

E's birthday is tomorrow, there is always a tinge of sadness on her birthday, but we always have a drink in your honour. I wish you were still with us, you went way too soon. :(

Anyway, bottoms up, we'll meet again where we said. :P

Hope it's not too hot there for you. ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

J, I am so frustrated because of you. I'm sick to the back teeth over the fact that you LITERALLY just will not listen to me and to anything I say to you. It's like banging my head off a brick wall trying to deal with you. Because of you I can't get things sorted out. You're putting me through hell, you know it and you just couldn't give a fcuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Dear C.,

Thank you for listening to me. It seems like such a simple thing, but you're one of the few people I know who really, really listens to everything that's being said to you. I know the rest of us complain about how you really can be the most German of Germans when it comes to some things - so direct! - but you're also one of the kindest people I know. I can't wait to go visit you in December. Here's to many more chats!

Do chara,

BB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

J,

I miss you. I hope you can come see me soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

You cheer me up no end every time I see you! I'm just so happy that you make time for me and I love catching up with you. I know we only see each other once a year or so, but that's fine by me! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

MR,
    I'm sorry. I wasn't there for you. I know it's too late now. I did what I thought was best, giving you some space. But I didn't realise that in doing that, I wasn't giving you support. Please don't think that I didn't care, or that I didn't think of you. I guess I've learnt a lesson the hard way and will have to live with this regret. Please don't think badly of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I heard today confirming again how awful a person you are, rude and abusive to people who simply asked you a question! I'm so glad I no longer have to put up with your verbal and emotional abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

You were the one who messed up big time. You broke our hearts. You treated the kids so wrong.

Yet you seem to think Im going to walk away.. Well buster you got that wrong. Im now over the heartbreak and Im not going to be walked on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Today has been so tough :( I don't know why exactly....maybe it's the constant reminders of what should have been but sadly will never be :(

Dear S,
    I'm sorry I cant open up about it...It's just too tough:(

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

P,

FUUUÚUUUUCCCCKKKKKK

YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU

I tried to leave the first time when I had a little more of myself intact. Why didn't you just let me go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I got a bit teary on the bus after I left you today. It's weird, because we'd had a lovely afternoon, the two of us - drinking coffee, speaking mainly in your native language (mine is rusty, I know), singing along to your favourite song from the 1940s. You made me laugh a lot, I managed to raise a few smiles from you.

I think the reason I cried into my sunglasses afterwards is because I'm grateful I can still make these memories of afternoons with you, but sad because you can't. Once I leave, you more than likely won't remember I was there. In fact, I probably cease to exist for you when I'm not there - you definitely recognise me when I walk in, but you don't know my name anymore or remember that I'm your grand-daughter. You always called me by my full name, middle name included. You only vaguely recall it now, and only if you're prompted.

I talked to you today about what you used to call "the good old days", when you'd collect me from school at lunch and drive me to the house while Gran got the food together. When I'd be trying to redo my contraband eyeliner in the car on the way back and you'd roll your eyes but dutifully warn me when we were coming up to the speed ramps so I wouldn't gouge myself. It's getting harder for me to remember the conversations we had back then, when you remembered things I'd tell you about my day, when you'd be passing on whatever gossip you heard Gran talking about earlier. It's one of Alzheimers' horrible tricks - not only have you lost your memory, but the rest of us lose some of our memories OF you as you were before, as we spend more and more time with this version of you. But we'll try. We'll keep telling you about all the things you used to do. We'll keep showing you the photos. Thank you for our nice afternoon today <3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

G - I don't really see the point

....to any of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

You don't get to play games. Been there and heard them all before plenty of times over. Good job I found out so early on.
    I'll never look for anyone again. If something happens it happens. I'll be fine on my own if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

M - you couldn't find it in your heart to give me this one little human kindness, after all the ridiculous nonsense you put me through on a daily basis?

niiiiice, real nice :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

So you had a problem with what was said to you. Because you knew it was the truth. All that's wrong with you is your huge ego is bruised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

You used me because of my abilities in the sack and you ripped me off by using my debit card the next morning in Tommy Hilfiger for near 2k worth of clothes.

Fcuk You.

Advertisement