Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I feel so unsupported recently. There is so much to be done, and every time I look around you're playing some stupid game on your phone.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Here goes nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Dear me,

You're amazing. Sometimes you don't think it, but you are. You've been through a lot, and you've come through it. Sometimes it's easy to let that little voice in your head become a big voice, but you're amazing enough to be able to tell that little voice to "shut the f**k up" and do your thing. Keep it up!

With lots of love,
    Me xx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Dear Robyn,

I agree. You’re amazing.

Saw pics from training yesterday. I’ll be there next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

Dear Period

Why this month.... I really really don’t want to see until next year. You’ve been extra cruel this month. I feel like I’m 15 again with these cramps.

P**s off

Thank you S

Dear M

I’m so proud of what you did yesterday.
    It will be hard but I’d rather have the old happy you back then what you have been like the last 2 years.

This is our year x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

F, still waiting on that apology here.... But then again I'm not surprised, sorry isn't exactly in your vocabulary. You flew off the handle, accused someone else - if you had been honest in the first place it wouldn't have happened. Now you're sniffling and looking for sympathy cos you got in trouble.
    I know we won't hear an apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I don't know how to stop loving you.

I wish I could forget you as easily as you forgot me.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Now that we've established you're cheating on your new girlfriend online, you're *still* going to peddle the morally superior, put upon by the world shtick?

You're an absolute joke. That woman deserves better and I feel for her. No doubt she thinks you're the best thing since sliced pan. Of course I'm sure you're all charm and attention, but slowly that will downgrade to nothing at all. What do they call it... bait and switch? You despise being fooled but have no problem playing that trick on others.

Chatting up young women is beyond pathetic, man. Grow up. Don't tell me you wouldn't chance your arm with one of them IRL if they were up for it. You are a sad, sad individual. It's people like you that make others lose hope in humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I hate feeling empty. I hate that there's nothing inside of me. I hate that I can't remember so much. I wish I had my childhood memories, I wish I had photos, mementos. I have nothing. This is emptiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Stop letting me down, please. Please P your starting to hurt me.

• Advertisement

Dear Period

I can feel your arrival upon me.
    I’m more at peace this month with you. What will be will be.
    But I’m just over the flu, be kind

Saysay.

Dear M

You’ve had a great few weeks. I’m so proud of you.
    Your determination and excitement has paid off.

But please don’t take the piss with me. Since New Years I’ve been your right hand woman, your listener, your devils advocate. I need you, I keep telling you. But you only realise it when I freak out as you call it.

S x

Saysay19 wrote: »
    Dear Period

Why this month.... I really really don’t want to see until next year. You’ve been extra cruel this month. I feel like I’m 15 again with these cramps.

P**s off

Thank you S

Dear M

I’m so proud of what you did yesterday.
    It will be hard but I’d rather have the old happy you back then what you have been like the last 2 years.

This is our year x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Do you always have to be such a smug b***h, with your backhanded compliments and faux concern.

Dear the gods above

Why do you constantly knock me down.
    I’m devastated tonight, it’s bittersweet.

It’s bad news after bad news from you all lately

C,
    We seem to be taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I'm just not able for it anymore. I'm carry the load for everyone on my shoulders, there's no one I can speak to about this, no one would ever understand. I don't think you realise how much you are hurting me and yet I just can't burden you with it. I just want things to go back to normal, I'm not sure how much more of it I can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

"dear" vestibular disease.... were you really unaware that my system and my life are derailed with CFS/ME when you invaded? That I was just starting to cope better.. back further than square one now AND YOU ARE NOT WELCOME! ie get out, now!

R,
    For someone who is quite active of facebook, you not "liking" any of my posts in relation to a hobby I have that doesn't involve you is quite telling (to me). Your support, even by a simple thumbs up on facebook, would really mean a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Dear me,

You learned several important things this weekend:
    1. You have to try.
    2. Pedal harder.
    3. Keep f!@king pedalling.
    4. If in doubt, eat.
    5. You are more amazing than you know.
    6. Even if you are not at your best, just do your best.

Please remember them.

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

You cruel unfeeling heartless b***h. You know how scared I am. You could have given me an answer today, but you're going to make me wait at least another 24 hours and possibly longer. You're doing this to me despite knowing how terrified I am. I hope you can live with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

I hope you realise the effort he's making for you. Somehow I doubt you will :(

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

M,

I can’t believe you’re dead. I just can’t. How can a man with a smile that lights up the room, with eyes that sparkle and with such presence and charisma just be gone. It just doesn’t compute. You’ll never know how much you meant to me, I could never tell you that...you’ll never know that I thought of you fondly so so often, that so many songs remind me of you and I smile when I hear them... you’ll never know how desired and amazing you made me feel, and what it did to me. I always hoped that one day we’d pick up where we left off...that won’t be happening now. I know I’ve no right to be this way, but I’m devastated. I miss you. I’ll always miss you. Rest well, my love.
    M,

It’s been some week. It’s still unbelievable that you’re actually dead. I just can’t process it. I’m glad I went to your removal, I’m hoping in time that that will help me grieve. But seeing you in your coffin...oh M, I never ever thought that day would come. Driving there, I thought to myself that I’d like to just rest my hand on yours one last time, but when it came to it I couldn’t do it, didn’t want to face the coldness I’d feel, so I touched the coffin-side instead. Still surreal. To see you so still and lifeless, that spark and vivacity gone forever.

I dug out the posts i made about you in earlier versions of this thread under an old username, and re-read them all. I laughed and cried, as I had done when originally posting them.

The good memories have been flooding back all week. The simplest little things that would seem mundane to anyone else but that in context mean so much to me. Remember the question to which my answer was ‘cos it’s bold’?? I can still see you smiling at that one! Remember the flying pork chop?? The Eiffel Tower? The 7up saga? The day you turned up at my workplace and popped out from behind one of the lads like a jack-in-the-box? The drunken confessions? The forgotten coat? The first awkward phonecall? I can still remember the jolt of attraction the time I watched you take off your tie and undo the top button of your shirt after work one evening. Remember the first night we got together and you asked me at what stage I’d decided I wanted you...it was when our colleague was drunkenly rambling on about something ad nauseum and you caught my eye, smiled and winked...right there and then I thought “he’s hot!” but I didn’t for one second think you might have been thinking similar about me. Little did I know what would unfold that night!

I know that for you it really was little more than a very casual fling. You didn’t actually fall for me, whereas I did for you. I’m ok with that, I made my peace with it ages ago, but I never lost the soft spot I had for you. The emotions I’ve felt this week are testament to that. I will always have a soft spot for you, I will never forget you. In time I will again think of you with a smile and fondness rather than with the tears and heartache I’ve felt this week.

Thank you for everything you brought to my life.

Rest well... xxx

Hard to believe so much time has passed since you died. Yesterday I wore the necklace from our ‘lost weekend in Paris’...ten years ago yet i remember it as if it was only last week. It’s beyond belief to think of you dead and buried. That mega-watt smile that transforms your face...you’ll never smile it again. It catches me off guard so often... I think that I must tell you something or that you’d enjoy something and then it hits me all over again that you’re gone. I hope you didn’t suffer, that you died so suddenly you didn’t know it was happening. To think anything else is unbearable. You had so much living left to do, you were only getting started! Life is cruel.
    I’m grateful for what we had, whatever label may be put on it. It was fun, it was dreamy, it was adventurous, it was loving, it was sexy, it was exciting, it was an eye-opener, it was life-changing, it was bloody epic! Thank you for that. I will always remember and I will always miss you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

i love every second with you.. and when you are away i am trying to not think of you but it is so very hard..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m so angry with you I don’t even know where to begin. “I don’t hear from you...” I’m still your daughter and she’s still my grandmother, is there something wrong with your phone that you couldn’t tell me? And also, that doesn’t mean that I don’t care, how can you think it does?

And anyway, that’s not an excuse!! I still have a right to know, I still worry about her. You don’t hear from your sister in Oz, did you not tell her on the same grounds? I can’t believe you

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I thought you were the one, you have been so distant with me and I cannot bear it any longer . I told you tonight that we need to talk so we have arranged for tomorrow night as you had your daughter with you. I'm so terribly upset .

Valyawl wrote: »
    I thought you were the one, you have been so distant with me and I cannot bear it any longer . I told you tonight that we need to talk so we have arranged for tomorrow night as you had your daughter with you. I'm so terribly upset .

Going through something very similar, hope ye can sort things.

At least I know now, we are over. Try to pick up the pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kelfy

You really are a terrible Buddhist.

With hindsight, I am still right about loads!

I hope you can find happiness someday without the need to hurt yourself or others.

I'll finally know this time tomorrow.... It's been a long enough wait for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Now I’m really not sure where I stand with you. You text me today like nothing happened. So what’s the story?

In work today trying to hold it together, why can life be so hard.
    I know I will get through this but I just feel and look like S*** plus lack of sleep!!

• Advertisement

I miss u a lot already. U were so good for me.

I don't understand u how u said u felt as tho u didn't miss me, but saying then it feels wrong to break up? .... As much as that broke my heart, I would still take u back. 10.times over.

U were someone who I was wishing for, for quiet some time. I love the bones of u.

I could and would never wish u anything bad, u would be the last person to deserve so. Ur such a good hearted person, keep being u.... Ur amazing and Im grateful u were once mine.

Advertisement