Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Well thank you VERY much for that! How f***ing selfish can you be?! Are you that stupid that you don't realise how serious the repercussions could be, especially when you were already warned? I'm fuming over that and the other person isn't too happy either. As long as you and your offspring are okay though you couldn't care less about anyone else. Selfish cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I've just realised today's date. It would have been your birthday today, not a significant one at this stage, just a reminder that we are getting another bit older! Another one that has been missed, it's been a few now, mad how the years fly by. A lot has changed since you passed away, everyone has moved on with their lives and rightly so, it just would have been nice to share all these moments since then with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Of all people to end up being in the closet...you were the last person on earth I would have thought of. I am worried about you because not only are you hiding it from the world, you're it from yourself and we both know how volatile you all ready are without throwing this on the fire.

I love you, I wish you knew that. I know we don't have one of the best friendships in the world and I know over the years we both killed each other at the flick of a switch. But that was when we were young and stupid. Now we're that bit older, a little bit wiser. And I know it's stupid of me to turn around and tell you that I give a **** about you after everything we put each other through. I tried so hard to be your friend, I wanted to include you in my life, I wanted you to feel like you were part of a group, a group of people that would care. But you being you thought you were better than that..and here I am now, blaming you, saying it's your fault but tbh some of it is. You wouldn't accept my friendship, you didn't want to be part of my life and you ridiculed everything and everyone in it. You acted like you were more superior than me, judged me and my friends on every little aspect and thought we were going around shaming ourselves. I knew you had issues...but if I had known back then what I know now, I wouldn't have being so harsh with you and written you off as a hopeless lunatic..

M told me last week about your secrets. I know you don't know she knows, you still think that it's all hidden and under the carpet. I really wish it wasn't though. When she told me I was absolutely astounded and for days after I didn't want to believe it! You, of all people!! Looking back on your behaviour over the years I can see certain traits that would be regarded as.."flamboyant"..it makes sense...all of it now makes absolute sense.

I don't you to think that you're weird or suffering. You should know you're family and whatever friends you have left will love you and accept you no matter what. I don't want you to hide. I don't want you to be beating yourself up and making yourself feel like there's something wrong..I just wish you'd listen and I just wish you could see..we still love you. You might not know it, but I will be looking out for you..and I will have your back. Please take care..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Why, why, why do I expect anything different from you? I know you have loads of good points, I know you have. But OMG, it is so so frustrating.

Everything is ME, ME, ME. You know nothing about me or any of the rest of us for that matter.
    We have to know chapter and verse about you, your friends, your job... Every little detail. And you cannot even pretend an interest in ours.

Why am I letting this get to me? I know what you are like. Just that simple text conversation this evening. Why can you not show the smallest bit of interest of empathy? Just say, oh lord, didn't realise. Just anything. Anything. No, just back with a little smart comment. Just eff off!

Phew, I feel a bit better having got that out of my system. You will never change. You are one of the most manipulative people that I know. And you always were, even as a kid.

And breathe...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Ugh. I hate being a home owner sometimes. Bloody tripped switches!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

can you get out of my head pretty please?
    seriously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Clickbait

Dear Euromillions lottery

You're worth 160 million tomorrow night. Can I get something more than my €4 win last week? A million would be nice, you have it to spare and you probably wouldn't even notice a million.

Thanks, from Clickbait

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Clickbait wrote: »
    Dear Euromillions lottery

You're worth 160 million tomorrow night. Can I get something more than my €4 win last week? A million would be nice, you have it to spare and you probably wouldn't even notice a million.

Thanks, from Clickbait
    ditto :d)))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

You are all I can think about and it is driving me crazy. I try to keep my distance but it is too hard. Is this all me or do you feel the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

To the people I envy, ashamed to admit.

Your so lucky with all youve had and have.

Maybe if I had known both sets of my grandparents, felt loved by both my parents, felt protected by my siblings, felt connected to aunts/uncles/cousins. Had nice neighbours I could walk into and out of their houses. Maybe if I had whatever it is to make long healthy fun friendships ..a home rather than a house...where I co uld be and express myself....maybe if I had all that behind my back....all that support, love and encouragement....all that good stuff that people take for granted...and others cant see what that does for them....maybe I would be like you? Maybe I wouldnt walk around with a puss on my face. Id prob have the love of my life by now and get 156 birthday wishes on fb.

And maybe if u were in my shoes, u would turn out just like me. Im lonesome, I'm almost friendless....i feel **** and shamed about myself. And family....what family?

I wish I had what you have. I wish I had it normal. I wish I had all that good stuff to help me grow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear self,

You can do it atc!!

from me

Jf ya fecker wish u would come after me.

M

Fuk u. Whats new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear self,

Right now when I do my autism presentation I have two slides with audio on them and the rest of the presentation is read out by someone else, I wonder if I could actually stand up and verbally do the presentation (or some of it). That would be amazing :D

From me :)

Me

Well done going to gym classes. Really was in no form to go, but u did. And u managed to not allow ur mind and all the negative thoughts to take over.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I suppose that's my fault as well?

S

You are a lovely person. Really do hope we meet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Is there something there, or are you just being nice? Something tells me it's the latter. I wish I knew.

Mammy,
    I love you and I miss you.

To ..........
    I am sure you are being well looked after today. I hope you feel loss and regret but no doubt you don't. All I feel is the loss. Such a foolish girl to grieve a person such as you. You who stood by and didn't speak up.

Dear.........
    How are you? Well I hope. I'm sitting where you used to work. That's probably six or seven years ago now. I miss you. I do hope you rang your mam today and will spend some time with her. Of course you were always good at keeping in touch with your family. You were my family.

It's Mother's day today, but you put your husband before your daughter every single time, you took his side and allowed him to physically and mentally abuse me.
    When I tried to talk to you about it a few years ago you told me that I was a liar and "That didn't happen"
    When I bumped into you both in the street last year and he ignored me, you did what you'd done all your life and trotted along after him like a good little 1950's housewife.
    You took his side yet again.
    So, it's mother's day today, and I don't have a mother anymore. I feel like s**t all day, but you don't care anymore. You didn't ever care anyway. I'm almost 40 and I still want the mother I never had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Dear Snobby Sis,
    You remember my favourite piece of jewelry you borrowed, to go out one night, five years ago? Ever think of giving it back?
    Cheers, from the wan you always talk down to.

• Advertisement

Excuse me? I "wouldn't understand" because I don't have kids myself and I "have no idea how hard it is"

Fcuk right off! I don't remember anyone forcing you to pop out three of them and still go on about wanting another.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I actually cannot believe you would essentially say I'm lying, when I've brought you proof that what I'm saying is true. This is it, the straw that broke the camel's back. You've treated me like sh*t for long enough, and I've had more than enough. I cannot work with you any longer and need to get out of there asap. Even the thought of having to go in this weekend is making me feel physically sick and I'm not sure if I can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

What's with the chip on your shoulder, that person doesn't owe you anything, so why are you expecting special treatment? You may have been mildly inconvenienced over the long weekend, but that's got nothing to do with him, you had alternatives, they may not have been ideal but you certainly could have managed.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You aren't even a burger, mate.

You are more like a Bushtucker Trial meal that gave me a dose of the trots the last time I was stupid enough go near you all those years ago.

I'll stick with my fillet steak at home thanks.

Cop on that as far as I'm concerned you are about as enticing as raw kangaroo bollocks, stop messaging me and bugger off to tinder yeah?

Me again,

I dreamt of you the other night. It was one of those tormenting type of dreams I do have where it's all feelings and I wake up achy and sad. We had planned to spend the day together and I was so very excited. In the end I lost you and was running from place to place shouting your name. I remember how that felt :( It was urgent and scary. The strange thing is that I found you. I found you and was so happy and I think you were too.

You know what's worse that losing someone to death? Losing someone who is already alive. Selfish thought perhaps. I think it's because the person chooses to leave, to no longer be a part of your life. So I know you exist but not in my world. I can't pick up the phone or turn back time.

People often say "oh no I wouldn't turn the clock back, this is my life now and there's no point thinking about the past". Well I would turn it back. Right back to 2011. It's not even about doing things different. I just want some of those experiences back. Mammy at home and us singing songs together because it's something she remembers how to do. You and me staying up late and eating rubbish, going out and drinking and people coming back, me "looking for love" :)

Do you remember the time we set up a voice recorder app on my phone? I was so nervous about a date and we thought if I recorded some of it that afterwards you could give me feedback :D Of course it was one of many dates that were actually really good but the guy just wasn't interested afterwards. You were there always. Dry my tears and tell me they were stupid anyway.

I miss you all the time. I hope you are well and happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭mojesius

You have no cop on or shame.

Do you honestly think I'd be arsed making the effort to show up for your fellas birthday after you nearly fcuked my wedding up and haven't once asked me how my newborn daughter is or referenced her at all apart from telling me when you were pissed drunk that you 'thought youd be where i am now'.

You are a selfish, self absorbed person. just fcuk off out of my life. i mourned our friendship already but these fcuking digs keep bringing it all back.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭flowerchild

My 13 year old son told me today, with his younger brother next to him, that he thinks he might be bisexual, and will I still love him?

I said to him that my best friend when I was growing up was gay, that I don't care what his sexual preference is, that he chooses friends well and that I am sure that he will choose well when he gets older.

I then said that I love him very much and he still needed to make his bed and put his clothes away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Life, I am so tired of this endless emotional rollercoaster, can you please please just settle, for once!
    This menial survival from crisis to crisis has gone on far too long.
    Tired of being sick inside all the time.
    Does peace even exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Dear Ex,

We are not together anymore I know we share a child but I am not your friend. Your problems are not my problems. Stop trying to burden me with your issues. One on the many reasons we are no longer together is that you are unable to let anything go. I don't care that someone upset you years ago get over it and stop annoying me about it. Keep conversation to our child and go unload your crap onto someone else.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

I’m sorry I don’t have a bank of Mam and Dad to go to!

Advertisement