Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

To all who have flooded fb and intsa with "I believe her".

I dont give a ****.

Ye nor I know what happened what happened that night. Read the whole story. Just because rape was screamed, does not always mean guilty.

If it was the other way around, it would be a different story.

I could be completely wrong, and so could ye. Just stop with the ott posts.

Please god this hype will be over soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I am losing my fucking patience with you, I really am. You better fucking sort this out. I'm beginning to think you have a psychological problem that causes you to do a bad job on everything you put your hand to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Well, this Easter will mark a year - and you're still a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

I hope that in time you’ll truly understand how much your actions affected me.
    Every time you told me I looked **** chipped away at my self esteem a little more. Which you did, nearly every day, when you came in the door to my house, to eat the food I prepared for you.
    Every time you called me fat or stupid or lazy made me die a little bit more inside. Which you did, every time I wanted to relax after a day at work, or was talking about something that didn’t interest you.
    Every time I didn’t want to have sex and you sulked and berated me until I gave in, I wanted to die a little bit more. Which happened all the time, over the last year of the relationship your touch disgusted me more and more, and it became more and more uncertain as to whether or not I’d get a hug or a slap. I felt physically sick lying next to you. That was rape by the way. You breaking me down until I finally gave in and lay there, willing for it all to be over soon. That was rape.
    Every time you insulted my friends and my family I hated you a little more. Every time you got too drunk and told them to **** off, every time you rang me in a rage for spending time with them. Every time you guilted me into spending time with you instead. Every time I became more and more dead inside.
    I nearly died. I needed your concern. Your support. Your compassion. And you made it about you. You couldn’t understand why my parents didn’t greet you with open arms while I was unconscious. They had seen you gradually reduce their daughter to a shell of herself. The watched you slowly break me down until there was nothing left. They watched you control and manipulate me and leave me broken and empty and depressed. My friends all said the exact. Same. Thing. I was physically ill, but the emotional hurt you left me with is worse than any ailment. Although my hospitalization was due to you as well. Remember when you hit my head so hard on the kitchen floor that you broke the tiles? That actually resulted in my seizures and subsequent stroke. I was urged to press charges against you. I said no. Not for you though. Your parents are wonderful people and I wouldn’t put them through that.
    That’s why my father rang you to stay away from me. Although I was furious with him then I now realise it was the best thing I could have done. You’re a coward. If you had an ounce of bravery you would have fought your corner and done the right thing. Or even checked in to see how my recovery was going. I could have died for all you know.
    But you ran away. And I’m glad you did. Because it showed me what a spineless, weak, pathetic individual you are.
    I know you’re too much of a self absorbed waste of space to realise it right now, but I hope you come to realise what you did to me. I hope it haunts your dreams and that you never have a day’s peace in your life because of it. I hope that every woman you meet from now on realises what scum you are quicker than I did.
    And I hope I never have to look at your ugly, sneering, evil face ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I love how tightly you hugged me yesterday.
    Was really nice.
    I let go of you before you let go of me, we both felt it.
    Wish I could feel it more often
    I know we both do,a s you asked for it, even you know we can't.... we both know..
    So friends is okay isn't it.. it has to do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

giggii wrote: »
    I hope that in time you’ll truly understand how much your actions affected me.
    Every time you told me I looked **** chipped away at my self esteem a little more. Which you did, nearly every day, when you came in the door to my house, to eat the food I prepared for you.
    Every time you called me fat or stupid or lazy made me die a little bit more inside. Which you did, every time I wanted to relax after a day at work, or was talking about something that didn’t interest you.
    Every time I didn’t want to have sex and you sulked and berated me until I gave in, I wanted to die a little bit more. Which happened all the time, over the last year of the relationship your touch disgusted me more and more, and it became more and more uncertain as to whether or not I’d get a hug or a slap. I felt physically sick lying next to you. That was rape by the way. You breaking me down until I finally gave in and lay there, willing for it all to be over soon. That was rape.
    Every time you insulted my friends and my family I hated you a little more. Every time you got too drunk and told them to **** off, every time you rang me in a rage for spending time with them. Every time you guilted me into spending time with you instead. Every time I became more and more dead inside.
    I nearly died. I needed your concern. Your support. Your compassion. And you made it about you. You couldn’t understand why my parents didn’t greet you with open arms while I was unconscious. They had seen you gradually reduce their daughter to a shell of herself. The watched you slowly break me down until there was nothing left. They watched you control and manipulate me and leave me broken and empty and depressed. My friends all said the exact. Same. Thing. I was physically ill, but the emotional hurt you left me with is worse than any ailment. Although my hospitalization was due to you as well. Remember when you hit my head so hard on the kitchen floor that you broke the tiles? That actually resulted in my seizures and subsequent stroke. I was urged to press charges against you. I said no. Not for you though. Your parents are wonderful people and I wouldn’t put them through that.
    That’s why my father rang you to stay away from me. Although I was furious with him then I now realise it was the best thing I could have done. You’re a coward. If you had an ounce of bravery you would have fought your corner and done the right thing. Or even checked in to see how my recovery was going. I could have died for all you know.
    But you ran away. And I’m glad you did. Because it showed me what a spineless, weak, pathetic individual you are.
    I know you’re too much of a self absorbed waste of space
    to realise it right now, but I hope you come to realise what you did to me. I hope it haunts your dreams and that you never have a day’s peace in your life because of it. I hope that every woman you meet from now on realises what scum you are quicker than I did.
    And I hope I never have to look at your ugly, sneering, evil face ever again.

You said it xx

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

I’m sorry ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sometimes I just wish you'd decide what you were doing. "I might move to England/America/I might stay here". I know whatever decision you come to is yours to make but I hope you factor me into it. England I could cope with, I did it before, and I'll likely be there myself come September, or even Europe, even though you've never expressed an interest in moving there, but god, America I don't know how I'd deal with that. None of this is any good for my anxiety because knowing me I'll overthink everything and worry myself sick over it. I just need to play it cool, if I try and encourage you in one direction, you'll react by doing the complete opposite probably. So play it cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

We had the best friendship in the world, until we broke it.

And I miss you.

But I miss what we had, not what we become.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭flowerchild

So, I had a two hour meeting today where someone took the most painful episodes in my childhood and adult life and banged mallets into them.

I can really see how people give up on the legal system.

I miss you. And no doubt you just laugh about me.

• Advertisement

Okay so now that you're actually thinking of going to England soon, I don't like this. It was fine when I at least got to have the summer with you, but now that that may not even be happening, I don't know how to feel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Im in absolute dread telling ye. This is something that could possibly the best thing I will have done for myself. Please at least try understand my side of the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

AM - You certainly don't make it easy... You've no comprehension of the inanity of your relentless demands, nor consideration of the trouble you cause (and for absolutely no good reason!) You would never put up with the utter nonsense you put people through. NONE OF IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Dear P

I don't know how much further this friendship can go. I can't continue to have the same, tired conversations in the same, tired cafes. I need to know there is possibility for growth. And right now, I feel like I am doing most of the work.

I have also suggested so many times that we do some kind of activity: a walk to nowhere in particular; a night out; a weekend getaway; joining groups associated with things we have both expressed interests in - just something other than this non-eventful pattern you seem entirely too comfortable with. But you always have an excuse for not wanting to do anything I suggest and yet you never suggest anything.

Dear A

I have replayed the scene in my head a hundred times or more now. And what you said, was entirely uncalled for. But I get it: you want to distance yourself from me now that you have met new people - just wish you actually had the guts to say what you meant rather than the passive aggressive approach you took.

Dear C

I don't want to be part of your political organisation - this is never what I was signing on for. I believe in some of the same things you do, but a lot of what you stand for is completely out of touch with the reality I am faced with every day. So if that's what is required to be your friend, I'm sorry, but I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

God,

If you are out there and listening / reading. Will you please please PLEASE work some magic and bring my Phone back to life again!

Yours patiently,
    Me.
    :mad::mad::(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Hah literally, Thank God!! Teh boy dun gud!! :eek::eek: My Phone is back on and charging after a couple of days dying a death and not looking like it was gonna come out of it! :eek::cool: Yusssss! :cool: I need a big like-a-Boss Baby-Meme to celebrate! :D

I sometimes ask the powers-that-be up there, to stay fine for a day so that I can dry my clothes that I have hanging out and most of the time it does! Am so happy now anyway that my Phone is back on! :) Am glad I stuck at it and didn't feic it in to some Repair-Shop and give them money to go messing about with it! It's technology! It'll probably go again!! But shure if it does we'll have another go and try work some more magic again if it does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I miss you mammy.

Would you people stop intensifying my anxiety levels to skyrocketed proportions?!
    ENOUGH already! Take some responsibility for your own idiocy and STOP making me pay for your incompetence!
    I do not care WHO you think you are, you have proven what you are, repeatedly!
    Sheesh I hate confrontation, and you bring out the absolute worst in me!

Where is the weekend when ya need it most?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

You really need to step back and consider things carefully before reacting so ridiculously.

Try not to believe everything you hear. You're setting yourself up for a lifetime of anger and being looked upon as difficult, unless you change.

Time to take a deep breath and just relax a bit. Life's too short.

You insist we are best friends, yet when it comes down to it, I'm always the only one (of all of your acquaintances) left completely out of the loop, standing outside looking in - even when I reach out to support you. It wouldn't hurt so much if you didn't insist I was family.... and you wonder why I distance myself ...there was never any closeness to be found in this ...empty hologram.

• Advertisement

Last night was magic. The weather, the place, the vibes. It really is the unplanned things that are better. How did I get to be so lucky? Pure magic.

I had this mad idea the other day. That's where you work. I'll go in and ask for you! Jaysus.
    Miss you every day and it never gets easier. Sometimes I think that all of the missing I feel for you, the intensity of it, is because others are mixed up inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm sorry I ever gave you a chance. Even with the PhD and all the money, you still only amount to be a lowlife. Fcking cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Dear M,

I'm tired of having to make such an effort with you. We've known each other for 15 years. You're supposed to be one of my closest friends, and yet it's always me making the effort to meet you; me texting to see if you want to meet up, or when you're free, or how you are. I told you my anxiety was backed with a vengeance and practically begged you to spend time with me, but in the six weeks since I haven't had so much as an "how are you" text. After what you told me on the phone on Friday - so casually, like it'd never cross your mind that it would hurt me - I don't know what to feel. A bit lonely, a bit angry, but mostly just really, really sad.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

How can you have such a lack of respect for someone else's property? Karma will come back to bite you, don't worry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭rubiesarered

I been burnt badly in the past but I think you're the real deal and I've found myself a good one. Be patient with me - I'm trying to not let my past relationship disasters colour the way I interact with you. I'm falling for you but I'm so afraid of getting hurt again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear S,

Thank you for meeting me halfway and communicating with me, I hope no more things go wrong

From ATC:)

Again with the changing your mind, please stop getting my hopes up and then letting me down. Don't commit to something until you're fully sure either way. Although maybe I should've known that you're likely to change your mind, so maybe it's my fault

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Dear W,

Was it you outside the a in v the other day? It was just starting to rain and I had my head down. I suddenly looked up and saw a man walking almost beside me. We walked by each other and after I passed you I realized was that it may have been you.

I was wondering if you met me would you at least say hello. You do know if I saw you slightly sooner I would have said hello. We could have talked.
    I know you treated me badly in the past but in some ways it made me the person I am today.

So much has happened to us both since then. Are you happy the life you have now? Is it all you expected to be after wanting it for so long?
    Was it worth doing all that you did to get it?

I know that someone we know in common would have told you a few things about my life since then but I would not believe all that you heard.

I have decided to contact you in the next few weeks. I would like to meet you on your own for a chat. I want to explain and clear up a few things with you. I think you owe me at least that much after all of the times I supported you in the past.

I know you will be surprised at what I have to say to you. I may have made mistakes in the past but show me someone who has not. I know I learned from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Why can you not grow up, you borrowed the money it needs to be paid back end of story. I do not want to contact you I want you out of my life for good, you have taken enough from me. I'm very happy where I am now and I won't let you spoil my life anymore.

Advertisement