Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

To the gods above

Fingers and toes crossed this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

So we have only broken up less than a week, and you are back online looking for a new relationship . I'm so hurt right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

Valyawl wrote: »
    So we have only broken up less than a week, and you are back online looking for a new relationship . I'm so hurt right now

So sorry your going through this x

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I had hoped you’d be the Wade to my Vanessa.

N,

We just had a lovely lunch and a catch up. I can’t believe you’re moving to America tomorrow. You’re my best friend. You’ve been my rock these past few months when things have been so hard for me. I knew I could always reach out to you, no matter what time of day or night. I don’t know what I’m going to do without you. I know we said we’ll skype and FaceTime, but it’s not the same. You knew when I was going down into a hole after my breakup and when things got tough at home, and you knew how to pull me out of it. You listened to me rant and cry over C more times than I could count, and you never lost your patience with me. I appreciate that more than I could ever explain.

I know you’re going through a tough time at the moment with your dad being sick and the move, and I hope I’ve been half as good a friend to you as you are to me. I’m excited for you to start this new chapter of your life, and I’m so happy for you, but I’m going to miss you so much. I’ll see you in a few months for B & V’s wedding, but it feels so far away.

Have a ball, be safe, and do what you have to do. I love you.

• Advertisement

Dear Human Hot Water Bottle,

I’m so sick of thinking about you. I want nothing more than to forget you and move on, but it’s taking longer than I’d hoped. Talking about you in counselling hasn’t helped I guess. But it’s something I needed to talk about, as you had a massive impact on me, whether I like it or not. You are just one part of a jigsaw puzzle in my head that I’m trying to piece together. I need to get this off my chest, but I have no intention of ever contacting you again, in any form, because you’ve made it clear you don’t want anything to do with me. Which hurt, but I’m getting over it.

I loved being with you. I was happy with my life as it was, but you made everything better. I was happy, but you just enhanced that. I had forgotten how much an impact one person can have. You made me feel safe, in the best possible way. Being with you, felt like home. And as you said, it felt like I had met my fellow weirdo. I was head over heels for you, from the very beginning. It surprised me, how strongly I felt about you. I got butterflies in my stomach every time I got a text from you, or spoke to you, or saw you. I couldn’t get enough of you. You weren’t perfect, neither was I, but I firmly believed you were perfect for me. I thought I was perfect for you. Hell you told me that I pretty much ticked all your boxes.

You had me convinced that you felt for me as I felt for you, and that you saw a future with me. You constantly told me how things with me were different, that they just worked, that we just clicked, and that it was good that we were so comfortable with each other. You told me how rare it was for you to meet someone you were genuinely interested in, and you were in me. Our chemistry was undeniable, when even complete strangers were commenting on it. You were always telling me how amazing I was, and how pretty I am. You brought me home to meet your parents. Not only that, you brought me to meet your granny, and I knew how big a deal that was. Or at least, that’s what you told me. We talked about the future, about going on holiday,spending time together over Christmas etc, and other personal things. But a few weeks after bringing me home to meet your family, you were breaking up with me. I couldn’t understand what went wrong. It would have been easier for me if you hadn’t had said all of those things to me, or introduced me to your family, because then I wouldn’t have gotten my hopes up.

Everyone is entitled to change their mind, don’t get me wrong, and you didn’t owe me a relationship. I just wish you had done that before I started to believe that I had found the right person for me. I fell so hard for you, it surprised me. I didn’t expect to fall so hard so fast. But you made me believe you felt the same way. I cared for you unconditionally. I let my guard down, and I got so badly hurt, which is exactly what I was afraid of.

It hurt me that you never talked to me about how you were feeling about us, and that you weren’t honest with me. For someone who said he needs to be with someone who’s open about what they feel, you didn’t do that with me, in my opinion. I wish you had told me exactly what you needed from me, because I would’ve done everything in my power to give it to you. I admit I didn’t open up too much about what happened with my mum. I’ve been seeing my counsellor pretty much every week since December, and it’s only now that I’m starting to talk to her about what happened. For crying out loud only last week did I tell her absolutely everything. I had hoped that you would’ve been more patient with me, given your background. But you were impatient. And that wasn’t fair. I needed time. I would’ve opened up eventually, but it wasn’t going to happen overnight. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I hope that you aren’t that impatient with your clients.

I would’ve done anything to be with you, within reason. I would’ve been happy to spend my days off with you and I didn’t mind travelling up so we could see each other more regularly. I wanted to see you more often, but I know you were under pressure for your time with everything else and I didn’t want to put more pressure on you. I would’ve moved, eventually. I didn’t want to be in a long distance relationship for a long period of time.

You hurt my feelings with that message you sent me the night you broke up with me when you were trying to be “nice”. On one hand you were dumping me, but on the other you were saying how amazing I was and how I was the most honest, kind hearted, loving, incredible women you’d been with. The contradiction was unbearable. It felt so detached, and read like it was lifted straight from a textbook. I felt like I wasn’t good enough. I questioned what was wrong with me, that even though I’m being told how amazing I am, I’m still not enough. Especially knowing your past relationship history. It ****ed with my head for a long time. And when we met in January, you drove the knife in even further. When I said that I felt you blurred the line between therapist and boyfriend, and you said that that’s what you thought I needed, my heart shattered all over again. You made me feel like I was a project, something that needed to be fixed. I started to wonder had you only been with me because you saw me as way for you to use your ‘skills’ or to practice on. I really hope that wasn’t the case, because it would be so unbearably cruel.

Therapy has helped me immensely. It’s hard, but I’m determined to give it my all. I needed it, but that was something I needed to realise myself. There’s nothing wrong with me, but I have pushed my grief over mum’s death so far down for so long that I never really dealt with it. I’m dealing with it now. There has been a lot for me to work through, stuff I never even realised was there until now, but I’m working on it. I’ve learned a lot about myself by going through this process, and I’m more comfortable in my own skin than I have been in a very long time. I’ve started to actually live life, and any goal I’ve set myself so far this year, I’ve achieved. I’ve lost weight, pushed myself fitness wise (if you thought my booty was amazing before, it’s even better now!), ran a half marathon, filmed a TV ad (which I find funny given that out of the 2 of us I’m the one who got on TV first), and opened up a lot more to my friends and family. I still have so much more that I want to do. I have a fire in my belly that I haven’t had since before I started in my career. I haven’t done any of these things because of you, but you were ultimately the catalyst that started this change. I will continue to fight to improve myself, but I’m also starting to understand that I am just fine as I am. I love the person that I am. I sometimes wonder would things between us have been different if we met now, but thinking like that is pointless. You made your decision, and that’s it. I will meet a man who sees me for the absolute catch that I am. I will have the relationship that M&A have. And if I never meet him, then that’s fine too.

I want you to be happy, I really do, but I hope you’re not sabotaging yourself. You are the only person that can make you happy, you can’t rely on other people to do it for you. Other people can only add to what’s already there. I know I made you happy, and in turn you made me so incredibly happy. I don’t know if you still live in the same house, but if you do, for **** sake work your ass off this summer, save like crazy, and move the **** out. Stop eating **** food. Get your ass into the gym. Stop being so hard on yourself. Life is too short.

Over and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I miss u so much. I crave u so much. I want u back.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm so glad I told you to stop messaging me and finally, finally stood up for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Please don't make me regret this..

I know I need to be strong but I'm just so sad. I wish I could fast forward time and be over you. You have moved on straight away I'm so angry with you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

K, you win. I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thank you, for caring. Although we will never meet again in this life, and although you are across wide oceans and many lands , you still support me in so many ways that enable me to live in my old age here on this lovely isolated ocean island. Thank you.

I’ve struggled with how I want to put how I feel into words. Sometimes I’m not good and transcribing my thoughts into words. Writing on my blog has helped in that regard and I’ve found its been very therapeutic for me. That blog has helped me in so many ways, and has allowed my friends to understand me better.

I want to thank you. When we were together you made me feel like I was the most amazing woman in the world. You made me feel loved, cared for, sexy, and appreciated. You made me want to be a better person. You made me want to challenge myself, and push myself to be the best possible version of myself. I felt like I could do anything.

When I met you I was at a very strange time in my life. I thought I was comfortable with who I was and that I was happy with my lot. But after meeting you, I realised that wasn’t the case. I wanted so much more out of life. And only after losing you, getting rejected for the job, getting the news about E being so sick, and going through that pain did I really start to do something about it. In a way, it’s probably a good thing you didn’t agree to give things another go at the start of the year, as much as I hated it at the time. If you had, I don’t know if I’d be in the position that I’m in right now, where I’m finally moving out of home into the most beautiful house I’ve ever seen, have a much better, open and honest relationship with my dad and E, have stronger friendships, making so much progress in therapy, and just so much happier in myself than I have been in years. Or maybe I would, I’ll never know. I’m over being bitter and petty about the breakup. I was hurt, and I lashed out a bit. I’m ashamed of my reaction but I can’t change it. I’m sorry.

I’ve worked on myself, and I’ve grown so much since I met you. Part of me wishes I was making this progress with you by my side but I’ve done it alone, and that’s something I’m proud of. I almost don’t recognise the girl I was when I met you, where I was too scared to talk about what happened with my parents and the struggles I went through. Being that closed off seems so foreign to me now.

I never wanted to be the girl who was with a guy because she needed him. I want to be the girl who’s with the guy because she wants him. I wanted you. I still do. But I think I needed to meet you to get to this point of my life. These past few months have been hard, but I’m grateful for everything I went through, both personally and professionally. I still think you’re one of the most amazing people I’ve ever met, and I miss you. Our circumstances were far from ideal, but our time together meant so much to me.

I know I’ve done the hard work myself, and no-one is responsible for my happiness except me, but I’m so thankful for you. You made everything better. You made me better. You helped me become the woman I’ve always wanted to be. And I’ll always be grateful for that.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I love you so much and it's breaking my heart that you're so sad all the time. I wish there was something - anything - I could do make you feel better, but I now the one thing you want is something no one can can give you. I feel so helpless. I just want you to feel better again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Funny how I figured it was yesterday, was thinking of you (as if it would even matter to you.)

Glad she enriches your life, guess I wouldnt've been able to done that, so.

I just saw you in town , you didn't see me. You looked like you had not a care in the world smiling while on your phone , meanwhile I feel like you have broken up with me all over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭flowerchild

I feel such melancholy. Miss our meaningless banter.

"Its loves illusions I recall. I really don't know love at all"

You rang. It was as if no time had passed and also like decades had. You sounded well on the phone but some things you said made me wonder. This time four years ago, this time five years ago, this time six years ago, and on and on I go back. It was really amazing to talk but I wanted to say more. I wanted to say:
    Are you happy?
    I love you.
    I'm sorry.
    I wish we could be close again
    Will you be ok?
    Do you remember when?
    Are you still the same person?
    I get lonely
    Life isn't how I thought it would be
    Is it how you hoped?
    Why don't you have a steady job?

Still. It was more than I thought would ever happen. So thrilled to hear your voice. It's ok if it's another few years. I understand. We have to keep moving forward don't we.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

You really don't realise how hurtful you can be.

“If only you could see yourself in my eyes, you’d see you shine you shine.”

(Not my words but Dermot Kennedy’s)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

I hope we don't drift apart, I want you in my life.

L: Damn you!! >:-I

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Night, I love and miss you. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Fcuk off shaming another mother because "She decided to bottle feed". You might have breastfeed all yours, but it's a shame you didn't bother to teach them any manners. Your eldest child is a brazen spoilt brat, screaming and throwing tantrums everytime she doesn't get her own way. All of that amazing breastfeeding you did has been well cancelled out now by the sheer amount of crap that your kids eat. You never say no to them because you know that will result in another meltdown.

Also, you need to stop constantly bad mouthing and b***hing about your husband. You don't realise how well off you are with him. He's one of the good guys and you're too stupid and selfish to realise it. You should try being in my friends shoes and married to an abusive alcoholic piece of s**t, yet she can't leave him because she literally has no place to go. Oddly enough her kids are two of the nicest, most polite, lovely children I have ever met because even though she's going through so much herself, the one thing she says she is able to do is look after her kids.

I hope she gets out soon and I hope your poor browbeaten husband finally sees the light and leaves you. Then you might realise how much he actually does for you.
    Oh, and as for your comment about mothers who "farm their children out to babyminders instead of staying home with them", you'd be in the same situation only that your poor husband works his a**e off because you're too bloody lazy too.

Don't EVER again let me hear you judge another woman. You're far from perfect yourself!

So you're going on holiday next week. Do me an absolutely massive favour and don't come back. Ever.

Well you'll all know exactly who my previous post was about now anyway!

Yes mother in law, we all know you're going on holidays at the end of the week. You've mentioned it often enough. Best of luck with the flight. I hope your broomstick is up to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I seem to be having arguments with everybody in my head today!!

P - we seem to keep coming back to the same issues. you just don't bother your backside. Everything is left up to me, im quietly working away in the background doing all that stuff that nobody notices but still needs to be done. If I leave anything up to you, you just don't bother, It's like I've to hold your hand and guide you along, I've to decide on everything and you just sit back.

F - plans changed, someone else told me that they told you but obliviously they didn't. *rolls eyes*

M - I know you meant well with your comment and you did mean it as a compliment, there was no bitchiness there. But I hate being singled out like that, I'm well aware of it - but I don't think anyone understands that it has set me apart from others for the past 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Anna2834

What goes around comes around dear G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭A Summer In Provence

Dearest You,

You were one of the few people in this world I trusted enough to be completely myself.

You were special, a bit fcuking touched at times but you were so very special to me.

You are no longer around but I want to thank you for helping me to change my life for the better!

Lots of love always,

ASIP :):):) xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Dear amazing guy,

Well, this is unexpected. You are so different from my usual guy. You’re a man to all the previous boys. You’re so open and honest and available to me. You’re so embracing of me. And separate to all of this loveliness between us, you’re such an impressive, inspiring, admirable man. Maybe that’s the best part.

None of this makes any sense. You are there and I am here. You are busy and I am busier. We’re at totally different life stages.

But you make me smile every single day. You call when you say you’ll call. You’re making all these plans with me. We’re on so many similar pages despite the gulf between us. And you like me as I like you.

Thank you for liking me and seeing me.

Your Irish girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Your words say one thing, but your actions say another. I don’t know which one to believe and what to do

Advertisement