Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

PMs sent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I can't wear open toed shoes too, I have fairly bad scars on my feet and no one needs to see that.

Sometimes the pretty shoes break my heart. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ooooh, shiney new forum, and no threads in it yet. So tempted to post an "In before the Charter" thread but I think Bobblehead might ban me for making a mess of the place.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'll ban your face.

Try using the Beauty forum then. :cool:

(Not that it's working or anything it seems.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Does anyone know of a good online store to buy Lancome Bifacil?

• Advertisement

As I said in the other thread, I am waiting until Beauty appears on the list of forums that threads can be moved to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

As I said in the other thread, I am waiting until Beauty appears on the list of forums that threads can be moved to.
    Apologies, I didn't see that post.

What thread was it in?

This one. :)

Okay, just checked again there and I've moved some threads that I'd planned on moving. Will take a look at your ones now Purple_Bobbin.

Edit: Done. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I have a couple of bunions courtesy of my stubbornness to wear a pair of Topshop plimsolls, I hate my feet.

Urgh...I'm developing a really nasty one on my right foot! I think its because my right foot is slightly bigger than the left so shoes are always tight on it- to go up a size means it won't stay on the other foot though! It's actually agonising if I'm wearing heels and knock it against anything. I have horrible long skinny feet anyway so this is just making them look weirder. I tried on a lovely pair of sandals in Office a while ago but they made my toes look like fingers so it's closed toes for me forever I think:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Semele it would be worth going up to the next shoe size and getting an insole or something for that one. I have the same problem, my right shoes are always too big, but with an insole and sometimes a heel grip they're perfect, wouldn't even notice them. My poor mother has really bad bunions from wearing ill fitting court shoes when she was in her early 20's (part of then work uniform) and she hates them, one really hurts if she walks a lot, changes the shape of all her shoes (of the ones that actually fit her, only certain types do), so I've always been wary of not wearing heels too much and always making sure shoes aren't too tight.

A friend of mine had bunions by 23 due to her love of crazy heels, by 40 she'll be crippled with them, and the surgery to correct them requires flats to be worn after, so either way she won't be able to wear heels if she keeps going now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Still abroad, going to a Zara super mega outlet store tomorrow... EXCITEMENT!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^
    Jealous. Zara is so good at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

@Lorrrrraine: Saw the link to your blog in "Eyeliner for green eyes?", love that you have a post about the yellow satchel! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Have to say that I'm lovin' the new Beauty sub forum. It's not a topic that holds much interest for me and now the clothes/fashion side of the forum is a lot more man friendly. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

OldGoat wrote: »
    Have to say that I'm lovin' the new Beauty sub forum. It's not a topic that holds much interest for me and now the clothes/fashion side of the forum is a lot more man friendly. :)

+1

To me, there also seems to be more men posting in general, either starting threads themselves or posting in existing ones.

I don't know if that's as a result of moving all the beauty stuff to the sub-forum or just a general trend but either way, it's certainly a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Haven't been on boards much lately, Have to say the beauty forum was an excellent idea. F&A is much more user friendly now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Susie_Q wrote: »
    You get extra thanks for not posting a picture of nail varnish!
    What? :confused:

Quoted post here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I always got the impression that the wdywt thread was for clothes and accessories and make up applications and how people style themselves on a day to day basis/ going out/ dressing up/special occasions etc. Didn't really think it was for people to just post pics of their nails alone. I can understand people adding in what colour they had painted them if it was something that complimented the outfit and they had also posted the outfit but having just pictures of nails and bottles on the thread never really sat with me right. Thankfully, the nail polish thread in the Beauty sub-forum should mean that people can post there now instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have to say the nail polish posts wrecked my head, the WDYWT thread turned into nothing but pictures of hands!

Another reason to love the beauty forum :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Glad you're all happy with it! Subforums and the likes take some time to requested and granted, but we got there in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I always got the impression that the wdywt thread was for clothes and accessories and make up applications and how people style themselves on a day to day basis/ going out/ dressing up/special occasions etc. Didn't really think it was for people to just post pics of their nails alone. I can understand people adding in what colour they had painted them if it was something that complimented the outfit and they had also posted the outfit but having just pictures of nails and bottles on the thread never really sat with me right. Thankfully, the nail polish thread in the Beauty sub-forum should mean that people can post there now instead.

Amen!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Anyone here heading to the Galway Vintage Fashion & Decor Fair this Sunday?

There's always such beautiful dresses etc at these events, generally none I'd fit into (too tall/big boobed!) but I love looking at the hats, jewellery etc. I've sent my Nan's jewellery to be cleaned to wear to it, just wish it was in winter and I'd wear her lovely fur coat too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Thoughts on Sheer/See Through tops? I have one I borrowed from a friend and I want to wear it tonight, everyone says it's best with a purple bra underneath but I don't know if I should wear it with a tank? I'm comfortable either way tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Thoughts on Sheer/See Through tops? I have one I borrowed from a friend and I want to wear it tonight, everyone says it's best with a purple bra underneath but I don't know if I should wear it with a tank? I'm comfortable either way tbh.

I think they're nice with a nice bra underneath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

There is an excellent sale on at Karen Millen and Littlewoods at the moment for anyone who might be interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Might be in the wrong place but..
    I have a mexican themed party this weekend.
    Anyone seen any mexican/spanish prints anywhere??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Advertisement