Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Didn't like Kate's dress at all. I didn't feel it did her figure any favours and the bottom of it looked like it had been dragged through a field. I love the 1920's style head-dress though. I'm not really a fan of Kate Moss any way. Her bridesmaids were all so cute!

Wow, Princess Charlene doesn't exactly have that beaming look brides usual do on their wedding day, eh? Dress is okay. I like her hair. It's quite similar to how Grace Kelly wore her hair back in the 50's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Charlene's dress is alright, I really don't like the collar/straps style, or the detailing on the bust. Not a big fan.

Kate had so many bridesmaids! Who did the kids all belong to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Charlene Wittstock looks like a very unhappy bride. I didn't even notice the dress...........When they kissed yesterday he had his eyes open and she was literally cringing. I thought the rumours that she had tried to run away were nonsense but seeing them today I think it must be true. Such a difference compared to how happy William and Kate looked. I expected more from Armani the dress did not compliment her swimmers shoulders. The comparisons to Grace Kelly can't be easy. Grace was a one off, the most classy elegant woman in hollywood. It must be impossible to compete.

Charlene-Wittstock-vs.-Grace-Kelly.jpg

Kate Moss looked effortlessly chic as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Kate Moss looks beautiful I think. She's just on the right side of "hippy" without looking "dippy" :D I wonder were all the kids a 2 for 1 deal - buy the dreses, get the kids free ;)

As for the blue dress, I can only assume it was a gift from a designer friend which she felt she couldn't refuse to wear. It's too authentically 70s, especially with those boots! I think I've seen pictures of my mom in similar!

I think Charlene looks like a regular bride - nothing special. Those rumours though appear to be the surface of a troubled relationship. The prince has apparently had a string of affairs and fathered two children by different women, which he only admitted to after the results of paternity testing. She's not well-liked in Monaco at all by people who think the prince should have chosen a Monagasque.

Not always happily ever after when you marry a prince :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

If you go and likeHorse and June's facebook page and scroll down to a photo entitled "Friday Freebie' like that photo, you can win the piece of vintage clothing shown! My friend owns the store, so I can vouch for the authenticity of it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Great boots where did you pick them up?and she like them?

I got them from eBay. When they were out in the shop last year I didn't like them but they've grown on me over time. The seller is based in the UK and didn't want to ship them outside of the UK so I had to get them posted to my sister. They should hopefully arrive this week.

Most of her skirts are leather so before I give them to her I'd like to buy her a skirt made from some other material. I was thinking something along the lines of a dark pinstripe pencil skirt with a slit. Something along the lines of the below:

http://www.google.com/search?q=pinstripe+penicl+skirt&rls=com.microsoft:en-ie:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=909

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I really don't like either of those wedding dresses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I really like Kate's dress. But Charlene's, I think it's awful. So plain and and old fashioned looking. Not vintage, just old! It actually kind of reminds me of my aunty's wedding dress, but she got married in 1994!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I really like Kate's dress, it's quite unusual but she really pulls it off! Does anyone else think her skin doesn't look great in the photos? It's just seems really dull and lacking colour.

I went to Sephora today! Why Twee WHY?! Didn't buy anything, but have made a list. Definitely going to get the Urban Decay Naked Pallet and some brushes. Gonna get one of the sales advisors to help me with a red lipstick as well. Gingers need red too! Also I think I found a good dupe for Nars Orgasm lipgloss. Will have to investigate further.

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    I went to Sephora today! Why Twee WHY?! Didn't buy anything, but have made a list. Definitely going to get the Urban Decay Naked Pallet and some brushes. Gonna get one of the sales advisors to help me with a red lipstick as well. Gingers need red too! Also I think I found a good dupe for Nars Orgasm lipgloss. Will have to investigate further.

New York can drive you demented sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

What do ye think of the Naked pallet? I'd love to get it but does one person really need so many brown eyeshadows?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Looking at the photographs of the church ceremony they didn't really look too happy. She's gorgeous but she really needed to smile a bit.
    Larianne wrote: »
    Wow, Princess Charlene doesn't exactly have that beaming look brides usual do on their wedding day, eh? Dress is okay. I like her hair. It's quite similar to how Grace Kelly wore her hair back in the 50's.

To be fair I think this is just her demeanour, not sure if I would attribute it entirely to wedding woes. I met her briefly when they were over for the State visit a couple of months ago and she was exactly the same - not a smiley person at all.

I like the neckline of her dress, but the rest of it is a bit... meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Wonder if it is true?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010834/Monaco-royal-wedding-Charlene-Wittstock-tried-run-away-3-times.html

She looks uncomfortable in this photo, or maybe it is just me.

article-2010834-0CD71E6300000578-331_634x351.jpg

If it is true, then I personally don't blame her for trying to flee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh, Sephora is so good! When I was in NY I found it impossible to ever walk past one! Thank god there is no Sephora over here because I would be broke, that's all I'm sayin'.

You having a good time? (:

What do ye think of the Naked pallet? I'd love to get it but does one person really need so many brown eyeshadows?? :confused:

I have to say I really liked the look of it. There's a lot of shades I will get good use out of, specifically the bronze and pink ones. Also some nice matte shades too, which are always good to have as bases or for a subtle smoky eye.

Gonna go to the MAc Pro store this week too maybe, that will be exciting!
    Novella wrote: »
    Oh, Sephora is so good! When I was in NY I found it impossible to ever walk past one! Thank god there is no Sephora over here because I would be broke, that's all I'm sayin'.

You having a good time? (:

It's just too good! I want it all!

I am indeed, but still unemployed unfortunately :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Exuberant

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/man-jumps-into-liffey-to-save-pet-rabbit-169390-Jul2011/#slide-slideshow4

Anyone hear about this? One of the funniest and nicest things I've heard of in a long time!

Exuberant wrote: »
    http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/man-jumps-into-liffey-to-save-pet-rabbit-169390-Jul2011/#slide-slideshow4

Anyone hear about this? One of the funniest and nicest things I've heard of in a long time!

Poor bunny :(
    Fair play to yer man who jumped in and saved him, so many people wouldn't.
    I had a pet rabbit when I was a child, lovely sweet animals :)

I have to say I really liked the look of it. There's a lot of shades I will get good use out of, specifically the bronze and pink ones. Also some nice matte shades too, which are always good to have as bases or for a subtle smoky eye.

Gonna go to the MAc Pro store this week too maybe, that will be exciting!

Oh that's good. I'm heading to the States in November, if Naked is still around then I might just buy it!

Can anyone go to the MAC Pro Stores? :D

• Advertisement

Oh that's good. I'm heading to the States in November, if Naked is still around then I might just buy it!

Yeah it's $48, not sure how that compares to the euro price. And you get the little eye shadow primer in it too.

Can anyone go to the MAC Pro Stores? :D

Yep! I'm just reading the Yelp page for it here and some people are saying you need a pro-card to shop there and others are adamant that you don't. I'll stop by and see. I kind of just want to have a good look at all the stuff :D. I've been to Mac in Bloomingdales and the store at Union Sq so far and they've always been crazy packed. I've a feeling this one will be quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ah, Sephora. <3

The Naked palette is amazing! Myself, my sister and three friends all bought it recently in the space of a month. We're all totally in love! Gorgeous colours and very versatile. I've done two different styles of smokey eye with already.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I love Sephora! I came back from NY with soooo much stuff, they're everywhere. You should try look at drugstore makeup too - the likes of Duane Reid etc has really good stock of makeup you can't get here. I've been to Sephora in Nice and wasn't too impressed, it was more expensive than here :(

ETA - I can't wear most of the colours in the Naked palette, as the browns are too warm for my skin tone and make me look like I have some funky eye disease, which is strange considering I can wear every other colour without any problems.

jenizzle wrote: »
    I love Sephora! I came back from NY with soooo much stuff, they're everywhere. You should try look at drugstore makeup too - the likes of Duane Reid etc has really good stock of makeup you can't get here. I've been to Sephora in Nice and wasn't too impressed, it was more expensive than here :(

ETA - I can't wear most of the colours in the Naked palette, as the browns are too warm for my skin tone and make me look like I have some funky eye disease, which is strange considering I can wear every other colour without any problems.

Yes, I forgot about the drugstores. I got lots of Sally Hansen polishes and nail art pens in Walgreens.

OK so I went to Mac Pro today! It certainly is hidden away, like in an office building! Walking distance from both Macy's and Union Sq, so you'll be in the area if you're shopping in NY. Very cool to look at certainly, and found the staff helpful. Got a look at the Semi Precious collection too. It is simply amazing! I'm low on money this week but I hope I can get one of the compacts, maybe an eye shadow too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Oh Twee, I've been having fits of green-eyed hatred every morning.
    I need to stop reading your posts in the morning before work. <3

*Looks at own lack of shiny things*
    *broods*

:pac:

I got a tad excited when an An Post fan pulled up outside the office door and the driver jumped in the back. I thought the Barleys were here but no....... it was another smaller much less interesting package for me.

Goes back to waiting......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm intreagued (nosey) now. What was in the package? :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'm intreagued (nosey) now. What was in the package? :)

Hehe nothing fashion related unfortunately. Just some accessories for a bicycle, a new rear light and some grips. Exciting huh?! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Vicarious parcel post opening - thats a brilliant way to spend my Wednesday mornings. We should do this more often. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement