Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make up/foundation to match Fake Tan on Body????

Options
  • 08-06-2011 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hi - can anyone recommend a good foundation that will match fake tanned body??? i love wearing fake tan but then i can never get my foundation to match - ever!!! and it looks ridiculous!! i like to go darkish with my tan - its only spray on loreal or one of those but i have bought so many founadtions based on make up counter girls recommendations but nothing ever matches...any advice on products would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

when I put on tan I usually put a really light coating on my face - I usually just tap the mitt against my face and this gives a light glow.

Then I use a bit of bronzer to blend. I do have a foundation a couple of shades darker as well I use if needs be.

I wouldnt put a crazy dark tan on my body though so I find this works well and gives me a nice healthy look rather than a mahogany tanned look

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Clonjess

i never go too dark either - dont like that look at all!!! ill try the mitt on face - i dont normally put any tan on my face so ill try it and see! thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Your best is to do your tan then go to the makeup counter, they should be well able to match it up!!!!

i have done!!! but it must be the lighting in the shop because even when i get home i just feel they dont match very well!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Go to the shop with your tan on and ask the girls to suggest one and also to give a few shade samples lighter and darker than the one you have on so you can try them yourself at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I use Estee Lauder Double Wear in Tawny. It matches my Sally Airbrush Legs in Tan. I blend the lines with a bronzer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JO Shoe

I buy my normal foundation in a dark shade. Then when I have tan on I blend it with my normal foundation so that it matches my tan. If my tan comes out a bit darker that day I can add a little bit more of the darker foudation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

What about mixing some fake tan with some facial moisturiser?

Or I know clinique do a fake tan for your face? You could try them. I'm sure other brands must do something similar.

Or dust a bronzing powder over your usual make up?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I mix my foundation and fake tan together and apply with a foundation brush.

I normally use Sally Hansen, so spray some really closely on the foundation on my hand when I'm applying it. Usually works but if the tan is still standing out a bit more, I use a bronzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 chogxox

Hey! You should try the MAC Face & Body. I use it all the time, its a fab foundation with lots of different shades you can mix to tailor make for the colour you want, it lasts for ages and can be used all over the body too. I've used it many times to patch up fake tan emergencies!

Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement

thanks a mill - will head into Mac tomorrow make up free and try the face and body stuff!!

Advertisement