Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

phasers wrote: »
    Finally, a use for my hot glue gun! My house is going to SPARKLE

:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Finally got around to booking a hair cut! This Wednesday afternoon, and I'm going out that night so I'm gonna ask for a lovely big blow dry :D So excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think our lives are beginning to mirror each other's lives! I'm also getting a haircut on Wednesday afternoon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I really must get my hair done too. It's too long. But my hairdresser is on holidays for another week and a half...boo!

Does anyone know if hard/soft water can affect your skin?

My skin has gone crazy in the last week, I've been spot free for the last 5 months and now I've broken out like crazy. My diet/exercise, cleansing etc are all the exact same. The only difference is I'm now in Ireland and I'm not getting as much sunlight as I was in the previous couple of months..

It's sore, almost like hormonal acne, and it's only on my chin too..

• Advertisement

^ Whenever I move countries my skin goes to shit. My Dad lives in France and whenever I go/return from there...bad skin! Was in Germany for a month last year and the whole time I was over there my skin was terrible again. Could be purely coincidental...but I think not!

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Although, it didn't happen as bad at Christmas time when I was in Ireland. Also, it doesn't get bad and then improve in france, it just improves.. Annoying, either way! :mad:

I think our lives are beginning to mirror each other's lives! I'm also getting a haircut on Wednesday afternoon. :D

Haha no way, we'll be only fabulous before our big moves :D

The hairdresser I wanted wasn't available, so I've taken a chance on a senior stylist recommended by the receptionist. I must have sounded like a mad woman to the receptionist, explaining why I need a really good hairdresser. "MY HAIR IS LONG AND CURLY AND IT NEVER GETS CUT RIGHT PLEASE GIVE ME SOMEONE REALLY GOOD THANK YOU" :pac: The last guy I went to was fantastic, he left my hair to air dry for a bit, without combing, before even going near it with a scissors, so he could see the shape and how the curls fall. Best cut I ever had!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Twee. wrote: »

The hairdresser I wanted wasn't available, so I've taken a chance on a senior stylist recommended by the receptionist. I must have sounded like a mad woman to the receptionist, explaining why I need a really good hairdresser. "MY HAIR IS LONG AND CURLY AND IT NEVER GETS CUT RIGHT PLEASE GIVE ME SOMEONE REALLY GOOD THANK YOU" :pac: The last guy I went to was fantastic, he left my hair to air dry for a bit, without combing, before even going near it with a scissors, so he could see the shape and how the curls fall. Best cut I ever had!

reminds me of my hairdresser, treating each head of hair as unique. sHE spents a good deal of time asking questions about my scalp/wash patterns, how it looks at different times of the day and trying to figure out different styles i can do based on the cut (up dos, down dos).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I'm in on Friday hoping to get something drastic done. hopefully there will be no disasters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

For all those who got the city deal for a Hollywood or brazillian with galligan group the offer is extended till the end of the month! :) happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

For all those who got the city deal for a Hollywood or brazillian with galligan group the offer is extended till the end of the month! :) happy days!
    Can I ask where you saw/got this info please hun?

I wonder if they've extended the voucher because of the problems some people we having trying to get through to the Galligan group to get appointments.

I definitely wouldn't go near the Galligan group after the trouble I had trying to get through to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I popped into them after work today. They are booked solid this week. She said to get weekend or evening appointments was like gold dust!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I havent used up mine yet because I was having trouble booking :( im gonna book mine for near the end of the month I think!

Just seen this article about Frankie Sandford from The Saturdays.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1393885/Frankie-Sandford-The-Saturdays-appears-overdone-fake-tan.html

Her fake tan is way over done.:eek: I'd love to know what tan she used so I can avoid ever using it :eek: :o

article-0-0C62C73400000578-804_468x737.jpg

Found this other pic of her, she looked much better.

frankie4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Holy crap, around her collar bones is practically black! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

when i saw the first picture i though she was black, big shock seeing the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

For their calendar apparently...they're all looking a bit over-orange though so at least she won't be too out of place! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I thought she was actually black (no idea who anyone in the Saturdays actually is). Then reminded me of that episode in Friends where Ross gets the layers and layers of tan put on, making him look 'puerto rican'. I remember laughing so hard at that!

Gonna be AFK for a few days, leaving for the airport in ONE HOUR :D Holy crap I am so excited! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Have the best time settling in. Don't forget to come back in a few days and make us all terribly jealous. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Hope you have a ball, Twee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Have fun Twee! x

Twee. wrote: »
    Gonna be AFK for a few days, leaving for the airport in ONE HOUR :D Holy crap I am so excited! :D:D
    What is AFK?

Hope you have a ball in New York.

Away from Keyboard :)

Have a fab time Twee.! :D

It is only ROASTING! So hot. But beautiful all the same! Best beauty bits so far have been Factor 50 face suncream and salt spray for my hair. Just spritz and my hair is dry in the sun!

Trying my best now to find somewhere proper to live! The effort of it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Lucky you Twee!! Have the greatest time ! x

Good luck with it all, Twee! Have a ball :)

Ye are all making me really jealous with yer nail varnishes. We are not allowed wear it at work and it would be kinda pointless putting it on for my one day off a week. Boo! They all look so pretty!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Good luck with it all, Twee! Have a ball :)

Ye are all making me really jealous with yer nail varnishes. We are not allowed wear it at work and it would be kinda pointless putting it on for my one day off a week. Boo! They all look so pretty!
    Wear it on your day off, life is too short not to wear pretty things!:p:D

Can I ask why your not allowed to wear it in work?

• Advertisement

I work around food. People don't like seeing bright nail polish if they think it will get in their food!

Advertisement