Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats in your make up bag?

Options
  • 11-06-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

And how happy are you with it? My make up bag is looking a little sparse at the min so i thought i'd post up mine and check yours for anything i might try when shopping to re fill make up bag up again. So anything you particularly love or hate please post! I have dry skin so my make up bag caters for that! I've had so many fantastic suggestions from boards (which i've marked) so digging for more-sharng is caring ;) and thanks...

Moisturiser : Estee Lauder hydrationist and idealist serum, makes such a difference to my skin but pricey 9/10
    alternate with liz earle repair which is a third of the price and seems to be a tad too strong for my skin 7/10.

Primer : Laura Mercier hydrating primer, the only one i've ever used boards suggestion! 8/10

Foundation : Estee lauder double wear or maybelline dream satin foundation. Estee lauder lasts all day but the maybelline one i have to touch up but seems a bit softer. Both boards suggestions!!! What double wear gains with lasting maybelline makes up for by being cheaper! Both 9/10

Concealer : Bobbi brown (with under eye corrector for dark circles) Definitely the best i've tried and both boards suggestions 9/10

Powder : Rimmell, just ok, will look at buying a different one this time around. 5/10

Bronzer : Bourjois, can be nice when you get it right but so easy to get wrong and look too dark. Will look at a different one this time 6/10

Highlighter : Tess Daly at m&s, nice and good value, about 12 euro and it lasts for ages, just use a teeny tiny bit though or you look mega shiney. 7/10

Eyeshadow : Estee Lauder black smoke, gorgeous for the grey-bluish smokey eyes effect but pricey. 8/10
    Maybelline eye shadow quad, again nice price but doesn't last, sometimes during the night i end up with shadow on my cheeks :( 7/10
    Think i will look for something different this time.

Eyeliner : Bourjois, goes on lovely but smudges a lot, can end up big panda eyes at the end of the night. Definitely trying something different, this only does for dinner but i love how it looks when it goes on first. 7/10

Mascara : Diorshow waterproof and Estee Lauder lash primer. Pretty happy with this combo, the diorshow goes on pretty wet so have to be careful with the after application blinking, and can be tricky to get on lower lashes in a hurry, minor problems. 9/10

Lipstick : Used a bobbi brown one for the red look but lost it :( loved it but you had to re apply every two hours ish, the colour would fade in parts on lips bit by bit if you missed a reapplication 7/10

Lip gloss : Estee lauder gloss- gorgeous and love it, perfect day gloss 8/10
    Bourjois for evening for a bit more sparkle. Doesn't last too long 8/10
    Bobbi brown is the longest lasting gloss i've used so may look for that this time around, anybody have any long lasting lip gloss suggestions or long lasting lip stick that don't get dry? Have used the maybelline long lasting lip stick which lasts the whole night but i find it really drys out lips.

Thanks everyone, look forward to seeing more great ideas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

My make up bag is HUGE so I'll just post what I'd wear on a regular day/night out or else this post would be massive :o

Moisturiser: Just the rich simple one, my skin doesn't really get dry and I find this suits my skin without making it look greasy.

Primer: Smashbox photo finish. Good product, does what it says it will, make up looks great over it. Expensive for what it is though and 9/10 days I don't bother using it. For a night out it's really brilliant though, no make up slipping.

Foundation: During the summer I prefer something lighter than normal so I've been using MAC face and body in C1 for the last couple of weeks. I really like it, just enough coverage but not so much that it covers freckles or the natural blush in my cheeks. For a night time look with a little more coverage I use face and body mixed in equal parts with MAC studio fix fluid. Gives an even, flawless, dewy, finish with great coverage but not really heavy on the skin.

Concealer: Don't generally have a problem with under-eye bags so I just use concealer for blemishes. I was using just the Rimmel one for years but it started to look rather cakey so I bought MAC studio finish concealer. It's great, no cakey-ness or heavy look. Blends well and very little is needed to get a flawless finish. Can't imagine it would be suitable for under-eye concealing though, might be a little heavy. It does leave the skin looking a little shiney though. However nothing a dab of transluscent powder can't fix.
    It is Slightly awkward to use though, really need a brush to get it to look perfect.

Powder: Don't really wear this, except for a dab on to my chin so I just buy the No. 7 loose powder and find it works well.

Blush: I'm really pale so finding a colour to suit me has been quite hard because all those lovely peach colours don't do anything for me. I've been using actually one by Natural collection at boots recently. It's a really light bubblegum pink that suits me. Staying power isn't all that great but the colour is perfect for me :)

Bronzer: A tan just does not suit me. At all. Finding a bronzer to suit my skin has been really difficult as none of them come in a light enough shade. I don't really 'bronze' my skin, I just use it for contouring my cheekbones and around my forehead. I picked up this the other day for like €2.50 just to see what it would be like. It's alright, the colour is lovely but the quality and staying powder is not all that great. It'll do for now. It's not overly matt either which I like too.

Highlighter: No. 7... can't remember the exact one it is. It comes in a huge container and literally one pump and you can do your whole face. Great value, I've had it probably a year at this stage and I'd say there's 80% left in the bottle, and I use it 3-5 times a week.

Eyeshadow: I do not know what I would do without the urban decay book of shadows volume 2. It was limited edition but it is AMAZING! Brilliant quality and the colours are fab. Wide range of colours, lots of day time colours and neutral colours as well as dark greys, browns, mushroom kind of colours with some shimmer but also plenty of brights like blue, green, purple, pink. Only thing is there are 3 colour greens in it, which I don't wear at all so they've had near enough zero use. Everything else though is great. Very little product needed to get good colour pay-off. I got it at Christmas time just gone and I'm not even close to a third of the way through any of the colours.

Eyeliner: Don't really wear eyeliner, not on my water-line anyway, so I just use an eyelining brush and the black/dark brown colour that came in the urba decay set I spoke about above. Liquid eyeliner I only wear maybe once a month. I've been using the essence one, perfect really for what you pay. Brilliant colour to it, really dark black. Stays in place, really well, for the night. Only downfall is the lenght of the cap/handle. It's really short so it can be a bit fiddly to use to begin with.

Mascara: Loreal extra volume collegen. I CAN NOT say how much I love this mascara!! It is AMAZING!! 10/10 product.

Lipstick: Maybeline 18 hour super stay. I only have this in the bright red colour. When they call it superstay, they really mean it! This isn't going anywhere once you put it on!

Lipgloss: Rose vaseline mostly. Proper shiney gloss does not suit me in the slightest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Moisturiser : I am very bad at remembering to moisturise, I cleanse (Vichy Essentialles or No.7) but my skin seems to look the best when I leave it alone!:o But I got a bit sunburnt a week ago, so I've been using a Vichy Skin Set moisturiser for the last few nights, the problem is it has been discontinued! :( so i'll be looking for a replacement!

Primer : I had Smashbox Photofinish which was great, must get another one, it's kind of expensive though for what you get, I hear the Gosh one is a close match though!

Foundation : Although I have good skin I'm ridiculously pale so I need to wear foundation to avoid looking dead or people asking me if I'm sick/anaemic! :rolleyes: at the moment I have L'Oreal True Match Liquid in C2, the new Rimmel one (forget the name) that claims to match the colour and texture of your skin in Ivory and Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC20. I don't particularly like any of them, the L'Oreal is too dark, the Rimmel has a weird texture and feels heavy and the Mac I can only wear with fake tan lol. My favourite ever foundation is Chanel Teint Innocence but I cant stomach the Irish prices so I'm waiting to get some in duty free! ;)

Concealer : I actually don't own a concealer...thinking of investing in YSL Touche Eclat though because I have horrendous dark circles!

Powder : Rimmel one in Translucent, I often find powders too pink, this one is good!

Bronzer : Rimmel sun shimmer I've hit metal on it though because I use it a lot!

Highlighter : Don't have a highlighter, after reading about them on this I think I'll try Benefit Highbeam

Eyeshadow : Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes palette, it doesn't suit me because I have blue eyes, it looks much nicer on my brown eyed friends! I rarely wear eyeshadow because I'm bad at putting it on!:rolleyes:

Eyeliner : Rimmel pencil, I've been buying the same black one since I was 14 so perhaps it's time to move on. I wear contacts though so I tend to stick with ones I know wont irritate!

Mascara : I LOVE mascara, I have long eyelashes but they are blonde so mascara is my definite desert island item!:) At the moment I have Estee Lauder Sumptuous Lash which was basically free since I paid €20 to get my eyebrows done at their counter in BT's. I love it because it's really black and you can build it up without getting clumps. I also like Smashbox bionic lash, Maxfactor Masterpiece Max, and Rimmel Glam eyes which I won in a competition and is surprisingly good with a similar brush to Masterpiece.

Lipstick : Mac Creme de Nude, I'm not a big lipstick wearer but I like the colour of this one.

Lip gloss : Benefit California Kissin, the blue tint claims to make your teeth look whiter, I don't know if this is true but I like this for everyday wear as it smells really minty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Moisturiser :
    Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat. I only used it 3 times so far, just bought it the last day. So far I've got 2 spots and doesn't give my face a matte effect at all. But I'll give it another while! So far 4/10.

Primer : Smashbox Photofinish Light. Yeah I really like it. Wish it would last longer though, pricey. 9/10

Foundation : Clinique Superfit (in Petal). Ah yeah it's good enough. Easily applied and all that. Little bit shiny even though it's oil free. 7/10

Concealer : Barbara Daly (for tesco) concealer. Cheap and very very good! 8/10

Powder : Mac Studio Fix NW20 (pressed) Yeah I love it. 9/10

Bronzer : I don't wear bronzer.

Highlighter : Wtf is highlighter?

Eyeshadow : I have a set of Urban Decay stuff. They are nice. Rarely wear eyeshadow though. Doesn't suit me. 7/10

Eyeliner : No7 Amazing Eyes Pencil (black). Love it because it doesn't make me look like I'm crying. Good for sensitive eyes. Has a smudger thing on it too. 8/10

also...
    Mac Fluidline gel eyeliner in Dipdown (aka brown). Really like this. Don't wear it very often though because I'm too lazy to apply it. 9/10

Mascara : The new No7 one. It's alright like. 6/10

Lipstick : Don't wear lipstick.

Lip gloss : Sexy Motherpucker or whatever it's called. Tingly! 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moisturiser: Lancome Bienfait Multivital - nice texture, not too heavy

Foundation: MAC Select SPF 15 liquid foundation (not keen on it though)

Highlighter: Benefit Hollywood Glow - lovely gentle colour

Concealer: YSL Touche Eclat / MAC concealer

Mascara: Max Factor Masterpiece - just the best mascara

Eyecolours: About 10-12 different MAC shades

Lips: MAC lip balm and a YSL gloss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Right ho, sitting here with my makeup bag open and realising I only use 10% of what's in the bag...Here's what I wear on a standard day/night. I just go heavier for night time and add lashes and lippy!

Moisturiser: Okay, it may not be conventional, but I use Piz Buin Allday suncream factor 15. I have used it for years and love it and makes my skin nice!

Primer: Not at the mo! Bought the penneys one for a laugh but noticed nothing.

Foundation: Bobbi Brown Skin foundation SPF 15 PA+ in Porcelain. Love it.

Concealer: Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain. But I always pop Bobbi Brown's Corrector in Light Bisque underneath the concealer when doing my eyes. They work so well together in my opinion and because I have dark circles..thanks genes!

Powder: I don't always use it but when I do, I use Mac's Studio Fix NW15.

Blush: Natural Collection from Boots 'Pink Cloud'. It's so cute, so pink and so cheap. Happy out.

Bronzer: Only use it on my neck and decolletage sometimes, and it's another cheapo product; Natural Collection Sun Tint bronzing pearls in Sahara Sun.

Eyeshadow: I don't use it day to day, but going out I stick on some cheap one I got from Claires Accessories. I have never been a fan of eyeshadow or confident enough and i do think it doesn't really suit me a lot of the time. Anytime I have gotten it done for weddings or whatever I look shocking!

Eyeliner: Mac's Powerpoint eyepencil; the engraved one. I can't manage the Smoulder one for love nor money!! I like my flicks.

Mascara: Normally i am a huge fan of Cliniques's High Impact in black, but my cousin gave me Mac's waterproof long lasting one (which she got in Thailand and is quite likely to be a dud copy!) but it is doing a fine job for me at the moment! Also really like benefit's Bad Gal Lash since I got a freebie of it in a copy of Glamour last year. Oh and always use an eyelash curler to open my peepers.

Lipstick: Again I just use a Boots natural Collection one, called Cherry Red. I like to use Catrice Lipliner in Bordeaux to add definition and tend to love the heavy red lip look.

Lipgloss: I'm not even going to go there cos I have tonnes! Well the ones i use most are Benefit's Her Glossiness that came free in another Glamour magazine (!) and good old Carmex. Oh and sexy motherpucker!

Highlighter: I was sucked into buying Benefit's Eye Bright one idle afternoon and it's pretty okay just needs topping up a good bit. I have tiny eyes so it def helps.

Other: Fake lashes..love them. Again it is because of my small eyes! Currently liking Girls Aloud lashes; Sarah and Nadines :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cooper07

Moisturiser : Clarins Multiactive Day Cream

Primer : Smashbox Photofinish but only use occassionally

Foundation : MAC Face and Body for day time and Studio finish for evening

Concealer : MAC

Powder : MAC pressed powder

Bronzer : Bobbi Brown

Highligher: Benefit Highbeam - amazing definitely my make up must have!

Eyeshadow : Never wear eyeshadow as I'm brutal at applying it

Eyeliner : Benefit Bad gal

Mascara : Maxfactor Masterpiece Max.

Lipstick : None

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Moisturiser : I'm currently using a Biore Shine Control one which is nice and light and also using Clinique factor 30 face sunscreen when I remember.

Primer : I bought the Penneys primer the other day as Id seen it recommended on a few blogs - Its a total rip off of Benefits That Gal but the consistency is much thicker. Im not too sure if its an improvement. I have a small tube of Smashbox primer which I save for nights out.

Foundation : Currently switching between Revlon Colourstay and Mac Studio Sculpt in NW15. I really like both foundations - the Revlon is heavier coverage and gives you a more "done" look.

Concealer : I'm using a Loreal pen one for under the eyes and a loreal age renewal or something for spots. Both are grand but nothing to write home about.

Powder : After reading this review I had to try the Collection 2000 perfecting Minerals. Ive only been using it since Friday but so far I like it - It gives light coverage which I like from a powder.

Bronzer : Im currently using a M&S one which is a nice golden shade but a tad sparkly. Im waiting on the postie to deliver me the Elf Studio Golden bronzer which I had before and really liked - it didnt give me a dirty look and had a slight shimmer.

Highlighter : Mac MSF in perfect topping or else the Prestige Minerals one when I need a more obvious look.

Eyeshadow : At the moment loving mac Expensive Pink, satin taupe along with some paler shades from my mac palette. I have tons so impossible to name them all. You can't go wrong with Mac eyeshadows. Im waiting on some empty 4pan palletes from Elf to make up a few handy ones for everyday.

Eyeliner : Mac fluidline in dipdown or else the smashbox cream one (I have one thats half brown/half black which gets used all the time).

Mascara : Max Factor Falsh Lash effect or a Cover Girl one in an orange tube on ebay I bought for $3 - I think its actually the same mascara but one is way cheaper!

Lipstick : Currently using the 17 mirror shine lippie in Belle which is a gorgeous sheer moisturising lipstick - its more like a lip balm with a touch of colour. I like it cos I can apply it at my desk and know Ive not made a mess. Purchased after seeing recommendations on beauty blogs.

Lip gloss :
    L'oreal Glam Shine which I really like else a NYX one in Tea Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Moisturiser: Astral, i have tried everything and this is the one i still go back to.

Primer: Nothing. Need to get one.

Foundation: MakeUp Forver HD Foundation or No.7s Radiant Glow Foundation

Concealer: Lancomes Flash Retouch

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte.

Blush: Essence (so cheap) mineral powder blush or sometimes Bobbi Browns Pot Rouge (actually prefer the Essence though.

Bronzer: Rimmels Sun Shimmer

Eyeshadow: Mixture from L'Oreals ColorAppeal, No.7 Stay Perfect (it doesnt stay perfect :o),Lancomes Colour Focus Duo..ah i have loads.

Eyeliner: Bourjois Khol and Contour (pencil); liquid one i think is just Rimmel

Mascara: Tried them all and am using Essences Lash Mania..€2.99 cant beat it and does as good a job as any of the other pricier ones.
    Lipstick: none use lipgloss

Lipgloss: Lancomes Juicy Tubes mainly

Highlighter: none

Other: Fake lashes (Girls Aloud also) and Boots Reviving Eye drops :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Moisturiser : I love Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer but can rarely afford it :(

Primer : Bare Minerals 10/10

Foundation : Bare Minerals in Medium Beige 10/10

Concealer : same as foundation but with a concealer brush 10/10

Blusher : Bare Minerals (can't remember the shade) 7/10 - can be difficul to get right - I an look stripy on occasion!

Highlighter : Touche Eclat Radient Touch 8/10 Pricy

Eyeshadow : Benefit Bigh Beautiful Eyes 8/10 - Getting bored and need a change

Eyeliner : Rimmel Black Jet Black - goes on well but runs after a few hours 9/10

Mascara : Essence No Limits Waterproof (€2.99!!! and love it) 10/10

Lipstick : None - don't like the feel of lipstick

Lip gloss : Jemma Kidd Hi-Shine Silktouch in Candy. Got it free in a magazine and I love it now. Not too sticky and the colour is gorgeous! 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Moisturiser : Clinique Dramatically Different is what I use in the morning, and at night, Lush Skin Drink.

Primer : Smashbox Photofinish or Benefits Dr Feel Good.

Foundation : Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NW20.

Concealer : Don't own a concealer.

Blusher : Nars in Orgasm.

Highlighter : Benefit HighBeam.

Eyeshadow : Oh, I own loads. MAC, Barry M, GOSH, whatever!

Eyeliner : Benefit Bad Gal for pencil and for liquid, I have MAC, forget the name but it's like a pen!

Mascara : Max Factor False Lash Effect.

Lipstick : MAC in Ruby Woo is my favourite and the one I wear most often, but I own loads more, mostly Rimmel.

Lip gloss : Not really into lipgloss. Can't live without Carmex though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Moisturiser: Astral. Skin very dry right now. 8/10

Primer: Mac Prep+Prime. Love it. 9/10

Foundation: Revlon Photoready. Haven't had a proper chance to try it out yet.

Conclealer: Don't use one. Occassionally use Benefit LemonAid around the eyes.

Blusher: Mac in Well Dressed 9/10

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte in Translucent. Not fantastic for dry skin, still looking for one I love. 7/10

Bronzer/ Highlighter: Don't use. Might look into a highlighter at some stage.

Eyeshadows: Obsessed with the colours in Urban Decay, Book of Shadows- it's a purple suede box with sort of chainmail on it? Also love 17 eyeshadows and Isadora palettes 10/10

Mascara: Dior one, forget the name. Won't buy it again, good but not worth it. Will look at Max Factor ones. 7/10

Eyeliner: Prestige one at the moment, it's good. Usually have 17 ones 10/10

Lipgloss/Liostick: a 17 one that's sort of both, forget the name. 9/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Moisturiser : Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser. I have tried countless other really expensive ones and other cheap ones too, but this is the only one that doesn't give me spots within a few hours. 7/10
    I also use Garnier Nutritionist Regenerating Eye Cream and Eye Roll on because you're not supposed to put the Neutrogena near your eyes.

Primer : Smash Box Photo Finish. Think it's the best thing ever invented. 9/10

Foundation : MAC Face and Body Foundation - have tried countless others and this is the only that I like. 8/10

Concealer : MAC - rarely use it, but it's ok when I need it. 7/10

Highlighter : Touch Eclat Radiant Touch. It's grand. 7/10

Eyeshadow : A Ruby and Millie set with mostly greens and purples - love it! 9/10 Also Clinique Colour Surge Duo in Pink Tweed for day wear - also love this. 9/10

Eyeliner : Clinique Quick Liner for Eyes in both Really Black and Violet. Love this because I'm crap at drawing a straight line so you can smudge it. 8/10

Mascara : Clinique Long Pretty Lashes in black. I have really curly lashes already and I find a lot of mascaras make them go really funny. I'm also allergic to a lot of other brands. This is ok. 7/10

Lip gloss : MAC in "Lust". 7/10 Would only ever wear Nivea Pearl and Shine lip balm during the day though.

Blush : Clinique in Peony. Got it free and it's fine. 7/10

Eyebrows : Neelu's Brow Quad. My brows need to be filled in a little and this does the job. 7/10

Despite having all of this crap in my make-up bag, the only things I use daily are moisturiser, mascara and lip balm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

Janey Mac from the sound of things make up companies are making a fortune here!

I really don't understand the need for it all......

I use Mac foundation, Dior Mascara, and have smashbox eye shadows....use Nivea moisturiser and thats it really takes me less then 5 mins in the morn

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Moisturiser : At the moment just using a cheapo Tesco one, but want to get a decent one, maybe Dermologica.

Primer : Smashbox photofinish, mine's lasting me ages

Foundation : Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ in Alabastar

Concealer
    : No 7's version of Touche Eclat for dark circles

Powder : Don't use.

Bronzer : Don't use

Highlighter : Don't use but might invest in Benefit High Beam

Eyeshadow : At the moment I'm using a No7 smokey eyes pallet I got free with a mascara a while back, it's lovely

Eyeliner : Rimmel Glam Eyes liquid liner

Mascara : Maybelline The Falsies, it's only fair, gonna try the new Max Factor one next

Lipstick : Elizabeth Arden Long last lipstick in Pink Bamboo for daytime, use bright red Benefit lipstick on nights out

Lip gloss : Rimmel Stay Glossy in a sparkly pink colour

Blusher: Elizabeth Arden cheek colour in Sunblush

Brow Pencil:
    Essence brown pencil, has a little brush on the cap, cheap and does the job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Woah, theres some expensive lotions and potions in this thread!

Moisturizer, still trying to find a good one - at the moment its Yes to Tomatoes! - the face wash dried me out and gave me spots. 6/10

Primer, don't use one atm but it seems I might have to invest by the looks of this thread

Foundation, i'm super pale and found MAC studio fix nc/nw15 way too orange, so atm its Bobbi Brown Skin in Albaster, expensive but I wear make-up everyday and it lasts me two months. 8/10

Concealer, I have horrid dark circles under my eyes and bad redness in my t-zone so I need a good concealer, I use the bobbi brown pot with powder? I'm not that pleased with the coverage considering the price tbh, 5/10

Eyeliner, bourjois clubbing liquid liner, been using it for years, great price! 8/10

Blush, bourjois, rose d'or, 8/10

Mascara, whatever is on offer tbh, at the moment its one I got for xmas last year, a revlon one thats actually pretty fab! 7/10

Eyeshadow, bourjois naturel trio palette, been using it for years but the quality of my last one doesn't seem to be as good tbh, 7/10. Recently bought the Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland palette and I love it for going out in, 9/10

Lipstick, MAC Lady Danger or Never Be Too Busy To Be Beautiful in Berlin, too bad its discontinued. I need to invest in a lipliner though as they always smudge on me, 9/10

Highlighter, none

Powder, used bourjois and no. 7 for a while but used them so quickly the price didn't seem worth it, so now I use the 17 compact which is €5 or €6, does the job but doesn't keep me matte for the day. 6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

SarahMs wrote: »

I use Mac foundation, Dior Mascara, and have smashbox eye shadows....use Nivea moisturiser and thats it really takes me less then 5 mins in the morn

Takes me less than 5! I just wouldn't use it all on a daily basis

Moisturizer, foundation, mascara and eyeliner ......... Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Orlee wrote: »
    Takes me less than 5! I just wouldn't use it all on a daily basis

Moisturizer, foundation, mascara and eyeliner ......... Done!
    Yeh me too.What i posted is only half of whats in my makeup bag and i only use foundation, mascara and eyeliner too for daytime.The full works at night :p but chop and change depending what mood im in. I alternate cheap with relatively expensive. Im deffo not a label freak...cant afford to be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

SarahMs wrote: »

For me personally, it's not a need, it's a love! Some people love shoes, some love clothes, some love to spend their money down the pub. For me, it's makeup. I love being creative with it and trying new looks.
    It just makes me happy. :)
    Takes me 5mins to do my makeup normally, maybe 15mins on a night out because I play up my eyes alot. An awful lot of the time I will skip foundation during the day too and just use concealer and powder.

This is just my everyday stuff - have a much bigger collection though ;)

Moisturiser : Clinque Dramatically Different Gel - it's the best moisturiser I have found for oily skin.

Primer : I only ever use a moisturiser OR a primer, never both. When I do use primer, I use the Gosh one.

Foundation : At the moment I swop between Revlon Photoready, Revlon Colourstay and Mac Studio Sculpt.
    Photoready is great for a light coverage, Colourstay is more full on and Studio Sculpt I only ever use when going out and I want a 'flawless' finish.

Concealer : Lacura Pen Concealer (the ALDI version of Touche Eclat - it's amazing and only costs about 4 quid!) and Mac Select Moisturecover for under my eyes, which I top up with Benefit Powderflague (great setting powder for under your eyes so that your concealer doesn't crease).

Powder : Maybelline Dream Matte Powder.

Bronzer/ Highlighter : I sometimes use a Sleek Contour palette.

Eyeshadow : Too many to mention! My current fav is my INGLOT palette - so in love with this brand right now. (You can get it out in Liffey Valley in Dublin).

Blush : INGLOT cream blush. LOVE it.

Eyeliner : Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero on my waterline and L'Oreal Superliner or INGLOT waterproof gel eyeliner on my upper lash line and flicked out. (Eyeliner is def my dessert island item!)

Mascara : Maxfactor False Lash Effect and Maxfactor Lash Extension Effect. Both amazing. And any old clear mascara to tame my brows! ha

Lipstick : Never used to wear any, but getting into it recently - at the mo it's either Revlon in Twinkled Pink, or 17 in Bee Hive.

Lip gloss : Revlon Peach Petal, Barry M Toffee or Barry M Strawberries and Cream. They smell awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'd say I probably use about half of what's in my makeup bag on a daily basis, but I'd definitely get occasional use out of the other half of it ... I have two younger sisters, who regularly need to be bribed to do stuff for me, therefore products that I don't use tend to get cleared out fairly quickly! :o Tis a good excuse for going makeup shopping though!

Anyways I'm only going to list my day-to-day stuff:

Primer: Currently using Lancome. I'm a huge fan of Smashbox primer, but the squirty thing always breaks on me and then it's impossible to get the rest out! :( (I drop things a lot) ... Lancome is good, and cheaper than Smashbox, but it's a teesy bit more watery. Still does the job though. I'm going to try Gosh when I run out, I've heard good things about it.

Foundation: Lancome Tient Idole Ultra. I'd say this is my fourth one now, which is a big thing for me, because I'm such a makeup slut! :o I'm always tempted to try out new products, but this foundation just really suits me, I love it.

Concealer: Maxfactor Panstick in no. 13, same as I've used on and off for the last ten years! (Does anyone not own one of these?! And how is it that everyone uses the same shade?) I've a couple of Chanel and YSL ones lurking around in my bag, but I've tried lots of different concealers and never found one as good. However I'm going to invest in Bobby Brown next payday and give it a go.

Eyeliner: Dior pencil liner. Love it. Tried loads of others, but always keep coming back to this one. And for nights out, I use Maxfactor Masterpiece "Glide and Define" liquid liner, it's a pen rather than a brush, which I love!

Eyeshadow: Usually Lancome or Bourjois.

Mascara: Always changing this! My "problem" (I know it's not actually a problem at all!) is that my eyelashes are really long and black already, I always look like I'm wearing mascara even when I'm not, so it's hard to find one that actually makes a difference! However I'm currently using Dior Extase and loving it, the brush is really good. The day I went in to buy it, I was wearing Rimmel Max Volume Flash and the girl at the Dior counter said "I can see you're using a very good mascara already - Diorshow, is it?" :D

Bronzer: Because of my skin tone/hair colour etc, I find that bronzer suits me far better than blush. I've got a No.7 blush, but rarely use it. I'm currently using St. Tropez bronzer which is good, but the best I've ever used is Academie Bronz'Express - it's pretty hard to find though. Must order it online before my St. Tropez runs out. Oh and I use an Urban Decay bronzer brush.

Lip gloss: I almost always wear lip gloss rather than lip stick. Juicy Tubes are my favourite, although I also have a Smashbox one that I use a lot of the time.

And that's me! :D Hard to believe that all that only takes about three minutes to slather on in the mornings!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I use everything in my make up bag. I just need to get a bigger bag as the one I have now is TEENY!!!

Moisturiser La Roche-Posay Hydraphase riche. - I find this quite expensive (I'm a student) but, saying that a little goes a long way and it seems to put back a lot of moisture that my skin has lost.

Concealer Ta ta for now concealer from Pennys.

Foundation I've been using the bourjois 10 hour sleep effect foundation. Any time I've tried to change I always go back to this. I find it light and it glides on very easily with the La Roche-Posay moisturiser.

powder Natural collection pressed powder. Cheap, cheerful and does the job! :)

eyeliner I go between No. 7 Amazing eyes pencil in black or urban decay black eyeliner. I find urban decay glides on, very smooth and creamy! For liquid eyeliner I use Loreal super liner. I find the liner tip so easy to use and make a correct line. It's brilliant for liquid eyeliner retards like me that always seem to get eyeliner all over their face apart from their eyes!

EyeshadowFor work I like to use the two coloured palette family silver. The browny shade is lovely and the white shade is great for a highlighter on the brow bone or just at the tear ducts on a night out! I also love my MAC C.R.E.A.M palette. <3

Mascara At the moment I'm using Volume Glamour Ultra Care mascara by Bourjois. I had alot of problems with my eyes due to little infections but I can safely say I wish I had found this mascara earlier. My eyes don't react to this (or to the sensitive eyes by No.7, but its brush gives no definition to my lashes) But what I love about this mascara is that the brush gives your lashes a decent coating. I've been asked several times had I fake eyelashes on! :rolleyes:

lipstick/lipgloss Docteur Glamour Lipstick Bourjois, and or Nars lipgloss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Moisturiser : I have two : clean and clear moisturiser for everyday where and a really good avon one that's fab!

Primer : Don't use primer as moisturiser usually does the job

Foundation : I only wear clinque superbalance fair mixed with a bit of a darker one i bought ages ago but never use, think it's almond

Concealer : Touche eclait for the special occasions and a copy one i got from george in asda.. very good, stays on for ages

Powder : Natural collection in boots as i tend not to wear it

Bronzer : Isadora, its a big one and so worn the name is off it but i love it!

Highlighter : A cheap penneys one for work and high beam for nights out, both really shiny so i only ever use a tiny bit!

Eyeshadow : I use my urban decay pallette, the one with the silver metal on purple and a few odd mac colours

Eyeliner : Rimmel, simply an oldie but a goodie!

Mascara : Bad girl lash mascara from benefit, got it as a pressie, is kinda ok but i prefer the Yves laurent false eyelash effect one

Lipstick : A really pink barbie doll mac colour! I love it!

Lip gloss : Use clinque, not very long lasting but great shine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BebhinnHeaven

After four years in college I've become a serious recessionista so here are the cheap and cheerful options but I am a TOTAL make-up addict so they are still very good despite the price tag! :)

Cleanser/Moisteriser: Johnson's Baby Wipes and Original Johnsons Baby lotion...I know they're not really ment for make-up but they work really really well, are as cheap as chips, you can get them everywhere and really gentle for dry or sensitive skin like mine... 20/10 for them!! (I used to use expensive cleansers and moisturisers coz my skin was so dry and these are just as good if not better)

Foundation: Gosh x-ceptional wear for day..nice texture,easy to blend and nice colour/coverage and Elizabeth Arden compact for night...not the best..a bit blotchy after awhile but does the job. I only use it coz its the only really cheap compact and they are sooooo handy for sly top-ups while your out.

Powder: If your looking for a great powderNo 7. Perfect Light Loose Power in Translucent is excellent..light,easy to apply and holds make-up all day and only bt 14 euro! 10/10

Bronzer: Good oul reliable Rimmel Sun Shimmer..hard to beat if it suits your skin tone..can be a bit orange for some people. Easy Bronze do a great one too though for like 7euro..more brown than orange..packaging is sh**te but its a great little bronzer.

Highlighter: I dont use it but I do use a blusher with a slight shimmer. Isa Dora Perfect Powder Rouge blushers are AMAZING..great colour..last forever coz you don't need to use much....WAAAAAAY better then the more expensive MAC,Lancome and Elizabeth Arden I used to use.

Eyeshadow: Different ones...Isa Dora are always good as are Boots 17 and Mabelline for cheapies but its hard to beat MAC for eye shadow really..you jus cant get the colour debth from cheaper brands I find anyway.

Eye Liner: MAC Eye Kohl pencil and MAC Liquid Last Eyeliner can not be beaten for colour (I like the blackest of the black and you can not get any blacker!!) and staying power..you actually have to peel the liquid one off or remove it with baby oil coz it jus does not budge!!...these are the only products I would not swap for cheaper alternatives.

Mascara: Any cheap waterproof stuff..I use falsies most the time so it doesn't matter....I have crap eyelashes anyway so mascara never gives me the lashes I want!! :)

Lipgloss: PRESTIGE,PRESTIGE,PRESTIGE...last for aaages! 10/10

Other: Serious false lash tip here...Essence (yes the kiddies make-up brand Essence) do the BEST false lashes ever..they are 2.99 and they are great for day time if you trim them and stick them at the edges but also great for night time if you use a full/slightly trimmed strip for a more dramatic look..they are suprisingly super natural on, even though they are really long and u can use them over and over again if you look after them. You dont get much glue wit them but you can buy big tube of Duo lash glue from MAC counters and it will last forever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Moisturiser: Nivea soft.

Primer: I have a loreal one from their studio secrets range

Foundation: Revlon Photoready

Concealer: Revlon colourstay

Powder: Max factor

Blush: Eeek I have a few. Two nice No.7 blushes , a maybelline one and a Rimmel one.

Bronzer: I rarely use it but the one I have at the mo is a collection 2000 mosaic thingy

Eyeshadow: Been using the hell out of a few Loreal H.i.p. duos mum got me in america. They're lovely to blend.

Eyeliner: Benefit badgal

Mascara: Eeep there are currently 7 in my makeup drawer! :eek:
    I'm kind of a commitment phobe! The one I've been using mostly is a maybelline one called The Falsies which is very very good.

Lipstick: I adore red lipstick so Benefit lipstick in flirt alert and Loreal colour riche serum in true red.

Lipgloss: Revlon super lustrous in a load of different colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bestiaries

great thread btw!

Moisturiser : yes to carrots-I was down visiting my mams in cavan recently and they have this awesome chemist, I got the whole range for like 25euro's.is replacing my dr haushka's that occasionally
    breaks my chin out.

Primer : Smashbox photofinish, there's 3. 1 in my makeup bag, 1 travel sized in the car and a spare bottle in my make up kit. Are the tinted one's any use, may I ask?

Foundation :everyday minerals foundation in fair neutral o glow, or else i mix mac white body foundation with a cheapie l'oreal or max factor liquid if i want a more luminous finish

Concealer : don't need it as a rule, was hmming and hawwing between either the gosh one or the garnier one recently, bought the garnier one and had to give it away it was just a horrible yellow on me

Powder : pure silk powder from tkb trading, only use powder on a night out

Bronzer : ack no, I hate tan, but i have a smashbox quad that i use the pink out of for a blusher, oh and i have a really bright pink smashbox blusher i love

Highlighter : don't need it

Eyeshadow : my go to is smashbox, again- day to day i am using a salmony pink with a mac bone/what is left of my vanilla and a mac brown shade that i don't know the name of i have it so long.
    also i get pigments and press them, just for fun mainly, as i have far to many eyeshadows i never use. bourjois is lovely though, i always pick them up, they wear so nice.

Eyeliner : gosh pinky gold, and a brown no 7, benefit bad gal [don't like it anymore too racooney], rimmel black liquid liner,

Mascara : lancome hypnose, tried the new l'oreal one with weird brush-crap, rimmel-crap, maybelline-crap, smashbox-crap, actually the boots no7 one is ok, but i used it on holidays so
    perhaps it was less solidifed there in the heat than mascara's generally are and I get eyelash extensions every now and again, if not i use the eyelure corner lashes.

Lipstick : well, i am not a real lipstick gal but if i do it's generally something i can "set" or a long lasting stain because of my lip piercings.

Lipliner : no7, in blush

Lip gloss : lancome juicy, i've tonnes of them,but wear a clear glittery one the most, too faced lip injection kit (has 3 glosses and a lip mask awesome), mac lipglass is great
    too but sooo sticky.

Moisturiser : Clean and Clear Morning Glow

Primer : Dont use one...must look into that

Foundation : MAC Studio Fix in NC25 or if money is tight Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Foundation in Natural Beige i think!

Concealer : Lacura Concealer from Aldi...their version of Touche Eclat. I have used Touche Eclat and find it just as good.

Powder : Maxfactor Creme Puff...not my usual but its ok. Favourite would be MAC Mineralize Skinfinish.

Bronzer : Lancome...the big one! On the last few crumbs though!

Highlighter : Dont use any

Eyeshadow : Anything really..have a couple of MAC, Bourjois etc

Eyeliner : MAC Kohl Eyeliner, its so black, I love it.

Mascara : Bourjois Clubbing, Rimmel Sexy Curves!! Considering trying the Essence since reading this!

Lipstick : Benefit Do Tell

Lip gloss : Bourjois in Beige Elastic

EyeshadowFor work I like to use the two coloured palette family silver. The browny shade is lovely and the white shade is great for a highlighter on the brow bone or just at the tear ducts on a night out! I also love my MAC C.R.E.A.M palette. <3

Just wondering about the palette you mentioned above - is it one of the fakie ones from ebay as havent seen any mac cream eyeshadow palettes ever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Moisturiser: Caudalie Premier Cru The Cream, I normally can't afford this but I got it for a Christmas present and I love it. I haven't even used quarter of the bottle, if I had the money I would continue buying it when needed.

Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer for my face and Urban Decay Primer Potion or Two Faced Shadow Insurance for my eyes.

Foundation: MAC Studio Fix NC15, No7 Intelligent Balance Mousse in Ivory or Rimmel Renew & Lift 100 Ivory.

Concealer: Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Maximum Coverage Concealer in Light.

Powder: No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder or Pixi Flawless Finishing Powder.

Bronzer: Don't use this everyday but when I do I use Too Face Pink Leopard Bronzer.

Blush: Too Faced Ooh La Rouge Duo-Sided Blush Compact, Essence Go Snow Cream To Powder Lush 01 Snow Bunny or MAC Powder Blush Dollymix. Coastel Scents Contour and Highlight Palette

Highlighter: Coastel Scents Contour and Highlight Palette.

Eyeshadow: Coastel Scents 88 Matter Palette, A custom MAC palette and Urban Decay Book of Shadows.

Eyeliner: Essence Kohl eyeliner pencil black, MAC Fluidline Blacktrck and Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencil Ultra Black.

Mascara: My trusty Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black Mascara, Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara, Too Faced Lash Injection Pinpoint Mascara and Urban Decay Sky Scraper Mascara.

Lipstick: MAC Viva Glam Gaga, MAC Lady Danger, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick Vintage Pink.

Lipgloss: Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Eric, Bourjois Effect 3D Max Lipgloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

ams wrote: »
    Just wondering about the palette you mentioned above - is it one of the fakie ones from ebay as havent seen any mac cream eyeshadow palettes ever?

It could be! My boyfriends mum bought me the palette. A friend of her's from work sells mac (I think someone he knows works at united drug) At the moment I can't afford to buy any makeup so this is doing dandy. But even if it is fake damn the staying power is good, and the colour is really bright!

It could be! My boyfriends mum bought me the palette. A friend of her's from work sells mac (I think someone he knows works at united drug) At the moment I can't afford to buy any makeup so this is doing dandy. But even if it is fake damn the staying power is good, and the colour is really bright!

I'd just be wary of the chemicals that are in those fake palettes (I had a google yesterday and I think it is fake) - if your eyes get sore or anything bin it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I don't have as developed (or expensive) collection like any of you but I'll share mine anyways!
    Moisturiser : Niva Visage Day cream: It's not the best to be honest but it doesn't irritate my skin or give me spots so it does me fine for the moment!

Primer : Gosh velvet touch foundation primer: I find it quite good keeps my make up in tact!

Foundation : Clinque Superfit make up. Best foundation I've found suits me down to a tea but it's a bit expensive for me so spare it as much as I can! Also have Revlon Colourstay but it's a bit heavy!

Concealer : I use the Max Factor Panstick (pretty sure it's a foundation though) Just I didn't feel it was much good as a foundation but it covers stuff fine!

Powder : No 7 pressed powder, got it with a €7.50 voucher for Boots and for what I paid (About five 8 euro) It's perfect!

Bronzer : Isa Dora, it comes in a very big compact mirror thing don't se it much!

Highlighter : None

Eyeshadow : Don't really use eyeshadow on a day to day basis but have a few MAC, Gosh and Bourjois ones in various colours!

Eyeliner : Bourjois khol and contour does the job!

Mascara : At the moment it's Max Factor false lash effect it's AMAZING! :O

Lipstick : None!

Lip gloss : Have a few Lancome juicy tubes but find them a bit sticky! At the moment it's mainly Rimmel Stay Glossy..

Advertisement