Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Did you see where they're located?
    China? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Shoe fantasy not reality!!!

I managed to get an appointment with the galligan group... appointment at 10.30 ill let ye know how I got on!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

phasers wrote: »
    China? :confused:

Indeed. I've so far found the quality of footwear from Chinese sellers to be less than stellar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Oh Kintarō ... ;)

Dolorous wrote: »
    Oh Kintarō ... ;)

That is quite nice but I positively hate dresses that have that 'bottom' on them. What do you call that? It completely ruins many a dress. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^ Bubble hem!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

That is quite nice but I positively hate dresses that have that 'bottom' on them. What do you call that? It completely ruins many a dress. :(

Puffb... no, bubble? I concur with your assessment. I do have one tho :) from a Chinese shop in Covent Garden (must get in there next w/end). They're awkward tho.

So may I ask all your advice here? Now that these are on the way, what could they be teamed up with? I kinda like what this lady has done. I was thinking a skirt with a slit and perhaps a woolen blazer? Maybe some sort of past the knee dress with a slit?

She already has skinny jeans so I'd like to get her something a little more upmarket to wear with the boots. Something stylish and sophisticated a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I've been searching for that thread that someone started a while ago for the purpose of the "What will I wear with this?" questions but couldn't find it...

Don't want to start a new thread but would anyone have any idea what to wear with this?
    227786860?$prod_details_hero$

I'm a bit sick of wearing plain black vest-like tops with this sort of skirt, so if anyone had any ideas...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I think it was this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71282641

Gorgeous skirt, would look great with a crisp shirt matching any of the colours in the skirt.

• Advertisement

So may I ask all your advice here? Now that these are on the way, what could they be teamed up with? I kinda like what this lady has done. I was thinking a skirt with a slit and perhaps a woolen blazer? Maybe some sort of past the knee dress with a slit?

She already has skinny jeans so I'd like to get her something a little more upmarket to wear with the boots. Something stylish and sophisticated a little.
    I would team the boots with a classic dress (Knee length if possible)
    Zara is great at the moment
    http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category/ie/en/zara-S2011/61137/Dresses
    If you are going out to dinner a nice blazer always looks classic
    http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category/ie/en/zara-S2011/61136/Blazers

I really like the way this girl on chictopia teamed them with a simple white summer dress for a day look!

8648079311_400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Can I ask why you're planning your girlfriends outfits, can't you just ask her what she'd like to wear them with? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Acoshla wrote: »
    Can I ask why you're planning your girlfriends outfits, can't you just ask her what she'd like to wear them with? :confused:
    Perhaps it's because occasionally women like advice and suggestions as to what looks good on them. I think the evidence of that lies in the strength of this forum where advice and suggestions is it's raison d'être.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

OldGoat wrote: »
    Perhaps it's because occasionally women like advice and suggestions as to what looks good on them. I think the evidence of that lies in the strength of this forum where advice and suggestions is it's raison d'être.

Absolutely! I always ask my boyfriend what he thinks of what I'm wearing. And no not in the trick "does my bum look big in this" way! He gives me honest answers, which is what I want. He's told me more than once that he doesn't like a particular item, or certain things look a bit off, or a dress needs higher heels. Or once, horror or horrors, it made me look like my sister :eek:

Acoshla wrote: »

She buys plenty of her own clothes so don't worry. I don't see the harm in surprising her now and again. If she wears something great, if she doesn't it's no big loss. Also I would have no problem in buying her something she would consider expensive and therefore perhaps never buy in the first place.

She's a beautiful elegant woman but tends to be a little on the conservative/practical side sometimes. The 'right' clothes make her look even more amazing than normal but often they aren't the things she would consider normally. Quite often the things I've bought she agrees look great on her and she'll happily wear them on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Just had my appointment with the galligan group....overall very pleased....they do 50% off waxing every Monday.

Dealt with a girl called Tanya....lovely and chatty!! :)

I love this dress. I think I need it:

http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33055&storeId=12554&productId=2387477&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208037&parent_categoryId=208036&pageSize=20&refinements=Colour{1}~[yellow]&noOfRefinements=1

15D83GYLW_thumb.jpg

Curse you bad weather. :mad: I never get to wear half the lovely dresses I have in my wardrobe because it's too damn cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Anon85

decision time tomorrow....today new ombre coloured hair/hair cut!! looks strangely red in photos instead of the lovely ash/chocolate colour it is though (i've super dark near black hair naturally at the roots)... looks so grown up! :P

Which salon did you get this done in, spinandscribble? I STILL haven't found a hairdresser in Dublin that can do it right and have been trying for months :(

So I bought a pair of shoes in BT but didn't present my loyalty card. Do you think they'll accept it retrospectively if I bring in my receipt? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Just had my appointment with the galligan group....overall very pleased....they do 50% off waxing every Monday.

Dealt with a girl called Tanya....lovely and chatty!! :)

I had her when I went too :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Malari wrote: »
    So I bought a pair of shoes in BT but didn't present my loyalty card. Do you think they'll accept it retrospectively if I bring in my receipt? :o

99% sure they don't :rolleyes: I forgot my card one day and I'm pretty sure she said they can't.

These arrived from MINA, the dress white blouse and stripe skirt. Do you think they would appropriate for the office? I was thinking of teaming them with a low heel and tights. I'm a student on an internship and have been there a few months, Most of the other staff would be smart office casual while others wear suits. I'm someone who really hates wearing suits so I'm trying to inject more style into my work wardrobe.

TP_1152_evie_top_FP_M.jpg

SK_1154_zac_skirt_FP_M.jpg

DR_1077_CHOLIE_DRESS_PR_FP_M.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Sibylla wrote: »
    These arrived from MINA, the dress white blouse and stripe skirt. Do you think they would appropriate for the office? I was thinking of teaming them with a low heel and tights. I'm a student on an internship and have been there a few months, Most of the other staff would be smart office casual while others wear suits. I'm someone who really hates wearing suits so I'm trying to inject more style into my work wardrobe.

I think the blouse and dress would definitely work for the office. As for the skirt though...its just way too nice to waste on work! :P I'd see it as more of a casual but stylish day outfit :)

The dress is gorgeous btw. Is the belt part of it?

I think the blouse and dress would definitely work for the office. As for the skirt though...its just way too nice to waste on work! :P I'd see it as more of a casual but stylish day outfit :)

The dress is gorgeous btw. Is the belt part of it?
    Thank you so much Queen of leon, I will take your advice and wear them to work this week :D The dress also comes in white it's without the belt though, it's really good quality. (I'm slightly obsessed with Mina clothes) http://www.minauk.com/Online/Item/Detail.asp?CTGR=NIDR&PUID=1144

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Note to self: Do not in future wait until the morning of Super-Important Interview before locating fail-safe interview outfit...in a ball at the bottom of the laundry basket!

I dread to think how long it had been there..Febreze, steaming in the shower and ironing the life out of it gave a semblance of freshness though. I do so fail at being a competent adult sometimes:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

It is so bloody hot! I just wish the weather would decide whether it was hot or cold, I keep going out dressed wrong and I hate summer clothes. They're always tacky or seethrough or very,very short. :mad:

Also, Sibylla, that skirt is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Semele wrote: »
    I do so fail at being a competent adult sometimes:o
    Probably best not to mention this at the interview. :)
    Good luck!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

It is so bloody hot! I just wish the weather would decide whether it was hot or cold, I keep going out dressed wrong and I hate summer clothes. They're always tacky or seethrough or very,very short. :mad:

Also, Sibylla, that skirt is lovely!

Thank you :)

I wore the skirt and blouse to work today and got loads of compliments. I was worried about the office dress code to be honest. Most of the other staff would be much older than myself and stick to darker colours so it's great to incorporate some summer colours!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Ugh, ordered a pair of Fatface jeans there a few days ago, they arrived today. I was sure I'm a size ten in their jeans, but these ones won't even stay up on me. They are more like a 14 :/ Again with the vanity sizing! And I can't send them back for free because they are a sale item :( Might just give them to my Mother...but they'll probably be too big for her too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Ugh, ordered a pair of Fatface jeans there a few days ago, they arrived today. I was sure I'm a size ten in their jeans, but these ones won't even stay up on me. They are more like a 14 :/ Again with the vanity sizing! And I can't send them back for free because they are a sale item :( Might just give them to my Mother...but they'll probably be too big for her too!

This is why I am so wary about buying jeans/trousers and shoes online :(

Advertisement