Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

The next Tesla. what actually have Tesla done apart from promises.

I was referring moreso to the hype associated with Tesla, rather than the actual fundamentals.

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Up until two days ago you only posted about meme stocks with a few specific mentions to AMC now you yawn post someone who mentions it? Get the absolute **** out of here with that ****housery

Haha yes it was topical for a week, now it's all anyone seems to talk about in this thread

I dont understand why virgin galactic is soaring so high?

I bought 6 shares in Jan just because .... It sounded cool.

. Its up 125% since then. Even after 2 major fails... I can only imagine the price if they manage to pull off a landing without complete destruction of the space craft.

Might be worth adding a few to your long term portfolio .

SPCE

I was thinking the same. VGAC is also pumping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

TBH I don't know, but when earnings season is over, lot of folks might be inclined to take profit and that could trigger correction...but again Fed's/govt might stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭bish76

Silver frenzy seems to be almost over. First Majestic Silver is at 16.11 today.
    Any suggestions for estimated value to buy and hold for a year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. VGAC is also pumping!

Amazing how much this pumped given people knew it was 23 and me for about a week beforehand. I got unlucky and sold at broke even at 12.16 last week. Boo haha

cronos wrote: »
    Amazing how much this pumped given people knew it was 23 and me for about a week beforehand. I got unlucky and sold at broke even at 12.16 last week. Boo haha

Not good! I was hoping it would come down towards the $10 mark again but twasn't meant to be it would seem. If it does I'll probably lump in circa 5K.

Not good! I was hoping it would come down towards the $10 mark again but twasn't meant to be it would seem. If it does I'll probably lump in circa 5K.

At this point if it comes down again I'd take it as a warning sign.

At this point if it comes down again I'd take it as a warning sign.

Really? I would tend to disagree. It will be interesting to watch though! Finally someone who's interested in more than $AMC/$GME ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I dont understand why virgin galactic is soaring so high?

I bought 6 shares in Jan just because .... It sounded cool.

. Its up 125% since then. Even after 2 major fails... I can only imagine the price if they manage to pull off a landing without complete destruction of the space craft.

Might be worth adding a few to your long term portfolio .

SPCE

There was a pump when ARK annouced they were opening a Space EFT

IT then got caught up in the short squeeze story too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »
    APPS (digital turbine) had a good beat in their earnings and revenue today, up 12% after hours trading, hopefully will bring PERI up tomorrow also. I'm in MGNI also, in the mobile advertising sector as well, and its up 50% in the 2wks since I got in.

Peri and MGNI both rocketing off today, MGNI announcing a merger. Tempted to sell my mgni for a quick 100% gain. FLNT in this whole sector also and in a lovely uptrend last 6months also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭crushproof

Treppen wrote: »
    Someday I'll break even on these Viking Theraputics Shares, seems to be a bit of an uptick lately. Is that just general market sentiment or is there a phase 3 due (I can't tell from their website).

Wow just noticed its been a steady rise lately. I sold out a while ago, at a loss. Gave up waiting for good news. Used to be a darling stock of boards stock picks.
    I'm sure one day soon it'll rocket before plummeting back down again.

TBH I don't know, but when earnings season is over, lot of folks might be inclined to take profit and that could trigger correction...but again Fed's/govt might stop it.

Ah now I don't think we can expect or want the feds to step in every single market correction lol, most certainly not what probably would be some sort of minor 10 or 15% taking profits correction

Looking at the s&p last year, we are on our 3rd long steady 2month bull phases, the previous 2 ended up with a melt up towards the end, then a very rapid 15% pullback, thats the biggest thing I'll be looking out for across the next 3wks, if that melt up happens I'll be happily taking some profits in expectation of that one day where the market is down 5% overnight.

Anyone having issues with Degiro??

Can't even get through by phone. Serious issues today. Can place bid or asks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Was fine about 2 hours ago anyway.
    Bought a few shares.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Logged in on the PC just now with no issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Kilboor wrote: »
    It's weighted to Sava currently which is annoying to be honest, I'd consider ANVS to be the ultimate hidden gem prior to the formers rise.... :(

Watch Sava today, see if it falls on open and see how ANVS reacts. Anything under 16 dollars looks a good entry right now to me.

Always going to be massive consolidation on a low volume pumped stock like ANVS.

At 16 now. You would expect it to drop a bit more today.

Logged in on the PC just now with no issues

Can log in fine, but cannot execute. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

At 16 now. You would expect it to drop a bit more today.

I'm all over it at this range. RIP the rest of my cash. :p

Everyone's favourite stock is up 55%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Supercell wrote: »
    MARA and PERI doing great for me today, expecting/hoping both of these double by the summer.

Certainly motoring today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

GME and AMC going up again today with volume of 20M in first 30 mins for GME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

neris wrote: »
    start shorting FBD judgment gone against them in the case taken by the pubs

Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭positron

Darm GME stock, I don't have any nail left to chew.

While GME is all fun and games, Sony posted profits and the share price went up another 5% this week. They literally can't make enough PS5s to meet the demand. What a nice place to be for a company!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭This is it

Strap in

#tothemoon

Kilboor wrote: »
    I'm all over it at this range. RIP the rest of my cash. :p

Well I jumped in too at 14.03, thanks Mate.

Damb I missed that dip. It was quick. Nice recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

aaah man.. conference calls all day today, missed this what a steal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

VGAC getting the SPAC lash today? (down 8%)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Damb I missed that dip. It was quick. Nice recovery.

Me too that was quick, as posting it's bounciyng from 19 - 16

Edit and I just note a bank transfer to DeGiro hasn't gone through yet, leaving me 167 EUR to throw in somewhere - any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

neris wrote: »
    start shorting FBD judgment gone against them in the case taken by the pubs

I was tempted to do that this morning but it was rising as I was watching it, up over 6% today, how is that possible. I must check if it's mentioned on WSB. :D

DutchYurt wrote: »
    aaah man.. conference calls all day today, missed this what a steal!

TBH my timing isn't great, got lucky with this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Tried to buy Immunocore a few times today but it gets rejected each time. Is it because on launch day only certain people can buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ah now I don't think we can expect or want the feds to step in every single market correction lol, most certainly not what probably would be some sort of minor 10 or 15% taking profits correction

Looking at the s&p last year, we are on our 3rd long steady 2month bull phases, the previous 2 ended up with a melt up towards the end, then a very rapid 15% pullback, thats the biggest thing I'll be looking out for across the next 3wks, if that melt up happens I'll be happily taking some profits in expectation of that one day where the market is down 5% overnight.

I'm sure it'll pop down at some point, but whether that's today, next Friday or the following Friday is anyone's guess. If you come out today, and the drop is in 2 weeks, chances are it'll only come back to today's price anyway, so what's the point.

And look at the pattern, each time it dipped it was back at an all time high in 2 weeks, don't lose sleep over it

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Tried to buy Immunocore a few times today but it gets rejected each time. Is it because on launch day only certain people can buy?

Where have you tried buying it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

PERI unstoppable , bought on monday $13.51, right now its $19.50..nice week, only regret is that i didnt go all in first time on PERI and now am afraid to commit more.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

GME is the best entertainment in a long while. ;)

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Seelos Therapeutics (SEEL) has been climbing steadily over the last couple of months, up around 300%, up 10% today, not really sure why.

Luckin Coffee (sorry for mentioning it again lol, I'm finally over my PTSD on it), -46%, whats happening now lol?

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm sure it'll pop down at some point, but whether that's today, next Friday or the following Friday is anyone's guess. If you come out today, and the drop is in 2 weeks, chances are it'll only come back to today's price anyway, so what's the point.

And look at the pattern, each time it dipped it was back at an all time high in 2 weeks, don't lose sleep over it

Agreed, I more try just to match my swing trade buying and selling to it, I wont buy as much if the market is looking very extended, instead I'll keep more cash on the sidelines. That goes especially for my spreadbetting account which is levered 5 to 1 on shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Luckin Coffee (sorry for mentioning it again lol, I'm finally over my PTSD on it), -46%, whats happening now lol?

Declared bankruptcy

Everyone's favourite stock is up 55%.

But still back 500% from its peak lol. And if you bought at the peak, and suffered that -500%, it will take alot of +55%s to ever get back there lol (I've been there with some cryptos and other growth stocks along the way lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Where have you tried buying it from?

Not buyable on DEGIRO right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

In memoriam of RIGOLO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Can someone tell me how I recognise meme stocks so I can stay away from them.

• Advertisement

Luckin Coffee Files Bankruptcy in U.S., Will Keep Shops Open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

GME threw me one last bone

bought a $90 call ( which expires today ) yesterday near the close for $105 when the stock was @$54

sold today for $550 when it touched $90

made up for the losses this week from either buying options or a handful of shares

thing has now made me $1250 in total between options and physical which while not impressive , its nice to not loose while having a bit of involvement in all of the craziness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ad sector is the new EV at the moment, yolo'd into KBNT today, feel that one will have its turn soon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Ad sector is the new EV at the moment, yolo'd into KBNT today, feel that one will have its turn soon.

Fook ya, I don't yolo but you made me yolo just there ha, I was looking at it earlier also.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

skillz jumped 20%+ yesterday after a deal with the NFL was announced. I looked into them when I saw a few people had picked them in the stock picking contest and bought some. Up another 4% today..

Also mentioning Etsy, its been growing solidly for several months - and the current situation in the US is ideal for it to keep growing. I think this is great business - plus it got a positive Musk tweet recently... never hurts...

• Advertisement
Advertisement