Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Winklevoss (Gemini) are setting up their own trading platform after today to turn people away from Robinhood. They has been on side of WSB throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

RH looking for credit lines from lenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Any predictions of price at opening?

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Any predictions of price at opening?

300+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭This is it

dan786 wrote: »
    Winklevoss (Gemini) are setting up their own trading platform after today to turn people away from Robinhood. They has been on side of WSB throughout.

Huge opening there for someone to pick up all the loving customers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

MuddyDog wrote: »

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

buyer95 wrote: »
    Source?

CNBC and Bloomers

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

Is NIO a good long term investment? I am looking to invest in some electric car company, or some established company who are heavily investing in that side of things - with the plans in the next 10 years these are bound to increase?
    Any recommendations?

Why would RH themselves be affected by this unless they themselves shorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Timing belt

Why would RH themselves be affected by this unless they themselves shorted?

Maybe loosing their customer basis and having bills to pay has something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jake frost

Is NIO a good long term investment? I am looking to invest in some electric car company, or some established company who are heavily investing in that side of things - with the plans in the next 10 years these are bound to increase?
    Any recommendations?

There is a separate thread on all things NIO here. They have gobe up a lot in the last 12 months.. I have sone for the long hall

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

jake frost wrote: »
    There is a separate thread on all things NIO here. They have gobe up a lot in the last 12 months.. I have sone for the long hall

Thanks I will have a look for it - I just saw it mentioned a little bit on twitter. Think it may be a wiser investment of money and time then the current shenanigans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

Maybe loosing their customer basis and having bills to pay has something to do with it.

From forexlive - grammar is theirs - I'm just watching from the sidelines.
    An in summary update of where Robinhood is at.
    the firm has drawn on credit lines in amounts said to be 'hundreds of millions of $" by media reports
    lenders to the company include banks like JPMorgan & Goldman Sachs
    the firm has raised margins on trades

The causation runs:
    Stock-trading clients of Robinhood clients take on margin deb
    Robinhood lends clients the cash to do this and, in turn, has drawn on credit to front the cash
    the risk to the 'Hood is if the stocks fall hard client margin debt may not get paid back
    RobinHood moved to control this risk both by placing curbs on trades and drawingon credit lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

RH are finished, they won't recover from this...they stopped people from trading, from potential making profits..
    #StopTheSteel.. Oh wait that's being used already

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Any recommendations?

Hell of alot better and safer bet than any sort of gme amc carnage lol. Other good growth companies I'd recommend are NNDM, UMC, TSM, square, fiverr, enphase energy, digital turbine, NET, DAC, BNGO, go off and do your homework on whatever stock before you buy, and I'd suggest aiming to buy when the stock pulls back to or under its 20day moving average line, lucky for you all this WSB carnage has pulled many of them back already.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Source?

There was something on cnbc (around 10pm earlier) about RH and bank credit lines

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Everyone expecting AMC and GME to rocket �� once RH is back up and running on these stocks again, however, I think the the buzz of it has passed for newbie traders or people hoping to jump on the bandwagon as they probably feel the time has passed. Imo. Hope I’m wrong.

what happened today will deter new buyers who might have been enthused to get on board , the big dogs might well allow open trading again and feel their tricks today have done enough

dan786 wrote: »
    Germans bought it at 350$ this morning and bought the price upto to $500 premarket so doubt they will be selling in the morning. They will be buying more to lower their average cost.

the volume traded on the german exchange is miniscule , secondary listings dont tell us much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Timing belt

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    what happened today will deter new buyers who might have been enthused to get on board , the big dogs might well allow open trading again and feel their tricks today have done enough

We don't have a clue what the sort position is any more so the short squeeze is more than likely gone out the window and now all you have is a game of pass the parcel till the price drops.... Just move the parcel quickly so you don't get stuck with it :D

• Advertisement

Looking at twitter there seems to still be a drive for an upwards trend tomorrow. Also allot of anti RH comments too, the plan is to hold their positions.. not sure it it makes any difference believe shorts managed to cover themselves today. Trading among themselves to drive price down and reduce exposure(don't really understand it but) short losses seem to be less then they were yesterday from my reading

Looking at twitter there seems to still be a drive for an upwards trend tomorrow. Also allot of anti RH comments too, the plan is to hold their positions.. not sure it it makes any difference believe shorts managed to cover themselves today. Trading among themselves to drive price down and reduce exposure(don't really understand it but) short losses seem to be less then they were yesterday from my reading

perhaps with GME but AMC and BBBY are DOA

300+ after hours.

perhaps with GME but AMC and BBBY are DOA

It's past my bedtime.. but after hours stocks are up.. Ive a few hundred in amc got in at 4.5(speculation only). Plc might be under a different name in 5yrs..will read the hipe morrow and maybe sell to invest into something long term.. Greed is good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

Their dirty tricks will have put off some investors, but it's brought in more in solidarity.

Read the reddit and a lot are just gonna HODL and increase position.

KOSS is doing well after hours again. This was 4$ stock 3 days ago and went 100+ yesterday

Delighted to see GME still going. The fat cats on wall street are looking over their shoulders for once.

$335

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Id love to know what the ceo & board of gamestop are thinking from a business point of view now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

neris wrote: »
    Id love to know what the ceo & board of gamestop are thinking from a business point of view now
    Probably dumping all the shares that they got as bonuses down the years and laughing their holes off.

Advertisement