Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Why am I getting this error trying to buy on the Borse

Screenshot-20210129-091222-2.jpg

I think some brokers are limiting prices and amounts still, their systems probably cant read the the premarket and only see the close price so its kinda ****ed that you cant set anything close to what it currently looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭thomas 123

GME is so volitile if you were willing to buy 5 shares you should be willing to write most if not all of that money off, I don't have gme and I'm not buying in esp at the current price(i missed the train, I'm sure another will be along again) . If your going in id work out what price you will sell at in advance.. and stick by the plan

Yeah I’m in it since $32 or less thank fully!

So I am still in lots of profit percentage wise but also don’t want to miss out on any potential sky rocketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

VinLieger wrote: »
    I think some brokers are limiting prices and amounts still, their systems probably cant read the the premarket so its kinda ****ed that you can t set anything sloe to what it currently looks like.

That's my Degiro account, don't tell me they're in on it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

WSB is upto 5.7 million and with the option to buy today, dont think many will be selling. A lot bought for 350-400 and will want to recover or make profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Why am I getting this error trying to buy on the Borse

Screenshot-20210129-091222-2.jpg

This has always been a thing on Degiro. There's certain limits you can set your order to. If the price was say 270 you'd be able to set that order no bother. Not sure exactly how they calculate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Yeah I’m in it since $32 or less thank fully!

So I am still in lots of profit percentage wise but also don’t want to miss out on any potential sky rocketing.

why not sell 1 or 2 shares and at least get back the money you put into it. that way everything else is a bonus?

So Revolut kindly allowed me to buy shares this morning. Is there any point queuing up an order now?

It's just a punt, on my part. I don't mind if I lose a few quid.

That's my Degiro account, don't tell me they're in on it as well.

Most brokers have limits. As the closing price was 197 , your buy limit is a bit too high and normally unrealistic as not stock is going to go up over 110 overnight unless its GME of course but I think its general rules that the limit price must be somewhat near to the current price (premarket etc not counted)

daheff wrote: »
    why not sell 1 or 2 shares and at least get back the money you put into it. that way everything else is a bonus?

It’s already done :)

So Revolut kindly allowed me to buy shares this morning. Is there any point queuing up an order now?

It's just a punt, on my part. I don't mind if I lose a few quid.

It will go up at open but may come down crashing again like yesterday later on

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    Most brokers have limits. As the closing price was 197 , your buy limit is a bit too high and normally unrealistic as not stock is going to go up over 110 overnight unless its GME of course but I think its general rules that the limit price must be somewhat near to the current price (premarket etc not counted)

So how can you buy it as it's being actively traded in Frankfurt, I get what your saying but it doesn't make sense as the price is live.

So how can you buy it as it's being actively traded in Frankfurt, I get what your saying but it doesn't make sense as the price is live.

You can set a limit order up to the upper bound. Or below the current price.

Or the current price.

You would have to buy on the Frankfurt exchanged search GME on DEGIRO and it should be a separate listing I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Red day in the market today for sure - restrictions lifted on WSB pumps , BTC whale just pushed it through the downtrend line and its going mental again as a result this morning, all the hot money will FOMO into these.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Im out as soon as it opens! Hopefully with some healthy profit!

Kilboor wrote: »
    You can set a limit order up to the upper bound. Or below the current price.

Or the current price.

Yes but the buy in price is way above the upper bounds so your blocked from buying it. I'm offering the ask order should be filled, I've never run into this with a buy order. I've seen it with sell orders.

thomas 123 wrote: »
    You would have to buy on the Frankfurt exchanged search GME on DEGIRO and it should be a separate listing I think!

That is the Frankfurt exchange I was trying to buy on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Interesting how BTC is up so much this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

GME almost hitting 400 in pre market.

AMC getting pumped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Picked up some Dogecoin for an adventure.

• Advertisement

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Interesting how BTC is up so much this morning.

Yeah a lot of people probably got out yesterday and pumped back into BTC also the anticipation of when this is over and everyone who gained will also be going into it with their gains.

Once the brokers run out of cash again they might disable buying again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Don't queue orders to buy. It will go down again today when the funds sell off to each other to mimic a mass sell.

It dipped to 120 yesterday. I reloaded at 126 luckily.

Keep an eye on it closely.

Shedite27 wrote: »

You could be a bit late to that party, it'll drop like a hammer at some stage this morning.

Yes but the buy in price is way above the upper bounds so your blocked from buying it. I'm offering the ask order should be filled, I've never run into this with a buy order. I've seen it with sell orders.

Ah ok didn't catch that. Looks like a problem with Degiro's end so. If the last price was around your price then you should be able to place that order

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

Shedite27 wrote: »

dropping like a stone now

Don't queue orders to buy. It will go down again today when the funds sell off to each other to mimic a mass sell.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking now.

Yeah gotta watch it like a hawk today, anticipate a VW dip+spike

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

daheff wrote: »
    dropping like a stone now

A Dog isn't just for Christmas an hour

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It took around 2 hours for it to hit the bottom yesterday. Immediately at open the price shot up.

Advertisement