Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Ugh that's annoying as I can't even cancel it and it's stuck with my funds locked.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dan786 wrote: »
    Robinhood apparently auto-sold peoples shares at $118

How can they do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Where are you seeing that? Jesus thats just beyond criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Where's NAKD in all this? WHY DID I BUY NAKD.. all my learning and grinding for the last year went out the window today haha

Sometimes we all get caught in the frenzie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭This is it

awec wrote: »
    How can they do that?

There'll probably be something in their T&C's, either way they're done. Getting hammered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

VinLieger wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that? Jesus thats just beyond criminal

Its on twitter people posting screenshots etc of emails they got

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I hope no SPAC's announce taking Robin Hood public for a bit. Not going to be a good time for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Surely they have to be sued to hell if thats true

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Surely they have to be sued to hell if thats true

id say therell be law suits right left n centre on this. Saw one legal firm in the states on twitter looking for robin hood users to contact them if they were in GME or trying to buy it.

Finally approved on revolut. Now do i pull the trigger or not haha

I'm still waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

If the below is true, they likely have profited greatly from this with new shorts.

https://twitter.com/justinkan/status/1354853920762253315

I hope he can back that claim up...

From twitter

Es18GtQXIAokQDj.jpg

Was this for shares on margin or actual fully owned shares sitting in an account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

From twitter

Es18GtQXIAokQDj.jpg
    That has to be fake, people will be doing a Rambo if they were robbed like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

It could have ended at GME, they could have just taken the hit and continued on. There's literally millions of people, and millions more due to the news coverage who will throw a collective amount of money to chase up any shorts in the next few months over the head of this not to mention legal proceedings. I don't think these hedge funds done a very good job of risk management if all they thought was going to happen was a legal case which they could afford to pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 whistlebl0wer

reddit.com/l6y7om

Can't post the link but well worth the read - Best analysis of today's events I've seen so far

Webull opened up AMC and GME again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Great news. Hopefully the rest will follow.

dEtrade back allow allowing GME and AMC

Looks like everyone is opening back up price will sky rocket if they do

Price started to go up slowly already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

TastyWorks (an obscure broekr I had an account with), closed their purchases this morning and just emailed to say they are open again

• Advertisement

The shorts have gone from 140% to 249% apparently.

Where are you seeing this?

Is there any chance if this is because the funds that were exposed are now covered?

Silly question maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭riddles

Does Webull allow after hour trading and is it safe to use? thx

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ok the dust has far from settled yet ha, but where to for the stockmarket now? Also welcome all you new traders. I'm gonna go out on a whim and predict we'll get a nice bounce back and pump across the market as all these new investors all bring even more capital into the stockmarket lol.
    I reckon this could be another kick up the backside for the bull market. Shorts will be less common, more going long

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Magno_DT

Sorry DutchYurt for posting this in last year's thread (Real facepalm moment on my side)- Ironically enough, I was just in there to see if anyone was still stupidly posting!

Can anyone explain to this mortal what problem the hedge fund companies have with what happened to GME? I mean so a Reddit forum pumps a stock price into oblivion. Why didn't they just stay away from the stock and continue with their daily business?

How can they do that?
    I suspect they only sold shares if on margin

Magno_DT wrote: »
    Sorry DutchYurt for posting this in last year's thread - Ironically enough, I was just in there to see if anyone was still stupidly posting!

Can anyone explain to this mortal what problem the hedge fund companies have with what happened to GME? I mean so a Reddit forum pumps a stock price into oblivion. Why didn't they just stay away from the stock and continue with their daily business?

Reddit crowd only got involved because the Hedge funds were so exposed.

Magno_DT wrote: »
    Sorry DutchYurt for posting this in last year's thread - Ironically enough, I was just in there to see if anyone was still stupidly posting!

The stock was shorted. That was the whole point of this. The hedge funds shorted it and were losing billions as they had to cover it. The higher the price went the most hedge funds lost.

Where are you seeing this?

From Reddit. Someone posted a screenshot with a full list.

• Advertisement

riddles wrote: »
    Does Webull allow after hour trading and is it safe to use? thx

Webull is very safe. If I was in the states I'd use that over Robinhood

Advertisement