Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

crushproof wrote: »
    Portfolio down overall 11%, I think my portfolio became too tech focused over the past few months. Plays like NNDM and GEVO are way way down and likewise SPAC's (looking at you CCIV). I stupidly delayed getting into travel related stocks, Easyjet and TRIP are my biggest greens and I should have got into more. Was so obvious they'd continue to gain.

Ah well, it's all long term so see how it plays out, at least BTC hasn't crashed....yet!
    Tech hasn’t stopped being a trend just because we’d one red week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Those swings are a bit on the high side, you must be speculative heavy in your port folio

Wild swings you say, hold my beer....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,118 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

retalivity wrote: »
    Its been a good February, driven by Argo primarily

04f0f338d820006248d79b38ef922835.png

Following up on this, still up for the month of February, but last week hit me hard. Will be averaging down a few of the stocks that have driven the dip - PLTR, GOLD, UWMC, BCLI & FROG.

Onwards and upwards downwards sidewards for March!

93e7f9695e9c4e09ea1aeed7b2153d5c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Naaah sorry lad this doesnt sit well with me, he lost 40k in profit/green of his account but how many hours, days, weeks, months, years has this person given their life of trading to build that profit.

I hate this bollix of of "its just profit youve lost",yeah its profit, but that profit didnt come easy, that profit didn't come with risk. Don't underplay a lose for people, whilst it may not hurt in the pocket (and ive been someone -5k when I shouldnt have been) don't dismiss anyones loss even if its from profit.

House Money Fallacy isn't it? Since you don't view it as your own money you treat it differently and take more risks with it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I know reddit in general is the internet toilet but there are parts worth a look, came across this sub today for penny stocks I thought was worth sharing - https://www.reddit.com/r/pennystocks/?f=flair_name%3A%22DD%20%3ADD%3A%22

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sos-hindenburg-idUSKBN2AQ2PQ

Hindenburg just released there next report: SOS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Supercell wrote: »
    I know reddit in general is the internet toilet but there are parts worth a look, came across this sub today for penny stocks I thought was worth sharing - https://www.reddit.com/r/pennystocks/?f=flair_name%3A%22DD%20%3ADD%3A%22

Good subreddit but be careful of pump and dumps. Some groups even hijack legitimate DD posts and use it to pump and dump stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

For tax tracking purposes I'm wondering what type of spreadsheet people (especially Degiro users) use to keep track. Or what reports Degiro can generate to make this simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

Gorteen wrote: »
    Am I naive to think that with the departure of UB, AIB & BoI could benefit from the windfall of "new" customers?

Nope...ptsb too. All have gained on the news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

daheff wrote: »
    Nope...ptsb too. All have gained on the news

And kbc, revolut too will nab customers don't forget

Anyone been following Bill Ackman on twitter regarding psth II? What do you make of it?

• Advertisement

Anyone been following Bill Ackman on twitter regarding psth II? What do you make of it?
    His idea to give PSTH shareholder the option to buy PSTH2 shares at cost is excellent, just not sure how he’d administer it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    His idea to give PSTH shareholder the option to buy PSTH2 shares at cost is excellent, just not sure how he’d administer it

He seems pretty adamant it can be done, will be interesting to see how this plays out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

Revolut will only get retail customers...and a sizeable cohort would probably already be customers. Those that arent may never be a customer (age etc).

KBC may get some more business customers, but I'm not so sure. More mortgages for sure (if they want them).

He seems pretty adamant it can be done, will be interesting to see how this plays out

He's probably thinking about people based in the US. I wonder if his way of administering it will be compatible with brokers like Degiro for example.

I wonder how the stock will react in the current SPAC climate if it's not Stripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Cielo waste solutions Cwsff is an upcoming stock that generates fuel from plastic , up 80 per cent on Friday trading, have a look and do your DD, got mentioned in British parliament earlier in the week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cronos wrote: »
    He's probably thinking about people based in the US. I wonder if his way of administering it will be compatible with brokers like Degiro for example.

I wonder how the stock will react in the current SPAC climate if it's not Stripe.

Probably end up as a good opportunity to buy shares in whatever company is due to people selling them on the basis it’s not stripe.

Having said that I seem to recall seeing PSTH has around 60% institutional ownership who may not sell off much.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

Cielo waste solutions Cwsff is an upcoming stock that generates fuel from plastic , up 80 per cent on Friday trading, have a look and do your DD, got mentioned in British parliament earlier in the week as well.

I was reading a bit on them this week. What platform can these be bought on.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Cielo are on Interactive Brokers. Looks like a good opp to get in early in what seems like a business with great potential.

Hard to know whether to jump on it first thing tomorrow or wait for a dip. Solid growth all last week in a turbulent week.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

This is also on Degiro, C36 is the ticker. Looks very interesting.

Hmm anyone got much experience in investing in this type of scenario. I usually would avoid when a company has risen so much so fast. But I'm not familiar with penny stocks. Just tough when you look at it on the multi year chart. Big day for them Friday for sure.

• Advertisement

why was it mentioned in the parliament?

Had a read of it there, looks like great potential, but you're basically banking on it proving the technology. GEVO is their american competitor which took off in the past few months. No idea if this will be like that

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Is anyone looking into ARRY Array Technologies, a ‘green tech’ company providing tracking technology for large-scale solar energy projects. Apparently, it's tracking technology assists solar panels to track sun to increase efficiency. IPO last October at $22 and now around $37.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

bish76 wrote: »
    Is anyone looking into ARRY Array Technologies, a ‘green tech’ company providing tracking technology for large-scale solar energy projects. Apparently, it's tracking technology assists solar panels to track sun to increase efficiency. IPO last October at $22 and now around $37.

I've swung traded it between 40 and 50, but it just can't get out of its current range of like 34 to 50$. 37$ is a reasonable price, with support at 34 so lower downside risk, however I think I'd wait for afew green days and for it to resume its short term uptrend. In terms of any company fundamentals etc, sorry no clue lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Kilough wrote: »
    Cielo are on Interactive Brokers. Looks like a good opp to get in early in what seems like a business with great potential.

Hard to know whether to jump on it first thing tomorrow or wait for a dip. Solid growth all last week in a turbulent week.

Company share price is dependent on if they can reduce the sulphur down to 15ppm. (Seems the price increase is due to the $1.5m pre sale).The results are expected to be released late April.

I don’t think this will be an issue. In November the company had a presale of 60,000 ltrs. I assume this went ok, as the price per ltr is more expensive in the new contract and the JV has started work on the next two plants.

I’m buying first thing tomorrow and will look to add more over the next two months.

Gevo a comparable company is over $9 a share.

Sorry, only getting back to this now.

Thankfully, few people got back to you, IB, DEGIRO to name a few.

Best of luck with it, hope it’s something for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ok I'm back pumping Magnis Resources MNS on the ASX again, starting to comfortably sit over the 30c as of close today, so I think it's going to edge up again. I've been waiting for them to fall back to below 27c to get back in but alas I waited too long.

Graphite mining in Tanzania, all the way up to gigawatt factory production in Europe Aus and US. US factory due to come online next year.
    Revolutionary battery re-charging (although don't they all these days).

Only thing is, it's the ASX, so you gotta stay awake :pac:

Bought some Celio on Frankfurt - didn't want the FOMO of watching on here if it takes off

Bought some Celio on Frankfurt - didn't want the FOMO of watching on here if it takes off

It’s shooting off there , good decision

It’s shooting off there , good decision

It had shot off before that unfortunately. It was mentioned in the Canadian House of Parliament Friday and jumped there while Frankfurt was closed, most of the gain showing in Frankfurt price was over the weekend. It opened at 69c this morning which is where I got in.

Read up a bit on it tho, interesting idea, turning plastic into Diesel. Basically the machines their process uses to do that is much cheaper than competitors, the key is to whether their diesel works or not. We'll know that by Summer. If it does, I suspect it'll take off, if it doesn't, it'll drop.

Interesting find DulchieLaois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

why was it mentioned in the parliament?

Had a read of it there, looks like great potential, but you're basically banking on it proving the technology. GEVO is their american competitor which took off in the past few months. No idea if this will be like that

There is a company called Trifol doing same thing in Portlaoise. A bit afraid of anything from Vancouver as I got burned there with a company called Block Technologies Inc in the crypto business.

Advertisement