Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thargor wrote: »
    Probably dumping all the shares that they got as bonuses down the years and laughing their holes off.

Yep, you'd have to be very wary of what has happened over the past few days.....on a few levels.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Delighted to see GME still going. The fat cats on wall street are looking over their shoulders for once.

Are they really though?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

What a mad few days hilarious to see them all rising back up again.

Dogecoin going waaay up now.

Social media has just realised its power on the stock market lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 17,760 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

We don't have a clue what the sort position is any more so the short squeeze is more than likely gone out the window and now all you have is a game of pass the parcel till the price drops.... Just move the parcel quickly so you don't get stuck with it :D

You were claiming the shorts were already all covered by opening yesterday but i think we know now that was far from the case otherwise there would have been no need for the no buy shenanigans with the retail brokers.

A colleague of mine in the states who trades regularly and has already made 200k off of this maintains it will take them at least 5-6 days to cover their positions so i doubt everything you say. Also you have as much evidence as anyone else for your negative theories so stop trying to speak with such authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭Timing belt

VinLieger wrote: »
    You were claiming the shorts were already all covered by opening yesterday but i think we know now that was far from the case otherwise there would have been no need for the no buy shenanigans with the retail brokers.

A colleague of mine in the states who trades regularly and has already made 200k off of this maintains it will take them at least 5-6 days to cover their positions so i doubt everything you say. Also you have as much evidence as anyone else for your negative theories so stop trying to speak with such authority.

Doubt all you want... keep pumping your money you can be like your colleague in the States.... you teach wall street a lesson :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Doubt all you want... keep pumping your money you can be like your colleague in the States.... you teach wall street a lesson :D:D:D

Im not pumping anything ive got what i needed out and anything left in is profit.

Also the needless condescension really helps your posts credibility....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭thomas 123

(GME)

Nice to wake up to 60% after market gains - hopefully that will translate to the share price today.

Some More “free market” tactics from Robin Hood - limiting how many shares you can own...

https://robinhood.com/support/articles/5u3FDQTWzsH0yNQ4sJXYsZ/changes-due-to-recent-market-volatility/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Thargor wrote: »
    Probably dumping all the shares that they got as bonuses down the years and laughing their holes off.

In reality i think they are probably working on a strategy to potentially use this to wipe their debt pile and build a war chest for the inevitable redevelopment of their online assets and move into pc parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

From what I read, robinhood fiasco is to do with settlement mechanism and clearing central unit jacking up the price for holding periods to the point of unaffordability for them. Essentially they didn't have the bank.

Also gas seeing Cohen being spiteful on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Ah the 10% movement emails, hello old friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Another Spac ARK are buying into, worth a look
    Expc

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

Dave1711 wrote: »
    What a mad few days hilarious to see them all rising back up again.

Dogecoin going waaay up now.

Social media has just realised its power on the stock market lmao

I see that Dogecoin.. same slogans being used.. Dogecoin to the moon etc.. and its a crypto created as a joke... People influencing others to buy into stock so they can gain from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

I see that Dogecoin.. same slogans being used.. Dogecoin to the moon etc.. and its a crypto created as a joke... People influencing others to buy into stock so they can gain from it

But that is Crypto, we know that it has no intrinsic value other than what someone is willing to pay for it

(GME)

Things heating up on our side : https://www.ls-tc.de/en/stock/gamestop-aktie

thomas 123 wrote: »
    (GME)

Things heating up on our side : https://www.ls-tc.de/en/stock/gamestop-aktie

Premarket in the US opened over 400, going up and down very quickly though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

Doge was the original too the moon currency. I remember mining it back in 2013 or whenever it launched for a laugh. Now here I am digging through an old laptop to find the wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Ah the 10% movement emails, hello old friends

A lot of liquidated RH accounts about to get thrown at this in large sums. And the hedge funds are still over 120% short.

Next few days will be mayhem.

Bloomberg talking about huge surge in pre maRket orders in gamestop after some restrictions have being removed

circadian wrote: »
    A lot of liquidated RH accounts about to get thrown at this in large sums. And the hedge funds are still over 120% short.

Next few days will be mayhem.

(GME)

If you had 5 shares what would you do - asking for friend.

Open to anyone to answer

• Advertisement

(GME)

Open to anyone to answer

I had 4 i bought at 86, sold 2 yesterday near open as things were dropping so fast i thought it might be over, got back my initial total input plus a small bit of profit and im keeping the other 2 in for the ride

VinLieger wrote: »
    I had 4, sold 2 yesterday near open to get back my initial total input plus a small bit of profit and im keeping the other 2 in for the ride

Yeah I’ve covered my initial also, but I want to walk away even, today might be my day to sell unless credibly convinced otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

All stock up premarket once again. AMC, GME and KOSS especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

(GME)

Open to anyone to answer

depends on how much you paid for it and how much you can afford to lose.

if it were me, I'd HODL to see what happens, but can appreciate a lot of people won't want to lose money. A lot of the reddits are now in it as a crusade because of how brokers stopped them buying. A lot are talking about just not selling to burn out the hedge funds. Some have small amounts on the line some have big amounts on the line, but from the sounds of it they are happy to lose the lot to get back at these hedge funds & wall street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Could be a risky play keeping GME over the weekend. A lot of time for anything to happen before retail can sell again.

Yeah I’ve covered my initial also, but I want to walk away even, today might be my day to sell unless credibly convinced otherwise!

If you want to walk go for it, you need to be happy with your decision dont let someone else bully you or tell you what to do. Personally this has made what would have otherwise been an average boring lockdown week incredibly exciting and even if i get nothing out of it bar the small profit i already have i will have enjoyed the ride and when the stories and documentaries are told in the next weeks and years ill be happy knowing i was involved till the end even with my paltry 2 stocks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why am I getting this error trying to buy on the Borse

Screenshot-20210129-091222-2.jpg

(GME)

Open to anyone to answer
    GME is so volitile if you were willing to buy 5 shares you should be willing to write most if not all of that money off, I don't have gme and I'm not buying in esp at the current price(i missed the train, I'm sure another will be along again) . If your going in id work out what price you will sell at in advance.. and stick by the plan

(GME)

Open to anyone to answer

Personally I'd wait for 1000 or 0. Both some legitimate possibilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

daheff wrote: »
    depends on how much you paid for it and how much you can afford to lose.

if it were me, I'd HODL to see what happens, but can appreciate a lot of people won't want to lose money. A lot of the reddits are now in it as a crusade because of how brokers stopped them buying. A lot are talking about just not selling to burn out the hedge funds. Some have small amounts on the line some have big amounts on the line, but from the sounds of it they are happy to lose the lot to get back at these hedge funds & wall street.

As you say, only put in what you're willing to lose. I certainly wouldn't be making financial decisions on the back of presumed altruism of reddit posters. The people screaming HODL most likely FOMOd around 400+.

Advertisement