Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I don't have kids of that age, and had never heard about this when it was mentioned but I am quite interested. It's important to keep up with trends when investing, a 50 year old who has a blind spot for tech for example didn't do too well the past few years.

From what I've read of Roblox, sounds like the kids who play it as kids, can end up moving into developing games on it later, and there's a whole ecosystem of in game purchases that benefit everyone. I'm going to try to buy around IPO.

It will be interesting to see what happens when shares become available, I'm hoping the fact they are going the direct listing route will allow non-institutional investors to get in at a fair price. They've over 30 million daily users which is pretty impressive and still seem to be growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭neris

in2dark wrote: »
    Amazon without bezos will be cheaper ;-)
    He has expensive "hobbies" :-)

Just saw a thing on cnbc about him and i think jeff might be having a mid life crisis. New lady in his life, dress sense had changed, splurging on expensive real estate,

Ah yeah, it was unlikely that a bunch of redditors alone were driving this.

neris wrote: »
    Just saw a thing on cnbc about him and i think jeff might be having a mid life crisis. New lady in his life, dress sense had changed, splurging on expensive real estate,

Maybe he wants to focus more on Blue Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

A juicy analysis of the GME trades over the last couple of weeks. Makes the wsb noise look like a useful smokescreen.

https://www.sonecon.com/whats-really-going-on-with-gamestop/

Serious article. The numbers tell it all.
    The SEC could have a field day with this. Wall Street wins at the end of the day.
    Feel sorry for the people, some kids, that bought into all this.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

Serious article. The numbers tell it all.
    The SEC could have a field day with this. Wall Street wins at the end of the day.
    Feel sorry for the people, some kids, that bought into all this.

somebody on Wall St always wins. its just a flow of the tide between institutions

their trick is to make the sea higher all the time (by dragging in more money)

I don't understand the problem with those that piled into GME. I've only heard of people making gains. QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

TILARY Inc

Took a position at opening, should have taken profit by now but it's not retreating. Might be worth a look for a day trade.

There's that smell again...

I love it : )

• Advertisement

I love it : )

I wasn't referring to you. :)

I wasn't referring to you. :)

I thought it was the smell of pot on fire you got:D

I thought it was the smell of pot on fire you got:D

I have no idea what that sentence is supposed to mean.

I have no idea what that sentence is supposed to mean.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/03/could-tilray-be-a-millionaire-maker-stock/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I don't understand the problem with those that piled into GME. I've only heard of people making gains. QED.

For everyone that made money, someone had to loose. A lot got in above the $100 mark and still holding, or sold at loss.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

For everyone that made money, someone had to loose. A lot got in above the $100 mark and still holding, or sold at loss.

I've seen people on Reddit who've apparently invested thousands at well above that value. People really got carried away with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

treatyman wrote: »
    Any reason for the drop today? Am tempted now but might wait and see.
    That's the risk of investing in small cap biotech. Whole thing revolves around proving one concept. Oral vaccination is a novel concept yet to be proven and latest data is not encouraging. Don't see it coming back up for in near future.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Yep and a lot of them (USA) won't know it until they get their quarterly brokerage account statement or IRA/ROTH and discover that buried in there was some of fund exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

What a day....portfolio up almost 3%
    Banking some gains, opening a position in BCLI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

MARA and PERI doing great for me today, expecting/hoping both of these double by the summer.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭circadian

Bought Aurora Cannabis for shy of $11 a few days ago. Rising nicely now and with news of federal legalisation in the US I think it'll do well. Canadian based medicinal cannabis company.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

“I put in $700,000 into AMC this morning,”-Dave Portnoy [Barstool]-

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/barstools-portnoy-invests-amc-stock-losing-700k-gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭roosterman71

When ye are up on stocks how do ye manage it? Scale out or what? I'm trying to decide what way to do things. Up to now I was all in at the start, then when it rose up I was all out. Of course when the price doesn't go up I leave it there and pray!

Do ye like scale out 10% if the price rises by 10% or what is the best approach to get gains and protect capital?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

When ye are up on stocks how do ye manage it? Scale out or what? I'm trying to decide what way to do things. Up to now I was all in at the start, then when it rose up I was all out. Of course when the price doesn't go up I leave it there and pray!

Do ye like scale out 10% if the price rises by 10% or what is the best approach to get gains and protect capital?

Stop losses once its over a certain percentage gain. If im up 15%, ill put a stop loss in for 10% gain realisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

retalivity wrote: »
    Stop losses once its over a certain percentage gain. If im up 15%, ill put a stop loss in for 10% gain realisation.

dont forget about dividends though, record date etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Gevo ticking along nicely. Up 17% since I bought on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 45,294 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

AMC up 20% today

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cal naughton

Interesting development for the AMC wsb crew there was a coordinated mass buying into the stock at 1.00 eastern time in order to trick the algorithms which walked the price up to 9.60 falling a bit now but another planned for 2.00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Hi all.

Have been reading through this forum and it's previous incarnations over the past few months and have picked up a lot of what seems like useful info so thanks to all posters!

I've a few general queries:
    - I'm a generally time strapped newbie casual investor who would like to start off a sensibly diversified portfolio. The way I see it, I'd need maybe 20 odd stocks to reduce my risk and have enough diversification. Maybe mix in some bitcoin/other blockchain and gold or other physical asset. As a part timer, how can I stay abreast of all press releases, earnings calls, pipeline info, chatter etc. on a diversified portfolio? Or is it best to just pick long term stocks and forget about them?
    - Are posters on here working in the area of finance/investments generally?
    - Listened to a Podcast recently with Cathie Wood of Ark invest and using ARK ETF share picks seems like a good starting point. Any thoughts on Ark ETFs?
    - Any thoughts on best platform to operate on? Preferably free, low commission etc. Revolut, eToro, deGiro?
    - Any other thoughts on where to start when investing! I'll be investing money I can afford to lose

Thanks!

Advertisement