Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »
    APPS (digital turbine) had a good beat in their earnings and revenue today, up 12% after hours trading, hopefully will bring PERI up tomorrow also. I'm in MGNI also, in the mobile advertising sector as well, and its up 50% in the 2wks since I got in.

Peri and MGNI both rocketing off today, MGNI announcing a merger. Tempted to sell my mgni for a quick 100% gain. FLNT in this whole sector also and in a lovely uptrend last 6months also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Treppen wrote: »
    Someday I'll break even on these Viking Theraputics Shares, seems to be a bit of an uptick lately. Is that just general market sentiment or is there a phase 3 due (I can't tell from their website).

Wow just noticed its been a steady rise lately. I sold out a while ago, at a loss. Gave up waiting for good news. Used to be a darling stock of boards stock picks.
    I'm sure one day soon it'll rocket before plummeting back down again.

TBH I don't know, but when earnings season is over, lot of folks might be inclined to take profit and that could trigger correction...but again Fed's/govt might stop it.

Ah now I don't think we can expect or want the feds to step in every single market correction lol, most certainly not what probably would be some sort of minor 10 or 15% taking profits correction

Looking at the s&p last year, we are on our 3rd long steady 2month bull phases, the previous 2 ended up with a melt up towards the end, then a very rapid 15% pullback, thats the biggest thing I'll be looking out for across the next 3wks, if that melt up happens I'll be happily taking some profits in expectation of that one day where the market is down 5% overnight.

Anyone having issues with Degiro??

Can't even get through by phone. Serious issues today. Can place bid or asks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Was fine about 2 hours ago anyway.
    Bought a few shares.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Logged in on the PC just now with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Kilboor wrote: »
    It's weighted to Sava currently which is annoying to be honest, I'd consider ANVS to be the ultimate hidden gem prior to the formers rise.... :(

Watch Sava today, see if it falls on open and see how ANVS reacts. Anything under 16 dollars looks a good entry right now to me.

Always going to be massive consolidation on a low volume pumped stock like ANVS.

At 16 now. You would expect it to drop a bit more today.

Logged in on the PC just now with no issues

Can log in fine, but cannot execute. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

At 16 now. You would expect it to drop a bit more today.

I'm all over it at this range. RIP the rest of my cash. :p

Everyone's favourite stock is up 55%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Supercell wrote: »
    MARA and PERI doing great for me today, expecting/hoping both of these double by the summer.

Certainly motoring today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

GME and AMC going up again today with volume of 20M in first 30 mins for GME

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

neris wrote: »
    start shorting FBD judgment gone against them in the case taken by the pubs

Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Darm GME stock, I don't have any nail left to chew.

While GME is all fun and games, Sony posted profits and the share price went up another 5% this week. They literally can't make enough PS5s to meet the demand. What a nice place to be for a company!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭This is it

Strap in

#tothemoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Kilboor wrote: »
    I'm all over it at this range. RIP the rest of my cash. :p

Well I jumped in too at 14.03, thanks Mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Damb I missed that dip. It was quick. Nice recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

aaah man.. conference calls all day today, missed this what a steal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

VGAC getting the SPAC lash today? (down 8%)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

cronos wrote: »
    Damb I missed that dip. It was quick. Nice recovery.

Me too that was quick, as posting it's bounciyng from 19 - 16

Edit and I just note a bank transfer to DeGiro hasn't gone through yet, leaving me 167 EUR to throw in somewhere - any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

neris wrote: »
    start shorting FBD judgment gone against them in the case taken by the pubs

I was tempted to do that this morning but it was rising as I was watching it, up over 6% today, how is that possible. I must check if it's mentioned on WSB. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

DutchYurt wrote: »
    aaah man.. conference calls all day today, missed this what a steal!

TBH my timing isn't great, got lucky with this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Tried to buy Immunocore a few times today but it gets rejected each time. Is it because on launch day only certain people can buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ah now I don't think we can expect or want the feds to step in every single market correction lol, most certainly not what probably would be some sort of minor 10 or 15% taking profits correction

Looking at the s&p last year, we are on our 3rd long steady 2month bull phases, the previous 2 ended up with a melt up towards the end, then a very rapid 15% pullback, thats the biggest thing I'll be looking out for across the next 3wks, if that melt up happens I'll be happily taking some profits in expectation of that one day where the market is down 5% overnight.

I'm sure it'll pop down at some point, but whether that's today, next Friday or the following Friday is anyone's guess. If you come out today, and the drop is in 2 weeks, chances are it'll only come back to today's price anyway, so what's the point.

And look at the pattern, each time it dipped it was back at an all time high in 2 weeks, don't lose sleep over it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Tried to buy Immunocore a few times today but it gets rejected each time. Is it because on launch day only certain people can buy?

Where have you tried buying it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

PERI unstoppable , bought on monday $13.51, right now its $19.50..nice week, only regret is that i didnt go all in first time on PERI and now am afraid to commit more.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

GME is the best entertainment in a long while. ;)

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Seelos Therapeutics (SEEL) has been climbing steadily over the last couple of months, up around 300%, up 10% today, not really sure why.

Luckin Coffee (sorry for mentioning it again lol, I'm finally over my PTSD on it), -46%, whats happening now lol?

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm sure it'll pop down at some point, but whether that's today, next Friday or the following Friday is anyone's guess. If you come out today, and the drop is in 2 weeks, chances are it'll only come back to today's price anyway, so what's the point.

And look at the pattern, each time it dipped it was back at an all time high in 2 weeks, don't lose sleep over it

Agreed, I more try just to match my swing trade buying and selling to it, I wont buy as much if the market is looking very extended, instead I'll keep more cash on the sidelines. That goes especially for my spreadbetting account which is levered 5 to 1 on shares.

Advertisement