Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

awec wrote: »
    It took around 2 hours for it to hit the bottom yesterday. Immediately at open the price shot up.

The dip started 35 mins after market opened and kept going down after it. The problem here also is that all brokers apps crash for first 30-40 mins so you very risky with limit orders

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cal naughton

Looks like there could be a bit of value elsewhere as people sell out of long term holds into the shorted stocks. Looking to up my holdings in BNGO and GEVO both down in the pre market.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Kilboor wrote: »
    Ah ok didn't catch that. Looks like a problem with Degiro's end so. If the last price was around your price then you should be able to place that order

Something dodge going on, I couldn't buy at €312 and it's €350 now, if retail investors can't buy it who's running up the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looks like there could be a bit of value elsewhere as people sell out of long term holds into the shorted stocks. Looking to up my holdings in BNGO and GEVO both down in the pre market.

Thats my thinking too, have some cash waiting for just this today, hoping for a big dipper day :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Something dodge going on, I couldn't buy at €312 and it's €350 now, if retail investors can't buy it who's running up the price.

The Germans and those with $50,000+ can trade premarket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

dan786 wrote: »

If it's listed on DeGiro it should be available to buy. Anyone can buy shares on the Frankfurt exchange. Have they set limits so only Germans can buy on Frankfurt using DeGiro?

For pre market, Webull is a big discount broker in America that allows anyone to trade pre market.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The dip started 35 mins after market opened and kept going down after it. The problem here also is that all brokers apps crash for first 30-40 mins so you very risky with limit orders

Tbh the dip really started an hour before open when all the apps started announcing they wouldnt allow buying

I've often traded us/canadian shares on Borse, never any issue. This is odd, you should be able to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

This is exciting lol

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Why am I getting this error trying to buy on the Borse

Screenshot-20210129-091222-2.jpg

Most brokers have a limit of 25% above asking price as max sell /buy limit. Kind of stupid, but there you go.

If you bought on margin and are trying to stop the shares being shorted that isn’t possible. When you buy on margin the broker has 50% ownership. So they’ll lend them out.

• Advertisement

It's on Pat Kenny after the break now.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Anyone looking at silver ? Thoughts?

ddarcy wrote: »
    Most brokers have a limit of 25% above asking price as max sell /buy limit. Kind of stupid, but there you go.

If you bought on margin and are trying to stop the shares being shorted that isn’t possible. When you buy on margin the broker has 50% ownership. So they’ll lend them out.

I was offering asking so it's nothing to do with 25%. I was buying with my own funds not margin. I know how to trade this isn't normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

This should be cringey AF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Wonder if we will see as big a dip with RH etc available to trade today.

I see a lot of people made the jump to Fidelity in US yesterday too.

Expect a lot more buying from retail today than yesterday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

Elon musk is at it again, bitcoin in his bio and it went up $5000 lol

I was offering asking so it's nothing to do with 25%. I was buying with my own funds not margin. I know how to trade this isn't normal.

I’d guess they are only looking at market close / market hours data only and not pre-trading / after hours. The close price being 198, so that’s what they are using. I’d guess its a safety measure as after hours trading is highly volatile. But I see the frustration given the last few days as the stock will probably open at or higher than the 312 more (396 last checked)

I’d test on my account but I can trade after hours if I want, so probably can’t replicate.

I hope it rockets to 450-460 at open and then dips back down to yesterday levels of below 150 so I can buy more.

Looking at it again, if you have after hours it should go through. Or else see my last post. But I think it is basically only looking at open market hours data to set the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Aidan Donnelly has me crying here for the hedge funds

• Advertisement

Elon musk is at it again, bitcoin in his bio and it went up $5000 lol

Imagine being him, buy a stock at cents and then tweet and get the price to rocket and then dump. I am sure he has BTC himself.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Aidan Donnelly has me crying here for the hedge funds

Absolutely incredible the nonsense he's spouting, fair play to Kenny for reading out the listeners comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

Imagine being him, buy a stock at cents and then tweet and get the price to rocket and then dump. I am sure he has BTC himself.

He he surely does - is it counted as market manipulation if its crypto, so not regulated? smart of him if not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Pat Kenny 'We obviously have some key board warriors listening.' In relation to those texting in who have bought GME

GME, KOSS and AMC, trick seems to be buying at close and selling at open. Double your money every day. Seems to be going that way the last few days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

I heard Elon IS Bitcoin!???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

buyer95 wrote: »
    Pat Kenny 'We obviously have some key board warriors listening.' In relation to those texting in who have bought GME

The media dont like it if you dont follow their line and that of their buddies. CNBC, just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

GME, KOSS and AMC, trick seems to be buying at close and selling at open. Double your money every day. Seems to be going that way the last few days anyway.

Been that way on every stock forever

ELWVlGMXsAAJQ_J.png

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

I jumped in on ARB, 1675 shares BEP 82GBX. Still holding SNDL and AMC.

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    The media dont like it if you dont follow their line and that of their buddies. CNBC, just saying

To be fair Kenny did challenge that stockbroker dope and read out plenty of listeners opinions

Advertisement