Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

I've read online that it can be used to fill in for the strawberry and graham cracker in Unicorn Milk although a lot were saying it can substitute just the graham cracker and brings out the sweet strawberry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Fired up a Custard I made about 6 months ago last night. The main recipe (below) i found online and i then added graham cracker 0.5% and marshmallow 0.5.

French Vanilla (CAP) 3%
    New York Cheesecake (CAP) 4%
    Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 4%

Its by far the nicest juice I've made. Obviously its had the mother of all steeps so that'll aspect will be hard to replicate. Its a very eggy custard that has a lovely sweetness on the exhale.

Trond wrote: »
    Fired up a Custard I made about 6 months ago last night. The main recipe (below) i found online and i then added graham cracker 0.5% and marshmallow 0.5.

French Vanilla (CAP) 3%
    New York Cheesecake (CAP) 4%
    Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 4%

Its by far the nicest juice I've made. Obviously its had the mother of all steeps so that'll aspect will be hard to replicate. Its a very eggy custard that has a lovely sweetness on the exhale.

H... how did you wait that long... I could probably do a couple of days to a week but 6 months?! That's dedication right there.

Jsmurff wrote: »
    H... how did you wait that long... I could probably do a couple of days to a week but 6 months?! That's dedication right there.

It's actually longer! It's was made in early in December! I originally left it to steep for a month but went back on the smokes in January. :mad: My previous 3 batches were gone within a week!!!

Im just about off them again, back vaping since last week properly. Only using a AIO and a GS air at the moment. Heading to the Lille tomorrow so once in back from there I'll stop again completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

...Only using a AIO and a GS air at the moment...

I'm finding it hard to beat that combo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Once you get going with your DIY mixes, you'll always have something to vape, and something steeping away :) I was really impatient when I started, I wanted to have the juices to go, soon as I mixed. But I now have a bunch of juices over the month mark, even a few a couple of months steeped now.

I do have one custard, one of my ADV, that is good after a week. I was running low so made up another 100ml. It's as good after a few days as the month old batch. it just works really well given a few days. It's a forest fruit custard, that works a lot better than it might seem [some don't like fruity custards]

Wild Wood Custard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Anyone tried Doughnut King by CV? I mixed up some over the weekend and I'm gonna leave for a couple of weeks. I took a sniff and all I could get was Cap Vanilla Custard V1.

Going by the reviews of it on CV, I bet it's mostly Cap glazed doughnut, vanilla custard and probably some Bav cream and sweetener. With many custards you need to steep them for about 2 weeks or more. The one I posted above is a bit rare like that, it's pretty lush after just a few days.

The only doughnut concentrates I have are Cap Choc glazed - which is great,but limited use because of the choc I guess, and TFA frosted - which isn't much like a doughnut, more like an iced bun.

Once you get going with your DIY mixes, you'll always have something to vape, and something steeping away :) I was really impatient when I started, I wanted to have the juices to go, soon as I mixed. But I now have a bunch of juices over the month mark, even a few a couple of months steeped now.

I plan on making a 100ml batch of PicknMixdiy Unicorn milk sometime next week and let it steep while i am waiting on the h-priv and batteries. Once they arrive it should hopefully have a week or two down so I'll split it into two 50mls and while using one I'll let the other steep away and see if I find a noticeable difference.

Probably a stupid thing to base my logic off of but taking video quality as an example, standard HD and blu-ray are all the same to me 4k on the other hand has a noticeable difference but not enough for me to invest hard earned cash. I find much like my eyeballs my taste buds are the same. I never really got the same flavours of a vape as others would detect or describe so maybe short term vs long term steeping wont make much of a difference to me but hey that's half the fun. I wish chemistry in secondary school was this fun.

Going by the reviews of it on CV, I bet it's mostly Cap glazed doughnut, vanilla custard and probably some Bav cream and sweetener. With many custards you need to steep them for about 2 weeks or more. The one I posted above is a bit rare like that, it's pretty lush after just a few days.

The only doughnut concentrates I have are Cap Choc glazed - which is great,but limited use because of the choc I guess, and TFA frosted - which isn't much like a doughnut, more like an iced bun.

I have Cap glazed donut and it kinda tastes like cardboard to me.

I find v1 custard fairly sickening when i mix it at 5% or higher. Going by the smell of this Doughnut King I have a feeling that it's probably up at around 10%. I'm not a huge fan of the eggy flavour that most people enjoy but we'll see how this turns out.

• Advertisement

Cap choc glazed really needs complimentary creams. My Trá Mór mix is pretty good, http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/530493/Tr%25C3%25A1+M%25C3%25B3r

Not an ADV as it's very sweet. but I guarantee not a trace of cardboard :D

Also, if you're not into 'eggy' thick creamy custards, try TFA VC, it's much lighter, more like a vanilla cream really.

Cap choc glazed really needs complimentary creams. My Trá Mór mix is pretty good, http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/530493/Tr%25C3%25A1+M%25C3%25B3r

Not an ADV as it's very sweet. but I guarantee not a trace of cardboard :D

Also, if you're not into 'eggy' thick creamy custards, try TFA VC, it's much lighter, more like a vanilla cream really.

Finally Tramore gets it's own e-liquid! Looks good. I might make one called Courtown.

I have TFA VC but only used it once. I think I was a bit too heavy handed with it.

My cap choc donut recipe is based on DIYORDIE bronuts but I made some changes. It's great but i tend to get sick of it very quickly.

Chocolate Donut

2% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
    0.7% Biscuit (INAWERA)
    1% Cake (Yellow) (FW)
    7% Chocolate Glazed Doughnut (CAP)
    1% Double Chocolate (Clear) (TPA)
    0.7% Joy (FA)

Ha, yeah you should do an ode to Courtown, maybe I'll do Curracloe some time too :D

If you've been to Tramore and had a hot choc doughnut with vanilla ice cream from the promenade, that's what I was aiming for :)

I also did one based off of Bronuts, but found it a bit lacking. I think with Doughnut mixes you have to go full on. Not something I would vape daily either, nice with a coffee here and there though

Ha, yeah you should do an ode to Courtown, maybe I'll do Curracloe some time too :D

If you've been to Tramore and had a hot choc doughnut with vanilla ice cream from the promenade, that's what I was aiming for :)

I also did one based off of Bronuts, but found it a bit lacking. I think with Doughnut mixes you have to go full on. Not something I would vape daily either, nice with a coffee here and there though

Currently loving this in the morning with coffee:

Blueberry Muffin

0.5% Bilberry (FA)
    4% Blueberry Muffin (Flavorah)
    1.5% Cake (Yellow) (FW)
    1% Caramel (FA)
    1.5% Cookie (Biscotto) (FA)
    1% Lemon Sicily (FA)
    0.5% Torrone (FA)

Sounds good, I have a couple of blueberry recipes, still trying to nail a winner though. Best to date would be one I call Blue-Ray:

Blueberry (FW) 1%
    Blueberry Wild (TPA) 3%
    Grape (INAWERA) 2%
    Greek Yogurt (TPA) 6%
    Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA) 1%
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 2%

I could easily vape that one all day, the grape and blueberry work really well together. And well, I love any yogurt vapes in general. You could just as easily switch that out for cheesecake graham though, and it'll still be good, just not as sour.

Still yet to try that Bilberry, should have put some in my last order.

Sounds good, I have a couple of blueberry recipes, still trying to nail a winner though. Best to date would be one I call Blue-Ray:

Blueberry (FW) 1%
    Blueberry Wild (TPA) 3%
    Grape (INAWERA) 2%
    Greek Yogurt (TPA) 6%
    Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA) 1%
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 2%

I could easily vape that one all day, the grape and blueberry work really well together. And well, I love any yogurt vapes in general. You could just as easily switch that out for cheesecake graham though, and it'll still be good, just not as sour.

Still yet to try that Bilberry, should have put some in my last order.

I have about 7ml of Greek Yoghurt, must give it a go with something this evening.

Bilberry is really nice but extremely potent, I would hesitate using it at over 1% for fear of it taking over.

2 of my other ADV are Greek yogurt mixes.

FW blueberry is that way too, but it's got that artificial blueberry taste going on, acts better as a booster than a main. It seems to work well backing Blueberry wild. Still nothing like a true blueberry though, but with the grape, it's close.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

10% off all UK vendors. Code "brexit"

Har :D

I thought I'd have both my UK orders by this weekend, but once again, I may as well have ordered from Poland.

I love vape mail, especially when I'm running low!

Got my Darkstar VG, nic and usual strawberries in [30ml each sweet and ripe]

And my ecigstore uk order arrived too. A bunch of flavorings I've never tried. All 15ml bar the cereal 27, got 30ml of that one

TFA Acetyl pyrazine
    Cap Cereal 27
    Flav Boysenberry
    And Inawera Shisha coconut, strawberry, raspberry and vanilla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Cool, not at all. I'll send on 10ml for you to play with. Maybe send me on some juice you make using it some time? :)

Just want to say thanks a lot to you mate. I have vaped that Capella custard you sent me and it is heavenly. Where is the best place to order it from do you know? You have me addicted. ;)

Btw, I had mixed a new batch of that FlavourArt cream custard as suggested by another poster and it is not for me. It doesn't come anywhere close to Capella custard.

Edit: Got some Inawera flavours last week. I find a lot of their flavours to be less than great, but when you get a good one, it is real good. Their banana and cocopilada are 2 of my all day vapes, but from the latest batch I tested I would have to recommend their Bubblegum and Mango. Both are going in to my rotation. Mix some vanilla with the bubblegum to give it a sweet aftertaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

I love vape mail, especially when I'm running low!

Got my Darkstar VG, nic and usual strawberries in [30ml each sweet and ripe]

And my ecigstore uk order arrived too. A bunch of flavorings I've never tried. All 15ml bar the cereal 27, got 30ml of that one

TFA Acetyl pyrazine
    Cap Cereal 27
    Flav Boysenberry
    And Inawera Shisha coconut, strawberry, raspberry and vanilla

Let me know how you get on with the cap cereal 27, I'm very curious about that one.

Just want to say thanks a lot to you mate. I have vaped that Capella custard you sent me and it is heavenly. Where is the best place to order it from do you know? You have me addicted. ;)

Btw, I had mixed a new batch of that FlavourArt cream custard as suggested by another poster and it is not for me. It doesn't come anywhere close to Capella custard.

Edit: Got some Inawera flavours last week. I find a lot of their flavours to be less than great, but when you get a good one, it is real good. Their banana and cocopilada are 2 of my all day vapes, but from the latest batch I tested I would have to recommend their Bubblegum and Mango. Both are going in to my rotation. Mix some vanilla with the bubblegum to give it a sweet aftertaste.

Cap custard is great yeah :) I get it from DarkStar in the UK, same place I order my nic, VG and any flavours I'll want in a 30ml [when they have them in stock] prices are great, but you do need a UK address. They will post to Parcel motel or AddressPall, which is what I'm using. Basically, you set up AddressPal with Irish post, and they give you a UK address. The package will be directed to your local post office for collection, and it's 3.50 a pop, not too bad. BUT ... it can take anything up to 11 days in my experience. Just picked up one today, that only took a week, so it varies.

I have gotten a few iffy Inawera ones alright. I wasn't a fan of their strawberry or raspberry, not really sure on the banana. It's got that banana foam sweet vibe more so than the actual fruit. But their blackcurrant, pineapple, grape, pear and Cactus are great. I have already re-ordered some of those. Just be wary of their wild garden ones, they are not for the casual mixer, I got wild rose and wild strawberry from Jno on here, and they are very hard to blend in with anything.

Thought I'd give the Shisha ones a try, and just on first sniff test alone, they're going to be much better than the standard versions. Got the strawberry, raspberry and the vanilla. Mixed up some cereals today and used some of those for them. Will see how they develop.
    Let me know how you get on with the cap cereal 27, I'm very curious about that one.

Cereal 27 seems like great stuff, it's exactly what I was after. It's ... corn flakes! :D I made up some 'Frosties' - well, that's the aim. Used C27 with some brown sugar, Acetyl pyrazine, cream fresh and meringue, hope it turns out as good as it's already smelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Thanks for the info. I'll get on that addresspal asap.

I have tried nearly all Inawera flavours now. Yes I really like the pineapple and the blueberry is good too. Give the two I mentioned a shot next time you order (mango and bubblegum). I LOVE the banana, but I guess we all are different. :)

The banana is fine if I'm looking for that sweet/candy type, I think it may be because I really like Banana cream and also banana nut bread by TFA, and I'll compare any other banana to those. It's very different.

The Blackcurrant is lovely, it's Ribena, pretty much. And Cactus makes other fruits pop, and gives a juicy mouthfeel.

Will have a look at the bubblegum and mango. The only mango I really use is from Molinberry, it's part of my Long gone day recipe, one of my ADV

Early days, but i am having sneaky fills of my cereal mixes, and so far so good. Much more of what i want, not that fruit circle muck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Cap custard is great yeah :) I get it from DarkStar in the UK, same place I order my nic, VG and any flavours I'll want in a 30ml [when they have them in stock] prices are great, but you do need a UK address. They will post to Parcel motel or AddressPall, which is what I'm using. Basically, you set up AddressPal with Irish post, and they give you a UK address. The package will be directed to your local post office for collection, and it's 3.50 a pop, not too bad. BUT ... it can take anything up to 11 days in my experience. Just picked up one today, that only took a week, so it varies.

I have gotten a few iffy Inawera ones alright. I wasn't a fan of their strawberry or raspberry, not really sure on the banana. It's got that banana foam sweet vibe more so than the actual fruit. But their blackcurrant, pineapple, grape, pear and Cactus are great. I have already re-ordered some of those. Just be wary of their wild garden ones, they are not for the casual mixer, I got wild rose and wild strawberry from Jno on here, and they are very hard to blend in with anything.

Thought I'd give the Shisha ones a try, and just on first sniff test alone, they're going to be much better than the standard versions. Got the strawberry, raspberry and the vanilla. Mixed up some cereals today and used some of those for them. Will see how they develop.

Cereal 27 seems like great stuff, it's exactly what I was after. It's ... corn flakes! :D I made up some 'Frosties' - well, that's the aim. Used C27 with some brown sugar, Acetyl pyrazine, cream fresh and meringue, hope it turns out as good as it's already smelling.

Awesome! I'll have to get some so...

1st mixing session since last year tonight.

5×30mls. Messed around with few popular clones, made up some red astaire for a friend.

HICs Lemon Meringue Pie smells great already.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

1st mixing session since last year tonight.

5×30mls. Messed around with few popular clones, made up some red astaire for a friend.

HICs Lemon Meringue Pie smells great already.

did use a recipe for red astaire or just the concentrate? if so could you post it?

• Advertisement

Allan45121 wrote: »
    did use a recipe for red astaire or just the concentrate? if so could you post it?

Sorry it was the original concentrate. I read about a premade clone that's v cheap. It wasn't onepoundliqud but im near certain it was another English vendor. Someone on here might know.

Advertisement