Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CofMixture

Ah man, you're killing me with the obscure flavours :). I have a shed load of flavours already but that was going off the top recipes on ELR, which is basically just strawberries & cream variations (which are nice but not my cuppa, more of a refreshing fruit type of fella).

Really like the look your ones, the super split in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The first concentrates I bought were very simple, cheesecake graham, sweet strawberry and strawberry ripe, butterscotch with some custard and creams. I had 2 juices in mind that I wanted to try [Beard #05 and Claim your throne] of course over time I started looking at other people's mixes, and stealing ideas here and there. I used to think they were try harding, using arty farty concentrates just for the hell of it :D but the more orders I made the more odd ones I was throwing in to the basket. they don't always work out, I have a growing list of ones I'll never buy again!

Super split isn't bad, it turned out nice and creamy, but I still think it's lacking something

Long gone day and Paradise lost are my 2 personal fav's from my mixes, I really like Greek yogurt I guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Trond wrote: »

That's where I made my latest order, was expecting it to arrive today in fact, no sign yet. But I've used them a few times. Good prices, so long as you're buying a fair amount of flavours, as postage will be around €6 regardless, and then goes up over 2Kg I think?

They're one of the cheapest for FA concentrates too

That's where I made my latest order, was expecting it to arrive today in fact, no sign yet. But I've used them a few times. Good prices, so long as you're buying a fair amount of flavours, as postage will be around €6 regardless, and then goes up over 2Kg I think?

They're one of the cheapest for FA concentrates too

I didnt really need any tbh but bought a 2nd bottle of what Ive tended to use the most of thus far. Got an Ego AIO, 2 additional coils and 3 concentrates delivered for €30.73. The same order here is about €45-50

• Advertisement

They do have some great offers on mods now and then. In my order I got 2 Sony VTC batt's for 4.70 a piece too. It was a special they had on last week. The AIO were going for €11.50 or something at the time too, hopefully that's when you grabbed it?

They do have some great offers on mods now and then. In my order I got 2 Sony VTC batt's for 4.70 a piece too. It was a special they had on last week. The AIO were going for €11.50 or something at the time too, hopefully that's when you grabbed it?

€16.99! :mad: Still looks a nice piece of kit for the price of about 30 cigarettes.

I want to get back mixing properly asap. Ive been back on the smokes for a few months now and need something to entice me back to the ecigs. Plus I'll need a MTL device initially as Im pretty sure a nights drinking with my Uwell Crown might kill me now!

They would only have had limited amounts, I'd say they flew out anyway. I was surprised I managed to get 2 of the batteries. I did link the sale on here, but like always, it's about good timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

We're all such stingey c***s. I had no problem buying a pack of smokes a day now I'm holding out for 20% vouchers and rarely spend over 50 on an order. I just end up accumulating most of the concentrates as well!

e-dym are seriously good though. The FA are so cheap that you sort of have to splurge. Got some batteries from them on my last order too

Btw their cotton is fantastic. I was just bulking out an order and got 10 of their 10 cent cottons, they sent me a huge bag of it. It's really fluffy and rolled up into balls, not like that sheet cotton you get everywhere else. You only end up tearing the hard bit from the sheet cotton anyway. Seriously spend a euro on it, you get such a ridiculous amount

Well money was the 2nd factor in me kicking the smokes, I just couldn't afford to keep it up. Obviously my health was #1. But money was definitely a huge factor in me switching to solely DIY juices. The more I save the happier I am about vaping :D

I've got some of their cotton, but it was sheets they sent me, maybe I'll throw some in the next order.

I see Capella have a few new flavours out, anyone tried any of them yet? Pink lemonade, cereal 27, strawberry taffy, jelly candy, and V2 versions of New York Cheesecake and Popcorn.

The cereal one sounds like it might be good, looks to be on the cornflake with brown sugar side, rather than the lemon fruit circle side.

http://www.capellaflavors.com/

• Advertisement

As I was saying to Cagey earlier, I have a preference to light/refreshing/fruity vapes, but seem to be lumbered with a rake of custards and creams here. What fruit flavours should I be looking at for my next order? preferably not a candy or artificial taste. I'm hearing good things about FA bilberry

TFA wild blueberry is nice. Same for CAP passionfruit. I never ventured that much into fruits but I really want some blackberry

Inawera blackcurrant and pineapple are very nice IMO, I also like their pear and grape. Other fruits I will re-buy would be Capella's peaches and cream, TFA's banana cream [DX] and strawberry ripe, their blueberry wild as chipfox suggests isn't bad either. From FA I love their lemon Sicily, Fuji apple and forest fruit mix, still yet to find a really good raspberry though. I've had Capella's which was bland, and Inaweras which is very strong, but doesn't scream juicy raspberry to me. I hear FA's is good, and I plan to try that one some time.

Inawera cactus is a must buy I think, to compliment strong fruits like the pineapple and blackcurrant they do. It gives them a mouth watering juicy burst, and it tastes good in it's own right too.

It gives them a mouth watering juicy burst, and it tastes good in it's own right too.

Yep, that's what I'm looking for, cheers. You should be getting paid for this fella

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johanrobert

Drip Doctor i love this

CofMixture wrote: »
    Yep, that's what I'm looking for, cheers. You should be getting paid for this fella

Not at all. When I started mixing it was chipfox, 8mm and a few others on here kick.started me. I just watched a zillion videos after and joined every diy forum I could find and consumed info. Good to share ;)

Anyone ever used FA - Torrone? I don't remember ordering it, but it arrived along with others today. Will have to experiment with that one.

Yeah got it in to make Rhodonite (which I thought was ranked FWIW). It's a very strong artificial nut flavour, I wouldn't recommend it

I think I seen it used in a few recipes alright, and read the notes on it. I used to love nougat, maybe I hoped it would be like that, it doesn't smell like it. But, I'll give it a go.

If you make something decent with that then you're a genius Cagey. Let me know if you do, because I really can't conceive of anything that it'd work in where other nut flavours would be better

• Advertisement

Never tried any DIY, and don't really want to get heavy into it or anything. But I wouldn't mind dipping into something simple, like buying ready mix PG/VG/nic, and just adding flavour concentrates.

If say I buy a ready mix from Cloudhouse, of 20/80 PG/VG at 3mg nic, and just want to add flavour to make up a 30ml bottle, won't adding say 15% flavouring alter the ratio of PG/VG + the nic level?

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Anyone ever used FA - Torrone? I don't remember ordering it, but it arrived along with others today. Will have to experiment with that one.

Toblerone Chocolate Bar recipe

3% FlavourArt Cocoa
    2% FlavourArt Chocolate
    1.5 - 2% Acetyl Pyrazine
    1% FlavourArt Torrone

chipfox wrote: »
    LOL

Yeah I was just being lazy. Once I do get into something it becomes like an obsession. Ive threatened to do it for years. Always been interested in flavours, I'm a pretty decent cook so it made sense to at least try ;)

8mm wrote: »
    Toblerone Chocolate Bar recipe

3% FlavourArt Cocoa
    2% FlavourArt Chocolate
    1.5 - 2% Acetyl Pyrazine
    1% FlavourArt Torrone

Not got one of those other concentrates 8mm :D

Already got a recipe thrown together though with torrone in mind,

Here's what I'm mixing up: It's a chewy lemon slice Italian desert type thing. Name suggestions welcome, I find that the hardest part :D

Brown Sugar (TPA) 0.5%
    Cream Fresh (FA) 1%
    Lemon Sicily (FA) 3.5%
    Meringue (FA) 2%
    Nonna's Cake (FA) 2%
    Torrone (FA) 1.5%
    Vienna Cream (FA) 1.5%

[edit] Sticky Sicilian! Early impressions are good, the torrone is nice and light, giving a sticky, marshmallow type backing, the touch of brown sugar is adding a sweet caramel note. Will be testing over the next week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Made 250ml last night. 2×100 & 1x50 ml.
    All based loosely on simple elr recipes so that 1. I had the same or similar ingredients and 2. They were shake and vape.

I've made two of them before in smaller bottles and they got better as I got near the end of them. So this time I should at least find out how they taste when they've had a proper steeping.

Now to tackle a custard recipe while I've enough to keep me going while it's hidden away. ;)

One thing I have to do though, is get a scales. Far too much cleaning up otherwise.
    Aannndddd I know now that filling narrow neck bottles requires patience !!
    Best way for me to avoid spillage / overflow seems to be by squeezing the bottle you're filling gently to push out some of the air and then releasing the pressure as you fill the bottle up.

Scales are brilliant, I don't mind syringes, that's what I started mixing with. But since getting a scales my actual mixing time has probably halved, and is a lot less messy. I still use the odd syringe for wider topped concentrates, and for getting VG into narrow topped mixing bottles [little tip, use a 10ml syringe, take out the plunger, pour the VG into the syringe and then push it through] But the very odd time. I did up a mix the other day without having to ponder beforehand, just scribbled down what I added off the cuff. I just stuck the bottle on the scales, and tared off each ingredient, as it was 100ml that was piss easy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Shinobollo wrote: »

One thing I have to do though, is get a scales. Far too much cleaning up otherwise.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scales-LB-501-Digital/dp/B005UGBG20?ie=UTF8&keywords=Aws%20LB501&qid=1465495269&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
    Bit expensive , great accurate scales though.

2x200g calibration weights ,
    ac adapter (110-240v) included , so there is no automatic shutting off every 30 sec like the others
    €43-45 delivered inc customs fee

Same scales at local market
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B005UGBG20/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1465495342&sr=8-1&keywords=Lb501&condition=new

The scales I have were €6 on ebay :D But I am planning to get a better one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Here are the scales I'm using http://www.ebay.ie/itm/252197050048?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I needed the 500gm max because I use a heavy glass 250ml beaker with a 50mm opening so the milk frother can fit...

Here are the scales I'm using http://www.ebay.ie/itm/252197050048?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I needed the 500gm max because I use a heavy glass 250ml beaker with a 50mm opening so the milk frother can fit...

You'd be better off with a scales that reads lighter, down to 0.01g and mix direct into your bottles. They're far more accurate. The milk frother thing never interested me. It doesnt speed the process up nor is it more effective than a quick warm bath and power shake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Just ordered one thanks. Can't go wrong for a 5er

Advertisement