Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

You'd be better off with a scales that reads lighter, down to 0.01g and mix direct into your bottles. They're far more accurate. The milk frother thing never interested me. It doesnt speed the process up nor is it more effective than a quick warm bath and power shake.

I know what you mean but I never mix anything under a 100ml of juice so these scales are perfect for me,I arrange my mixes with the size of the concentrate bottle,like a 20ml & I just dump the whole bottle into the mix,I have mixed recipes with different flavours but I find the cupboard gets loaded up with used bottles of concentrate that I know that I will never use again,so the lighter scale of 0.01g is not needed by me,you guessed it,I'm lazy git mixer :D:D I prefer to buy ready mixed bottles of recipe concentrate & just add my base & nic,still works out the same price approx but with no half bottles lying around,everything is binned.
    I have to use a frother,my arthritis stops me from shaking anything :D:D

At the beginning I enjoyed mixing recipes,I felt like a Professor or something but it eventually got boring doing it that way,I prefer vaping the stuff rather than mixing it,I still have to mix because I can't afford to buy shop liquids as I direct lung all my tanks except for a few I have in the bog.
    I do enjoy reading yours & others posts about the different mixes,as long as I'm not doing it :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

I know what you mean but I never mix anything under a 100ml of juice so these scales are perfect for me,I arrange my mixes with the size of the concentrate bottle,like a 20ml & I just dump the whole bottle into the mix,I have mixed recipes with different flavours but I find the cupboard gets loaded up with used bottles of concentrate that I know that I will never use again,so the lighter scale of 0.01g is not needed by me,you guessed it,I'm lazy git mixer :D:D I prefer to buy ready mixed bottles of recipe concentrate & just add my base & nic,still works out the same price approx but with no half bottles lying around,everything is binned.

At the beginning I enjoyed mixing recipes,I felt like a Professor or something but it eventually got boring doing it that way,I prefer vaping the stuff rather than mixing it,I still have to mix because I can't afford to buy shop liquids as I direct lung all my tanks except for a few I have in the bog.
    I do enjoy reading yours & others posts about the different mixes,as long as I'm not doing it :D:D:D

I can see myself mixing at 100ml most of the time as well but will look into the lower weight type scales as well at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You should be fine then, but anyone mixing below 100ml at a time really needs the 0.01g min weight. Say your mix requires 0.5% sweetener or whatever, in a 30ml mix. You really want the precision then.

I mix direct into the bottles, I do 30, 50 and 100ml mostly, with the odd 120ml. Even if I was to mix a larger batch at once, I can still do so, as I always just add the VG to top the bottle at the end, no need to weigh that ;) The scales I have reads 300g/0.01g so I'm well covered

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Just ordered one thanks. Can't go wrong for a 5er

Nice one,they are perfect for mixing,but as Cagey has said,the lowest scale is 0.1g,so mixing 5ml of liquid would be difficult to get the perfect mix,no problem mixing 30ml & bigger bottles,as most reviewers say...a few drops more or less doesn't really matter.
    When you get the scales,don't do what I did,these scales are already calibrated,silly bollox me decided to calibrate it & fukced it up,meaning,I had to find something that weighed 500g to calibrate it properly,it's ok if you have these weights in the kitchen but I don't,I had to find an object that weighed exactly 500g,after an hour of looking,I reached for my blow torch which I used for torching Kanthal wire a long time ago,weighed it on my kitchen scales & it read 500g,how lucky was that,I was then able to calibrate my scales properly.
    So don't calibrate :D:D:D

Mine needed calibrating, it was way off. I tested it with some coins first, and it was reading them at about half weight :/ luckily the one I got allowed you to select the weight to calibrate. So I used a couple of coins and I've tested it since, and it's still bang on.

10x €2 coins is 85g for example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_coins

• Advertisement

That is a handy way of calibrating,I never even thought of coins,nice one...

Yeah worst case is you have a bunch of worn out coins and they'll be off by 0.0something or other g, but if you use clean, newish coins, they should be bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Got sick of dealing with an atrocious website where I used to buy my juice and decided to go for it (with thanks to this thread)

Just tried my first mix. Never going back! Delighted with it

*It's great that I'll save a fortune too

*Now, to purchase ALL the new things, immediately.

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Got sick of dealing with an atrocious website where I used to buy my juice and decided to go for it (with thanks to this thread)

Paying a tenner minimum for a 30ml bottle & we can make 30ml for under a euro,something wrong somewhere...

Shinyitis moving in :D:D:D:D

_feedback_ wrote: »

Oh boy ... you're in for a brand new addiction! :D

Before I got into DIY I was paying over €20 per 30ml of my favourite juices. Scandalous. It was getting more expensive than smoking, as I tear through juice. I had to do something. I find myself with a lot more change in my pockets end of the week now, even though I'm still splurging on DIY stuff.

You can't beat the sense of accomplishment when you create a recipe yourself and it turns out to be nicer than the over priced premiums :)

Main thing, enjoy the ride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Been mixing from premade concentrates for a couple of years now, and dabbling in mixing my own. Just put in a few orders for 30 favours on e-dym and chefs vapour. Also bought some scales that go to 0.01g. Been watching Wayne walkers videos and I'm pretty interested in trying it.
    I use 30/100ml PE plastic bottles , I could never be arsed with droppers. Do you guys use glass or plastic bottles. Worried about the plastic leaching into liquids?
    I follow you on elr cagey. I'm gonna try some or your recipes and some of waynes.

It was Wayne's videos and Fresh03's that really made my mind up. Seeing mixing in action, seeing it wasn't as tricky as I used to imagine, and hearing how they described each flavouring in detail, about adding complimentary back notes and building your recipe rather than just bunging some banana and strawberry together and hoping for the best. Got me hooked in.

I use plastic bottles, I wash them out good after use and re-use too. Doesn't bother me, not had any issues yet.

Nice one,they are perfect for mixing,but as Cagey has said,the lowest scale is 0.1g,so mixing 5ml of liquid would be difficult to get the perfect mix,no problem mixing 30ml & bigger bottles,as most reviewers say...a few drops more or less doesn't really matter.
    When you get the scales,don't do what I did,these scales are already calibrated,silly bollox me decided to calibrate it & fukced it up,meaning,I had to find something that weighed 500g to calibrate it properly,it's ok if you have these weights in the kitchen but I don't,I had to find an object that weighed exactly 500g,after an hour of looking,I reached for my blow torch which I used for torching Kanthal wire a long time ago,weighed it on my kitchen scales & it read 500g,how lucky was that,I was then able to calibrate my scales properly.
    So don't calibrate :D:D:D

See - always ask the expert -
    or someone who's already fcuked things up :)

It was Wayne's videos and Fresh03's that really made my mind up. Seeing mixing in action, seeing it wasn't as tricky as I used to imagine, and hearing how they described each flavouring in detail, about adding complimentary back notes and building your recipe rather than just bunging some banana and strawberry together and hoping for the best. Got me hooked in.

I use plastic bottles, I wash them out good after use and re-use too. Doesn't bother me, not had any issues yet.

Yeah have to say, FRESH03s Blue Addy with slight modifications is already a fav mix

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Yeah have to say, FRESH03s Blue Addy with slight modifications is already a fav mix

I won 30ml of addy's yogurt concentrate and 15ml of Apalachian delight on his live show one night :) Addy's yogurt is really good, must mix up some more actually

BQVxsaH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Placing an order with chefsvapour, any discount codes knocking around??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

RoV's double dip seems to be a coil killer. Cool burned out with 20mls used, though I mixed with 20% concentrate so maybe I used too much.

Picknmix's key lime cheesecake is just gorgeous. If I don't get vaper's tongue in the next few days, I may finally have found an all day vape!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

RoV's double dip seems to be a coil killer. Cool burned out with 20mls used, though I mixed with 20% concentrate so maybe I used too much.

I only tried it from concentrate but it really wasn't for me. Very sweet, so I guess that is what wrecks your coils. And all I could smell was a hint of banana for some reason, which I hate, so I couldn't touch it after I got that into my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Placing an order with chefsvapour, any discount codes knocking around??
    they're chefsflavours now. they have a code on their homepage but not sure when it ends

chipfox wrote: »
    they're chefsflavours now. they have a code on their homepage but not sure when it ends

Cheers for that, head not switched on today :o Just registered and got 20% off the order, woohoo!

• Advertisement

Nic top up time. Any Darkstar codes about? Also need topping up on some flavorings VG and PG

Nic top up time. Any Darkstar codes about? Also need topping up on some flavorings VG and PG

Not sure if there is any for Darkstar at the moment, went looking myself and found nothing. Only the 10% off concentrates after you spend 65 or more.

Delighted with chefsflavours, 20% off when you register :)

Chefs are dearer though in general, but maybe that 20% makes up for it, must have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

chefs do free post over £30. it can work out better value than darkstar depending on what you get

other sites i end up getting buckets of stuff just to get the most value out of it. chefs are great for reasonable size orders

chipfox wrote: »
    chefs do free post over £30. it can work out better value than darkstar depending on what you get

other sites i end up getting buckets of stuff just to get the most value out of it. chefs are great for reasonable size orders

True that, done same many times. I'll have a better look into chef's. What's the code for the 20%?

What's the code for the 20%?

Just register on the site if not done already and stick in 'chefsflavours'.

Just register on the site if not done already and stick in 'chefsflavours'.

Yeah I see it now, looks like I was making a purchase on there as my basket was well stocked but as usual, half the stuff I want isn't available. Now I remember why I never bothered :D

Yeah I see it now, looks like I was making a purchase on there as my basket was well stocked but as usual, half the stuff I want isn't available. Now I remember why I never bothered :D

Lol! I may have went over board with custard recipes on my last order :o

Ever try using Eggnog in a custard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Justvape247 have a 7 day sale on. Discount code fueu20 for 20% off.

• Advertisement

Lol! I may have went over board with custard recipes on my last order :o

Ever try using Eggnog in a custard?

Not really a fan of eggnog, prefer my eggs cooked :D But could work in a concentrate form though maybe

Advertisement