Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

weird, it gave me more off my last order whisch was only £16, must have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

weird, it gave me more off my last order whisch was only £16, must have changed

Same here! Got about 5 euro off of 60 euro. I used DARK10 if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I guess no discounts on nic? Tried DARK-ECD or something and it gave me the same 2% off

chipfox wrote: »
    I guess no discounts on nic? Tried DARK-ECD or something and it gave me the same 2% off

Seems to be only 10% off on 60 euro's worth of concentrates.

Yup, it's the nic, codes don't work on that, just tried it there. When I add a concentrate it'll give discount for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Ok Peeps.
    How do you shake / mix your shake n vape(s) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Top Tips:

Have you seen those nice yoghurts in the shops the ones that you buy individually? They come in small glass jars with a plastic lid - well my wife loves these and I've being keeping the glass and lid as they make perfect mix jars and the lid seals airtight on them too.

So ingredients go in jar, jar goes in a bowl of warm water to loosen up the VG - then I use a milk frother to whisk the lot together. You can get a milk frother from a kitchen hardware store or Argos for less then €10.

I might transfer this to a bottle at some point later or make adjustments if it's a new recipe.

Protip: never fill a bottle. If you leave a lot of head space homogenising a mix is simple. I see people buying all these fancy gizmos to help them mix and "speed speed". It's all bs and a waste of money.

Afaik leaving too much air in your mixes will mute them quicker over time. I fill my bottles almost to the top, just leave enough for shaking it up good. I give mine a hot bath right away, and a good shake up, I feel it does help the ingredients to start gelling together nicely. Then they go away into the steep press, which is dedicated to all my mixes, new mixes go to the back so I kind of forget them for a week at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Made up my first ever batch. I only used a premixed base, but still much cheaper than buying fully made juice.

I didn't leave much room in each bottle, just enough to give it a good shake. Anything else I need to do before steeping?

Made 60mls of Milkman for himself, 80ml of double dip and 60ml of key lime.

• Advertisement

Made up my first ever batch. I only used a premixed base, but still much cheaper than buying fully made juice.

I didn't leave much room in each bottle, just enough to give it a good shake. Anything else I need to do before steeping?

Made 60mls of Milkman for himself, 80ml of double dip and 60ml of key lime.

Just give it a good shake before leaving it into the press and repeat in a few days :)

Anyone know of any codes for e-dym.pl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Anyone know of any codes for e-dym.pl?

No, but the more you order, the bigger personal discount you get on everything.

Man I don't know if it's just because of FA Joy but I found another ADV. 5% Vanilla Custard (CAP V1), 5% Vanilla Custard (TFA), 5% Irish Cream (TFA) and 5 drops of FA Joy in 30mls. Might bump the TFA custard and drop the CAP but absolutely loving this. Irish Cream is basically just a better Bavarian to me so far

Cap custard will be giving you that lush eggy-custard body, if you drop that it might not be as good. TFA's is very mild, more like a vanilla cream I found.

Joy is a great additive, once you get it right. I find 0.5-1% in certain fruit mixes gives them a rich candy-floss type coating, really helps them pop, depends what you're aiming for of course. In bakery mixes it adds a yeasty fresh bread flavour if you raise it above 1%. I mixed up a recipe called The French quarter that used 2% joy, it has meringue, sugar cookie and biscuit besides. For almost a week all i could taste was Joy, it was like fresh baked bread with butter on! :D after a week that mellowed a lot and it's preety tasty now, since the other flavors have shone through.

I find the CAP custard way too vanilla-ey. It's nice but it's a little too much. TFA's tastes more like custard to me. Both are great though. Joy is really great whatever the hell it is. I bet it even tastes great by itself

That's pretty much what I get from it alone, a doughy bred with sugar, hard to describe. I use it in a tropical type greek yogurt and it works really nice. Also used it recently in a banana pud type. It seems to react different to various ingredients. It's supposed to be a sweetener, but it's much more than that

I mixed a fruity custard recently too, and used 7% Cap VC, it's the most custardy custard I've mixed to date. I think 7 is the magic number on it for me.

The vanilla from it is seriously to much. Think I might get custards from every single seller just to see what they're all like. Probably the single best ingredient for any mix imo

I love vanilla though! :D that's when I use it at 2%, when I'm not after a thick custard, but want a hint of vanilla, 4% for stronger vanilla taste, and beyond that IMO, is a proper custard.

Browsing flavors on e-dym.pl atm ... they have FA flavors on there cheaper than anywhere in Ireland, and probably UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

they have FA flavors on there cheaper than anywhere in Ireland, and probably UK

The only worry would be how fresh they are. Fruity flavours in particular don't have a very long shelf life.

• Advertisement

The only worry would be how fresh they are. Fruity flavours in particular don't have a very long shelf life.

Why would their concentrates be any older than any other sites? Also they're absolutely fine until opened. And even then are probably good for years. They have the newer FA bottle types so I'd say they're grand. They're not Chinese, lol. They're just cheaper in general than many uk or irish sites. They carry the latest mods and tanks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Having a look around my favorite french website earlier and stumbled upon this list of recipes solely for Flavor Art concentrates.... The guy concerned is v well respected in terms of his clones/homemade recipes.

http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/recettes-flavour-art/

Before I look, are they HIC's recipes?

[edit] yup ... mostly his at least :D It's pretty much links to all of his and other's FA recipes on Vaping Underground. I'm on that forum too. Cool to have them all in one place though.

Just know that with his recipes you might want to bump the % alot of the time. He likes really, really low % mixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Let us know how that is. I like some FA concentrates. I'm not real bothered about 'nasties' so long as I keep them to a minimum it's all good for me.
    Have it steeping currently. I guess I'll let you know in a few weeks. smile.png

Re: FlavourArt Cream Custard.

Well it has been steeping for 10 days and the smell was lovely, so my patience ran out and I took a sneaky sample (I know custards are supposed to steep for a month or more). This was my first time trying a custard and was excited as everyone raves about custards.

My experience with the FA custard was a complete letdown. I got no custard taste whatsover, not even a creamy taste. I can smell a custardy/creamy smell from it, but no taste of it. All it taste like is a cross between lemon and puke lol.

I will give it another go after another 3 weeks of steeping, but my hopes are no longer high. I mixed it at 10% for anyone interested.

I love real custard and was hoping this would be my new vape. Oh well.

If anyone is generous enough to send me a decent custard sample I will give it a go. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Try another mix with less % of custard - I would try 2% - 5% and no more. There are limits on the % used with some of FA's flavours where they will taste like junk after a certain max. Make a small amount like 5ml and taste it from 48 hours on to see the effect of ageing. Use a dripper and it makes life real easy.

Lemon and puke - yep that makes sense believe it or not. FA's custard is a non diketone version so relies on butyric acid which in small amounts can give a creamy effect but butyric acid is also what gives vomit it's distinctive smell.

8mm wrote: »
    Try another mix with less % of custard - I would try 2% - 5% and no more. There are limits on the % used with some of FA's flavours where they will taste like junk after a certain max. Make a small amount like 5ml and taste it from 48 hours on to see the effect of ageing. Use a dripper and it makes life real easy.

Lemon and puke - yep that makes sense believe it or not. FA's custard is a non diketone version so relies on butyric acid which in small amounts can give a creamy effect but butyric acid is also what gives vomit it's distinctive smell.

Thanks for the info mate. Making a new sample now.

I have some Capella V1 if you want to try some, but I know you're anti nasties :D

I have some Capella V1 if you want to try some, but I know you're anti nasties :D

Thanks very much. I will avail of your offer just to see what I am missing out on. Who knows I might be converted. Address sent to you. :)

If you need any costs let me know.

Thanks very much. I will avail of your offer just to see what I am missing out on. Who knows I might be converted. Address sent to you. :)

If you need any costs let me know.

Cool, not at all. I'll send on 10ml for you to play with. Maybe send me on some juice you make using it some time? :)

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot friend. Very kind of you.

Advertisement