Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CofMixture

247music wrote: »
    Ok so the ratings are not to be trusted then? Bollox.. thats normally how i choose the recipes from there, ah well.. I may as well give one more a go so if you recommend that one.. is it the SirRisc version you use?

It's by apw.......... Don't remember the rest. It's one of the highest rated recipes and as a rich custardy base it's bang on. I'm no expert on recipes but I had no luck with the strawberry cream mixes either, they all ended up tasting rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

CofMixture wrote:
    It's by apw.......... Don't remember the rest. It's one of the highest rated recipes and as a rich custardy base it's bang on. I'm no expert on recipes but I had no luck with the strawberry cream mixes either, they all ended up tasting rotten

Sound.. ill have a root around for it.. I think it might that i just dont like strawberry mixes.. Don't think I've ever bought an off the shelf strawberry juice.. only reason i had some concentrate was from making up a nana cream clone.. Ill know after this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I dunno why i keep making mixes with strawberry and berry base flavours.. to me they all taste the same and i end up pouring it down the sink.. new years resolution is to buy no more strawberry or berry, or berry crunch concentrates..

Get some FA forest mix, or/and Flavorah boysenberry. Both are pretty good, and when you add a touch of separate blueberry/strawberry/raspberry it ignites them, really good with custard or Greek yogurt.

As for ratings on e-lr, yeah, a lot of back slapping and favour ratings go on there, I don't rate many of the top ranked mixes on there. But, then some ratings may well be genuine. I think there was a smaller, more cliquey group of mixers on there for a while and they were just helping one another out. Newer mixers come in, check ratings, think "this must be good, it's up top" and also rated them 5 stars ... but it is what it is.

I know you tried my Long gone day, which is pretty basic, but works, I'm proud of that one and would rate it above many in the top 10 on e-lr ... but will it ever climb up in the rankings? nope, because I don't kiss enough butt, prefer to let the juice speak for itself :)

I know you tried my Long gone day, which is pretty basic, but works, I'm proud of that one and would rate it above many in the top 10 on e-lr ... but will it ever climb up in the rankings? nope, because I don't kiss enough butt, prefer to let the juice speak for itself

I did and to be fair its very good.. i gave you 2 stars :p .. what other simple mixes would you recommend off there so? No strawberry obviously.. :)

I did and to be fair its very good.. i gave you 2 stars :p .. what other simple mixes would you recommend off there so? No strawberry obviously.. :)

That's about the most straight forward one I have personally, I tend to build mixes in layers, adding in complimentary notes and so on. Sometimes it works great, sometimes not ... but those ones remain private :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Anyone know the PG/VG ratio in T-Juice?

I'm mixing up a batch as a present for a friend, and I want to get the nic and ratio as close as I can to what he uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

j26m wrote:
    Anyone know the PG/VG ratio in T-Juice?

Is it 80PG? I always remember it being very runny, but not had any in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

moleyv wrote: »

Oooh!!

Well, I suppose if that's what he uses .... I might drop the PG a bit ;)

moleyv wrote:

Ya its 80/20 pg/vg

Darkstar.co.uk discount code "35cap30" for 35% off Capella concentrates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Mother of god... Too bad sterling is up 2 cents against the euro. Still a good deal, gonna check them out now!

No funds for flavours atm damn it. Don't think they have any of the Cap ones I need atm either way

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Forgot how pants their selection was. Still haven't got sugar cookie for myself but they only do V2 anyway... Could probably do with a few flavours though. Their postage costs are progressive so you get nailed either way

Aye, not a fan of Capella either. Shame Darkstar don't do Flavourart concentrates.

Cap have some good ones that I re-stock when I run out: Sweet strawberry, peaches and cream, NY cheesecake, Vanilla custard V1, choc glazed doughnut and cereal 27 are all decent. I'm sure they have more good ones, but I'm covered for anything else with TFA, FA and INW. It's just personal preference on a lot of the general ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Cap have some good ones that I re-stock when I run out: Sweet strawberry, peaches and cream, NY cheesecake, Vanilla custard V1, choc glazed doughnut and cereal 27 are all decent. I'm sure they have more good ones, but I'm covered for anything else with TFA, FA and INW. It's just personal preference on a lot of the general ones.

2 must haves imo

I do think FA are leaving the others for dead as time goes on.

Made this for a couple of friends who like their banana e juices. They seem to love it anyway...

60/40 VG/PG @3mg nic

CAP Banana 4.5%
    FA Banana 2.5%
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 2%
    Cake Batter 2%
    AP 1%

nice as a shake and vape but comes into its own after a week or so.

I do prefer TFA's cheesecake graham cracker to Cap's NYC, but both are must haves. The NY cheesecake is better for when you don't actually want the 'crust' - just the creaminess of a cheesecake.

FA are very good, I have a nice selection of their concentrates too.

There's flavourings I like from each: FA, Cap, TFA, INW and I have the odd FW and flavorah, but mostly the main 4.

I love a good banana mix too, I have a few on the go that I mixed up recently, don't think I've really nailed the perfect banana cream style vape for me personally yet though. I don't have either of the bananas you got in that mix :D

I have TFA banana nut bread, TFA banana cream, and INW banana.

I see another recommendation for Vanilla Custard V1 ha, I really do think I got a miss-labelled batch of V2.

Trond, how do those 2 bananas compare to TFA banana cream? I find the TFA version tastes far too similar to that yellow banana flavoured medicine they used to give us as kids.

Also, I'm looking for a bit of advice - a friend who wants to get into vaping had a sniff of my fruit concentrates and particularly liked Cap golden pineapple and TFA watermelon. Now, I tried to explain to her that each flavour as a standalone will be very one dimensional and lack a bit of body, but in her words "I don't want any of that weird cream or custardy stuff in it". So my question is what kind of subtle base flavour would go well with either to sort of fill it out.

The banana cream I have is actually the DX version, I got it by mistake in one of my first DIY orders, and turns out I liked it. So now I actually order the DX one specifically. I'm not sure if it's any different to the standard one, but I like it, banana nut bread is kind of similar, but not as 'creamy' and has a slight nutty note. You might prefer that one? INW banana is just pure foam candy, like those minion sweets. I don't use it much, I'll add a few drops to back up the other bananas now and then.

On watermelon, funny you say that as I made a tropical mix yesterday using that, and INW pineapple with some coconut, lime and Greek yogurt. That might be your key, the yogurt. It's not as 'thick' as the creams, and the Greek ones add a nice sour note, which calms the over sweetness of the likes of watermelon down a tad. Otherwise, I think meringue would work - it's not creamy, it's more a powdered sugar texture.

Bingo! Its actually a no-brainer as meringue goes with pretty much everything, cheers.

Has anyone made a base out of a FA meringue and marshmallow and if so what were the results?

I'm thinking:

TFA watermelon 5-6%
    Cap coconut 4%
    Meringue 1.5%
    Marshmallow 1.5

50/50 ratio to wick in her basic clearomizer and 12mg nicotine as she's new to vaping and will be able M2L'ing

• Advertisement

I use marshmallow and meringue all the time as sweeteners, often 1% of each, sometimes higher if it's a very deserty mix I'm going for.

Sounds pretty good what you have there.

Just looking for something fairly basic to throw together and give to her to help her get off the smokes. I'll mix it up now and see how it goes. Thanks for the input as always Cagey

Meant to say I was using Cap golden pineapple not coconut.

Just made it up and dripped it there, it's a bit meh. Pineapple and watermelon work well but the MM and meringue just aren't doing it for me by themselves. I'm very tempted to add 1% vienna cream to fill it out a bit more.

I'm doing the complete opposite of she stipulated, ah well feck it.

AH, well why not add some coconut then? It works - here's what i mixed yesterday and it's pretty good -

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/751934/Breezer

I literally only have one of those flavours man :). I actually went back to it and dropped the pineapple to 3%, added 1% vienna cream % 1% FA coconut after I first dripped it. It's not not bad, will need to be tweaked - I'll probably drop the meringue and MM altogether, they don't really fit with these particular fruits IMO.

Bah, down the very frustrating, time consuming but oddly rewarding rabbit hole of creating a recipe from scratch.

CofMixture wrote: »
    I literally only have one of those flavours man :). I actually went back to it and dropped the pineapple to 3%, added 1% vienna cream % 1% FA coconut after I first dripped it. It's not not bad, will need to be tweaked - I'll probably drop the meringue and MM altogether, they don't really fit with these particular fruits IMO.

Bah, down the very frustrating, time consuming but oddly rewarding rabbit hole of creating a recipe from scratch.

All part of the fun :D

I've had many fails since I began, but when you nail it, it's very rewarding, and second time will be a piece of cake to mix up.

The thing with the meringue and mallow, and the Vienna cream also, is they need a bit of a steep to come through proper. For a shake'n'vape you're best not to use anything creamy.

Otherwise you need to give the mix at least 3-4 days, a week+ if possible.

Aye. Still, I get the general idea of how it's going to turn out and the candy like sweetness of them (MM especially) just doesn't fit. I might swap them for fresh cream

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Got 6*30ml cappella flavours from darkstar for e25. Couldn't say no at that price.

I agree that they're not the best flavour manufacturer out there but they have a handful of flavours that i'll always have use for.

I was a bit raging that the sale came up just after I'd spent my vape budget ... I definitely would have picked some up. I have nic and VG in my basket on there awaiting bank top ups. I think they have about the best prices on those, that I know of at least. You can get 250ml of 72mg nic + 1ltr of VG, for example, for cheaper than 200ml of nic alone over here.

• Advertisement

Any suggestions for a good custard mix? Ive got some cap vc, bavarian cream, fresh cream, a few biscuits type bits, brown sugar and a few more..

Advertisement