Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Never had it, but sounds like my kind of juice. Butterscotch with banana. I've made my own Nana scotch juices, but they're probably not anything like it, I'd have to taste it to have a proper stab at it

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Never had it, but sounds like my kind of juice. Butterscotch with banana. I've made my own Nana scotch juices, but they're probably not anything like it, I'd have to taste it to have a proper stab at it

Its a nice juice.. flavour is full not thin if ya get me.. If i get my hands on another bottle ill send you a sample..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

247music wrote: »
    Thanks Trond.. different juice though.. :)

Oops. In my defense I was slightly drunk and was already browsing that site for clone recipes! :D

Trond wrote:
    Oops. In my defense I was slightly drunk and was already browsing that site for clone recipes!

Lol.. no bother, i must have a look on there and see if they have a bobas bounty clone.. so you've still done me a favour if it turns out they have one.. :)

Anyone ever seen a clone of Halcyon Haze Yellow Biafra?

• Advertisement

No, but I'd be wary of a lot of the clone recipes you might come across. On the site linked earlier, I had a look at a few, and some of them seem way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Update: Just want to give a little update to the mix of Flavour Art custard I mixed. Left it a month and I thought it was horrible and was vocal on the forum about my distain for it so threw it in the press and forgot about it. A further 2 weeks later I find it again and said feck it I ain't wasting 100ml of juice so decided to vape it anyway.

Well I gotta say it is amazing what 2 weeks can do. The flavour has completely changed. Gone is any sign of the lemon/puke flavour and has being replaced by a rather pleasant creamy flavour, not a custard flavour though imo. It's hard to place the flavour exactly, but it does have a morish taste.

Still nowhere near as good as Capella custard, but a hell of a lot better than my initial opinion on it.

Anyway, just thought I would revise my opinion of it in-case anyone was scared off from trying it. I recommend 6 to 8 weeks steeping though to get its true flavour.

Update: Just want to give a little update to the mix of Flavour Art custard I mixed. Left it a month and I thought it was horrible and was vocal on the forum about my distain for it so threw it in the press and forgot about it. A further 2 weeks later I find it again and said feck it I ain't wasting 100ml of juice so decided to vape it anyway.

Well I gotta say it is amazing what 2 weeks can do. The flavour has completely changed. Gone is any sign of the lemon/puke flavour and has being replaced by a rather pleasant creamy flavour, not a custard flavour though imo. It's hard to place the flavour exactly, but it does have a morish taste.

Still nowhere near as good as Capella custard, but a hell of a lot better than my initial opinion on it.

Anyway, just thought I would revise my opinion of it in-case anyone was scared off from trying it. I recommend 6 to 8 weeks steeping though to get its true flavour.

Funnily enough I really like it. Its definitely different that the CAP version but I think its v realistic to Italian custard. It has a more eggy taste.

I think we are all just so familiar with the CAP version as its used in so many ejuices (both home made and vendors).

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Yeah I kinda regret throwing away 20ml of concentrate now. :(

Realised Id never attempted the "The Real Barney Rubble" that's so popular on e-liquid-recipes.com. Made up 30mls last night at 25/75 PG/VG with 3mg nic.

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 3.5%
    Berry Crunch (TPA) 2%
    Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA) 3%
    Ethyl Maltol 1%
    French Vanilla (TPA) 1%
    Fruit Circles (TPA) 7%
    Meringue (FA) 3.5%
    Whipped Cream (TPA) 2%

I think any fans of The Milk should give this a go. Smells seriously good already.

• Advertisement

I can't take to anything with fruit circles in the mix :/ I find it very perfumey and pledge lemon-ish. 7% seems very high. When I bought it first, I didn't know it was that very flavor I'd hated in pre-made cereal juices, but one sniff was enough to let me know. I gave it a tryout anyway, at 1%, in a cereal-berry mix, and it was still all I could taste. It's just one of my very few no-no concentrates now.

if anyone fancies 14ml of it though .... let me know, might have a few others to bunch with it for a juice trade maybe?

Lads if ye needed to do a bulk buy to stock up on on a lot of concentrates where would ye be going for best value? E-dym? Chefs vapor? Or can ye suggest anywhere else?

I can't take to anything with fruit circles in the mix :/ I find it very perfumey and pledge lemon-ish. 7% seems very high. When I bought it first, I didn't know it was that very flavor I'd hated in pre-made cereal juices, but one sniff was enough to let me know. I gave it a tryout anyway, at 1%, in a cereal-berry mix, and it was still all I could taste. It's just one of my very few no-no concentrates now.

if anyone fancies 14ml of it though .... let me know, might have a few others to bunch with it for a juice trade maybe?

I experienced the same in the past but that was down to too much of both Fruit Circles and Berry Crunch.

I did notice that the creator has a version 2 now where he reduced the Fruit Circles to 6% and added 1-2% Marshmallow. I'll update this in a week or so. The Lemon pledge effect takes a bit of a steep to calm down...

Lads if ye needed to do a bulk buy to stock up on on a lot of concentrates where would ye be going for best value? E-dym? Chefs vapor? Or can ye suggest anywhere else?

E-dym is very good on pricing if you're buying a lot [postage will be €6 whether you buy 1 , or 20 concentrates] They are the cheapest I've found for FA concentrates in particular

For larger bottles, 30ml+, Darkstar is great, but they usually have limited stock. And you need to use Parcel motel or AddressPal for a UK address. But for nic and larger bottles of concentrate, hard to beat. You can get 250ml of 72mg nic there for the price of 100ml over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Got an email from cloudhousevapor today saying they now stock PG free concentrates from flavormonks.

Not tried them but might be good news for some.

15% off with code 'flavormonks'

From reading, flavormonks do PG concentrates too and the code works on both.

Not so interested in VG concentrates now, unless i wanted actual 100% VG, that would have the consistency of creamed soup! :D

FA introduced some new ones to their e-motions line -

CoCoon - Toffee Apple

Euphoria
    - Citrus & Soft Tobacco

wOw - Fried Fruity Sweet Donut

Labyrinth - Sweet Vanilla Caramel Fruit Cake

Metaphor - Crispy Fruity Cream Cake

Morning Sun - Milky Fruit Sweetness

UP - Coffee, Cream, Cereal

I will have to have a pop at some of those

http://www.flavourart.co.uk/e-motions-flavour-10ml.html

• Registered Users Posts: 32 njjj

When i saw the DIY, i thought it all about Handy manny, little did i know it's about food

njjj wrote: »
    When i saw the DIY, i thought it all about Handy manny, little did i know it's about food

It's not about food either, it's about preparing for the apocalypse

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CofMixture

I'm genuinely one out of only three people I've seen online who can't stand Cap's Vanilla Custard V1. I just tastes, smells and vapes like nuclear waste to me. I ordered two 30ml bottles from Darkstar on two separate occasions because everyone seems to rave about it.
    I just can't fathom it because it genuinely ruins any mix I use it in going back about 2/3 months, so it's not for the lack of aging.

CofMixture wrote: »
    I'm genuinely one out of only three people I've seen online who can't stand Cap's Vanilla Custard V1. I just tastes, smells and vapes like nuclear waste to me. I ordered two 30ml bottles from Darkstar on two separate occasions because everyone seems to rave about it.
    I just can't fathom it because it genuinely ruins any mix I use it in going back about 2/3 months, so it's not for the lack of aging.

Don't know what to tell you on that. I like it, I find it very lush and creamy in the right mix. But, I feel that way on tfa fruit circles. I think that stuff is vile but many love it.

• Advertisement

That's the thing Cagey, everyone says it's lovely and creamy but all I can taste is a horrible chemically mess. I wonder if it's V2 miss-labelled as V1

Capella vc was the only vc i had tried and was happy enough with it on its own.. but then i traded some juice for 50mls of blue dot dots custard and man it was lovely.. bottle gone in a few days lovely.. Capella not really doing it for me now so im hoping to try some different brands and see what they are like.. tfa's vc just doesnt taste like vc at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

tfa's vc just doesnt taste like vc at all..

I seem to get a peppery taste after a while? Nothing custard about it!

On the hunt for a good eggy/creamy custard. Something that resembles Liqua Vanilla.

The thing with Cap V1, is that it does need good complimentary creams. The likes of FA Vienna cream, or TFA Bavarian. 6-7% cap custard + 2-3% of a nice vanilla cream type is a great custard base IMO.

I seem to get a peppery taste after a while? Nothing custard about it!
    I dunno about that.. i binned it after tasting it and not getting what i expected to get.. the hunt continues..
    The thing with Cap V1, is that it does need good complimentary creams. The likes of FA Vienna cream, or TFA Bavarian. 6-7% cap custard + 2-3% of a nice vanilla cream type is a great custard base IMO.

Never thought of adding any of these to it tbh.. done the creme de leche mix of it and wasnt gone on it at all.. flavour was too overpowering.. mighy revisit it with lower % mix..

I dunno why i keep making mixes with strawberry and berry base flavours.. to me they all taste the same and i end up pouring it down the sink.. new years resolution is to buy no more strawberry or berry, or berry crunch concentrates..

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

I dunno why i keep making mixes with strawberry and berry base flavours.. to me they all taste the same and i end up pouring it down the sink.. new years resolution is to buy no more strawberry or berry, or berry crunch concentrates..

Try a simple blueberry yoghurt. There's a few recipes on e-liquid recipies

Shinobollo wrote:
    Try a simple blueberry yoghurt. There's a few recipes on e-liquid recipies

I haven't got blueberry :)
    Most of the mixes i used were from e-liquid-recipes.. im starting to wonder if the quality my nic or pg/vg is tainting the flavours..

I haven't got blueberry :)
    Most of the mixes i used were from e-liquid-recipes.. im starting to wonder if the quality my nic or pg/vg is tainting the flavours..

It's not your bases man, those generic strawberry & cream recipes on ELR are all overated muck. I really don't know why they get such high ratings.

The only one I think is decent is Mothers Unicorn Milk and even then I just copy the custard/cream base for my own variations

• Advertisement

CofMixture wrote:
    The only one I think is decent is Mothers Unicorn Milk and even then I just copy the custard/cream base for my own variations

Ok so the ratings are not to be trusted then? Bollox.. thats normally how i choose the recipes from there, ah well.. I may as well give one more a go so if you recommend that one.. is it the SirRisc version you use?

Advertisement