Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The try harder if ye want to keep a second joke thread thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,587 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

They asked him if he wanted a painkiller but he said "neigh."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I laughed until I was a little hoarse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I reckon he's done that a capall of times already.

He recently married a native American woman, her name was four horses!
    "Why four horses?" a friend asked,
    Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I wonder will these horse jokes go on furlong...

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I wonder will these horse jokes go on furlong...

They'll go on as long as people want to stirrup s**t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sad thing is he was only looking for the ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

1 is ok.
    2 fine.
    But Aintree enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

One of my own here to share, thought of it on Friday bored to tears in work.

I'm going to quit this job and go into the purse and wallet industry. At least there's money ib them.

• Advertisement

I used to work at a place that recycled old shoes, it was sole destroying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    One of my own here to share, thought of it on Friday bored to tears in work.

I'm going to quit this job and go into the purse and wallet industry. At least there's money ib them.

My dream is to open my own Northside bathroom textiles business:

SANTRY TOWELS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,267 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I’m opening a cheese shop in Nazareth.

“Cheeses of Nazareth”.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

whiskeyman wrote: »
    1 is ok.
    2 fine.
    But Aintree enough?
    Not if it's the mane theme of the thread.

Not if it's the mane theme of the thread.

3 on the trot is fine!

RobMc59 wrote: »
    ***BREAKING NEWS***
    A man was admitted to hospital today with 25 toy plastic horses inserted in his bottom..
    Doctors have described his condition as stable..

I bet we’ll all get saddled with the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

I bet we’ll all get saddled with the bill.

Gordon Elliott might pay it !!

4Ad wrote: »

He’s too mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Betcha he's sweating more than a horse in a glue factory. Must have the trots.

What did Elton John say after his 7th can of Amstel?

Amstel standing, yeah yeah yeah

4Ad wrote: »
    Don't go there it's a minefield.

Which is incidently the name a German uses for the place when the horse is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you ask me, this is turning into a dog and pony show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Tazium wrote: »
    Betcha he's sweating more than a horse in a glue factory. Must have the trots.

Not a bother on him. Being a jockey his neck is like his bollo×!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭its_steve116

milltown wrote: »
    My dream is to open my own Northside bathroom textiles business:

SANTRY TOWELS

My dream is to form my own Northside Metallica tribute band:

SANTRYTARIUM

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I wish Medusa would stop objectifying people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

The fella who presses the crowd cheering button at Anfield when Liverpool score has just been furloughed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

here's a cracker from Carry on Abroad...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Who will take the 2nd shot of this snooker match?

Find out after the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What do you call an Irish man breaking up a fight?

Liam Malone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

A very drunk Paddy meets a prostitute up an alley...
    He asks, "how much for full sex?"

"50 quid" she replies.

"Ok" says Paddy and they get down to business.

Next minute a policeman appears and shines his torch in their faces. "Whats going on here then?" he asks.

"Nothing officer, I'm just having sex with my wife."

"Sorry sir, I didn't know it was your wife."

Paddy shouts, "neither did I till you shone the bloody torch in her face!"

^^^^^^^^^

good one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Oprah's next interview is with Jurgen Klopp who has also lost a title and is getting bullied at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Oprah's next interview is with Jurgen Klopp who has also lost a title and is getting bullied at home.

At this stage, Prince Harry has a better chance of regaining his title though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

At this stage, Prince Harry has a better chance of regaining his title though

At least he scored a couple of times.:D

What's the best way to delegate?

Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

MOD SNIP

<<NOPE>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

M5 wrote: »
    MOD SNIP

<<NOPE>>

Nope.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with nepotism as long as you keep it in the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Hey, there is nothing wrong with nepotism as long as you keep it in the family.
    Like incest, a game for all the family

for the week that's in it....

Paddy Irishman, Paddy Englishman and Paddy Scotsman were about
    to be executed by firing squad on a tropical island.
    Paddy Englishman was first up, 3...2...1... Just before they shoot he shouted "TIGER!!!" the guards panicked and he ran away. Paddy Scotsman was next. 3...2...1... Just before they shoot he shouted "TIDAL WAVE!!!" The guards panicked and he ran away. Paddy Irishman was last. 3...2...1... Just before they shoot he shouted "FIRE!!!"

• Advertisement

I passed my genetic engineering exam with flying koalas.

Experience what 10 years of marriage feels like by telling a deaf person about your day as they scroll through facebook on their phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were
    swimming around in the sea, one called Justin, the other called
    Christian. The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by
    sharks that inhabited the area. Finally one day Justin said to Christian, "I'm fed-up with being a prawn. I wish I was a shark, then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten."
    A large and mysterious cod appeared and said "Your wish is granted" and lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark. Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate.

Time passed and Justin found life as a shark boring and lonely. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realise that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight. While swimming alone one day he saw the mysterious cod again and he thought perhaps the mysterious fish could change him back into a prawn. He approached the cod and begged to be changed back, and lo and behold, found himself turned back into a prawn.

With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his friends. Looking around the gathering at the reef he realised he couldn't see his old pal. "Where's Christian?" he asked. "He's at home, still distraught that his best
    friend changed sides to the enemy and became a shark," came the reply.

Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture,
    Justin set off to Christian's abode. As he opened the coral gates
    memories came flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted, "It's
    me, Justin, your old friend, come out and see me again!" Christian
    replied, "No way man, you'll eat me. You're a shark, the enemy, and
    I'll not be tricked into being your dinner." Justin cried back " No, I'm
    not.That was the old me. I've changed, I've found Cod. I'm a prawn again
    Christian."

for the week that's in it....

Paddy went to the Doc’s today. and said “do you treat alcoholics”, The Dr replied, “of course we do”………Paddy said “great get your coat on, I’m feckin skint

Barman says to Paddy “Your glass is empty, fancy another one?” lookin’ puzzled Paddy says
    “Why would i be needin two empty glasses?”

Mary says to Paddy if you were stranded on a desert island who would you like most to be with you?”

“My uncle Mick” replies Paddy.

“What’s so special about him?” asks Mary.

“He’s got a boat,” says Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Keith Richards once got a tortoise for his birthday:
    He asked. "How old will it get."
    They told him. "About 300 years."
    He said. "Now you see why I'm against it, you get attached to such an animal and then it dies."

for the week that's in it...

*this is a long one mind but worth it...

Paddy had a aptitude test for a major blue chip computer company.

The examiner took a piece of paper and drew six vertical lines in pairs of two on the paper and placed it in front of Paddy.

“Could you please show me a clever way to make this into nine?”

After thinking for a while Paddy took the pencil and drew a canopy of leaves on top of the three pairs of lines, and handed the paper back to the examiner .

The examiner looked at the drawings and said: “But that is not nine!”
    “Oh yes it is”, said Paddy with a broad Irish accent, “Tree + Tree + Tree make nine!”

The examiner handed the paper back to Paddy and asked him to make it 99.
    After thinking for a long while Paddy scribbled up and down the trunks and handed the paper back to the interviewer.

The examiner looked at the drawings and said “But that is not ninety-nine!”

“Oh yes it is”, said Paddy, “Dirty tree + dirty tree + dirty tree make ninety-nine.”

The examiner was now losing his patience so he decided to give Paddy one more chance, he handed the paper back to Paddy and asked him to make it 100.

After thinking for a considerably longer time Paddy suddenly grabbed the pencil and drew a little blop on the bottom right-hand side of each three and handed the paper back to the examiner.

The examiner looked at the drawings and said angrily “But that is not 100!!”

“Oh yes it most certainly is”, said Paddy with a much broader Irish accent,

“Dirty tree and a turd + dirty tree and turd + dirty tree and a turd, make a 100 :P

• Advertisement

***NEWSFLASH***

The Irish Secret Service were dropped into Russia last week with orders to take "Vladimir Putin out"

So far…. news reports say …… he’s been to the cinema twice……… and last night they went Ten Pin Bowling…..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Irishman, Englishman & Scotsman are out walking along the beach together one day.
    They come across a lantern and a genie pops out of it. "As there's three of you, I will give you each one wish, that’s three wishes in total," says the genie.

The Scottish guy says, "I am a fisherman, my Dad’s a fisherman, his Dad was a fisherman and my son will be one too. I want all the oceans full of fish for all eternity."
    So, with a blink of the genie’s eye "poof" the oceans were teaming with fish.

The Englishman was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around England, protecting her, so that no one will get in for all eternity, England only for the English."
    Again, with a blink of the genie’s eye "poof" there was a huge wall around England.

The Irishman asks, "I’m very curious. Please tell me more about this wall."
    The genie explains, "Well, it’s about 150 feet high, 50 feet thick, protecting England so that nothing can get in or out."
    The Irishman says, "Double the height, and fill it up with water."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,587 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I was going to the Procrastination Seminar, but I thought, "this can wait."

So I thought about going to the Pessimism Seminar, but I thought, "what's the use? they can't help me."

Finally, I considered the Obsessive Compulsive Seminar, but they always used to have that on Fridays, and I can't handle the change to Mondays.

for the day that's in it....

Paddy and Mick were having a few beers at the bar together recounting old times when the call of nature caused them to line up at the stainless steel urinal, still deep in conversation.

But Paddy could hardly ignore the fact that Mick was very well endowed.

“I say, ‘tis a remarkable dong you have there,” Paddy was prompted to remark.

“Wasn’t always that way,” replied Mick. “Medical science can do wonders with transplants these days,” he said.

“I got this done in Dublin. It costs me twenty thousand euros, but as you can see, well worth it.”

Paddy was envious. In fact, he packed his bag that night and drove to Dublin.

It was a good six months later before he ran intoMick once again and he could hardly wait to tell him that he had taken his advice and was well pleased with the result.

“You were diddled. I got mine for ten thousand euros only” said Paddy.

Mick could hardly believe it. Same address in Dublin, same doctor.

Thinking that he had been ripped off, he asked Paddy if he could have a look.

Once more they lined up at the stainless steel urinal and when Mick took a peek, the worried frown which had creased his face disappeared and he started laughing.

“Why are you laughing?”

“No wonder you got it at half price,” Mick laughed. “Sure that’s my old one!”:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Paddy walks into a doctor and drops his trousers, exposing his extremely large penis and asks:’can you give me something for this?’ .
    The doctor beckons him over to the window and says ‘do you see that silver Mercedes over there?, ‘yes’ says Paddy,
    ‘I will give you that for it’ says the doctor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement