Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

15-11-2015, 00:16   #1666
Gererreh Tona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzana2 View Post
Not really stupid, but I did have to step away from the Facebook today with all the French flags flying every way.

It was terrible attack. But it was quite small and stuff like this does happen quite frequently around the world. Not perpetrated by the same people everywhere, but innocent civilians being murdered for little reason.

It's terribly selective. The country is Western, the city is beautiful. This all makes it worse apparently.

I know many people will disagree with me here, but that's how I feel about it!
I don't disagree with you. It's nothing more than attention seeking through faux sympathy.

I've observed similar with the ice bucket challenge, overnight everyone became super-concerned about motor neurone disease and had to raise as much money as possible for the cause. I would be shocked if even 1% of the people who participated in the ice bucket challenge have donated to a MND charity this year. Why? Because it was nothing more than a flash in the pan attention grab from insecure individuals disguised as sympathy for MND sufferers.
Advertisement
15-11-2015, 00:18   #1667
Zemuppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gererreh Tona View Post
I don't disagree with you. It's nothing more than attention seeking through faux sympathy.

I've observed similar with the ice bucket challenge, overnight everyone becamse super-concerned about motor neurone disease and had to raise as much money as possible for the cause. I would be shocked if even 1% of the people who participated in the ice bucket challenge have donated to a MND charity this year. Why? Because it was nothing more than a flash in the pan attention grab from insecure individuals disguised as sympathy for MND sufferers.
At least i wasn't the only one who was thinking this.
15-11-2015, 00:33   #1668

"OMG get this... As yiz all no by now im off on my holliers.... I was in d airport nd cud u imagine if I was on da plane to Paris instead of Gatwik yd? I wudnt b writein dis status nyway... I just think itz a good time to tell all my family nd friends (yiz no who ye r) that I hope ur all safe toni..... Be careful of dose lads in the black head scarves and al (Derz 1 of dem stayin in my hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!) and if my hotel is blewn up den at lest u al no hu it was..... Lock ur doors!!! Night face****ers!"
15-11-2015, 00:43   #1669
eternal
Banned

Ignorance beyond all belief.
15-11-2015, 00:49   #1670
Gererreh Tona

Quote:
Originally Posted by glued View Post
"OMG get this... As yiz all no by now im off on my holliers.... I was in d airport nd cud u imagine if I was on da plane to Paris instead of Gatwik yd? I wudnt b writein dis status nyway... I just think itz a good time to tell all my family nd friends (yiz no who ye r) that I hope ur all safe toni..... Be careful of dose lads in the black head scarves and al (Derz 1 of dem stayin in my hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!) and if my hotel is blewn up den at lest u al no hu it was..... Lock ur doors!!! Night face****ers!"
Oh come on, that can't be real.........can it???
Advertisement
15-11-2015, 00:54   #1671
Jim Bob Scratcher

She's the load her mother should've swallowed.
15-11-2015, 01:12   #1672
coolhull

Quote:
A few years ago I wouldn't have believed that such thick ignorant people existed. Sadly,thanks to Facebook, now I know they do.
'' I was in d airport''....So being a no-brained, thick-as-**** racist doesn't bar you from being granted a passport.
And yet having a conviction for riding a bike without lights could, just possibly, bar you from entry to the U.S.....
(2) thanks from:
15-11-2015, 01:14   #1673
KKkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob Scratcher View Post
She's the load her mother should've swallowed.
Or the bit that should have dribbled down her father's leg.
(2) thanks from:
15-11-2015, 01:24   #1674
mzungu

Quote:
Advertisement
15-11-2015, 01:53   #1675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzana2 View Post
Not really stupid, but I did have to step away from the Facebook today with all the French flags flying every way.

It was terrible attack. But it was quite small and stuff like this does happen quite frequently around the world. Not perpetrated by the same people everywhere, but innocent civilians being murdered for little reason.

It's terribly selective. The country is Western, the city is beautiful. This all makes it worse apparently.

I know many people will disagree with me here, but that's how I feel about it!
That's fair enough, it can be a tad overbearing at times. On the flipside, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of experts on Middle Eastern death toll that come out of the woodwork after tragedies like this. '120 people were killed at a hootenanny in Turkmenistan but nobody seems to care about them because they've brown skin. Just saying. ' The fact is they didn't care about them either until they were a handy statistic to prove how much more socially aware they are than their Facebook friends.

Last edited by kunst nugget; 15-11-2015 at 08:21.
15-11-2015, 10:45   #1676

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunst nugget View Post
That's fair enough, it can be a tad overbearing at times. On the flipside, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of experts on Middle Eastern death toll that come out of the woodwork after tragedies like this. '120 people were killed at a hootenanny in Turkmenistan but nobody seems to care about them because they've brown skin. Just saying. ' The fact is they didn't care about them either until they were a handy statistic to prove how much more socially aware they are than their Facebook friends.
I personally am getting sick of all the right-on people pretending that they care about Lebanon or whatever. Just because I post a status about the awful attacks in Paris doesn't mean I don't care about people dying unnecessarily in other countries. The attack in Paris was the worst since WW2. I KNOW people in Paris, I have family there and I live in France. We're not all attention seeking bandwagoners.
15-11-2015, 11:38   #1677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gererreh Tona View Post

I've observed similar with the ice bucket challenge, overnight everyone became super-concerned about motor neurone disease and had to raise as much money as possible for the cause. I would be shocked if even 1% of the people who participated in the ice bucket challenge have donated to a MND charity this year. Why? Because it was nothing more than a flash in the pan attention grab from insecure individuals disguised as sympathy for MND sufferers.
This article may interest you. http://time.com/money/4000583/ice-bu...ney-donations/

"Even if most donors don’t know what the letters “ALS” stand for or anything about the illness, it’s hard to look a $115 million gift horse in the mouth."
15-11-2015, 16:15   #1678
Sittingpretty

Quote:
That's how I'm going to spell sewisoyd from now on...
Stop talking through your howl
(2) thanks from:
15-11-2015, 17:03   #1679

Quote:
But the point is many people, me included, aren't experts on the Middle East or other areas of the world where there is conflict... but we aren't the ones putting up French flags and we at least acknowledge that the unrest that is happening elsewhere is no less important, even if we don't know the ins and outs. It's because we realise that we don't know enough about the situation to jump that ol' bandwagon.

A lot of people putting up those stupid flag profile pictures are as uneducated but likely also have a clue that innocent civilians die in horrible ways all around the world every few days.

And if someone is highly educated on world politics and puts up a French flag profile pic, WTF is that about?
Thanks from:
15-11-2015, 18:20   #1680
Jim Bob Scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob Scratcher View Post
Soom loon on my feed saying we should pray for Isis to seek the lord.
From the same guy.

there are thousands of babies killed in the womb every day. By there own mothers. Babies torn apart bit by bit. These are the worst kind of terrorist.

Fookin fruitcake!
Thread Closed