Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

fussyonion wrote: »
    Not a particularly amusing post, I grant you, but I have one word for you.

Aurla.

AURLA.
    Seriously, your posts in here crack me up. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

smash wrote: »
    Seriously, your posts in here crack me up. :D

I do worry for fussyonion at times and the facebook circles he/she travels in!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Another one today! with lots of love hearts, ahhh that'll help all those dead from cancer in heaven on facebook have a nicer day.
    Can I ask a favour?? Just a few of you will do it and I know who you possibly are
    ��
    ��
    ��
    If you know someone who fought a battle against cancer and passed away or someone who is still struggling or know a brave survivor
    ��
    Copy and paste this to your status to show support, respect and love
    ‪#‎Cancersucks‬
    ��
    ��
    ��
    ��
    ��
    ��
    ��
    ��
    ��

Copy, do not share

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

I'm more and more convinced that the copy and paste, don't share thing is just to make this crap even more inconvenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

"...in my opinion instead of teaching people about history why not teach them about future"

cool, start with next weeks lotto numbers then move onto future sports results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

"If you class yourself as my friend then hit the like button and copy this on your status and when I see your name I'll know who my real friends are. (Now this Will be interesting to see ) ������"

Feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Ankhyu wrote: »
    "If you class yourself as my friend then hit the like button and copy this on your status and when I see your name I'll know who my real friends are. (Now this Will be interesting to see ) ������"

Feck off!

But what do I do if I'm a real friend but the post is sh1te?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

"If you didn't check in, were you even really there"

Tagged Dublin Airport and some European city. Drives me mad!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Has took me a few weeks 2 come 2 terms with this b4 I posted...I had a spot on my face for over a yr then thinking the sun wld clear it up and didn't, a gd friend advised me 2 get this checked out in which I did...one look and was told I had skin cancer...not lking 4 any sympathy comments, wld jst like 2 put out there that after years of abusing sunbeds not putting the proper suncream on has resulted in a permanent scar on my face. BE AWARE. SUNBEDS, SUN, DOES LEAVE PERMANENT DAMAGE!!

Would be easier to believe if all of the "hope ur ok Hun" comments weren't flooding in. And being liked by the person who wasn't lukn for sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Poster: Awh I tell ye some people would make ye wanna vomit *multiple sick emojis* hate sly snakey people *multiple snake and angry emojis, with a winky face thrown in for the craic*

Reply: Their everywere hun x

Poster: Who ye tellin *sick emoji* even people u hav trust in

Reply: Some off them r even worse x

Poster: U said it *couple more winky faces* good riddons x

• Advertisement

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Poster: Awh I tell ye some people would make ye wanna vomit *multiple sick emojis* hate sly snakey people *multiple snake and angry emojis, with a winky face thrown in for the craic*

Reply: Their everywere hun x

Poster: Who ye tellin *sick emoji* even people u hav trust in

Reply: Some off them r even worse x

Poster: U said it *couple more winky faces* good riddons x

hu needz tu lrn hw tu spel ennyway, shur peepul undurstnd itt de sayum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Whats it with these f*cking Irish names ?

I don't mind Irish names but people who go by their english names in life and then on facebook its this long winded barely recognizable "Irishified" name

Real life : David Williams*

facebook : Daithi Na Willearameachta*

:mad:

mad up names :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I don't use my real name on the Internet

mansize wrote: »
    I don't use my real name on the Internet

You mean your birth cert doesn't say "Mansize"?! I'm fcuking shocked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't mind Irish names but people who go by their english names in life and then on facebook its this long winded barely recognizable "Irishified" name

I know Garda, teachers and people looking for jobs do this to stop, [EMAIL="w@nkers"]w@nkers[/EMAIL], students & potential employers finding their social media profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

JustShon wrote: »
    You mean your birth cert doesn't say "Mansize"?! I'm fcuking shocked.

So I get why people don't use their name on fb

mansize wrote: »
    So I get why people don't use their name on fb

I was just making a joke :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Better idea is to not have a fb profile.

or a completely anonymous one with a name like Larry Larrigan or similar..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Or learn how to severely lock down your privacy settings...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I have a couple of friends that do this, both of whom are teachers. I asked about it and they said its the best way to stop their students stalking them. Its very common apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

keano_afc wrote: »
    I have a couple of friends that do this, both of whom are teachers. I asked about it and they said its the best way to stop their students stalking them. Its very common apparently.

I've seen other versions of this as well, with one guy changing his first name to initials and the surname to a shortened version, e.g. Michael D Higgins -> MD Higs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

keano_afc wrote: »

My LC Maths & Irish/History teachers were avid Gaelgoirs and liked to be referred to using their Irish names, I guess they're screwed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I've seen other versions of this as well, with one guy changing his first name to initials and the surname to a shortened version, e.g. Michael D Higgins -> MD Higs

Goes FB stalking the Pres.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

RainyDay wrote: »
    Goes FB stalking the Pres.....

"Had a good day today... went out and watered the rhododendrons..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

"he moon is a load of bol*ox concedering man haven't been to the end of the see even yet, we'll nassa and feed Africa ffs"

What the f**kin f**k???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Well, if everyone on FB actually utilised the privacy settings properly, we probably wouldn't have as many Dumb/Great posts in this thread. So for that, I'm thankful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"he moon is a load of bol*ox concedering man haven't been to the end of the see even yet, we'll nassa and feed Africa ffs"

What the f**kin f**k???

I'll give it a go:

"The moon is a load of rubbish considering we haven't even been to bottom of the sea yet. Sell NASA and feed Africa for goodness sake."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What the f**kin f**k???

After reading that, are the head shops back in business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

"The moon is a load of rubbish considering we haven't even been to bottom of the sea yet. Sell NASA and feed Africa for goodness sake."

I hope it means bottom and they're not waiting for us to sail off the edge of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I'll give it a go:

I dunno how you made sense of that. It's like you're the Gobshíte Whisperer or something.

Robert Redford should make a film about you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement