Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

failinis wrote: »
    I know its not Facebook but I wonder what these hens have been telling lies about..
    That would make a great tongue twister.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Attention seeking, or what.

Edge of seat stuff until the big reveal is made.
    I won I won I won!
    I won something super amazing today - not ready to it show off just yet as it's a custom made!! Can't wait to get my hands on it!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I would genuinely not be surprised if that turns out to be one of those "awareness" comments that if you like it you hey a message saying "you fell for it, now you have to post one of these pathetic statuses for no reason whatsoever"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This popped up today:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

kitten_k wrote: »
    This popped up today:

She forgot the hearts! Oh lawd jesus she forgot the hearts ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I would mind if she was young one but she is in her late 40's / early 50's! Although it is a copy and paste so I doubt she is responsible for the emoticons (or at least I hope!)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Mark Zuckerberg should be shot for bringing this absolute ****e/downfall of humanity into the world..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Mark Zuckerberg should be shot for bringing this absolute ****e/downfall of humanity into the world..

Zuckerberg provided the medium. Humanity brought the stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Not just facebook in generall... no? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

9 April at 23:40 ·
    Hi guys, just to tell you I'm taking a break from facebook for a while, not for good, just a break.

10 April at 13:29 ·
    Sometimes when we're driving along to road on a great journey it's nice to stop and admire the scenery !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭siblers

RainyDay wrote: »
    Hi guys, just to tell you I'm taking a break from facebook for a while, not for good, just a break.

Sometimes when we're driving along to road on a great journey it's nice to stop and admire the scenery !!

Please tell me that someone commented "what happened to your break?"

To be fair to Mark i dont think he was prepared for the likes of 'telpis', and 'angles' to emerge as standard vocabulary for some of facebooks irish users. I dont use facebook but i dont begrudge that man 1c of his billions. I only wish id had thought of it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

RainyDay wrote: »

Such a profound remark! ''Stop to admire the scenery''. God, I would never have thought of that......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

coolhull wrote: »
    Such a profound remark! ''Stop to admire the scenery''. God, I would never have thought of that......
    It means the same thing as 'Netflix and Chill'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭thesandeman

If I could still 'Netflix and Chill' for nearly 26 hours I'd be a very happy man.

Ahh the memories 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I'm not sure when men decided that 30 was the new 15. When men thought it was better to remain independent than making a commitment to another. When men we're courageous in business and battle but afraid to be fathers. I'm not sure when video games and "guy night" became more important than tee-ball and date night. When 4 year relationships weren't long enough for a proposal. When staying out became cooler than showing up. I'm not sure when men became boys.

Our culture has a boy problem. In Italy, they call it Peter Pan Syndrome. I call it immaturity and selfishness. Men so focused on their dreams, their visions, and their desires they find themselves wealthy, known, and alone.

The adult world doesn't need more boys. We need men who will grow up, know up, and show up. Who will fight for romance and commit quickly and stay indefinitely. To turn their hearts toward children and work to raise them well. To be friends who grow friends. Not just by compliments, but accountability and conviction. We need more men.

We need more men of integrity and character. Those who will hold a moral code and not compromise it. Those who love women, treat them as they would their own daughters and lead them when everything doesn't make sense... They would lead. We need more men.

Today, I turn 31. I'm a man. And I'm proud of that. Please share as a birthday gift :) #EveryPostALesson #DaleyWisdom

The one who shared this keeps her husbands balls in her purse.

She's always sharing memes about how a man needs to treat his other half better.

I'm not sure when men decided that 30 was the new 15. When men thought it was better to remain independent than making a commitment to another. When men we're courageous in business and battle but afraid to be fathers. I'm not sure when video games and "guy night" became more important than tee-ball and date night. When 4 year relationships weren't long enough for a proposal. When staying out became cooler than showing up. I'm not sure when men became boys.

Our culture has a boy problem. In Italy, they call it Peter Pan Syndrome. I call it immaturity and selfishness. Men so focused on their dreams, their visions, and their desires they find themselves wealthy, known, and alone.

The adult world doesn't need more boys. We need men who will grow up, know up, and show up. Who will fight for romance and commit quickly and stay indefinitely. To turn their hearts toward children and work to raise them well. To be friends who grow friends. Not just by compliments, but accountability and conviction. We need more men.

We need more men of integrity and character. Those who will hold a moral code and not compromise it. Those who love women, treat them as they would their own daughters and lead them when everything doesn't make sense... They would lead. We need more men.

Today, I turn 31. I'm a man. And I'm proud of that. Please share as a birthday gift :) #EveryPostALesson #DaleyWisdom

She's always sharing memes about how a man needs to treat his other half better.

What a steaming pile of sh1te.

"We need more men". Maybe he needs a man.

Enlighten me though. What's tee-ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭recyclops

BattleCorp wrote: »
    What a steaming pile of sh1te.

"We need more men". Maybe he needs a man.

Enlighten me though. What's tee-ball?

this rubbish has popped up on my wall twice today :mad::mad::mad:

tee ball is a childs version of baseball where the ball is not thrown but resting on a big hip high tee

recyclops wrote: »
    this rubbish has popped up on my wall twice today :mad::mad::mad:

tee ball is a childs version of baseball where the ball is not thrown but resting on a big hip high tee

If this is the kind of sh1te that they have to put up with on a daily basis, I now know why so many of them go 'postal' with an AR15*.

*Something that goes pew pew pew pew pew

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The adult world doesn't need more boys. We need men who will grow up, know up, and show up. Who will fight for romance and commit quickly and stay indefinitely. To turn their hearts toward children and work to raise them well.

Those who love women, treat them as they would their own daughters and lead them when everything doesn't make sense... They would lead.

Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwww....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Just came up on my Facebook - I do think its sad about the girl but the comments are all "Amen" and "Jesus heal her" and you are looking at it .... its not going to cure her. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

My "lovey neighbours" decided to try wind me up by pouring their chip pan grease all over my freshly washed steps....... Stupid sick pathetic plonkers trail clearly leads to their bin with chip pan in it aswell

Accompanied by pics of grease. Bizarre!
    Mentions in the comments that the council came out to put salt on it. We can rest easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So a woman shared that pile of sh*te? Why have you not unfriended, reported and blocked them already?

Originally Posted by dirkmeister

Those who love women, treat them as they would their own daughters .

So no shagging women, it's not allowed. You have to treat them as you would your own daughters. And remember, you are not allowed to shag your own daughters.

That's what I took from that post anyway.

So a woman shared that pile of sh*te? Why have you not unfriended, reported and blocked them already?

I find it hard to believe that a man wrote that pile of sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I'm not sure when the stupid c**t who composed this became a stupid c**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Was it not written by the man himself and shared by his wife??

"Today, I turn 31. I'm a man. And I'm proud of that. Please share as a birthday gift"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

"Today, I turn 31. I'm a man. And I'm proud of that. Please share as a birthday gift"

Poor man, wife has him fairly on a chain.

Ah these men hating bullsh'it posts .... gotta love the irony.

The same wagons will be then accusing islamaphobia when someone has a genuine issue with FGM ..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

It was shared by the man himself accompanied by a picture of him with his family. The guy is a public speaker of some sort called Dale Partridge. His whole page is full of statuses like that, all hashtagged #EveryPostALesson and #DaleyWisdom.

A friend of mine shared it too which I found ironic for her as she's not exactly the type of girl you'd call mature for her age, but then would love any chance to get at her ex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

A weird one from a friend of a friend.

"Was tinkin las nite bout the stuf we deleet off a our fones. Texts, pitchers, fillums anal. Where do dey go? Dey mus go into space sum where, rite? Cud it be dat dats wots runing the climat?Yeers ago dey said it's de gas from our hare sprays and boddy sprais. Cud it may be be the sh1te weer deleetin off our fones n computers? Where do it end up onley in de clouds. It mus be harmful to the world, rite.

Class, discuss this theory among yourselves. Quietly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement