Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

eagle eye wrote: »
    Beto only lost out by 1.7% to Ted Cruz in 2018.
    It wouldn't be a huge shock if Texas went blue, it's been coming for quite a while.

apparently demographics predict that texas will go blue in the next few years.

cue some gerrymandering

• Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Trump rally in Minnesota only allowed to have 250 people in attendance, yet it's still a lot more than those who attend sleepy/creepy/racist Joe's rallies... sleepy Joe, the guy who bows to mobs and anarchy.. The same guy who labelled blacks as super predators? But orange man bad and racist? Okay, what a guy, sleepy senator Joe....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,673 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Trump rally in Minnesota only allowed to have 250 people in attendance, yet it's still a lot more than those who attend sleepy/creepy/racist Joe's rallies... sleepy Joe, the guy who bows to mobs and anarchy.. The same guy who labelled blacks as super predators? But orange man bad and racist? Okay, what a guy, sleepy senator Joe....

You'd need to be stupid at this stage to assign the super predators tag to Joe Biden. It's been all over the media that he never used those words. It was Hilary Clinton.

Having said that your whole post is uneducated waffle anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,673 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What about racial jungles? I guess auld Joe didn't say that either? Squeaky clean Joe
    I haven't heard anybody claim that Joe Biden is squeky clean. Can you link to the post where somebody said that?

I've always maintained that Joe Biden is a poor candidate but he's still a better option to Donald Trump.

• Advertisement

You'd need to be stupid at this stage to assign the super predators tag to Joe Biden. It's been all over the media that he never used those words. It was Hilary Clinton.

What about racial jungles eh? I guess squeaky clean Joe never said that ? Never happened, bury your head in the sand, orange man = bad.. sleep easy snowflake, hope you can find a safe space from the the big bad orange man come Tuesday... America has had enough off PC bs !!!

refer to anyone as an alleged tax fraud is fine. the line here on boards is drawn on ;****). sleepy, or is it doc?

maybe i'm stupid (i am)! did kamale not say that we need to believe all women?

Where's Hunter?? Where's the big Guy ??

Fake news not saying too much about this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Cody montana

BREAKING: U.S. reports 100,000 coronavirus cases in 24 hours, setting world record.

Still no leadership.

• Advertisement

Where's Hunter?? Where's the big Guy ??

Fake news not saying too much about this

Not running in the election I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,434 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What about racial jungles eh? I guess squeaky clean Joe never said that ? Never happened, bury your head in the sand, orange man = bad.. sleep easy snowflake, hope you can find a safe space from the the big bad orange man come Tuesday... America has had enough off PC bs !!!

You seem to be getting quite upset there, just like your namesake and his pathetic twitter rants nothing you are posting makes sense anymore. Reduced to silly name calling. I hope Trumps loss on Tuesday doesn't upset you too much, life goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

WHO was telling countries to not close the airports, when the virus was spreading. Trump with lot of backlash from democrats shut the country to Europe and China. Democrats seem to forget that. With them in power during Covid 19 US probably be lot worse off.

100000 cases yesterday in America. Trump holds superspreader rallies in the middle of a pandemic and you defend his response. I'll ask the same question in the post you quoted. What planet are you residing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

i (i suppose a lot of people) forgot that this is more than a presidential election.

how is the senate and house looking?

Five Thirty Eight have Democrats as favoured to win the Senate and 'clearly favoured' to win the House.

Would be interesting to see a clear sweep.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

The phrase 'Sleepy Joe' should not be used here. Use it again and you will lose your posting privileges in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

What about racial jungles eh? I guess squeaky clean Joe never said that ?
    Hold on a sec.
    You're just going to move on from the false 'super predator' claim onto something else? No apology for telling an untruth? Not even an acknowledgement that you got it wrong?

Just pick up the next piece of shít and throw that.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,106 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Phoebas wrote: »
    Hold on a sec.
    You're just going to move on from the false 'super predator' claim onto something else? No apology for telling an untruth? Not even an acknowledgement that you got it wrong?

Just pick up the next piece of shít and throw that.

Don't you know, that's how trumpeters work.

Lies, lies, lies.... Caught out.... Move into the next lies, lies, lies

New Stanford University study estimates that 18 Trump rallies have led to 30,000 COVID cases and 700 deaths

This is outrageous.
    An American president ignoring science and the safety of the people he’s meant to protect.
    The virus is spreading and he’s been ramping up the rallies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Would it be possible for a mod to list all of the names we cannot call candidates? So we cannot say "sleepy" any more, is it also banned to call a candidate "idiot"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭briany

New Stanford University study estimates that 18 Trump rallies have led to 30,000 COVID cases and 700 deaths

This is outrageous.
    An American president ignoring science and the safety of the people he’s meant to protect.
    The virus is spreading and he’s been ramping up the rallies.

Trump doesn't care. There is nothing he would not do or say if he thought it would allow him to hang on to the presidency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Would it be possible for a mod to list all of the names we cannot call candidates? So we cannot say "sleepy" any more, is it also banned to call a candidate "idiot"?

Do you have an issue with us reminding you should you slip, as happened above?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

schmittel wrote: »
    I get that Fox is sensationalist and pro Trump, but do James Rosen or the Fox News have a history of making up stories and attributing them to DOJ officials?

There is complete lack of critical thinking here. People are being spoon fed garbage and they are swallowing it willingly, because the end justifies the means - i.e ensure Biden wins the election.

It is a perfectly reasonable position to say "I hate Trump, and the sooner he's gone the better, whatever Biden and his family may or may not have done is not going to change my mind."

That I can understand.

But to pretend that there is absolutely no truth to this story and claim it is Russian disinformation because Fox are reporting it is absolute madness.

What about Glenn Greenwald, Pulitzer Prize winner, and hardly a rampant Republican. Is he credible? He's had enough it would seem:

The people who copmplain about Trump dismissing reports of scandals and corruption as 'fake news', don't seem to understand that Dems are guilty of exactly the same thing by rubbishing everything as Russian disinformation.

Fake news = disinformation. Literally!
    The actual core of the story is a degree of separation and a pretty naked attempt to link Biden to wrongdoing. I've no idea what the younger Biden was up to but eventually parents cease to be responsible for whatever life their kids lead. This story so far depends on sources and God knows everyone thinks they're a Woodward or Bernstein.

Sources may be right or wrong, credible or not. They are also very common journalistic devices to thread disparate information together in an apparently coherent fashion. Who knows what's at work here but it is pretty safe to say that the story is really not for the good of the American people and looks a lot more like a final effort to derail Biden. So late in the game it's a political ploy. If it's not then the justice system will take care of it.

briany wrote: »
    Trump doesn't care. There is nothing he would not do or say if he thought it would allow him to hang on to the presidency.

I find it bizarre that's he knowingly getting people ill and people still support him.
    Can you imagine any other Western leader being so reckless and actually insane?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

briany wrote: »

Trump has given up fighting this election on fighting Covid and has now flipped to fighting the doctors who are fighting Covid.

Trump wrote:
    Our doctors get more money if someone dies from Covid.
    You know that, right? I mean our doctors are very smart people. So what they do is they say 'I'm sorry but everybody dies of Covid,'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Phoebas wrote: »
    Trump has given up fighting this election on fighting Covid and has now flipped to fighting the doctors who are fighting Covid.

It's all about killing people with the #IMPOTUS and his followers. Nothing else.

https://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2020/10/trump-and-maga-nation-want-to-kill-you.html : NSFW

• Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭briany

I find it bizarre that's he knowingly getting people ill and people still support him.
    Can you imagine any other Western leader being so reckless and actually insane?

I don't want to say I couldn't imagine any of them acting similarly because there could be one I'm overlooking, but I can say that if Trump wins reelection then it'll be a continuing validation of Trumpism and I expect that more wannabe Western leaders will use his example as a basis by which to gain or consolidate power.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭hometruths

I haven't heard anybody claim that Joe Biden is squeky clean. Can you link to the post where somebody said that?

I've always maintained that Joe Biden is a poor candidate but he's still a better option to Donald Trump.

Sure.
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    While you might not care about his addiction, others do.

His dad, because he wants to care for him.

And Trump, because he wants to exploit it. They can't attack Joe because he's he's squeaky clean so they are going after his son.

Let's not forget if you really concerned about serious corruption, which family was banned from sitting on the boards of charities, after robbing from kids with Cancer.

I'll wait.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭hometruths

is_that_so wrote: »
    The actual core of the story is a degree of separation and a pretty naked attempt to link Biden to wrongdoing. I've no idea what the younger Biden was up to but eventually parents cease to be responsible for whatever life their kids lead. This story so far depends on sources and God knows everyone thinks they're a Woodward or Bernstein.

Sources may be right or wrong, credible or not. They are also very common journalistic devices to thread disparate information together in an apparently coherent fashion. Who knows what's at work here but it is pretty safe to say that the story is really not for the good of the American people and looks a lot more like a final effort to derail Biden. So late in the game it's a political ploy. If it's not then the justice system will take care of it.

That's exactly Geenwald's point. Many media outlets are ignoring this story because they have decided it is not good for the good for the American people.

i.e they have decided that Biden winning is better for the American people, so they won't run a story that might harm those chances.

That is a worrying trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's exactly Geenwald's point. Many media outlets are ignoring this story because they have decided it is not good for the good for the American people.

i.e they have decided that Biden winning is better for the American people, so they won't run a story that might harm those chances.

That is a worrying trend.
    I don't think it's a trend, it's an eye back to what happened in 2016 and I think they'll happily take the hit for being wrong or hypocritical here over being seen to enable one of the campaigns. As a story it's far too late in the game and it's quite limp. Had it been charges it would be everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

One of the big positives from this campaign is the American public and American media are largely ignoring the type of mud-slinging or empty accusations that featured so largely in 2016.

That's a good thing.

The US fell for it hook line and sinker in 2016, it looks like they've learned a valuable lesson since then.

Obviously there are going to be fringe elements jumping up and down, stomping their feet, shouting conspiracy. For the most part, they're given the appropriate level of airtime/print.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement