Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Look at San Marino. Every country is different for a multitude of reasons. There is too much at play to put the blame on Trump. The virus is going to spread no matter what, it is nature at work. People claiming to care about Corona virus and its effects are the same people weaponizing it to attack Trump.

It's his inaction that was the problem. Yes, the virus will spread. But how far and how many it will kill are things that can be alleviated. Trump actively chose NOT to do this. While you could argue for and against lockdowns and masks, saying that it wasn't going to be serious and only 15 people or so would get it was dangerous. And the warning signs were well in place.

Anyway, my point was: holding up Sweden as a metric of what to do in a pandemic is not the wisest move in a coronavirus debate.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Trump's not as famous as Jesus line underlines again the severe religiosity in America.

Is America willing to accept it has a problem with religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

would you be so annoyed if the ad wasn't about ivanka and kushner? what makes them so immune to criticism?
    If it was elected officials I wouldn't care. Have they went after Mike Pence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

eagle eye wrote: »

If you google Pence and lincoln project a few things come up alright

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1296436523018190853

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1314023920782114816?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭briany

Aren't Ivanka and Jared two of Donald Trump's most trusted Whitehouse advisors? Unfortunately for America, their position in Donald Trump's inner circle means that their opinion can directly affect people as they inform Donald's policy decisions, and if their attitude is a callous one, they absolutely deserve criticism, and by extension, having staffers who hold cruel views is an indictment of Donald Trump's presidency. He is the one putting them on the staff in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Republicans determined to slow down the post office and ensure votes aren't counted.

https://twitter.com/kionnemcghee/status/1322214250413215744

briany wrote:
    Aren't Ivanka and Jared two of Donald Trump's most trusted Whitehouse advisors? Unfortunately for America, their position in Donald Trump's inner circle means that their opinion can directly affect people as they inform Donald's policy decisions, and if their attitude is a callous one, they absolutely deserve criticism, and by extension, having staffers who hold cruel views is an indictment of Donald Trump's presidency. He is the one putting them on the staff in the first place.

But you and I know that his inner circle is just a farce so he has one. He makes all his own decisions for what best suits him.
    Any advice given goes in one ear and out the other unless it suits him.
    There's no good reason to back the scum that is the lincoln project.
    I'm shocked that you are all defending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

But you and I know that his inner circle is just a farce so he has one. He makes all his own decisions for what best suits him.

Lincoln Project helping to bring down Trump. Go Lincoln Project!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Republicans determined to slow down the post office and ensure votes aren't counted.

https://twitter.com/kionnemcghee/status/1322214250413215744
    That is disgraceful I am sure Trump's mate Dejoy will be delighted

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭hometruths

The guy has a Trump book on his desk, a Marine Le Pen sign on the wall behind him and the comments section is full of people talking about being Red Pilled.

(It's probably not an objective source of information)

Is Politico objective?

'We’ve got to stop the bleeding': Democrats sound alarm in Miami
    Democrats are sounding the alarm about weak voter turnout rates in Florida’s biggest county, Miami-Dade, where a strong Republican showing is endangering Joe Biden’s chances in the nation’s biggest swing state.

No Democrat can win Florida without a huge turnout and big winning margins here to offset losses elsewhere in the state. But Democrats are turning out at lower rates than Republicans and at lower rates than at this point in 2016, when Hillary Clinton won by 29 percentage points here and still lost the state to Donald Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭briany

For the sake of argument, it's just as well that Trump doesn't really listen to them because neither are remotely qualified.

But Trump's decision to include two completely politically clueless individuals to his staff is still an indictment of his presidency and decision making. Nor are they immune to criticism because Trump doesn't listen to their advice. People with Ivanka's level of political expertise and apparant disregard have no business at that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

schmittel wrote: »

Yes. Now I will take the message seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Hate is a powerful motivator and Trump appeals to those with a lot of pent up hatred.

You must be seriously deluded, have you seen the people at trump rallys,? you should have a look, to say these people are full of hatred is just nonsense

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You must be seriously deluded, have you seen the people at trump rallys,? you should have a look, to say these people are full of hatred is just nonsense

"Lock him/her/them up" is a term of endearment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Panrich

Lock him/her up!

These are the words of a rabble and a mob. There should be no place for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ollkiller

They are 17th in the world for deaths per 1 million. Above many many countries who have had complete lockdowns but without the economic fallout. This lockdown business is new to us all, none of us know what is coming next year as a result. Perhaps business as usual? Or perhaps recession. I'd be willing to bet that it will be the latter and countries that have shown a willingness to suffer a bloody nose to help shield their economies will be the winners in the long run. That may sound harsh but people like Donald Trump were put in their position to make harsh decisions. Joe Biden has shown nothing but fear when it comes to Covid.

I have to applaud the many posts advocating in favour of Trumps response to Covid. See with a co ordinated response they could have saved maybe, eh, 60000 lives. Something like that. Ya could be more. But yeah I suppose Trump did a good job. What planet are you residing on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

ollkiller wrote: »
    I have to applaud the many posts advocating in favour of Trumps response to Covid. See with a co ordinated response they could have saved maybe, eh, 60000 lives. Something like that. Ya could be more. But yeah I suppose Trump did a good job. What planet are you residing on?

WHO was telling countries to not close the airports, when the virus was spreading. Trump with lot of backlash from democrats shut the country to Europe and China. Democrats seem to forget that. With them in power during Covid 19 US probably be lot worse off.

Great to see so many core republican voters speaking out.

https://twitter.com/FloridaBiden/status/1322209022246854662

Great to see so many core republican voters speaking out.

https://twitter.com/FloridaBiden/status/1322209022246854662

Really good summary of the Coronavirus Task Force Briefings! Car crash TV they got me through first lock down.

Fair play to that guy for not just following his crowd. Its not an easy thing to do.

• Advertisement

Lincoln Project helping to bring down Trump. Go Lincoln Project!
    Well you go supporting Republicans then. Good luck with that.

Well you go supporting Republicans then. Good luck with that.

Let's face it, there's a lot of fine people on both sides!

Early (mostly young wave) of voters putting Trump and the republican party in serious trouble in Texas. Most urban areas now in excess of the total 2016 vote! Democrats are motivated.

ElmkXaLW0AAskTo?format=jpg&name=medium

More and more evidence to suggest the state could flip.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"The only thing Republicans have to do, typically, to win an election in Texas is to win their primary and avoid getting hit by a bus by election day,” said Harold Cook, a political analyst and a veteran of Democratic Party campaigns in Texas.

That bus is "turning the corner" pretty fast now by the looks of it :pac:

Poor Ted won't be happy with how Texas is going - but then again...

EakvuH0WAAElDBU.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/29/politics/deborah-birx-task-force-scott-atlas/index.html

I remember being kind of annoyed with Brix not calling out Trump in the task force days, I guess she was just keeping things sweet but actually went off and got some things done despite him.

She has now been to 40 states and logged more than 20,000 miles, many of them since that fateful August meeting. She tours the country by commercial air, advising small groups of state and local officials on combating transmission. She pulls a small suitcase packed with essentials and an array of the signature scarves she wears each day.

Could be some great tell alls if Trump does lose to this sleepy joe worst candidate ever ever guy next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

WHO was telling countries to not close the airports, when the virus was spreading. Trump with lot of backlash from democrats shut the country to Europe and China. Democrats seem to forget that. With them in power during Covid 19 US probably be lot worse off.

He is constantly peddling this and I am constantly thinking:

"Please provide evidence that banning chinese and european flights had a significant impact on number of deaths and hospital admissions."

For the majority of the pandemic, allowing chinese tourists to enter the us would have reduced the infection rate per 100k given that they have been mostly covid free since the end of spring.

Before you tell me that it's obvious that if all travel was banned the virus could never infect anyone in the us, bare in mind many people including myself travelled between asia, Europe and the us during this time despite the travel bans because we had appropriate passports.

I don't see how the travel ban was effective, in fact I see the result as proof that the WHO advise was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭letowski

What's happening in Texas is quite remarkable with the huge early voter turnout numbers. When you consider in 2016, only 51.4% of the voting-eligible population cast a ballot, ranking it one of the lowest turnout rates in the country.

There is alot of potential in Texas for the Democrats. With an ever growing Hispanic base and a large African American base, the state is turning more purple. Beto O'Rourke and Julian Castro seem to be doing Trojan work on the ground there.

Beto only lost out by 1.7% to Ted Cruz in 2018.
    It wouldn't be a huge shock if Texas went blue, it's been coming for quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i (i suppose a lot of people) forgot that this is more than a presidential election.

how is the senate and house looking?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement