Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He seems to be screaming on twitter for the last few hours.

Tests all one or two words (all caps of course), he's becoming more unhinged by the day, defeat next week will tip him over the edge.

As one Trump zealot said on here before. "Why are they putting him through this? It's elder abuse!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump losing the plot on twitter and is becoming more deranged and delving into more conspiracy theories every day. His family should really intervene at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,867 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

namloc1980 wrote:
    Trump losing the plot on twitter and is becoming more deranged and delving into more conspiracy theories every day. His family should really intervene at this stage.

Absolutely not. It's going to be enjoyable watching him face defeat badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Lincoln Project still doing a great job of trolling the Trumps. They put up two massive billboards of Ivanka and Jared in Times Square
    5f93987e240000dd1261e5bf.jpeg?cache=qzpdhvhaei&ops=crop_241_372_5521_2498,scalefit_720_noupscale

Ivanka and Kushner threatened to sue and the Lincoln Project doubled down with their response
    The Lincoln Project responded that they would not remove the billboards, citing first amendment rights of free speech and the “reckless mismanagement of Covid-19” by the Trump White House.

In a legal response on Saturday night, attorney Matthew Sanderson told Kasowitz: “Please peddle your scare tactics elsewhere. The Lincoln Project will not be intimidated by such empty bluster … your clients are no longer Upper East Side socialites, able to sue at the slightest offense to their personal sensitivities.”

Due to a “gross act of nepotism”, Sanderson wrote, citing supreme court precedent and “substantial constitutional protections for those who speak out”, Trump and Kushner have become public officials whom Americans “have the right to discuss and criticise freely”.

Kasowitz claimed Kushner “never said” the words attributed to him on the billboards, and Trump “never made the gesture” she is shown to make. Vanity Fair reported the Kushner quote, from a meeting in March, in which Kushner criticised New York governor Andrew Cuomo. Trump tweeted the pose used by the Lincoln Project in July, controversially promoting Goya foods.

The “bruised self-image” of the president’s daughter, Sanderson wrote, “does not change the fact that this billboard accurately depicts her support of a federal response that has utterly failed to prevent an unmitigated tragedy for the United States”.

“May I suggest,” he added, “that if Mr Kushner and Ms Trump are genuinely concerned about salvaging their reputations, they would do well to stop suppressing truthful criticism and instead turn their attention to the Covid-19 crisis that is still unfolding under their inept watch.

“These billboards are not causing [their] standing with the public to plummet. Their incompetence is.”

A footnote to Sanderson’s letter cited “one of the seminal libel-proof plaintiff cases”, that of a well-known mobster whose reputation was “so tarnished … he could claim no damages for defamation. Mr Kushner and Ms Trump’s claims will fare no better than Boobie Cerasini’s given their tarnished reputations on Covid-19,” it said.

Sanderson also said “this isn’t over” and added: “Sue if you must.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/25/lincoln-project-jared-kushner-ivanka-trump-billboards

Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

eagle eye wrote: »
    Absolutely not. It's going to be enjoyable watching him face defeat badly.

Not sure he will lose. Polls are getting closer, and then you have the millions of non hat wearing, non flag waving, not admitting supporters who will simply vote for him in secret, but never admit to their love of his polices. This is what won it for him last time.
    On election night it will be, TRUMP WIN FLORIDA, TRUMP WINS MICHIGAN, TRUMP WINS PA, TRUMP WINS TEXAS, TRUMP WINS IOWA

CNN hosts falling to their knees screaming to the clouds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭hometruths

No, thats not it. Lots of the media outlets refusing to touch this story are pro Trump, they'd run it if they thought it was a winner.

The Hillary emails story was hyped beyond reason, but there was a core of truth, she did handle emails sloppily.

No-one will touch this because it is transparently fake.

It cannot be that transparently fake if the DOJ have confirmed there has been a money laundering investigation into Hunter Biden since 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

namloc1980 wrote: »

Here we go.. the narcissistic melt down.. I hate those 'gets popcorn' GIFs.. but now Is the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

schmittel wrote: »
    It cannot be that transparently fake if the DOJ have confirmed there has been a money laundering investigation into Hunter Biden since 2019.

Oh dear, and you were doing so well, too:
    BREAKING: DOJ source says FBI dropped Biden laptop investigation

One America News Network host Jack Posobiec tweeted Sunday that a source from the Department of Justice told the network that the FBI dropped the investigation due to supposed concerns over the story from the repair shop owner.

Update: James Rosen of the Sinclair Television Group reported on Thursday that a source has disclosed that Hunter Biden and his associates are indeed under criminal investigation by the FBI. This story is developing.
    https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-fbi-drops-biden-laptop-investigation

I think this Republican disinformation scam just backfired. So sad to see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Not sure he will lose. Polls are getting closer, and then you have the millions of non hat wearing, non flag waving, not admitting supporters who will simply vote for him in secret, but never admit to their love of his polices. This is what won it for him last time.
    On election night it will be, TRUMP WIN FLORIDA, TRUMP WINS MICHIGAN, TRUMP WINS PA, TRUMP WINS TEXAS, TRUMP WINS IOWA

For the life of me, I cannot get my head around this. Biden will lose because Trump voters are shy and won't publicly show their support for him, but also, Biden will lose because Trump voters are showing their support much more publicly than Biden voters.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Oh dear, and you were doing so well, too:

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-fbi-drops-biden-laptop-investigation

I think this Republican disinformation scam just backfired. So sad to see.

Eh?
    Update: James Rosen of the Sinclair Television Group reported on Thursday that a source has disclosed that Hunter Biden and his associates are indeed under criminal investigation by the FBI. This story is developing.

so he is under investigation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭bennyineire

No they are not, please show me where they are ? Also over half of the electorate have voted already. Trump may well win Florida but he ain't winning Michigan or PA.

I wonder will you be falling to their knees screaming to the clouds when the reality finally dawns on you :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

For the life of me, I cannot get my head around this. Biden will lose because Trump voters are shy and won't publicly show their support for him, but also, Biden will lose because Trump voters are showing their support much more publicly than Biden voters.

I guess it can be both?

Could be say:
    We have Trump voters who attend rallies and are very vocal.
    We have Trump voters that when asked will not say they vote Trump due to backlash.

We have Biden voters who attend rallies and are vocal.
    But maybe none who decline to say for fear of backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Endorsed by the Ministry of Truth for being double plusgood.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Eh?

James Rosen is a former Fox News reporter, so one should also cast an eye on the messenger. Far too late for it to affect anything or to link Joes Biden to it. That they did go with Sleepy Joe epithet for so long suggests there was really nothing to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Eh

My apologies, I missed that. Posobiec's source was obviously not a good one if the Rosen thing turns out to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,316 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Eh?

James rosen reporting "a source" who is totally unnamed is not confirmation of anything lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Wait, Posobiec has his own tv show???

cnocbui wrote: »
    My apologies, I missed that. Posobiec's source was obviously not a good one if the Rosen thing turns out to be true.

You might have missed it, but in fairness you posted it!

is_that_so wrote: »
    James Rosen is a former Fox News reporter, so one should also cast an eye on the messenger. Far too late for it to affect anything or to link Joes Biden to it. That they did go with Sleepy Joe epithet for so long suggests there was really nothing to find.

I get that Fox is sensationalist and pro Trump, but do James Rosen or the Fox News have a history of making up stories and attributing them to DOJ officials?

There is complete lack of critical thinking here. People are being spoon fed garbage and they are swallowing it willingly, because the end justifies the means - i.e ensure Biden wins the election.

It is a perfectly reasonable position to say "I hate Trump, and the sooner he's gone the better, whatever Biden and his family may or may not have done is not going to change my mind."

That I can understand.

But to pretend that there is absolutely no truth to this story and claim it is Russian disinformation because Fox are reporting it is absolute madness.

What about Glenn Greenwald, Pulitzer Prize winner, and hardly a rampant Republican. Is he credible? He's had enough it would seem:
    A media outlet that renounces its core function -- pursuing answers to relevant questions about powerful people -- is one that deserves to lose the public's faith and confidence. And that is exactly what the U.S. media, with some exceptions, attempted to do with this story: they took the lead not in investigating these documents but in concocting excuses for why they should be ignored.

The people who copmplain about Trump dismissing reports of scandals and corruption as 'fake news', don't seem to understand that Dems are guilty of exactly the same thing by rubbishing everything as Russian disinformation.

Fake news = disinformation. Literally!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trumps healthcare plan, coming in just two weeks

https://twitter.com/odin0101/status/1321626408855183365

• Advertisement

I missed that the documents where on a Flash Drive! This gets better. :pac:

What in Gods name is Tucks waiting for!? Release the documents and bring down the Biden Crime Family!!!

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1321972073854631941

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

vojiwox wrote: »
    I missed that the documents where on a Flash Drive! This gets better. :pac:

What in Gods name is Tucks waiting for!? Release the documents and bring down the Biden Crime Family!!!

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1321972073854631941

Yeah.. That was just weird...

Why on earth would you post a USB Key??

Surely Fox News have a cloud based resource for remote staff etc.?

Who in the hell can't access Google Docs or whatever.

The whole thing is just bizarre.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Quin_Dub wrote: »

it's perfect if you want to hype the crap out of a nothing story....

or in this case, a complete deepfake story.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Yeah cause the first night he was saying they shipped them as they needed to verify them. I totally presumed they were actual documents.

The story just seems more and more made up as they add more things in a desperate attempt to keep it in the news.

Although to be fair I think he gave up himself last night.

Just need to keep chanting bias now and rigged election for the weekend I spose.

And hope a few people fall for the GDP thing.

namloc1980 wrote: »

Well he certainly knows his base given the sh1te they buy into.

And what happens if he doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You're talking out of your hole, there has been absolutely no metric here, or elsewhere, that identifies the 'shy trump voter other than 'hur dur de polls in '16'.

Who are you trying to convince? The adults in the room or yourself?

A case ot Schrödinger's Trump supporter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,867 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Muahahaha wrote:
    The Lincoln Project still doing a great job of trolling the Trumps. They put up two massive billboards of Ivanka and Jared in Times Square
    Well they are scum imo.

They are not running for POTUS. No need for that crap, do something about Donald Trump but not about his family.

They deserve the same treatment as those doing the Hunter Biden stuff.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    And what happens if he doesn't?

CNN hosts falling to their knees rejoicing to the clouds!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement