Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has covid 19 been blown out of all proportion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Adam9213

Blazer wrote: »
    Shut up monkey. You silly silly child. Go play with your Lego or something.

You mad bro? That corona getting to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Adam9213 wrote: »
    Hmm don't know what to say to you anymore.

Quite

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Happy4all wrote: »
    The flu I got at Xmas was the sickest I've ever been. doubt that is sufficient evidence it was a very dangerous flu.

No its certainly not. But the fact that more than 0.12% of the population of New York, Lombardy and Madrid have died from it in the last 5 weeks is

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Adam9213 - continue posting along these lines and I'm going to presume your trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Long_Wave wrote: »
    I think it's kinda funny that this very time say 6 months ago , Irish people were saying Ireland should be like Sweden because of their childcare/heathcare/liberal abortion etc etc, at the same time people were saying that Borris/the torries/the Brits in general were a disaster and destroying themselves but then we ended up copying the Brits lockdown about 24/48 hours after Borris announced his one.

Ireland had put restrictions in place before Britain had, closing schools etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Can't disagree with what you are saying and this spending i have to say it concerns me greatly,specially when i see certain countries bigger and wealthier than us unwilling to pay for these expensive tests.

Everybody has lauded the S.Korea approach but they have tested half of the amount we have with a population multiple times ours.Greece has a population of more than double ours and have bought a fraction of these expensive tests compared to us,they are also a lot closer to Italy than us and are not an Island nation and they seem to be doing fine.Surely being an Island we could have taken a different approach,rather than taking on this absolutely enormous debt we are laying on our future generations.

These countries simply realised they cannot afford to spend so much of their future on these expensive tests,and we have a very naive young government who is being cheered on to dip into the bond market,we seemed to learn nothing from the last bank bailout.Greece obviously have and when this is all said and done,countries like Greece,who didn't spend off a cliff on expensive tests are going to come out this a lot better than us.

The cost of the tests is a pittance in the grand scheme of things lol, the social welfare support for COVID would outweigh this many hundredfold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Inquitus wrote: »
    The cost of the tests is a pittance in the grand scheme of things lol, the social welfare support for COVID would outweigh this many hundredfold.

That support can't continue at the present level for long

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Happy4all wrote: »
    The flu I got at Xmas was the sickest I've ever been. doubt that is sufficient evidence it was a very dangerous flu.

1000 deaths in a six week period and the entire country under lockdown speaks for itself. You wouldn't have 1000 flu deaths in the same scenario or anything close to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭hopalongcass

No warning for that guy insulting me? You don't presume that he's trolling? He sounds like a kid throwing a strop

Both around 15k posts probably friends with each other wouldn't listen to them man.

He will probably ban me too,its how it works on these internet forums probably why i will delete my account again pretty soon,weak characters on power trips behind a keyboard.

Both around 15k posts probably friends with each other wouldn't listen to them man.

He will probably ban me too,its how it works on these internet forums probably why i will delete my account again pretty soon,weak characters on power trips behind a keyboard.

Look this is what that guy sent me

I then say "are you mad bro" and I get a warning, what the hell is going on here lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Strazdas wrote: »
    1000 deaths in a six week period and the entire country under lockdown speaks for itself. You wouldn't have 1000 flu deaths in the same scenario or anything close to it.

And without lockdown it would be very much worse

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I'm coming to the conclusion it has been blown out of all proportions - and in particular the over cautious lockdown startegy driven by WHO (our new masters) - look at the death rates today :-

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Not the tsunami of deaths we were all told would happen, even in countrys that imposed no lockdown like Sweden - two deaths recorded today -

India one new death - an over-crowded developing country with extreme poverty - where I feared the worst - but already ther are reports of food shortages and people going hungry and yet only one Covid death today in a county of over one billion people.

But the impact these lockdowns are having on so many countrys seams to be forgotton by an over emotive minority, what about all the twenty somethings who have lost ther jobs/ business / careers - what about all those suffering even more in the developing world , in over-crowded lockdowns - I believe WHO could have huge questions to answer , when this is all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Long_Wave wrote: »
    I think it's kinda funny that this very time say 6 months ago , Irish people were saying Ireland should be like Sweden because of their childcare/heathcare/liberal abortion etc etc, at the same time people were saying that Borris/the torries/the Brits in general were a disaster and destroying themselves but then we ended up copying the Brits lockdown about 24/48 hours after Borris announced his one.

Do you really expect people will take you seriously when you post comments like that, couldn't be further removed from the reality of the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭hopalongcass

Look this is what that guy sent me

I then say "are you mad bro" and I get a warning, what the hell is going on here lol

Yeah i know i seen it man,they will drive u mad if you hang around here too much,its just how it works on here all just cliques and sheep,if you stray off the narrative too much they get confused.

Not much critical thinkers here,if your message is off the narrative you're allowed to be insulted,if your following the narrative you can insult away without recourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Strazdas wrote: »
    It's a very dangerous pandemic.
    No it isn't.

It's the totalitarianism which uses the pandemic as an excuse which is very dangerous. And I am entitled to call it totalitarianism. In fact even Jonathan Sumption - a former UK Supreme Court justice - referred to the very similar British response as being totalitarian. So moderators should not seek to deny this valid view of these matters. They also should not seek to deny the illegality of the measures which is indeed the subject of legal proceedings at present.

So my comments are completely valid and tyrants should not seek to impose their agenda over users on this forum (which is a very poor forum owing to the dictatorial actions of very many moderators). In fact boards.ie is a disgrace.

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    I would have thought being a qualified medical doctor during a global pandemic, would be the sort of life experience you would WANT in your leader?
    No. Competence would be far more useful. Leo the Liar is an incompetent charlatan.

And his imposition of a hard border in this country shows him up as a charlatan and a liar, and he should be imprisoned for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,930 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Risteard81 wrote: »
    No. Competence would be far more useful. Leo the Liar is an incompetent charlatan.

And his imposition of a hard border in this country shows him up as a charlatan and a liar, and he should be imprisoned for this.
    What hard border would that be?? :confused:

very hard to take posters seriously when such a level of hyperbole is employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Harris has been a disaster of a Minister, did you notice his absence from the entire Election campaign? Varadkar has been a disaster as a Leader of FG and even his own constituents didn't give him a quota!!! They are career politicians....so whatever life experience they have on top of that is not helping them or us.

The poster was referring to their handling of covid-19 not their time in government or the election result. I'd love to know what kind of "life experience" you think would help you prepare and deal with the worst pandemic since 1918. Some posters here are in cloud cuckoo land.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What hard border would that be?? :confused:

very hard to take posters seriously when such a level of hyperbole is employed.
    Garda checks along the border very, very clearly match Leo the Liar's definition of a hard border used during the Brexit negotiations.

And by the way Brexit and all opposition to the so-called "EU" is the correct policy. The so-called "EU" is the enemy of Ireland and all countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

The Conspiracy Nutbar Level is at a strong 9 for some in this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

No it isn't.

It's the totalitarianism which uses the pandemic as an excuse which is very dangerous. And I am entitled to call it totalitarianism. In fact even Jonathan Sumption - a former UK Supreme Court justice - referred to the very similar British response as being totalitarian. So moderators should not seek to deny this valid view of these matters. They also should not seek to deny the illegality of the measures which is indeed the subject of legal proceedings at present.

So my comments are completely valid and tyrants should not seek to impose their agenda over users on this forum (which is a very poor forum owing to the dictatorial actions of very many moderators). In fact boards.ie is a disgrace.

Yet your still here posting reactive negative rubbish. No doubt you have developed a better and detailed system for the 26 counties for dealing with COVID19 which you will post here very soon. When will you post of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

No it isn't.

Jesus Christ I thought we kept all the nutcases isolated to the conspiracies forum?
    Can’t they just go back there and let the adults talk amongst themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

804082128-conspiracy-theories.jpg

Jesus Christ I thought we kept all the nutcases isolated to the conspiracies forum?

You probably carry on like this everyday and have never received a single infraction, I can tell you're the type of guy who sits in front of the TV nodding violently and believing everything you hear on the news then you come online see something that goes against what that guy with the serious looking face on TV said and call them crazy conspiracy theorists.

You probably carry on like this everyday and have never received a single infraction, I can tell you're the type of guy who sits in front of the TV nodding violently and believing everything you hear on the news then you come online see something that goes against what that guy with the serious looking face on TV said and call them crazy conspiracy theorists.

'Knowing what we know not MY OPINION is we should have totally locked down the care homes staff should have been isolated with the residents.'

How would you propose they could do that, seeing as many staff have families that depend on them. Homes have beds for residents only, very few would have many extra beds for staff to sleep in. Workers there work on shift rotation and their numbers eceed the number of residents. So how do you propose staff would have been isolated with residents?

Yeah i know i seen it man,they will drive u mad if you hang around here too much,its just how it works on here all just cliques and sheep,if you stray off the narrative too much they get confused.

Not much critical thinkers here,if your message is off the narrative you're allowed to be insulted,if your following the narrative you can insult away without recourse.

As for critical thinking a lot of people are capable of doing so, but bias does creep in same thing is occurring with some AI implementations due to bias in the base data.

Most people are also pretty good at spotting trolls, sock puppets, reregs etc after while because they are so predictable.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    As for critical thinking a lot of people are capable of doing so, but bias does creep in same thing is occurring with some AI implementations due to bias in the base data.

Most people are also pretty good at spotting trolls, sock puppets, reregs etc after while because they are so predictable.

Posters who started a new account today are a good example. I wonder how many accouts some peple have? I'm making a massive assumption there, mind you, but probably close than someone assuming someeone stays at home believeing everything they see on telly.

Posters who started a new account today are a good example. I wonder how many accouts some peple have? I'm making a massive assumption there, mind you, but probably close than someone assuming someeone stays at home believeing everything they see on telly.

I can't even understand what the second half of your means, please edit it so I can reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,288 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

There must be a hole in the fence.

I fùcking told Beasty using hamsters to keep the site running would bite us in the ass. Now the conspirators are in the wild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The Conspiracy Nutbar Level is at a strong 9 for some in this thread

Sounds like tin foil hats will remain on long after the 5th may. Might need to even double up.

Advertisement