Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The try harder if ye want a second joke thread thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Jim Stark wrote: »
    Guy goes to the supermarket....

Goes to the fresh produce section and picks up two oranges, two bananas, and two red apples and puts them in his trolley....

He then goes to the bakery and gets a loaf of bread and puts that into the trolley...

As he is walking towards the checkout he sees '2 for 1' advertised for bags of coffee and remembers that he is out of coffee so takes two bags and puts them in his trolley...

He's now at the checkout and there is a girl there... she takes the two oranges, scans them and puts them in a paper bag... she then takes the two bananas, scans them and puts them in the SAME paper bag... now she takes the two red apples, scans them and again puts them in the same paper bag with oranges and the bananas...

She then takes the two bags of coffee and puts them in a new paper bag... now she picks up the loaf of bread, flips it upside down and turns it around to find the barcode but there's none... she calls for another member of staff to do a price check and a young girl comes over with long red hair. She takes the loaf of bread, goes away, and after about 20 seconds comes back and tells the checkout girl that it is only one euro.

The girl now takes the loaf of bread and places it on top of the two bags of coffee and the guy stares at her... "Jesus you don't get a lot of dates, do you?" The checkout girl looks up at him in surprise and says "No... I don't! How did you know that??"

The guy replies "...because you're an ugly bitch."

That is not a joke, describing people as ugly is not a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jim Stark

That is not a joke, describing people as ugly is not a joke.

It is a joke sorry about you! Grow a brain and maybe you'll understand it.
    : ) : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Let us pray......................
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord,
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

A lap dancing club called the G-spot recently closed down in my area due to no business.........men found it too hard to find apparently........

A wife asked her husband: 'What do you like most in me, my pretty face or my sexy body?'

He looked at her from head to toe and replied: 'I like your sense of humor!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

A lap dancing club called the G-spot recently closed down in my area due to no business.........men found it too hard to find apparently........
    Maybe they couldn't find it because it doesn't really exist.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Mr Tibbs wrote: »
    A dwarf with a lisp goes into a stud farm and says to the owner
    I'd like to buy a horth. What kind of horse would you like
    A female horth

So the owner shows him a mare. Nithe horth can I see her eyeth
    The owner lifts the dwarf up and shows him the horses eyes.
    Nice eyeth, can I see her teeth

So the owner lifts him up and shows him the horses teeth
    Nithe teeth, can I see her eerth
    The owner getting a bit agitated lifts up the dwarf and shows him the horses ears.

Nithe eerth, can I see her twot. Really pissed off now the owner picks up the dwarf lifts the horses tail and shoves his head in holding him there for a few seconds before leaving him down
    Shaking his head, the dwarf says, pewhat's I should weefwaze that.

Can I see her wun awound

I don't get it. Why does he start off with a lisp on his S's and ends with one on his R's? Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

3rdDegree wrote: »
    I don't get it. Why does he start off with a lisp on his S's and ends with one on his R's? Did I miss something?

I only noticed that now that you drew attention to it. But I think the "R" thing is what is known as an R lisp.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I only noticed that now that you drew attention to it. But I think the "R" thing is what is known as an R lisp.

Ah, now I get it - it's a rhotacism!!!:D:D:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Picking up my kids from school today I saw a lot of mothers with 4 x 4s. I thought to myself "they'll never use them off-road". Then I seen them trying to park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Picking up my kids from school today I saw a lot of mothers with 4 x 4s. I thought to myself "they'll never use them off-road". Then I seen them trying to park.

Saw this the other day - :D:D

http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?p=504309

(Sorry ladies)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

(Sorry ladies)
    *Dusts off* this one

Car Parking

The smallest kerbside space successfully reversed into by a woman was one of 19.36m (63ft 2ins), equivalent to three standard parking spaces, by Mrs. Elizabeth Simpkins, driving an unmodified Vauxhall Nova ‘Swing’ on 12th October 1993.

She started the manoeuvre at 11.15am in Ropergate, Pontefract, and successfully parked within three feet of the pavement 8 hours 14 minutes later. There was slight damage to the bumpers and wings of her own and two adjoining cars, as well as a shop frontage and two lamp posts.

Incorrect Driving

The longest journey completed with the handbrake on was one of 504 km (313 miles) from Stranraer to Holyhead by Dr. Julie Thorn (GB) at the wheel of a Saab 900 on the 2nd April 1987.

Dr. Thorn noticed a burning smell two miles into her journey at Aird but pressed on to Holyhead with smoke billowing from the rear wheels.

This journey also holds the records for the longest completed journey with the choke fully out and the right indicator flashing.

From The Joy of Sexism, John Broon Publishing Ltd., London

This journey also holds the records for the longest completed journey with the choke fully out
    Don't you mean the "handbag handle" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

What's the best thing to take if you're run down?

The number of the car that hit you

A police officer called the station on his radio.
    "I have an interesting case here. An old lady shot her husband for stepping on the floor she just mopped."
    "Have you arrested the woman?"
    "Not yet. The floor's still wet."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I see Osama bin Laden has a new cookbook out.
    How to make a big apple crumble in twenty minutes.

A gynaecologist had become fed up with malpractice insurance and paperwork, and was burned out.

Hoping to try another career where skillful hands would be beneficial, he decided to become a mechanic.

He went to the local technical college, signed up for evening classes, attended diligently, and learned all he could.

When the time of the practical exam approached, the gynaecologist prepared carefully for weeks, and completed the exam with tremendous skill.

When the results came back, he was surprised to find that he had obtained a score of 150%.

Fearing an error, he called the Instructor, saying, "I don't want to appear ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wonder if there is an error in the grade?"

"The instructor said, "During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark.

You put the engine back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark."

After a pause, the instructor added, "I gave you an extra 50% because you did it all through the exhaust, which I've never seen done in my entire career".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go camping. Sometime in the middle of the night Holmes wakes Watson up." Watson look up at the stars and tell me what you deduce." Watson replies "I see millions of stars and if even a few of them have planets it's quite likely there are some planets like Earth and if that's the case they might harbour life."
    Holmes replies" No Watson the correct deduction is that someone has stolen our tent"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Two parrots sitting on a perch.

One turns to the other and says 'Can you smell fish?'

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

chughes wrote: »
    Maybe they couldn't find it because it doesn't really exist.... :)
    Oh oh oh yessssssssss it does.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Oldie but goodie

A duck walks into a bar and asks, "Got any grapes?"

The bartender, confused, tells the duck no. The duck thanks him and leaves.

The next day, the duck returns and asks, "Got any grapes?"

Again, the bartender tells him, "No -- the bar does not serve grapes, has never served grapes and, furthermore, will never serve grapes." The duck thanks him and leaves.

The next day, the duck returns, but before he can say anything, the bartender yells, "Listen, duck! This is a bar! We do not serve grapes! If you ask for grapes again, I will nail your stupid duck beak to the bar!"

The duck is silent for a moment, and then asks, "Got any nails?"

Confused, the bartender says no.

"Good!" says the duck. "Got any grapes?"

Senility.

An elderly man went to his doctor and said, 'Doc, I think I'm getting senile. Several times lately, I have forgotten to zip up.' 'That's not senility,' replied the doctor. 'Senility is when you forget to zip down.'

Senility.

An elderly man went to his doctor and said, 'Doc, I think I'm getting senile. Several times lately, I have forgotten to zip up.' 'That's not senility,' replied the doctor. 'Senility is when you forget to zip down.'

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

Paddy rang the midwife. Come quickly The wife is about to have the baby

How dilated is she
    Jaysus girl we're both over the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

A woman was walking down the road when she spotted any elderly lady sitting down, not wearing any knickers, and eating a watermelon.

She asked the elderly lady, "Is it cooler without any knickers?"

To which she replied, "No, but it keeps the flies off my watermelon".

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

For a class project, a college professor asks all of his students to brainstorm and yell out different kinds of stereotypes.

"All blonde girls are dumb!" yells a boy in the back.

"Sony!" Yells the blonde girl in the front.

For a class project, a college professor asks all of his students to brainstorm and yell out different kinds of stereotypes.

"All blonde girls are dumb!" yells a boy in the back.

"Sony!" Yells the blonde girl in the front.

SPAGHETTI LOVE STORY
    For several years, a man was having an affair with an Italian woman.
    One night, she confided in him that she was pregnant.
    Not wanting to ruin his reputation or his marriage, he said he would pay her a large sum of money if she would go to Italy to secretly have the child.
    Furthermore, if she stayed in Italy to raise the child, he would also provide child support until the child turned 18.
    She agreed, but asked how he would know when the baby was born. To keep it discreet, he told her to simply mail him a post card, and write 'Spaghetti' on the back. He would then arrange for the child support payments to begin.
    One day, about 9 months later, he came home to his confused wife.
    'Honey, she said, 'you received a very strange post card today.'
    'Oh, just give it to me and I'll explain it later,' he said.
    The wife obeyed and watched as her husband read the card, turned white, and fainted.
    On the card was written:

Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti.

Three with meatballs, two without.
    Send extra sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

A university writing class were given an excercise
    To write a short a short story, using these three subjects
    Religion, sex and mystery

The winning entry went as follows

Oh my God I'm pregnant, I wonder who done it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement