Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I WANT snow.

I DEMAND snow.

I WILL HAVE snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

GFS keeps with the trend of a bit of height into Greenland lets hope that continues.

h500slpl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16 byrnecontrol

RTE +1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

At 114hrs, we all breathe a sigh of relief
    The rest of the run should be awesome!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

GFS isn't following the ECM this time. Scandi high has sunk south even earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Those minus 8 uppers are well out into the Atlantic (coming from the West) at +114.

Creeping towards the other models at 120 and 126? Low developing, even if its not a big a feature as on the ECM.

NAE 42 hours. Rain turning to snow across the border in east Donegal.

13011812_1618.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Solid NAE and GFS tonight.

Lets hope for continued westwards shift tomorrow :)

18z going off on one quite early
    I mean for heaven's sake it gives the Uk's snowfall almost entirely to Cork :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭Deank

18z going off on one quite early
    I mean for heaven's sake it gives the Uk's snowfall almost entirely to Cork :-)

Don't let Leahyl hear that:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Deank wrote: »
    Don't let Leahyl hear that:eek:

Always lurking that one...

At 114hrs, we all breathe a sigh of relief
    The rest of the run should be awesome!! :)

:confused:

Scandi high has sunk and it only sent a very small low southeast.

Have a look at the 12Z ECM again....

18Z GFS is good for Ireland in the short term but its crap after that.

Ouch the 18z continues to short live the cold
    Not good!!

Come back Gerry all is forgiven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Is it going to snow...... I've tried to decipher your meteorological code but alas i have failed....Is it going to snow????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I wish I believed in anything above 48 hours, I'd take the 78 & 84 GFS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Creeping towards the other models at 120 and 126? Low developing, even if its not a big a feature as on the ECM.

Which fizzles out by +138. And the Azores High is nudging a ridge towards us at +144. The GFS is having none of this model consensus mallarkey is it?

del88 wrote: »
    Is it going to snow...... I've tried to decipher your meteorological code but alas i have failed....Is it going to snow????

facepalmpicard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Which fizzles out by +138. And the Azores High is nudging a ridge towards us at +144. The GFS is having none of this model consensus mallarkey is it?

All a bit familiar isnt it!?

Well if you have Ian Brown saying bin it over on N-W that's a good sign
    See you all in the morning

NAE. 48 hours. Snow getting a bit futher into Donegal. No snow south of Ulster by this point (6pm), just rain, but looks like it would pivot in there later in the night if this went beyond 48 hours. A positive NAE run. Should be interesting in the moring.

13011818_1618.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

del88 wrote: »

Yes, 100% it is going to snow...............but I can't tell you exactly where on the planet it will occur, sry

Defiantly an improvement for the West this evening, lets hope the UKMO lust for snow is vain and we can get first dibs! Another 48 hours and still wiggle room left!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Anybody have access to the latest fax charts, how is Saturday and Sunday looking? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The only thing I will say on the GFS folks ,

When none of the charts were showing anything really interesting , The GFS stuck to its guns

Slowly all the others jumped on board,

When they did the GFS jumped off ,

It has since come back but I would not discount what its saying now as it backs away again, but I do think the orientation of the low is very wrong myself , and all the other models are against it

18Z NAE showing -7 & -8 uppers reaching N.I. in 48 hours.
    18Z GFS has -3 uppers there at 48 hours.

Hi res models like the NAE will be really important as we get closer to potential rain/snow 'events'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Anybody have access to the latest fax charts, how is Saturday and Sunday looking? :)

Here,

24hr 36hr 48hr 60hr 72hr 84hr 96hr 120hr

Just to point out that the 96 and 120 hr charts only update once a day and at around this time. Earlier charts update at around 6.30am and 6.30pm each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Never take the 18z too seriously.

The 12z was worse, in the long run!

Also Id like to see the verification stats of the 12z vs 18z. Im sure the 12z has some better stats but I doubt its very dramatic. Not enough to say 'ignore the 18z'.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Must be somewhat of a record amount viewing here?!

Users_zps7d963e3d.jpg

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    The 12z was worse, in the long run!

Also Id like to see the verification stats of the 12z vs 18z. Im sure the 12z has some better stats but I doubt its very dramatic. Not enough to say 'ignore the 18z'.

99 red balloons.
    For the GFS, look at a couple days of 00Z and 12Z runs for consistency. Avoid the 06Z and 18Z runs when 00 or 12 is available; in the U.S. these runs don't include the weather balloon network data (balloons are only sent up twice per day), and are therefore radically different and more likely to have bias.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/weathermatrix/why-are-the-models-so-inaccurate/18097

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Anyone catch the 9 news/weather wat was said :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement