Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Notice on the 12Z NAE for midday Friday (as far out as it goes), precip in the Atlantic shown as falling as snow.

13011812_1612.gif

Cold uppers coming in from the west.
    13011812_1612.gif

528 dam line extending east and west.
    13011812_1612.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Bit of panic over on NW about weekend precip moving west and dumping its load before it reaches them in the UK :D

Could you link that to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

Lucreto wrote: »
    Could you link that to us.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75594-winter-model-discussion-18z-16113-onwards/

A few comments have been deleted by the looks of it, the one liners!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Bit of panic over on NW about weekend precip moving west and dumping its load before it reaches them in the UK :D

Stands and confesses " i don't lnow what an NW is?" Can you post a link please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Milder air. Mixed precipitation. I'd only expect rain/sleet at low levels in Waterford to be honest.

A very bullish forecast from M.T. there. I hope he survives the virtual lynching on here if that doesn't work out. :P

Look at all the snow predicted by MT for outside my door - "That might turn out to be elevation based but certainly the potential is there for 20-30 cm falls on slopes above 150m in the southeast where orographic uplift will help boost totals."
    I certainly won't lynch him if wrong, but I am willing to sell the snow to whoever wants it if correct :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

How will the Midlands fair out in all of this.;-)

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Now, the question is does the GFS do a backtrack on the 18z ?

There might be some sort of a backtrack but might not happen until the 0Z when it gets the full range of latest data.

Or the GFS might be right, heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

mothel wrote: »
    Stands and confesses " i don't lnow what an NW is?" Can you post a link please!

Forum over on Netweather.

http://forum.netweather.tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

Is there even a chance of snow in the south west of Ireland or will it be the same as usual when the east gets all the snow when it actually snows :/

Min wrote: »
    Look at all the snow predicted by MT for outside my door - "That might turn out to be elevation based but certainly the potential is there for 20-30 cm falls on slopes above 150m in the southeast where orographic uplift will help boost totals."
    I certainly won't lynch him if wrong, but I am willing to sell the snow to whoever wants it if correct :pac:

I think it's safe to say you'll see a few flakes at least Min. :) Hope you don't get it too bad up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

There might be some sort of a backtrack but might not happen until the 0Z when it gets the full range of latest data.

Don't say things like that !!!! :pac::pac::pac:

clint-eastwood-cannot-unsee-what-has-been-seen-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-174.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

There are to be no discussions of lying snow or pictures here until I tell you its snowing in Waterford. I will not have the disappointment and have you lot rubbing it in.

I could just turn off the computer but thats just silly talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ah get off stage Maq.... :D:D:D

"thinks" Maq is right :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Trotter wrote: »
    There are to be no discussions of lying snow or pictures here until I tell you its snowing in Waterford. I will not have the disappointment and have you lot rubbing it in.

Amen brother!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Tv3 showing Irelands worst weather for the umteenth time. Bet Gerry hopes everyone is watching this instead of 9:30 forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Rougies

Here's the GFS accumulated precip chart out to Tuesday. I can see why they might be worried. Ireland and Wales gets most of the precip while England and Scotland have the colder air. Why can't we all just share!;)

If it all fell as snow in Wicklow/Wexford, there'd be more than 40cm snow lying by Tuesday.

144-777.GIF?16-12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭200motels

We're always disappointed down here no matter what the weather, we'll have loads of rain while the rest will have snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Speak Now

200motels wrote: »
    We're always disappointed down here no matter what the weather, we'll have loads of rain while the rest will have snow.
    Sure didnt we get loads before Christmas 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Would it be unfair bring back memories of this.
    507997main_ireland670-1210.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Wat about the north east over the weekend. Would there be a good chance of snow

Rougies wrote: »
    Here's the GFS accumulated precip chart out to Tuesday. I can see why they might be worried. Ireland and Wales gets most of the precip while England and Scotland have the colder air. Why can't we all just share!;)

If it all fell as snow in Wicklow/Wexford, there'd be more than 40cm snow lying by Tuesday.

144-777.GIF?16-12

Darn tooting! Still plenty of adjustments to come, they thought they had it in the bag, me thinks not!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nobody knows. Chance, yes.

With a username like that, you tell us! :D

Yep. A better chance there and in other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Just shows, no one on here has a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Just shows, no one on here has a clue!

Troll much ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Would it be unfair bring back memories of this.
    507997main_ireland670-1210.jpg

Clever snow...It was nice enough to leave a nice clear snow-free line for the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Saganist wrote: »
    Troll much ? :rolleyes:

Like I said, hasn't a clue!

BANNED , Im not in the mood for the trolls today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Like I said, hasn't a clue!

Haven't??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Beasterly the above satellite image is ingrained into my brain and was the first thing I thought of when MT mentioned mixing and Waterford.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement